Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary (26894 Views)

Moghalu Reacts To Nanono & Mamman's Sack As Ministers / Dino Melaye Reacts To His Defeat At Kogi Rerun, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Dottormentor: 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Which obi? Obikerenke or obinnta, where North dey obi no get mouth, he can only rule Biafra, coz obi and his cohorts told us Nigeria is a Zoo and he wants to be president of Nigeria, my boy it can't work ok
iCauseTrouble:
Mr. Man, stop complaining. Go and support Peter Obi if you have something to offer
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by GoodGovernance: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
If you ask me, na who I go ask...? grin
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
subsidywise18:

Who is in the same shoes as he is...the candidate of a small third party.

I don't like Tinubu or Atiku. But Obi cannot win on Labour party platform. At best he would end up like Buhari, when he left ANPP to form his new party CPC and still lost in 2011.

Plus even if Obi wins, he would face a National Assembly of hostile APC and PDP members in the majoirity. And if he allies with one or the other, he would be forced to compromise.

I am not telling you not to vote for LP. But if you want Obi to be the change, then you either mobilize people to vote LP at state and LG level, and at National Assembly level...or forget it.

We fight, and not bow to evil cabals. Evil succeeds when good people decide to do nothing. Do your best and leave the rest to God.

If voting the right choice is what you can do to help make a change, do it. Stop working with the defeatist mentality.

If we are to change the state of this nation, we must start from somewhere.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by SirWarlock: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Petdagr8t:
Kingsley Moghalu should just move his political train to Obi's camp and become Obi-Ligated.
with the help of DNA Ligase wink cheesy.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by azpekuliar: 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Amalekki:

Read my comment again, you are just a part of the collective. If the collective want or deserve a Peter Obi, they will get Peter Obi. You have seen that with him and PDP.

Mbok, I am not part of the collective. grin

I did not chop money. It is work, I worked.

Give me Peter Obi, I have been OBIdient all my life.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by emerged01(m): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Is that not better to get a good person on the sit that they masses will be incentivised to fight against than support someone you are sure will do all within his power to cripple the nation?
It is better to unite and be strong to demand for a change of system,then elect a good person who will make it work as Sowore once said.
It is a pity when he(Sowore( realised that he couldn't people to do that he joined the system,thinking he can change the system if he joins. Look at where he is to,middle of nowhere.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Amalekki: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Mbok, I am not part of the collective. grin

I did not chop money. Is work, I worked.

Give me Peter Obi, I have been OBIdient all my life.
You are still missing a very simple point. From your comments, you are a Nigerian, you are already a part of the collective. It is not a choice, it is a factual reality grin

"We keep thinking we are smarter than reality. The age old maxim that "every nation gets the government it deserves" is the reality that many don't accept because they fail to understand the context. A people is not limited to just the good, the scrupulous, the forthright, it encompasses all and whatever you throw forward in terms of leadership across all levels reflects 'an aggregate' of your real values as a people."

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by oodua1stson: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
You and the people you abuse are the same.

2 Likes

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
emerged01:

It is better to unite and be strong to demand for a change of system,then elect a good person who will make it work as Sowore once said.
It is a pity when he(Sowore( realised that he couldn't people to do that he joined the system,thinking he can change the system if he joins. Look at where he is to,middle of nowhere.

We do not give up. We keep fighting.

Effort releases its reward when we refuse to quit. All struggles will lead us to a better Nigeria. We are seeing so much consciousness in the youths. We are seeing many people waking up. Who would have expected such a movement against SARS?

Sowore, Peter Obi, Pat Utomi, Fela Durotoye, and co. are all paying the price for our better tomorrow. Same with those fighting for Peter Obi and better Leadership.

If we are going to change this country, it is step by step.

For now, people who think Peter Obi is the right choice, owe their conscience the duty to vote him. No need for flimsy excuses or they are part of the problem.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by emerged01(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
subsidywise18:

Go and run for office then. Be the change. Don't support Tinubu.
Bro,we need to the demand for a good system before any change can occur. A good system will give room for a change but a bad system wont.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

We fight, and not bow to evil cabals. Evil succeeds when good people decide to do nothing. Do your best and leave the rest to God.

If voting the right choice is what you can do to help make a change, do it. Stop working with the defeatist mentality.

If we are to change the state of this nation, we must start from somewhere.

Oga, you are looking at someone who has voted for thrid parties since 2003 . NCP, then YPP , now looking for a new small party after my guy Moghalu lost his primary.

The honest truth...and I say this as someone who feels angry and sad that Atiku and Tinubu are the best APC and PDP can bring up.(and Obi is still part of the old PDP tree, despite his defection...which is another reason why I cannot support him..APC and PDP pols have damaged this country, regardless of party)..is that Nigerians will cry about APC and PDP and then on election day...they go and vote for APC and PDP.(I know...I have told some people to vote out APC and PDP, and they look at me as if I am telling them funny tales. I even mentioned that I vote for other parties...they look at me as if I am the village clown.)

If you want Obi to win, then you guys have to do far more than you are doing. All this online stuff does not cut it. Labour party needs to do more than presidency...they need states and seats in the national assembly. It is that simple.

Or you want Obi to end up like Balarabe of old Kaduna state. Who became governor in 1979 on the platform of PRP and had to face a hostile NPN dominated state assembly that eventually impeached him in 1981.?

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
emerged01:

Bro,we need to the demand for a good system before any change can occur. A good system will give room for a change but a bad system wont.

Go and run for office and change the system.

Or is it Tinubu that will change the system? Tinubu that is part of the system?

You go wait tire.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Aarenaija: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
The middle class dont get into politics. The larger percentage of the poeple actively involved are the lower class which cannot differentiate left from right and can easily be influenced by peanuts. The few enlightened and smart one among them can read their minds and therefore becomes the winners in the polls as they know how to buy them.

It is high time everyone start getting involved else the lowest of the society will continue to determine the rulers..........which in most cases turns out that the dumbest rule over the most clever..........
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by macrodata(m): 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
PussyMiners:
Baba don chop breakfast. E remain Peter Obi grin
You will continue wailing for 8 years.

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by emerged01(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
subsidywise18:

Go and run for office and change the system.

Or is it Tinubu that will change the system? Tinubu that is part of the system?

You go wait tire.
All I can say is ok bro. I pray that God opens our eyes to see the damages these people have caused and they are not ready to let go off the grip.

Na massive movement against the govt and makes demand to witness drastic change,else we go dey wait for every 4yrs to make a change.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
emerged01:

All I can say is ok bro. I pray that God opens our eyes to see the damages these people have caused and they are not ready to let go off the grip.

Na massive movement against the govt and makes demand to witness drastic change,else we go dey wait for every 4yrs to make a change.

Lead the movement. Supporting Tinubu means you don't want change yourself...
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by zuto4u(m): 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
Exactly! After selling their destinies, they will come to your dm and be begging for financial aid. Now, some of us are begging everyone to join hands together and vote Peter Obi into power for the betterment of all of us but tribalism and religious sentiments will not allow some of our youths to do the right thing. Believe me, if we get it wrong this time around, then the country is doomed.
whizzler:
Later we say our leaders are our problems forgetting our roles in causing the problems
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by harmony75: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
It's all of the above you're not money miss road like tinubu and atiku the party delegates will not vote for you.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by AdeniyiA(m): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
whizzler:
Later we say our leaders are our problems forgetting our roles in causing the problems
No you are not getting it, it's still a leadership problem. It's like blaming a driver who had an accident as a result of a big pothole in the middle of the road. The head is very important in any society to provide leadership. Now tell me, who brought the bribe to the people? Both of them are guilty but the leaders take the bigger guilt.

All activities of the body are controlled by the brain, these activities are done the way they're transmitted from the brain
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
subsidywise18:

Oga, you are looking at someone who has voted for thrid parties since 2003 . NCP, then YPP , now looking for a new small party after my guy Moghalu lost his primary.

The honest truth...and I say this as someone who feels angry and sad that Atiku and Tinubu are the best APC and PDP can bring up.(and Obi is still part of the old PDP tree, despite his defection...which is another reason why I cannot support him..APC and PDP pols have damaged this country, regardless of party)..is that Nigerians will cry about APC and PDP and then on election day...they go and vote for APC and PDP.(I know...I have told some people to vote out APC and PDP, and they look at me as if I am telling them funny tales. I even mentioned that I vote for other parties...they look at me as if I am the village clown.)

If you want Obi to win, then you guys have to do far more than you are doing. All this online stuff does not cut it. Labour party needs to do more than presidency...they need states and seats in the national assembly. It is that simple.

Or you want Obi to end up like Balarabe of old Kaduna state. Who became governor in 1979 on the platform of PRP and had to face a hostile NPN dominated state assembly that eventually impeached him in 1981.?

Many people are doing lots offline for Peter Obi. There have been donations, cash and properties. There are voluteers and it is building. However, we know we can not match the Big parties in political structure.

But, I have no doubt that we can match them with a mass movement. Power really belongs to the people and we can make a difference if we pull our weight for Obi.

If we vote for him in mass, and the politicians know any political gymnastics will lead to a mass movement against them.

Finally, I do not think this election is about proving that Labour Party is a force but us making a statement. We have marched, we have protested, now we can vote. We just need to keep preaching to people around us. That is can lead to an organic growth stronger than political structures.

I know in recent days how many people I have explained some of the agendas of Peter Obi and they were shocked.

One question I asked a grassroot politician is that, do we not want a self-sufficient North that does not depend on the Niger Delta?

For now, the best many can do is to vote their conscience and forget about the politics.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Tareq1105: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Mr. Man, stop complaining. Go and support Peter Obi if you have something to offer

You guys are just overrating Peter Obi. He's not even an economist or accountant but a sociologist. He cannot stand Tinubu in a national debate. Overrated bcoz of fake statistical data from China, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, etc

I don't know how a man that has never won any election in Anambra since he left office would now win Nigeria general election.

2 Likes

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Svoboda(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2022
Muoghalu is a low stock politician with an exaggerated opinion about his political value.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by micflo28(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
As long as Tinubu is a contender, results will be rewritten and rigging will be massive in his favor. Use a permanent ink and write this so that when the day comes, I will remind you of this.
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by Cmanforall: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
noble71:
Good people produce good leaders while corrupt people produce corrupt leaders. Poverty of the mind is the greatest poverty ever!
There's a point in what he said

I mean those collecting 5k or 25k dollar or bribes are not 'poor' in the Nigerian context. They can feed themselves 3 times a day, and probably have good shelter. The mindset of Nigerians need to change fir a better country.

1 Like

Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by lereinter(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
iCauseTrouble:

Is obi more influential than him

Obi just knew he wants to be president of nigeria in 2022 and election is 2023

Moghalu has been involved since 2019

If you are not an apc disguise use your brain
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by MetaPhysical: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
.Too many scams & scammers in Nigerian politics.Whether it is poverty, or a collapse of values, one is not sure. Not sure because some of the scammers are people who are not exactly begging for food, but have depraved mindsets that worship money. Is poverty then really the cause?

The two bolds are keywords in Moghalu's statement.

I wonder if he would make this statement if he had won. It seems when people win they are immuned to the social problems. They only acknowledge there is problem when they loose.

I have few questions for Dr Moghalu, or anyone here in the house.

1. How do we fix "collapse of values"?

2. Whose values have collapsed in Nigeria, Yoruba values, Igbo values or Hausa/Fulani values?

3. Does Nigeria have identifiable values? If it does what are they?
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
whizzler:

You be delegate?
Re: Is Poverty Really The Cause?: Moghalu Reacts To Defeat At ADC Primary by sulaak(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kingsley Moghalu might have the best qualification in the world, but his failure to understand the Nigerian political terrain is very disappointing, he wants to be the president of one of the most corrupt and poorest countries in the world by campaigning for 6 months.

The man is not serious about politics. Tinubu, Atiku, and Buhari are full-time politicians, who are in daily contact with the movers and shakers in Nigerian politics, they might be very corrupt and inept, but they understand the Nigerian terrain.

https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/events/the-political-economy-of-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Coming Realignment In Yorubaland - By Femi Fani-kayode / Bomb Explosion At University Of Maiduguri Mosque / APC Wins Tinubu's Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.