Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly (33761 Views)

Anthony Iwejionra Burial: Atiku Releases Statement & Pictures / Atiku Releases ‘Evidence’ Of Election Result From INEC Website / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by whyman(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/atiku-releases-economic-agenda-vows-to-break-govt-monopoly/%3famp

Is it the way it was done 8n Dubai where he always stayed for 3 quarters of the year.
The ones he sold as VP to private investors, how many of them are working now.
They sack the staff and collapse those companies.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Spain007(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2022

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by omohayek: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
first have we not tried privatiation before did it work perfectly fine am asking??obi has a laydown goals on how to achieve rapid development
You mean like the "failed" privatisation that gave you MTN and the other companies who make it possible for you to post here? And what exactly are these "goals on how to achieve rapid development" which are specific to Peter Obi? What do they involve and how will they be paid for? Atiku has said his piece, Tinubu has made his "25% on education" promise, but what are the concrete steps Obi is promising to make that differentiates him from these two?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
Where are the other “presidentials”?

Can we hear from them? wink

You will hear from them with time but expect whatever they propose to be far better than the crony-capitalism garbage Atiku has now shamelessly proposed as a solution to our myriads of serious and fatalistic problems.

Atkku has no second gear at all. He has been stuck in gear one since 20 years ago and unable to shift gear to adapt to the speed Nigeria requires to make progress.

Horribly divided country with people dying like chickens and lizards yet Atiku cannot minimally touch on a plan to first improve security of lives and property we all know determines the socio-economic fortune of a geographical space. Why talk about mansions without the security to live in a home better even than then the Taj mahal?

Atiku is a joker. His decision to live in Dubai, outside election year in Nigeria, is deliberate and shows he is a privileged and callous elite totally disconnected with the reality of everyday life and challenges of ordinary Nigerians
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by efficiencie(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/atiku-releases-economic-agenda-vows-to-break-govt-monopoly/%3famp

Atikulated fool. After breaking government monopoly you will create private sector monopoly. Why not break the monopoly in cement production? Why not break the oligopoly in telecoms? Idiot is sounding like an economist. If e sure for you promise that you will build refineries and privatize them all to ensure that we attain energy dependence. You can never promise that. Promise the nationalization of all farms and ensure that food is not produced for profit but rather as a matter of national security. Bring down the price of Garri to less than 100 naira per paint, a basket of tomatoes to less than 2000 naira etc. Promise this you fool. Promise that you will setup local security units like Amotekun and allocate funding to them and that they are under the control of regional government blocs only. You cannot promise that. Rather you are making ambiguous statements that could mean anything so that when you get into power you can say "oh I fulfilled all my promises" even when you didn't. Anyone whose hope is on these politicons will chop better suffering.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by KanwuliaExtra: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
candidtalk:

You will hear from them with time but expect whatever they propose to be far better than the crony-capitalism garbage Atiku has now shamelessly proposed as a solution to our myriads of serious and fatalistic problems.

Atkku has no second gear at all. He has been stuck in gear one since 20 years ago and unable to shift gear to adapt to the speed Nigeria requires to make progress.

Horribly divided country with people dying like chickens and lizards yet Atiku cannot minimally touch on a plan to first improve security of lives and property we all know determines the socio-economic fortune of a geographical space. Why talk about mansions without the security to live in a home better even than then the Taj mahal?

Atiku is a joker. His decision to live in Dubai, outside election year in Nigeria, is deliberate and shows he is a privileged and callous elite totally disconnected with the reality of everyday life and challenges of ordinary Nigerians

And what did you expect him to do as a private citizen? undecided
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Tiztonio(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

As Osinbajo is out of the race, Obi would have been the next choice but LP don't have structure across Nigeria
We the people are the structure. We the people gave him the structure during his tenure in anambra state
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by bluefilm: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
InnoBest188:
Ok sir grin
Thank you sir

Me no go vote for another northerner again Shaa

Atiku

Not just a Northerner but also a Cameroonian.

Damn.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by lilfresh96(m): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
saintrow1:

You are foolishly right, atiku knows what he is doing that is why him and obasanjo can not account for the billions of dollars meant for the power sector. They are the reason why your life is in darkness
Atiku and obasanjo turned education to a joke in Nigeria. They were the one that were destroying our universities by owning private university.
How many rail project did atiku started not to talk of finishing
How many airport did atiku repair not to even talk of building new ones
How many hospital did he built

Let me not wait my time
You are just foolishly right

No need for the word "foolish" na

Because everyone here is airing his views,and I don't think it's a crime.

So act otherwise as the bolded, in other for you to be regarded as wise
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by lilfresh96(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
Princemoneyman:

Ozuo!

Ɗan shegiya !!
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Hayzed0601(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
candidtalk:

In as much as you wanted you sound intelligent,you eventually failed woefully and I'm very sure that you didn't read the Agenda or you failed to understand the concept.

Now go back and read where he talked about security

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by pushng: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
����� *100% SATIFICATION GUARANTEE!* ��
Marketing Solutions For Few Business Owner And Online Vendor In Nigeria to Understand your Target Market ,Identify your customers to increase sales,sell More,More Offline and Online .
��
Are You having Issues With Google Ad,Facebook , Instagram or you wish to take advantage of SMS Marketing to trend and reach out to perfect segments in Nigeria?

✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️�
Learn From Basic With Detailed e-Courses (Essential of Marketing, Introduction to Advertising,Ad Psychology,Segmentation targeting and positioning,marketing insights from A to Z 80 concepts every manager needs to know, buyer persona,Geo fencing location based Marketing,search engine marketing ,how to setup Google ad account ,Facebook ad manager account to run a profitable ad on Facebook across Instagram, WhatsApp business catalog Marketing,
Landing page marketing,solution to disabled /restricted issue,re- active your ad account manager Facebook ultimate guide to find profitable customers alternative payment solution to card declined or not verified issues for Nigeria advertiser.and other.
����������️
Did you know that : SMS messages have a *98% Open rate compare to 20% of emails* ,48% of links in text messages are locked vs 2% to if emails and SMS messages have� *209%Higer response rate than phone emails or Facebook..* ����
Are you interested to know more!
����
You need perfect target Market database Contacts
Both business to business and business to consumer leads sms blast !
����
Connect With *Stephen Ayinde*
Founder & Market Intelligence Analyst
At: https://push.com.ng
�️�️�����
For Free Marketing Strategy Call
You'll learn alot after 40 minutes WhatsApp call , containing everything above and below to audit .

We'll give you top line revenue of your digital marketing with few key takeouts to help improve your sales strength away.
Order For All e-Courses Material in single Folder With Fresh Inec 2021/2022 Gsm Phone Numbers database Sorted by streets, Names,Gender,Date of Birth , Occupation ,plus Nigeria elite And Business Contacts From various sectors Like Real estate,schools ,churches, construction, engineering and all work of life up 600,000 Entries For Just Only *N100,000.*
*Limited Slot 48Hours* ..
�����
Or Get Lagos , Ogun,Abuja And Oyo With e-courses folder at Cost of
N65,000..
���️����
Lagos Market Only N50,000.
�����
Abuja Market Only N20,000
��️���
For other Special request call or chat on
https:/2347034641008

Instagram:@campaign.ng
Facebook :airview business School

Regard .
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by subcbouy: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
Break monopoly by buying intels naw yeye people
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by jaxxy(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2022
InnoBest188:

Omor men shocked
You don conclude on my behalf already finish

#PetetObi is the answer
#VoteLabourparty

There is a clause to watch when voting Peter obi. if he has no representation in the Senate and house of rep he can be impeached easily.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by oluwagbenga98327: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
Who will Atiku use as information minister aka lai mohamed Maybe Reno omokri, at least nobody will surprised by his lies Who will Atiku use as information minister aka lai mohamed Maybe Reno omokri, at least nobody will surprised by his lies ...
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by MacANDIES: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2022
helinues:

As Osinbajo is out of the race, Obi would have been the next choice but LP don't have structure across Nigeria

Nigeria and obi doesn't need a structure like pdp and apc to salvage this country
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Tareq1105: 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
He wants to resume selling those critical assets like nnpc Obasanjo stopped him from selling then.

I know he has their lists already, he's just waiting to win before selling to friends and family commence. But God pass you Atiku. God won't get you to loot this country again bcoz we've not survive from the ones you looted before.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Soulsymbol99: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
And from backyard buy the companies abi undecided
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Amalekki: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2022
Osinbajo:
You said, "He is the chairman of the economic council, during his 7 years in office our GDP has fallen." Care to give us the comparative GDP of other countries within the same period? To make your work easier, can you check out those of countries like Brazil, Russia, Mexico, India, South Africa etc? I'm sure those countries don't have Osinbajo as the chairman of their economic council.
Find something else about him, factors impacting GDP in today's global economy render such sweeping conclusion inadequate.

Peter Obi:
I have no argument against Obi's IGR and lack of transparency as mentioned repeatedly by those familiar with Anambra and all the issues of governance that arose after Obiano was sworn-in especially the development that led to Obiano increasing workers salaries by 15% almost immediately. Obi was a chief executive of a state and had the final say.

Atiku:
Atiku was a known influential crook at the custom's service. We know that about his background. We know about Obasanjo calling him a thief, that was Obasanjo's summary of his 8-years stewardship as his vice president. What were his lasting legacies in government? So, I'm waiting for you to examine his records as you stated and let's see if you come out with a better report than his boss.

Tinubu:
I agree that Tinubu has lasting legacies in government which underlines the fact that he can assemble a good team to get things done. He was able to demonstrate such acumen because he was in charge. Osinbajo and Atiku were never in charge, they were deputies to the boss. However, Osinbajo trumps Atiku because his background is not tainted despite people digging everywhere to pin something on him.

Borrowing your words, if you remove the veil of Bias, religion or tribe that blind many of their supporters, behind all the hype and fine speeches, and without pretending to know some magic facts that no one could substantiate, I would rank them in the following order from the best to the worst based on my brief summary above:

1. Osinbajo
2. Tinubu
3. Obi
4. Atiku

casualobserver:

Track records in office. if you remove the veil of Bias, religion or tribe that blind many of their supporters, behind all the hype and fine speeches, you will realise none of them acheived anything in office. I have spoken on this extensively. Osinbajo for instance what does he have to show, he is the chair man of the economic council, during his 7 years in office our GDP has fallen. If you examine Peter Obi as Givernor, during his 2 terms the IGR of Anambra decreased, not decreased over 1 year but in 8 years he couldnt increase the IGR of Amambra instead it decreased. there are more things you can examine, if you examine both men their cinduct over the primaries shows IMHO they both lack integrity. Osinbajo is a pastor by nature they have sweet mouths...you need one to be a pastor. Obi on the other hand is a sales man, you need sweet mouth to be good in sales. Obi is talking of consumption to production has anyone asked him why he never decided to produce any of his items in Nigeria? i can go on and on.

Atiku has a record we can examine, tinubu has a record we can examine. They may be tainted true but who in politics isnt? but they both have lasting legacies from their periods in Govt. They also have wthe political clout to get things done at the national assembly and get them to go along with their ideas, approve budgets, ministers, laws etc. Obi and Osinbajo dont have that political capital!! Obi for instance spent his entire tenure fighting his own HOA, being impeached twice!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Tareq1105: 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
jaxxy:

There is a clause to watch when voting Peter obi. if he has no representation in the Senate and house of rep he can be impeached easily.

You guys are just overrating Peter Obi whereas he's neither an economist nor an accountant. I heard he studied sociology then he worked in Fidelity Bank. He's only good at fake statistical data from far away places like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, etc I don't know how much of that he implemented in Anambra State as governor bcoz Anambra is not yet Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by walefresh3(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
Peter obi has sound policy than all of them we just need our brothers Yoruba and hausas plus everyone just everyone to support him we can't do this alone we need everyone massive support from north,south,east,west.please drop religion,drop tribe drop every old pain or abuse from anybody and support peter obi

I love what u just type... Nice one from u
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by jaxxy(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2022
Tareq1105:

You guys are just overrating Peter Obi whereas he's neither an economist nor an accountant. I heard he studied sociology then he worked in Fidelity Bank. He's only good at fake statistical data from far away places like China, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, etc I don't know how much of that he implemented in Anambra State as governor bcoz Anambra is not yet Dubai.

i equally agree with u to an extent thsts why i told sm1 I want to go throw Peter obi's profile to know his pedigree then decide cos I don't follow bandwagons bt I will admit his has a massive following that's growing by the day.
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by kolaaderin: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Cyriloha(m): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hayzed0601:

What are you saying oga,be coherent.
Proof read before pressing submit

We still don't need your APC or PDP
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by casualobserver: 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
Amalekki:
Osinbajo:
You said, "He is the chairman of the economic council, during his 7 years in office our GDP has fallen." Care to give us the comparative GDP of other countries within the same period? To make your work easier, can you check out those of countries like Brazil, Russia, Mexico, India, South Africa etc? I'm sure those countries don't have Osinbajo as the chairman of their economic council.
Find something else about him, factors impacting GDP in today's global economy render such sweeping conclusion inadequate.

Peter Obi:
I have no argument against Obi's IGR and lack of transparency as mentioned repeatedly by those familiar with Anambra and all the issues of governance that arose after Obiano was sworn-in especially the development that led to Obiano increasing workers salaries by 15% almost immediately. Obi was a chief executive of a state and had the final say.

Atiku:
Atiku was a known influential crook at the custom's service. We know that about his background. We know about Obasanjo calling him a thief, that was Obasanjo's summary of his 8-years stewardship as his vice president. What were his lasting legacies in government? So, I'm waiting for you to examine his records as you stated and let's see if you come out with a better report than his boss.

Tinubu:
I agree that Tinubu has lasting legacies in government which underlines the fact that he can assemble a good team to get things done. He was able to demonstrate such acumen because he was in charge. Osinbajo and Atiku were never in charge, they were deputies to the boss. However, Osinbajo trumps Atiku because his background is not tainted despite people digging everywhere to pin something on him.

Borrowing your words, if you remove the veil of Bias, religion or tribe that blind many of their supporters, behind all the hype and fine speeches, and without pretending to know some magic facts that no one could substantiate, I would rank them in the following order from the best to the worst based on my brief summary above:

1. Osinbajo
2. Tinubu
3. Obi
4. Atiku

Having checked the GDP of Brazil and Russia (i didnt bother with the rest) I take on your point about GDP of Nigeria and I will desist from bring that up as an argument. there however is still no basis to rank Osinbajo higher than Tinubu as you yourself admit, he has no performance record, this is not the time to test a rookie, someone who has never handled an economy, a business or any management role succesfully . if you are a lawyer or a pastor, your mouth must sweet, thats different from results out of a court room or church. Osinbajo has no business being top of that list if truly you adhered to the criteria. Anyway it is a moot point at this stage because he is out of the race so i wont dwell on it.

I wont dwell on peter Obi since you are not contesting my assertions that he is a lot of hot air.

As far as Atiku, Let me say !st OBJ is in no position to call anyone a crook. I know at close quarters the financial state of OBJ even before he was incarcerated and brought out to become president. I dont disagree that Atiku is dodgy (I am no fan of Atiku, all I said he will still be a better manager of the economy than Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Oplomo: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2022
President Atiku Abubukar (GCFR)

Commander-in-chief of the Armed forces.

You all should start getting used to that. cool

1 Like

Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Kwestionair: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
Abu06:
Our incoming president..

On your mandate we stand!

Aboki Southern Nigeria no sabi that mandate o
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Oplomo: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
Kwestionair:

Aboki Southern SW Nigeria no sabi that mandate o
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Kwestionair: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
StUriah:
Ibo people are too tribalistic and not considerate. They will never accommodate people of other regions to breathe once they grab hold of power. More reasons why they don't allow other tribes to buy expanse of lands in their states or hometowns. Yet, they come to Lagos, Lekki and other regions to want to dominate their hosts.

If Ironsi had allowed the Federal system of government that had existed before he took over power in 1966 to subsist and not imposing the unitary system wherein most of his Ibo brothers were promoted in the military and civil service at the detriment of tribes, there wouldn't have been civil war and no one would be championing restructuring today.

Ibo people thinks Obi's political movement is for only the Ibos, and not for the general good of other tribes. By so doing, they are provoking other regions against their own kinsmen who I have come to realize that he is the best candidate we all can vote for at the moment.

Ibos should exercise caution in their provocative attitudes otherwise the presidency which they aspired to get would be a mere fantasy.

I rest my case.

Have you tried to buy land in Awka, Enugu, owerri, asaba, port harcourt, ebonyi, calabar, akwa ibom and igbos said no before?
Be sincere to yourself because if I check very well ehn, an Igbo man might be your employer and he treats you very well but you just want to talk.
It’s alright
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by uksim: 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
shuttox:

Another way of syphoning public structure and agencies to himself...
Him and obasanjo did it last time and sold all govt own agency to themselves on a very cheap rate and they now become lord...
Re: Atiku Releases Economic Agenda, Vows To Break Govt Monopoly by Basher8583: 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
lilfresh96:
Me i go Vote Atiku come 2023

Economically wise this man knows what he is doing, hence what Nigeria needs with the current state of the economy

I'm Atikulated

He has once been tested as a foner VP. From his pedigree, can you trace any of these traits to him?

If yes mention what traits you traced to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nasiru Idris Wins Kebbi Governorship Election / Peter Obi In Abuja For Labour Party Retreat / Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.