Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,738 members, 7,862,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education (25557 Views)

Edo: Why Deputy Governor's Budgetary Allocation Was Slashed - Speaker, Agbebaku / Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation / Minimum Wage: FG In Dilemma Over Inadequate Budgetary Allocation To Pay N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by casualobserver: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

obviously you arent the one who calculated the $10b. since you arent the one who calculated it, can you verify whether the it is acutally true or not?

i also asked i thought buhari said before 2015 that theres nothing like subsidy?

The problem with nairaland is that all sorts of imbeciles and retards engage you. you see 4 trillion approved for subsidy in black and white, you are still arguing, what is 4trillion if not $10b? are you really this dull?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

The problem with nairaland is that all sorts of imbeciles and retards engage you. you wee 4trillion, you are still arguing, what is 4trillion if not $10b? are you really this dull?

even you calling people slowpoke and retards, you cant even answer simple questions. lets try again. obviously you arent the one who calculated the $10b. since you arent the one who calculated it, can you verify whether the it is actually true or not?

i also asked i thought buhari said before 2015 that theres nothing like subsidy?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by casualobserver: 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

even you calling people slowpoke and retards, you cant even answer simple questions. lets try again. obviously you arent the one who calculated the $10b. since you arent the one who calculated it, can you verify whether the it is actually true or not?

google is your friend
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by CheapHomes1: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

google is your friend

is google your enemy? pls try again. i know that you are very intelligent. obviously you arent the one who calculated the $10b. since you arent the one who calculated it, can you verify whether the it is actually true or not?

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by dadavivo: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Habayomie:

But people are collecting npower money without doing anything.

With inflation at almost 70% what on earth can ₦30,000 do.?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
casualobserver:

and you need to calm down, the man has said he will remove fuel subsidy, Fuel subsidy is $10b a year thats more than 25% of our budget!!!... Peter Obi just makes noise he hasnt said how he intends to do anythng. The real problem is you are not engaging your brain but are blinded by sentiment and nothing sensible will make any sense to you and your like because you are not approaching this from a place of intellect.

I will remove $10b from subsidy and put it into education........How hard is that for you to understand? it is the easiest promise to make and deliver on because the money is there, you can see where the money will come from. You prefer "i will turn consumption to production" by someone who hasnt told you how?

if you had any intelligence and your motives were pure, it is not his promise that should be your problem because it is easily fulfilled but how he will deal with the fall out from Subsidy removal. But you seemingly lack either intelligence or pure motives. But just to klet you know how smart Tinubu is, he has already told you before he gets into office that he intends to remove subsidy, so if he is elected he will tell the unions he has the people's mandate to remove subsidy as that is what the people voted for.

And you think removing fuel subsidy and Voila our problems are gone? Oga think stop trying to support this man, look removal of subsidy is a sensitive issue because the multiplier effects on the economy na die, and it is enough to cause a revolt. That is why Bubu is depending on Dangote refinery to be the stop gap but even at that Dangote is running on low cash flows that he cannot even secure finance to complete the project. So Bubu has no choice but to continue with subsidy. This same scenario is what Tinubu would face don't get it twisted. I work in the financial industry and we work with regulators and i can tell you that our situation is so bleak removal of subsidy alone will not solve our problems, wastage at all levels of government must be reduced, the economy must be transitioned to a productive economy. Tinubu i know will resort to Taxation and giving unnecessary revenue targets to government agencies who will in turn squeeze an already imporverished population.
It is sad that because of what Tinubu will give you, you are marketing another disaster to us, come to think of it the real star was Fashola, Tinubu didn't really do anything as governor, if we really want to be honest to ourselves here.

1 Like

Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Imagine what you are saying.

Cut the civil service? Then, what plans do Obi have to cushion the shock of a massive downsizing?

You have not addressed poverty, then you suddenly take jobs from people.

The same problem GEJ faced when he tried to remove fuel subsidy. Doing the right thing at the wrong time.

Oga we are bleeding and so many people are redundant in that civil service, it has become so bloated that it's performance is below par. reduce wastage then try to transition the economy to a productive one, get people to start SMEs let government use the savings from reducing wastage in public service to be channeled to SMEs so that these civil servant can transition from there. Give export waiver to these SMEs and watch how Nigeria would transform.
We keep sharing money all the time instead of generating the money look Peter Obi may not be perfect, but he is saying the harsh reality Tinubu, Atiku et.al have nothing to offer it is just power they want that's all.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
obynzo:

Oga we are bleeding and so many people are redundant in that civil service, it has become so bloated that it's performance is below par. reduce wastage then try to transition the economy to a productive one, get people to start SMEs let government use the savings from reducing wastage in public service to be channeled to SMEs so that these civil servant can transition from there. Give export waiver to these SMEs and watch how Nigeria would transform.
We keep sharing money all the time instead of generating the money look Peter Obi may not be perfect, but he is saying the harsh reality Tinubu, Atiku et.al have nothing to offer it is just power they want that's all.

It is never as straightforward as you people are making it.

First of all, you need substantial amount of electricity to even transition successfully from a consuming economy to a producing one. You don't want SMEs spending profits on fuel.

You also need to fight corruption, otherwise reducing the size of the civil service will only be a waste.

Obi is overhyped. He doesn't understand the problem.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by aujile(m): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
booblacain:
And what will happen to you when you don't fulfill this, absolutely nothing. You will simply hide behind blind supporters who will be falling over each other to give silly reasons why you did not keep to your word.

No be today.
He will still blame PDP
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by aralgreen: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
We've heard it before
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

It is never as straightforward as you people are making it.

First of all, you need substantial amount of electricity to even transition successfully from a consuming economy to a producing one. You don't want SMEs spending profits on fuel.

You also need to fight corruption, otherwise reducing the size of the civil service will only be a waste.

Obi is overhyped. He doesn't understand the problem.

Look Obi is not overhyped Obi will do something and we need someone who can minimize waste and transition from consumption to production
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by frog12: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
all this one does is copy and paste from google

casualobserver:

google is your friend
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
obynzo:

Look Obi is not overhyped Obi will do something and we need someone who can minimize waste and transition from consumption to production

I will leave you to continue to dream.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by blahc007: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
President Muhamamdu Buhari has already laid a solid foundation in security, economy, and anti-corruption. We will build upon this for the salvation of our people

I hope una read this part well...

If you like be playing tribal politics...Tinubu no make una any other promise oo...he isnt mincing words when he said he will continue Buharis legacy...

Mek una chek Legacy wey buhari wan leave naa
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by openmine(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
My own is that what will APC or the APC presidential aspirant use as their campaign promises?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by orumba(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Not again
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

I will leave you to continue to dream.

Continue deceiving yourself by selling your patrimony for peanuts.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Wwwq: 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
Talk is cheap
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Munzy14(m): 8:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
Deception for the gullible minds...

Another Buhari will make 1dollar = 1naira kind of promise.

In 6months time of my office, bokoharam will be cleared...LMAO

Another Mike Ejiagha ferry tales by moon light.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by nastismyles: 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Same old promises we've been hearing before every election. My question is aren't these old men ashamed? You repeat the same thing you promised us 8years ago without fear. In Nigeria at this stage are we supposed to be talking about how to make the educational sector work? Is electricity even supposed to be talked about in anybody's campaign? Yet we have people that follow these same wicked old people that have kept us stagnant. This administration failed us drastically and we'll be bigger fools if we believe the same person that endorsed and canvassed for Buhari thinking he is different. I've never seen hunger to this extent all through my 21years of existence until this administration. Suffer no dey taya those people wey still want vote for this old man?
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by babatunji91185: 8:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
ok you no go dey pay student 1 million Naira monthly also mak dem dey use guide nd hold body.....ok you no go dey pay student 1 million Naira monthly also mak dem dey use guide nd hold body........
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by mokoh(m): 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
He don they talk again
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
Peter Obi has been quoting statistics. What has he to say in his turn.

God guide me to vote for the best. I no dey vote criminal in 2023, so help me God.
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by jkpbestseries: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
CheapHomes1:

he is more advanced that buhari but yet buhari was the best product he could offer nigerians in 2015 cheesy grin make we hear word abeg
There plan was just to scuttle Goodluck
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Epurogonogono(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2022

“President Muhamamdu Buhari has already laid a solid foundation in security, economy, and anti-corruption. We will build upon this for the salvation of our people.

Bullshit and Buhari [size=8pt][/size] !!!!!
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Spizzy1: 6:48am On Jun 10, 2022
Haahaahhahhahha. We can't go back to same deceit any more. Empty lies, empty promise.
Na bubu promised us oh.

Let's be watchful about desperate politicians.

We can't fall deeper into calamity anymore.

"I will continue from where Buhari stopped"
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:34am On Jun 10, 2022
Na today??
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2022
This is the man that thinks..he knows the education sector is terrible..tinubu might have good plans for Nigeria afterall..still don't know why people are against him..but it still would have been better if people had chosen osinbajo..
Re: ‘ASUU Strike’: Bola Tinubu Promises 25% Budgetary Allocation To Education by Banter1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Are you sure you will see tomorrow? Death is inevitable
No one is sure dude. So don't misunderstand me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi’s Movement Shakes Up Nigerian Presidential Race - Financial Times / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke / BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.