Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) (30474 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Akeredolu’s Family In Ibadan / Tinubu Commissions Ondo Revenue Office Complex Constructed By Akeredolu (photos) / New Truck Assembly Plant In Ondo Commences - Governor Akeredolu (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by mighty2: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
OWO TERROR ATTACK WAS A MESSAGE TO US-SOYINKA

•A dagger Has Been Drawn To Our Hearts-Gov Akeredolu

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN, on Friday received Nobel laureate and renowned playwright, Prof. Wole Soyinka in his office, Alagbaka, Akure.

Prof. Soyinka was at the Governor’s office on a condolence visit over the terror attack in Owo, last Sunday.

He described the terror attack as a message, adding that “We are dealing with people who are obsessed with domination; it is in their blood, it is in their Creed, their psyche that they need to dominate.”

The Nobel laureate noted that the attack was on Governor Akeredolu who has been showing leadership in terms of internal liberation.

“He was targeted and there is no question about that. It was not an accident, and it is passing a massage to the rest of us. That is why I'm here. I want the Governor to know that we have received the message. We understand it and we came to sympathize with him that he was selected as a medium of that message.

“So, the answer we must give to the message we all received is that we are not slaves. Here, on our own soil, having had the experience of century of disdain, contempt about us as black poeple. Again some characters come along calling themselves whatever, ISWAP, Boko Haram. So, all those groups including those who are just opportunists - the herdsmen, they are making a mistake. I want the Governor to realize they are making a mistake.

“I have been on this issue for quite some times. This invasion has been on and these herdsmen are all over the forests. At a time we thought it was Boko Haram, we didn't know that Fulani herdsmen were capitalising on the fundamentalist insurgency and brutality.

“And that is why we see a nexus of operation between ISWAP, Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen.They work singularly, individually and they work collectively. I Know Ondo State has always been at the forefront of awareness.” Prof. Soyinka said.

Governor Akeredolu appreciated the Nobel laureate for the condolence visit, saying that the state will remain hugely indebted to him.

“It is a cause that he has dedicated his life to, and I thank God for his life. The state wants to appreciate you for finding time to come at this hours of grieve.

“This is like a dagger drawn to our heart, and it is an assault on our psyche. The psyche of those of us in the South-West and Western Region.

“I think they think they can create some fears in us but they made a mistake because this will make us more fierce in our condemnation of their actions. And we are not hiding it.” Governor Akeredolu said.

Richard Olatunde
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Ondo State.
June 10, 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Dc85xrckALrh3XXqgPPxbYrjSSxXjMjgPAunRgyFHoM1cov65AwjeZnhyZFcXj2al&id=100044230756186&_rdr

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2022
Exactly what I've been saying since. Yorubas are under siege from the people they regards as friends but didn't know that they are the enemies

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by sweetonugbu: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Heartless people

2 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by limeta(f): 1:29am On Jun 11, 2022
Same way i don't understand homos is the same way i don't understand the relationship between yorubas and fulanis .

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by wallarwallar(m): 2:07am On Jun 11, 2022
After d statement what will happen? Nothing as usual. Make all dis old men park well joor

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:34am On Jun 11, 2022
Funny it's only BMC îmbeciles and Tinubu urchins who have been pining this attack on every other group but the main culprits cool

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Karlovych: 2:40am On Jun 11, 2022
embarassed Dear Soyinka,

Don't forget that Yoruba and Fulani are one, the history of Ilorin is a clear evidence of that.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Yoruba glory is in the making of Yoruba Nation.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 11, 2022
You have no say sir,
you are one of the few public figure that brought this useless and blood sucking goverment into power.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Oshodipikin: 5:19am On Jun 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Oshodipikin: 5:20am On Jun 11, 2022
And we heard loud and clear. Our response with be swift and ruthless. Let Jagaban come to power next year by God's grace.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by RepoMan007: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2022
I always knew it had something to do with anti open grazing. Akeredolu has been so vocal, it couldn't have gone any other way. To confirm my suspicion, look at how fast Buhari was quick to pronounce "eternal sorrow" on the perpetrators. If it was an attack on Fulanis or Hausa's in one eastern State, will he have said that even with just a quarter of Owo massacre casualty?

5 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Ribodo6577(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2022
cry
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by BigBrother9ja: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2022
lipsrsealed angry
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by oyeb15: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
Yoruba leaders are known to bark and hide. Colonial masters call westerners cowards and Fulani uneducated but valiant people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by southsouthking(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
A clear message
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Nairalandar: 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
All is well
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by SegunBABA007(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2022
9 Greatest BANK ROBBERY in Nigeria that surprised the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5BeyCC3IU
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Highways: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
For how long will you continue receiving message alert, Sir... Don't you think it's time to reply them in a language that they will understand or you are scared of the Masters

1 Like

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Obviously
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by nony43(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
These guys are out to Islamize Nigeria. Imagine having Buhari a Muslim, Tinubu a Muslim and Atiku a Muslim. The international community will view Nigeria as a Muslim country. Vote wisely.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Crixxx: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2022
Dear soyinka. The yorubas will prefer to remain cowards than to admit it. They will prefer to all move to an IDP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by simplesocial: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2022
Lol. Politicians politricking.

Nothing new here

4 Likes

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by criminalmindz: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2022
Muslim Muslim ticket was the price afonja paid to emerge as party flag bearer. Odibanjo was very right fo contest. Sambisa is approaching the south west ,lolz
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by stano2(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2022
Sad
Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by xeratek: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owo Massacre: Soyinka Visits Akeredolu (Photos) by Bfly: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2022
Wole Soyinka having the best of an old age.

What a grace.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Ayade and Dave Umahi visit Wike Today in Port Harcourt / Japa: UK Universities Battle Financial Shortage As Foreign Students From Nigeria / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.