Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly (33775 Views)

Anthony Iwejionra Burial: Atiku Releases Statement & Pictures / Atiku Releases ‘Evidence’ Of Election Result From INEC Website / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by americaninja1: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2022
omohayek:
What is this gibberish? Why don't you tell me one area in which government has performed well and run things efficiently? Go ahead, name a single one!

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be suspected a föol than to open it and confirm the fact as you have done with your subliterate blabbering.
I shouldn’t be arguing with you, seems u half educated or not educated atall. I just asked u a simple question? u don’t understand the meaning and concept of privatization. Saying Atiku privatize Mtn. U going off point and contradicting urself now. So u agreed that Atiku selling off govt investment/properties off to his cronies won’t make Nigeria work rather add to naija problem?
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 10, 2022
Hayzed0601:

Pathetic idiot shamelessly following Tinubu who masterminded the killings at lekki toll gate,and it is this same Tinubu that you think will improve the security of the country,come on use your number six.
It is this same Tinubu that is still milking from Lagos State Treasuries even after leaving office.Don't be dumb,nobody is a saint among the candidates, don't just follow blindly.

And jsyk, I'm not Atiku fan neither am I in for Tinubu also,All I want is that whoever emerge as the next president should make this country a better place for it's inhabitants.
Adios

Hateful Mumu, learn to stay on point if your hateful mind will ever allow that. We are talking about security of Nigerian lives and property and this clueless Mumu is talking about a fake Lekki "massacre".

In terms of security and in defence of the credentials of Asiwaju, I need only mention RRS.

Oya show us Atiku's equivalent effort for his terror-ravaged region let alone Nigeria considering he was a whole former VP of our nation. Mumu hater like you.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by NovusHomo(m): 3:03am On Jun 10, 2022
Ventura1:
Capitalist aye, poverty will quadruple with these kind of policy, though not bad, but can't work in Nigeria of today. Nigeria need massive Social spending, especially in the areas of education and health, in order to close the huge poverty gap between the rich and the poor.
The standard of living imbalance among the citizens is high, only the rich will benefit from this policy and the vast majority subservient to them.

He will sell the whole country to himself and other Fulas
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Alwaysachick: 3:13am On Jun 10, 2022
Echoban:

This policy no follow abeg.. I see a rise in cost of products .

More like removing subsidy in every facet..

Do we presently have any subsidized item in Nigeria and ppl are suffering? If you see good agenda, commend it and leave hate. This man is a business man, can't take that away from him
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Echoban: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Alwaysachick:

Do we presently have any subsidized item in Nigeria and ppl are suffering? If you see good agenda, commend it and leave hate. This man is a business man, can't take that away from it.

Sees not to get u. Make us understand how breaking govt monopoly will not make things cost more.

More like privatization of all agency.. nop bro,
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by udeh3(m): 7:24am On Jun 10, 2022
helinues:

As Osinbajo is out of the race, Obi would have been the next choice but LP don't have structure across Nigeria

This is the problem with us. Structure for what? I'm a member of PDP, but will surely vote Peter Obi. Being a member of a political party doesn't transcend into voting pattern.

Register for your PVC and ensure your vote counts. Do you need a structure to cast your vote in this era of digitalization and social consciousness?

You're a structure as you can speak to people on why while Peter Obi is the best candidate amongst the presidential aspirants.

You're a structure
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Alwaysachick: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Echoban:

Sees not to get u. Make us understand how breaking govt monopoly will not make things cost more.

More like privatization of all agency.. nop bro,

If privatization is going to ease Nigeria's problem, so be it!
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Hayzed0601(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2022
candidtalk:

Hateful Mumu, learn to stay on point if your hateful mind will ever allow that. We are talking about security of Nigerian lives and property and this clueless Mumu is talking about a fake Lekki "massacre".

In terms of security and in defence of the credentials of Asiwaju, I need only mention RRS.

Oya show us Atiku's equivalent effort for his terror-ravaged region let alone Nigeria considering he was a whole former VP of our nation. Mumu hater like you.
In bid to support Tinubu as if he is a saint,You reduce yourself to a retard.
I should show you Atiku's equivalent effort for his terror ravaged region?
Now this is where you sound stupid, firstly ask yourself this, Is he the one in power?? is he the Mr.President??
Atiku is a business man like Dangote,Otedola at all(even though he might be corrupt during his time as VP)but who is not corrupt??Your Tinubu is also corrupt and you can't deny that.
Now listen retard,it is the duty of the government to provide security to it's citizen.
And for the record you are the hateful bipolar being here,because of your hate towards Atiku who doesn't even know about you and your family's existence including your generation.

I have told you that I don't support any one of the presidential candidate,Whoever gets in as the president will have my support and I hope the person will steer this country to where it deserve to be.

But you are just foolishly, stupidly and blindly following an aspirant who we all know that he is as corrupt as the rest of his rival.
Man of hate
Hateful retard
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hayzed0601:

In bid to support Tinubu as if he is a saint,You reduce yourself to a retard.
I should show you Atiku's equivalent effort for his terror ravaged region?
Now this is where you sound stupid, firstly ask yourself this, Is he the one in power?? is he the Mr.President??
Atiku is a business man like Dangote,Otedola at all(even though he might be corrupt during his time as VP)but who is not corrupt??Your Tinubu is also corrupt and you can't deny that.
Now listen retard,it is the duty of the government to provide security to it's citizen.
And for the record you are the hateful bipolar being here,because of your hate towards Atiku who doesn't even know about you and your family's existence including your generation.

I have told you that I don't support any one of the presidential candidate,Whoever gets in as the president will have my support and I hope the person will steer this country to where it deserve to be.

But you are just foolishly, stupidly and blindly following an aspirant who we all know that he is as corrupt as the rest of his rival.
Man of hate
Hateful retard

Incoherent rants of a loser.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Basher8583: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kwestionair:

Na u go still come Nairaland come beg for help after your favorite don give you 5k for election

Please check the stats on Nairaland. Na the same igbo scammers dey beg pass.

You guys are full of many vices
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by grandstar(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
americaninja1:
How can Mtn and privatization be in d same sentence. Is Mtn govt owned? Nitel that was govt owned and sold where are they today. Govt only gave others license to operate in Nigeria, they have been in other countries b4 now. With or without obasanjo or Atiku , telecommunications technology would evolve and definitely spread to naija. Just like other private industries. Eg Fintech

It is not as simple as you put it.

Mobile phones have been in Nigeria since the early 1990s. I am from that generation. I was in Unilag then. Sowore was a year my senior.

Only government owned NITEL was allowed to operate a phone network in Nigeria and they introduced mobile phones into Nigeria in the early 1990s. However, the mobile phones were not only costly, roll out was poor. Very few people had them. There were barely 500,000 lines for a 100m people.

By the late 1990s, government had started liberalising the telecom sector. New players started to appear and they provided phones (not mobile). All private operators had to go through NITEL.

More liberalization was definitely needed. Nigerians had begun to grumble that even in Benin Republic next door, women who fried puff puff by the road side had mobile phones. Only the rich then in Nigeria could afford mobile phones.

The further liberalization and licensing of GSM phone operators changed all that. Legislation was needed. The liberalization of the sector made the GSM license auction possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by grandstar(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2022
fashrola:
Ever since Atiku sold his stake at INTELS due to frustration from this evil government.... Onne Port has become an eyesore

I keep asking.... Does it mean Nigerian Government can't take good care of their facilities even when the place is coughing out millions of dollars everyday?

Men!!!!!

Has it? I don't know much
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by americaninja1: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2022
grandstar:

It is not as simple as you put it.

Mobile phones have been in Nigeria since the early 1990s. I am from that generation. I was in Unilag then. Sowore was a year my senior.

Only government owned NITEL was allowed to operate a phone network in Nigeria and they introduced mobile phones into Nigeria in the early 1990s. However, the mobile phones were not only costly, roll out was poor. Very few people had them. There were barely 500,000 lines for a 100m people.

By the late 1990s, government had started liberalising the telecom sector. New players started to appear and they provided phones (not mobile). All private operators had to go through NITEL.

More liberalization was definitely needed. Nigerians had begun to grumble that even in Benin Republic next door, women who fried puff puff by the road side had mobile phones. Only the rich then in Nigeria could afford mobile phones.

The further liberalization and licensing of GSM phone operators changed all that. Legislation was needed. The liberalization of the sector made the GSM license auction possible.

Thanks for this beautiful contribution , still inline with what I was saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Warns USA Against Sanctioning Russia / Presidential Speech: Buhari Is A Big Hypocrite – Omokri / IPOB Splits Again: RE-IPOB Emerges, Sacks Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.