Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass (34357 Views)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi / 2023: Miracle Is At The Root Of Our Faith, Peter Obi Replies Atiku / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
The Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said that the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has lost his moral compass.

Tinubu stated this in a statement issued by his Media aide, Mr. Tunde Rahman.

He said Atiku in his desperate attempt to win the election by stoking religious bias reduced himself to uttering baseless lies during his exclusive interview with Arise TV.

Tinubu said: “We are saddened to see such a man become unhinged from the truth. So obsessed is he with his quest for office, Atiku is willing to render any form of untruth if he thinks it might gain him a single vote. Atiku may want to be president. However, all he has shown is that he is pathological,”

“Whatever moral compass he had has been lost. During a 22 July television interview, Atiku assaulted historic truth by lying that he did not name Tinubu as his running mate in 2007 on the Action Congress ticket because Atiku did not want a Muslim as his running mate.”

Responding to the false account of Atiku, Tinubu set the record straight, saying the former Vice President Atiku was not among those who founded the Action Congress.

He added: “It was the actual founders of the AC who offered the party’s flag to Atiku because of the need to fight the authoritarian designs then President Obasanjo and the PDP had on Nigeria’s democracy.

“At that moment, Atiku had been unceremoniously pushed aside if not out of the PDP by Obasanjo. We needed to rally all forces to confront the one-party state Obasanjo had in mind. Atiku was simply a beneficiary of this collective duty to fight the attack on multi-party democracy the PDP had launched.

“I feel sorry for dear old Atiku. Love of his own ambition has eclipsed his relationship with the truth and an honest account of the past. We formed the AC without his knowledge. When President Obasanjo virtually exiled him from the PDP, we lent him our support by giving him the AC platform for the 2007 election.

“Let me say openly that Atiku offered me the vice presidential ticket in 2007. Let me also say that my religion has not changed. When he offered the position to me, I was a Muslim and I believe he was aware of my religious faith at the time.”

Tinubu noted that Atiku’s calculations and deceit had nothing to do with religion or his sensitivity to it, adding that his conduct has everything to do with what they discovered about his paucity of character and love of intrigue.

He said: “True to form, Atiku, fifteen years later, promised HE Governor Nyesom Wike the same thing this electoral season and similarly reneged. Governor Wike is a Christian.

“When it comes to intrigue, we can say that Atiku is without bias. He will attempt to lie and deceive both Christian and Muslim with equal vigour.

“Atiku has no business raising the issue of a Muslim-Muslim ticket except as a hypocrite. Perhaps he believes people have forgotten his antics during the 1993 election. After he woefully lost his bid to be the presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party, what did he do? He canvassed and lobbied harder than anyone to become the running mate to late Chief MKO Abiola. When it benefitted him personally, Atiku did not see anything wrong with Muslim-Muslim ticket. He saw everything right in such a ticket as long as he was on it.

“Now, Atiku criticizes my selection as running mate based on religion. He does so because he cannot criticize it on other grounds. If Atiku were to have one of his rare moments of honesty, he would admit that the person I selected as my running mate is more qualified for the position than the man who joined him. And this conclusion has nothing to do with religious faith. It has everything to do with competence, experience, ability, and vision.”

“My running mate and I are here to build a more just and prosperous society for all Nigerians, be they Christian, Muslim or adherents of other faiths. It seems that Atiku is here trying to build an edifice of lies and call that the house into which Nigerians should walk and reside. He will fail in this sad attempt to trick an entire nation.

“Let me restate my position on religion and politics. When I decided that Senator Shettima was the best selection as my running mate, I listened to and weighed in serious balance the advice received from a broad and representative array of wonderful Nigerians who deeply care about this nation and the path it must go.

“Some people counselled that I should select a Christian to garner support of the Christian community. Some said I should select a Muslim for a similar reason. I clearly could not do both. Both positions had merit and right on their side. But neither position expressed what was most right and needed for the moment in which we find ourselves and the nation.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/23/tinubu-replies-atiku-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-says-former-vp-has-lost-moral-compass/

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by PresidObi: 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Let them entertain us more.

209 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Felimax(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
His jagabanship has spoken!

Cardinal Tinubu please lower the mic.

309 Likes 59 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Treasure17(m): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2022
See who is talking about moral compass as if he has any moral justification to discuss ethics of morality. His utterances lately buttress the fact that Tinubu lack any form of decency and decorum.

538 Likes 74 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Cantonese: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wait o.

A simple remark by Atiku has drawn such lengthy response from BAT. How would BAT had responded if Atiku had made a lengthier comment?

330 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by seunmsg(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
“Atiku has no business raising the issue of a Muslim-Muslim ticket except as a hypocrite. Perhaps he believes people have forgotten his antics during the 1993 election. After he woefully lost his bid to be the presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party, what did he do? He canvassed and lobbied harder than anyone to become the running mate to late Chief MKO Abiola. When it benefitted him personally, Atiku did not see anything wrong with Muslim-Muslim ticket. He saw everything right in such a ticket as long as he was on it.

Atiku should have respected himself by not taking a position on the Muslim-Muslim ticket controversy considering his antecedent. A dubious character like him who wanted to become MKO Abiola’s running mate should have known better than badmouthing the Tinubu/Shettima ticket.

356 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by GamalNasser: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
Everyone knows who the supporter of Muslim Muslim ticket is

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by DOTian: 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
Shameless Old men fighting like toddlers for power..
The military class of 1966 that has held this country down for over half a century now, are dying off and all they want to do is to hand power over to some equally corrupt lackeys from the civilian political elite. The idea is to ensure that the roaring engine of kleptomania will continue to run unabated. Tinupoo and Atiku, represent the worst of the worst of Nigerias political elite. They are part of the problem and can never be part of the solution.

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by God1000(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
You yourself have no moral compass Mr Tinubu

Tinubu's entire life revolves around lies

350 Likes 82 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by WibusJaga: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2022

For sure, None of these 2 mega thieves would have emerged from the primaries if secret balloting was implemented, which would have effectively eliminated the massive bribery/buying of delegates.
The primaries just ended up being for the highest bidder/bribe-giver, all at the expense of more competent candidates.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Passionate888: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Two fighting.
One pissy pissy for body and both looters

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Igboslayer: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Perfect answers… obituary people check the picture below and avoid quoting…the last time one Zoogerian quoted me, he left nairaland hurriedly with the level of vawulence he received.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Tetrahedron: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu go an dye

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by tayolove12(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
PresidObi:
Let them entertain us more.

More film

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Austino50: 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Atiku Atiku Akitu, how many times did I call you? if you love yourself better go back to your country Cameron or better still, go back to your Dubai oo Nigerians are wiser now oo, old format wont work again oo, you know power should come to the south and you hijacked the PDP ticket so that power should remain with Fulani for another 8 years abi

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by salbis(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu should just pick up the challenge thrown to him by Atiku to sit for an hour and grant interview. Atiku's punch was below the belt.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Eaglenimi: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Atikunubu all na the same , Obedient we know

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Untainted007: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
For those shouting Muslim -Muslim or Christian -Christian ticket are only blind to the fact that most of these people we see as politicians are into one secret cult or the other. They will be at their occultic meetings and be laughing at us shouting Muslim or Christian ticket. What religion is doing to Africans ehn, it has been used to tear us apart since time immemorial. Karl Marx said "religion is opium of the masses". Vote personality and leave religion out even some traditionalists are far better than some of our so called pastors and Imams.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by kenedy175(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Both of them are selfish and greedy old men.

If not for selfish interests, why a Muslim/Muslim ticket??

So there's no competent northern Christian to choose?

Abeg they should just shift one side with their lies and deceit.

Meanwhile, when will Tinubu accept the invitation for an interview?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by kenedy175(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2022
Obi right now

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by posty56: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
pot calling kettle black , you went to hire fake bishop out desperation to show your solidarity with Christianity , instead that shows you have no value for us and our faith and take us for fools , anybody wey vote tinubu it will not be well with that person

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
bng
Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by MartinsD12(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/23/tinubu-replies-atiku-on-muslim-muslim-ticket-says-former-vp-has-lost-moral-compass/
grin grin agbado cassava man let the valuwence and comedy Begin, we are about to be entertained, funny see who is talking of morals.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by agnio: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Make all of una go church tomorrow make we rest. Your pastors are waiting for offering & tithe.
Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by ClassicMan202(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
Vvv
Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by kennyz247(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
agwado and casava republic presidor
ds man fit die before 2023 with ds hm desperation ooooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by seunayantokun(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
But does Tinubu have any?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass by Splitmind: 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu all the way, go for the votes of real Nigerians and don't bow to useless wailers because you want to appear fair.

18 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Meets President-elect Tinubu On Trade, Diplomatic Relations With Nigeria / Governor Suntai Arrives In Abuja / Ishaku's 800 Anti-Open Grazing Marshals Undergoing Training In Taraba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.