Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40929 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
Are Christians going to compensate him for the votes he will lose in the North from a Muslim Christian ticket? The answer is no because the Christian vote is already split between APC, PDP and Labour. No person who was going to vote Atiku or Obi is going to vote APC because he gave his VP slot to Christian. That leaves the APC Christians who are mainly from the SW. most don’t care and those that do and will vote someone else are not large enough to offset the loss of Muslim votes in the North.

It’s not rocket science

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Eriokanmi: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Muslims are majority in NC and SW? Okay Tinubu should run on a Muslim-muslim ticket let's put this argument to rest
Simple. He will cry, should he make such a mistake grin

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by misano(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

That's good.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by dochenaj: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
If a Muslim/Muslim ticket is guaranteed to transform Nigeria for the better, I wouldn't want it any different.

But we know that's not a guarantee.

Meanwhile CAN should focus on voting in the candidate that best represent their ideology and not wasting their time with telling political parties what to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

Meaning in the north, you care less about Christians but will vote a Muslim over a Christian?

That's bigotry of the highest order

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Opolopoopolonio: 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

Northern christians make up at least 35% of the north's population

6 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Makowonda: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
To hell with religion!All we need is a better Nigeria.I'm not saying I'm for or against Tinubu,but I hate it when the religion card is brought up.Our mumu never do us?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Cyberterror: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
For the first time in a long while, Nigerians have a realistic opportunity to restructure the country with Tinubu. Everyone knows he is a strong and vocal advocate of restructuring. He commands the respect and trust of key northern leaders without whom restructuring cannot happen. So if a muslim-muslim ticket is what it will take to see him in power, so be it! Nigerians irrespective of religious leaning will be glad he was president when he is through.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
casualobserver:
Are Christians going to compensate him for the votes he will lose in the North from a Muslim Christian ticket? The answer is no because the Christian vote is already split between APC, PDP and Labour. No person who was going to vote Atiku or Obi is going to vote APC because he gave his VP slot to Christian. That leaves the APC Christians who are mainly from the SW. most don’t care and those that do and will vote someone else are not large enough to offset the loss of Muslim votes in the North.

It’s not rocket science
This simple means the northern Muslims don't regard northern Christians.

They can't allow Christians that are Northerners to lead them in NE and NW.

Bigotry if the highest order

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by YeyeGbami: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku

Remove SE.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Fortruth: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket

CAN has failed Blacks in the Nigger Area. If they wanted change they would have done so many things different, but from Bishop Koker to Redeemed, they are enjoying sitting and dining with the devils….

Only Mbaka and a few are talking the truth while the rest are enjoying being on interviews and attending gala nights.

Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by WibusJaga: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
The best option for Jagaban now is to give his life to Christ & become a born-again Christian. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Magnanimity of muslims?

This one is mad and he has no one to tell him.

You and your CIA factbook should come and make the Nigerian Presidency your birthright make we see na.

Nama!

8 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Jesuson: 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
I wish Peter Obi that won this pdp presidential ticket.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by realestate99: 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
aumeehn:

Point of Correction, Your VP not Our VP.
Ganduje that lost his Home base Kano to Kwankwaso and Shekarau. Lol please you guys need a little bit of traveling. The Northern Christians and Muslims can deliver 70% to Atiku, SS Is already in the Bag and SE is no go area for Tinubu. Even with Obi PDP can get atleast 40%.
Tinubu don't have a chance, remember it's his first time contesting, he will know what a presidential race mean in 2023.
Professor!!! Clap for yourself, you did more analysis than this before Apc primaries, how did it end? Are you people not tired of loosing? Why are you obsessed with loosing? I have never seen where adults expend time and energy on a futile endeavor like people from the East of the Niger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Makowonda:
To hell with religion!All we need is a better Nigeria.I'm not saying I'm for or against Tinubu,but I hate it when the religion card is brought up.Our mumu never do us?
This is hypocrisy.

Northerners are bigots

1. A woman can't lead
2. For A Christian who's also a northerner like them, it would be difficult for such person to lead.

Something is wrong with them.

No wonder Buhari could not support Amaechi, Umahi or PYO

8 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by sematec(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
then its better to divide the country before we all plunge ourselves into avoidable crisis if not war.
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

Northern christians make up at least 35% of the north's population

Lol, which north? Let's even concede that.

Suppose all xtians in the north vote for muslim/Xtian ticket and all muslims go for muslim/muslim, u have 65% to 35%. What of the south?
Suppose all SE and SS go for Pdps muslim/xtian and SW and NC go for Muslim/Muslim. Can the SS and SE xtians make a president?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ebbo(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

U dey mind them my brother. They just want Tinubu to lose the election by running with a Christian Northern minority. Fragile peace kee CAN there.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tingotoe: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
So Awolowo actually thought he could win without northern votes in 1983 abi? Kikikiki grin

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by DavSagacity(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Muric abi mumuni or what are they called...
They'll not see anything wrong in a Muslim -Muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Megabig: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Remove SE.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by nuland(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

Why will a Muslim/Muslim ticket not work in Apc? Are xtians more than the muslims in the NW, NE, NC and SW? I concede they are in the SE and SS.
NW is predominantly Muslim, NE is Majority Muslim(say 60--40). NC is just too close tocall. Only Niger and Kwara are Majority Muslim states.
SW with Lagos isn't a Majority Muslim region.

7 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

Meaning in the north, you care less about Christians but will vote a Muslim over a Christian?

That's bigotry of the highest order

Do the southern xtians care more about muslims?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by flipboss(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Let me see how he can buy Northern votes when Atiku is there, the hungry ones in the north is waiting for Atiku little convincing and dollars… Tinubu doesn’t stand a chance buddy unless he get massive votes from SS and SE. The north is 70% for Atiku
This is a useless analysis devoid of normal physiological cues.
I'm a northerner, and even the northern Muslims are fed up with Buhari. Everybody is!
Northerners will still vote for Tinubu. Atiku doesn't own the hearts of the people as most of you think.
So just shut the Bleep up with this your stupid analysis.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ThankGodFriday(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
Megabig:

Tinubu is the next president of Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by auwal83(m): 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
This free advice from CAN "of worms" is not necessary. Neither is it needed. This CAN lacks the expertise and competence to advise politicians. It is total bullshit of advice.
Please leave our politicians alone. They have advisors on their payroll who do that job.
The truth is that CAN fears that the so-called Muslim-Muslim ticket will succeed. Otherwise they should have no cause to appear in such stupid manner to pretend to be preaching peace and unity.
Nonsense!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by SHINJA: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Most people in the South don't know the huge population of Christians in the north ...

Shey Una say southwest Muslims dey different from northern Muslims...

Just see werin southwest Muslims dey plan cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by ransomed: 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Islamization is real. I rather support Biafra and Oduduwa .
Field the Jihadists and watch how Obi cruises home in victory.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by SHINJA: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
auwal83:
This free advice from CAN "of worms" is not necessary. Neither is it needed. This CAN lacks the expertise and competence to advise politicians. It is total bullshit of advice.
Please leave our politicians alone. They have advisors on their payroll who do that job.
The truth is that CAN fears that the so-called Muslim-Muslim ticket will succeed. Otherwise they should have no cause to appear in such stupid manner to pretend to be preaching peace and unity.
Nonsense!

Bloody head slamming terrorist...

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by naija4life247: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thinkam:
grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy

If he does, he will win. And you will only cry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Late Umaru Yaradua's Brother, Abdulaziz Rocks Tinubu's Logo (Photos) / Battle Of Party Headties, Who Wore It Better / Amaechi Counters Wike’s Looting Claim, Releases Government House Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.