Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 (40923 Views)

PFN Rejects Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says It Stands By CAN's Decision / Tinubu Replies Atiku On Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says He Has Lost His Moral Compass / Prophet Iginla Warns Against Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket, Says A Sign Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by OriOko88(m): 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
funshint:
CAN should consider the religious tolerance level of each region before raising issues that can unnecessarily overheat the polity. Please they should just speak for theirselves. Besides this thing is a case by case thing o.
Talking from both sides of ya mouth.. O gbiyanju.. Continue the muslim Muslim Gospel.. grin

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Gwan2(m): 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

This simple means the northern Muslims don't regard northern Christians.

They can't allow Christians that are Northerners to lead them in NE and NW.

Bigotry if the highest order

If you hear North say, the slot is for northerners...they only mean northern moslems. Using Northerners is just euphemism.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Arielle: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu would lose even his SW base should he go ahead and field a Muslim-muslim ticket.

You people in APC should have thought beyond his $$$ before giving him the ticket.You have been scammed.Tinubu has been set up to fail
They're too daft to realise. Blinded by greed and arrogance, they walked right into the trap.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by casualobserver: 10:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
ebbo:

Big shock of their life awaits them anyway, I know definitely they will claim that the election was rigged as usual if it didn't go their way.

Exactly, They are too naive to realize they are helping Apc by removing the SE vote from
Atiku. We continue to encourage them to be obidient. They were never going to vote for APC anyway.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
ebbo:

Which Anambra state is that one? In what year was that and in which year election? Did she win any primary and secondary elections?
Have comprehension abeg.

A woman was sworn in as Governor in Anambra State. Do you want to bet?

Understand the use of English.

Was she sworn in as Governor? Yes, she was. Did she operate as the number one citizen of Anambra State? Yes she did.

Show me one Northern state this has happened

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by rippa(m): 10:44pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Political parties care about a winning combination.

As a northerner, I know something for sure;

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

You are baby i swear. Maybe u just started following politics and u also just started supporting APC.
Something that couldn't work in 2015 will now work in 2023.
I pity u. That was how tinubu wanted to become VP desperately to Buhari but was advised to drop his ambition because a Muslim/Muslim ticket won't work. He now went to go pick Osinbajo. Tinubu desperation is what will destroyed APC. The north wanted us to make a mistake so they can continue ruling us. Osinbajo would have been an easy victory for APC.
Now it's Atiku or Obi

3 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Newton2024: 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
powerfulguy:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-can-rejects-muslim-muslim-presidential-ticket
NO to Tinubu's muzlim/muzlim ticket. I say NO to foolanisation and islamisation of Nlgeria. Nlgeria belong to Christ.

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by OriOko88(m): 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

If Tinubu chooses a xtian as his VP he stands not a BAT in hell's chance of becoming Nigeria's president.

So the northern Muslims who constitute the biggest voting bloc in Nigeria will siddon look the minorities whose combined voting power is nowhere near theirs to rule over them?

Only with a Muslim Muslim ticket does the Apc stands a chance, otherwise they should as well quit the race even before it started. Reason?

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see).

You northerners with ur Flipant exageration..always claiming d majority when it comes to election period to intimidate others. You said christians should not even occupy any top position because they re minority rt.. But a muslim from d north,Buhari contested three times,despite winning d majority muslim votes from d north and still lost,until he allign with d Christian south bfore we won.

Also don't forget..d same muslim northerner contested twice with christians and still lost. So lemme round up by saying,you're deluded in grandeur of ignorance undecided

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
dochenaj:
If a Muslim/Muslim ticket is guaranteed to transform Nigeria for the better, I wouldn't want it any different.

But we know that's not a guarantee.

Meanwhile CAN should focus on voting in the candidate that best represent their ideology and not wasting their time with telling political parties what to do.
Shut up there. CAN shouldn't tell them what to do so that you Muslims would be emboldened to be killing Christians at will over petty excuse by having Muslim-Muslim leadership in Aso Rock. Hypocrite.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

Cause you simply can't argue against facts.

I asked you to show me any Muslim between 1999 to 2022 that has been killed for saying Jesus is not the son of God, and that Jesus is a mere slave/prophet of God. Christians say Jesus is God, but you Muslim counter Christians

But if a Christian dare say this in Kano about your prophet, we would see videos of that Christian being killed for Blasphemy. That's how backward you guys are

It is not muslims who say "Jesus is not the son of God". It is ur bible who calls him "the son of man". Jesus himself says "my father is greater than I". Tell me how greater than becomes equal by any rule of math, mumu!

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Jackbaur88: 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

Which of the North Central are the Muslims the majority. Muslims are never the majority in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi and the FcLCT with the exception of Niger state.

Let's go to the North East, States like Taraba has majority Christians, Gombe has up to 40% Christians, Adamawa is 45 to 50% Christian population, Borno has up to probably 20 to 30% Christian population.
We say no to a Muslim Muslim ticket.

On Peter Obi mandate we stand.
We are the Middle Belt and we are voting for Peter OBI, the Rock.

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
davodyguy:

We need divine intervention in this country.

Two major problems
Northerners and Northern Muslims.
Sad.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tomek09:

Shameless hypocrite.

What a "love" u show me for airing my opinion!

"Religion of love"
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Powerfly(f): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

The muslims are the majority in the NW, NE, NC and SW(for SW do the math state by state). The only area where Christians predominate are SE and SS. In fact, if not for the magnanimity of Muslims in Nigeria, a xtian can never be Nigeria's president! Yes, you heard me right because the muslims are the majority in this country even according to the CIA factbook (Google it and see)

Then if after this election...nothing good comes out... I'll fully support the disintegration of this unlawful and partial union.
It's even better for Muslims and northerner's to go and rule themselves...so that the tussle will become lighter.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Interesting2023: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
[quote author=Thinkam post=113676304] grin, Tinubu na coconut head, he no dey hear word.

He's the greatest politician in the universe, Greater than Buhari, Greater than Gej, Greater than Onu...

He will pick a Muslim and still win grin

Christians are minorities and docile, hence It's left to Muslims to take charge and do what they like to the country grin cheesy[/quote

Smelling submission
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Jackbaur88: 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
[quote author=Jackbaur88 post=113684370][/quote]
Which of the North Central are the Muslims the majority. Muslims are never the majority in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi and the FcLCT with the exception of Niger state.

Let's go to the North East, States like Taraba has majority Christians, Gombe has up to 40% Christians, Adamawa is 45 to 50% Christian population, Borno has up to probably 20 to 30% Christian population.

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tareq1105: 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
grin no need for CAN to give fools unnecessary warnings. Their arrogance will bring about their downfall.

I don't care about religion. Tinubu can use Muslim Muslim ticket provided he knows how to manage it. Abiola managed it well and he won.

It's all about perception. Tinubu is not a fanatics. His wife is a Deaconess in RCCG, and some of his children are married to christians. MKO Abiola managed it and I expect Tinubu to manage it.

Tinubu would need one of the Muslim governors in the North to win. Not a Christian governor or any woman. I expect him to understand the dynamic of the North. He should carry CAN along and it would work for him as it worked for MKO Abiola then.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:
This is puerile!

ha,by now ur head suppose don commot for ur neck ooo.d way Dem go attack u ehn?
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Like it or not Tinubu has been set up to fail
The northern governors pushing him are all doing it for greed Gandollar nd hell rufai grin
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Jackbaur88: 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Which of the North Central are the Muslims the majority? Muslims are never the majority in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi and the FCT with the exception of Niger state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Aboki99(m): 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Gwan2:

What's this guy saying...such audacity

I cannot dispute the fact that political parties need winning combination to sell or lauder their image, but you forgot that ethnic and indigenous Christians have a very sizeable population is most of those Northern states you mentioned,,,yes..forget political census or beer parlour gist based on birth rate or all those crap.

About whether muslims or christians are the majority in Nigeria is very debatable, it is always speculative findings. When was factual based census conducted to segregate demographics?

Speculative ki, fact ni. What's the average rate of fertility I'm the south and North?

Westernization has affected u ppl.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Greenback: 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu simply brought trouble to this country!!
The equation have been,Muslim north and schristian south.

He started by orchestrating rascality at the house of representatives when he spearheaded the emergence of tambowal as speaker I stead of the akande woman whose region was zoned the speakership.
After that, others took advantage and in buhari's first tenure,we had a northerner as president,a northerner as senate president and a northerner as speaker of the house!!!
Again for the first time since 1999,there was no single Igbo at the helms of affairs at the presidency,the senate and House of representatives save for ekweremadu who was sarakis deputy.
Right now,there are no Igbos even up to the service chiefs.
The north is represented at the presidency,the senate and House of representatives and the so called sophisticated southerners especially the yorubas are comfortable cos they have cornered certain positions. They forget tomorrow is another day.

Now buhari is a moslem and will complete his tenure next year and pave way for equity,a southern Christian but tinubu who is a moslem and good in rascality and trouble making, have hijacked everything and is even considering running on a M/M ticket!!!!!

God is watching you all.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by benardtotti(m): 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

We are talking about Apc and the possibility of a muslim/muslim ticket.

Almost all northerners will indeed vote Atiku en bloc if Apc goes Muslim/Xtian.

Yes, the first criteria for northern muslims is religion. Both Tinubu and Atiku pass this test.

Then don't forget the second consideration is region.
With a Tinubu/Christian ticket, the norther muslims will rather go for Atiku. Blood is thicker than water.

So how did Jonathan win in 2011 and beat both Atiku and Buhari ? 2 heavyweight Muslims? Pls explain

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
SARSCoV2:

You know politics!

Tinubu has no option than to pick a Muslim .
Let him try it then.
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

It is not muslims who say "Jesus is not the son of God". It is ur bible who calls him "the son of man". Jesus himself says "my father is greater than I". Tell me how greater than becomes equal by any rule of math, mumu!
Do you now believe that Jesus is the son of God since you quoted a part in the Bible where Jesus described himself as son of God?

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by dochenaj: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tomek09:

Shut up there. CAN shouldn't tell them what to do so that you Muslims would be emboldened to be killing Christians at will over petty excuse by having Muslim-Muslim leadership in Aso Rock. Hypocrite.
I'm not even a Muslim dude.

But CAN should realize saying things like this doesn't change anything and wouldn't influence APC's decision.

The truth is that if APC doesn't field a Muslim as VP, they may never even come close to being runner up in the next year elections. So it is in their best interest to field a Muslim/Muslim ticket and funny enough Tinubu doesn't see anything wrong with that, considering he wanted to run as Buhari's vice in 2015.

All CAN can do is ask their members to boycott the APC if they field a Muslim/Muslim ticket.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by davodyguy: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2022
Greenback:
Tinubu simply brought trouble to this country!!
The equation have been,Muslim north and schristian south.

He started by orchestrating rascality at the house of representatives when he spearheaded the emergence of tambowal as speaker I stead of the akande woman whose region was zoned the speakership.
After that, others took advantage and in buhari's first tenure,we had a northerner as president,a northerner as senate president and a northerner as speaker of the house!!!
Again for the first time since 1999,there was no single Igbo at the helms of affairs at the presidency,the senate and House of representatives save for ekweremadu who was sarakis deputy.
Right now,there are no Igbos even up to the service chiefs.
The north is represented at the presidency,the senate and House of representatives and the so called sophisticated southerners especially the yorubas are comfortable cos they have cornered certain positions. They forget tomorrow is another day.

Now buhari is a moslem and will complete his tenure next year and pave way for equity,a southern Christian but tinubu who is a moslem and good in rascality and trouble making, have hijacked everything and is even considering running on a M/M ticket!!!!!

God is watching you all.
If he's not greedy, he should have stepped down for either Rotimi or PYO.

But as Seun said, Buhari himself is a bigot and would never want to handover to a Non Muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Gwan2(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Aboki99:

Speculative ki, fact ni. What's the average rate of fertility I'm the south and North?

Westernization has affected u ppl.

I knew it and said it in my post….beer parlour gist of birth rate…did you bother to consider mortality rate as well, specifically considering the the very poor standard of living associated with north?

Forget, Nigeria actual population is based on speculative estimations.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by DrAkpa(m): 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2022
funshint:
CAN should consider the religious tolerance level of each region before raising issues that can unnecessarily overheat the polity. Please they should just speak for theirselves. Besides this thing is a case by case thing o.

Pls STFU
Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by Tomek09(m): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
casualobserver:

They are all excited about Peter Obi, all of them are in the south. The majority of the Obi fans are in Lagos and the SE they forget that you need to get 25% in 24 states. I wish them good luck with that.
If only Igbos/SS in other States in Nigeria will vote, getting 25% for Obi won't be an issue. Obi has 10 million votes in his pocket as we speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by egunna(m): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
aumeehn:

Oh Ganduje didn't lost his Home base?
This shows that you are just a following Kano politics online. Do you know who Shekarau and Kwankwaso are in Kano Politics? I

I won't say much, why because you guys are deluded and think that Nigeria is just the SW.
Allah ya barmu da rai da Lafiya Ameen.

Still waiting to see how a Muslim Muslim ticket will fly. Hahahaha these guys thought that Northerners are just fools and religious bigots.

Northerners vote base on two reasons
Religion and Regionalism.

A Southern Muslim don't have the same Clout as a Northern Muslim
No Northerner will vote for a VP position while giving up a presidential position of a Muslim and also a Northerner.

The odds are against the Drug Baron!
This is 2023 not 1993 besides did Abiola smell Aso Rock? No! The Election was annuled.

Just waiting to see how a Muslim/Muslim candidates will present themselves to Northern states with lots of Christian, The likes of Plateau Nasarawa Niger Benue Taraba Adamawa. And also convince the predominantly Muslim NW to give up Presidency and Settle for VP.

The Northern Governor's just chop and clean mouth. Atiku will be declared winner before 2pm. grin grin grin
so u think the average northerner sees atiku as a Muslim worth fighting over?atiku has bad blood in the north.he is an elites candidate.he is not so much into islam and the northerners know this.a Muslim Muslim will fly higher Dan u think.elrufai did it in Kaduna even with all the noise u guys made,where we dey today?kd na Muslim Muslim.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Muslim/Muslim Presidential Ticket. Says This Is Not 1993 by 2loadedguy: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2022
olamoses75:
you mean Christians are minority in sw States like Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti, even Lagos?
U are not getting it do u. Yoruba don't vote on religious lines, what is paramount to us is is he a yorubaman if yes then let him do it.
Mark this down today, Atiku or obi will not score up to 30% votes in yoruba land and that include kwara and kogi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? / Taraba Senator Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan Wins APC Governorship Flag (picture) / Rivers Government SUV "Stolen", Abandoned In Abuja Plaza (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.