Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Bat Vs Atiku: Why Neither Fills Me With Optimism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bat Vs Atiku: Why Neither Fills Me With Optimism (117 Views)

Atiku: Why I Didn’t Pick Tinubu As Running Mate In 2007 / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bat Vs Atiku: Why Neither Fills Me With Optimism by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2022
BAT VS ATIKU: WHY NEITHER FILLS ME WITH OPTIMISM. These two fellows represent two sides of the same coin. They are apostles of our rentier economy, and at various times superintendents of their own mini empires within the economy which they pillaged relentlessly. Put differently both are products of a culture of unaccountable governance, cronyism and unfettered discretionary powers. Neither can honestly and resolutely fight corruption and waste. Neither can lead by commendable example. Neither can lead a charge for class suicide in order to effect a root and branch change. At best they can attempt to contrive a rainbow coalition with a Pan Nigerian identity with respect to loot sharing with no subnational formations left out of the pillage and plunder to be perpetrated by their anointed sons and daughters.The political elite are very adroit in reproducing themselves within the confines of the extant socioeconomic disorder. Neither Atiku nor Tinubu represent a radical departure from what preceded them: helmsmen devoted to the prevailing iniquitous order. It is like having a new Chief Armed robber for a gang of bandits. One leader may be more equitable than the other in loot sharing but this attribute does not change the fact that he leads a pack of felons! Whereas PMB presided over looting anchored on ethno-religious bigotry, both Atiku and BAT can be counted upon to be more 'inclusive' of looters irrespective of their identities. In the end the change we truly desire at various levels may remain illusory. 1. A restructerd Federal system that seeks to devolve more resources and obligations to the subnational formations. 2.De-monetization of politics to enable mass participation without financial inducements. 3. The emergence of strong national institutions to keep unaccountable governance at bay. 4. Civil Service, Police and Judicial reforms. 5. Police, Health and Education to have first line charge with respect to funding. 6. A more realistic remuneration package for office holders. 7. Reform of the budgetary process to check fraud. 8. Widening of the tax base. 9. Ending tyranny and impunity by enthronement of the rule of law.10. Curtaling oil theft in the SS, a phenomenon led by wealthy and connected individuals aided and abetted by compromised segments of the security agencies.
These measures will block myriad conduit pipes through which our national patrimony is siphoned off to service a hedonistic lifestyle for reprobate office holders at all levels. As a prescription it has class suicide written all over it. Consequently class allergy is all too predictable! ©MM 9thJune, 2022

1 Like

Re: Bat Vs Atiku: Why Neither Fills Me With Optimism by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2022
YORUBA NATION IS OUR ONLY AGENDA
YORUBA NATION NOW
Re: Bat Vs Atiku: Why Neither Fills Me With Optimism by Nyamuriflathead: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
There are obi, Kwankwanso and others on the ballot vote for any of them that fills you with optimism

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Electoral Commission, INEC Only Recognises Peter Obi's Faction / How To Lead People Justly And Fairly / Payoneer And Skrill Funds Exchanger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.