Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,780 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:09 AM

No Christian Is Untouchable - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Christian Is Untouchable (830 Views)

Signs a Christian is Attending Dead Or Dying Churches / As A Christian Is It Possible To Practice First Fruit In This Harsh Economy / Five Reasons Why No Christian Should Commit Sucide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
michaelwestern:
1. For your first point, check the king James version, it's the closest to the original greek manuscript. You can also check the original greek words. A saved person is a new creature. And this change occurs in a man's spirit.

2. I don't get your second point. Are you saying that reading the Bible does not help you grow as a Christian? Check 1peter2:2

3. Lastly, you can speak in tongues anytime you want, I'm currently speaking in tongues as I'm typing. Try it, and you will see that you can also do it anytime.
1. Here's the lowdown, if you have to limit the truth of what you claim to a single language, you should already know from that that what you claim is instead a lie. This is Logic and Reasoning 101 for you. undecided

Also, Paul, in 2 Corinthians 5 vs 17 wasn't speaking there of a saved person as he instead said that of a person who is in Jesus Christ. And you keep harping on a change in spirit but you don't even seem to understand what spirit is there for let alone its purpose in the mix, why? undecided

2. The Pharisees and Sadducees studied scripture probably more than you have so far. Did that cause them the kind of growth you keep insisting reading your Bible will? undecided

What Peter said has nothing to do with reading of your Bible so stop trying to pin your claim on Peter. You are the one here who believes your Bible causes you to grow and I am asking you how? undecided

3. If the spirit in you is controlled by you, then it is you. I more interested in learning the details behind your claim that it grows you when Jesus Christ, the one who supposedly gave you the ability to speak in a new language, never in fact said it was meant for your growth. undecided
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Dtruthspeaker: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
michaelwestern:

It's just a simple question. From your own perspective.
Since you got born again;

Have you ever committed any sin?

It is not my place to mark my own script It is others who must judge me.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by michaelwestern(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is not my place to mark my own script It is others who must judge me.

I don't like all these hide and seek. You're even afraid to call yourself righteous after all the boast you make on the concept of getting saved by individual acts of righteousness.

Perfect love casteth out fear. I can say it confidently.

I am righteous.

Why?

Because I'm the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by michaelwestern(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's the lowdown, if you have to limit the truth of what you claim to a single language, you should already know from that that what you claim is instead a lie. This is Logic and Reasoning 101 for you. undecided

Also, Paul, in 2 Corinthians 5 vs 17 wasn't speaking there of a saved person as he instead said that of a person who is in Jesus Christ. And you keep harping on a change in spirit but you don't even seem to understand what spirit is there for let alone its purpose in the mix, why? undecided

2. The Pharisees and Sadducees studied scripture probably more than you have so far. Did that cause them the kind of growth you keep insisting reading your Bible will? undecided

What Peter said has nothing to do with reading of your Bible so stop trying to pin your claim on Peter. You are the one here who believes your Bible causes you to grow and I am asking you how? undecided

3. If the spirit in you is controlled by you, then it is you. I more interested in learning the details behind your claim that it grows you when Jesus Christ, the one who supposedly gave you the ability to speak in a new language, never in fact said it was meant for your growth. undecided

1. The Bible was written originally written in Hebrew and Greek. The King James Version is the closest direct translation because it doesn't try to explain the scriptures, it just translates it directly. Other versions try to give their own understanding of the words which can be wrong and are therefore less reliable.

2. Having a head knowledge of the Bible is different from having a revelational knowledge of the Word of God. The words in Bible only become the word of God, when you have a revelational knowledge of them. Speaking in tongues also helps with this, i can't fully explain how though. But you can simply ask God to reveal His word to you whenever you want to read the Bible. And meditate regularly on scriptures.

3. what do you think the benefit of speaking in tongues is?
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by michaelwestern(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
[s][/s]
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sorry, what? shocked

Have you ever actually spent time reading through the teachings of Jesus Christ at all. I ask because most every claim you make does not reveal you as one who has every ready done so. undecided

Nicodemus asked a question of Jesus Christ to which Jesus Christ responded that except a man be born-again, He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, the same Kingdom of God that Jesus Christ explained one can gain access to through either of two gates - the broad gate or the narrow gate - John 3 vs 1 - 8 and Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 Why do you think it ought to matter if nobody was born-again until after Jesus Christ died? undecided

2. But that is exactly the point. There is no old creature since it is still you in the same body you were born with and the mind you had to become born again with. Instead, what is new of you is that you are born of water and of Spirit and now gifted with Eternal life under a new Law and Land.. undecided

3. Here's a question at this point. What do you understand righteousness to be all about abeg? You keep throwing that word around as though it fits everywhere you throw it when it absolutely doesn't, not according the one who is standard as far as righteousness is concerned. undecided

4. Jesus Christ did not die for your sins. Instead, He died for the sins of the Old Covenant Jews who He came to call away from following the Old Covenant to following Him instead. He told you this clearly even when He said He was sent to the Lost sheep of Israel aka the sinners in the world at the time. undecided

5. So everywhere even Satan and demon and evil men are quoted in your Bible,it is all Jesus Christ, the one who you are instead told is God's Truth? undecided

Is God a liar then? undecided

1. Jesus was speaking prophetically about what will happen after His death

2. How do you get born of the Spirit.

3. Righteousness means right standing with God without any condemnation. Jesus Christ already died for our sins and we now have the righteousness of Jesus Christ (he was sinless throughout his time on earth).

4. This is weird

5. Every word in the Bible was inspired by God.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
michaelwestern:

1. The Bible was written originally written in Hebrew and Greek. The King James Version is the closest direct translation because it doesn't try to explain the scriptures, it just translates it directly. Other versions try to give their own understanding of the words which can be wrong and are therefore less reliable.

2. Having a head knowledge of the Bible is different from having a revelational knowledge of the Word of God. The words in Bible only become the word of God, when you have a revelational knowledge of them.

3. Speaking in tongues also helps with this, i can't fully explain how though. But you can simply ask God to reveal His word to you whenever you want to read the Bible. And meditate regularly on scriptures.

4. what do you think the benefit of speaking in tongues is?
1. First, who told you this about the King James version of your Bible? undecided

2. So it is no longer about reading your Bible then but instead about having this, what you call revelational knowledge? OK. How does one get this revelational knowledge you now say is necessary for growth? undecided

3. Speaking in tongues gives you revelational knowledge of what is written in your Bible? Where does this idea come from?? undecided

You do realize that so much of the claims you make conflict with that presented in scripture, particularly that spoken of by God and Jesus Christ. So why does it continue to see your revelational understanding is continually antiChrist?, undecided

4. Benefit of speaking in tongues? What I know is the hijacking of me by the Spirit inside,and all that singing and speaking isn't for my glory. undecided
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
michaelwestern:

1. Jesus was speaking prophetically about what will happen after His death

2. How do you get born of the Spirit.

3. Righteousness means right standing with God without any condemnation. Jesus Christ already died for our sins and we now have the righteousness of Jesus Christ (he was sinless throughout his time on earth).

4. This is weird

5. Every word in the Bible was inspired by God.
1. Where did Jesus Christ tell you or suggest this? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, being born of Spirit takes place as a part of the born-again process - John 3 vs 1 - 21 explains what one needs to do in order for that to then happen. According to God in Ezekiel 36 vs 25 -26, He is the one who installs the new Spirit inside of one. undecided

3. Jesus Christ lived His life in submission to God's Old Covenant Law and standard, the Constitution of the Nation of Israel given by God to only those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins. That righteousness which He earned by that standard which is of this world, how were you able to convert it so you, a Gentile, can use it in place of the righteousness you were meant to earn in the Kingdom of God? undecided

4. It is only weird because you don't seem to understand much of what even Paul was saying in his letters. The primary audience of all Paul's letters were Jewish believers and there is a major reason for this which many, including don't seem to be aware of. undecided

5. According to Genesis, the knowledge of good and evil belongs to God meaning all knowledge found in every book, not simply that contained in your Bible, mind etc., is inspired by God. So, let's not even start the whole about inspiration at all. undecided

My question is whether every word of Satan and demon and evil men, as quoted in your Bible, is all Jesus Christ, hence God's Truth? Are we to conclude God a liar then? undecided
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by kingxsamz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2022
If you go on Twitter, you'll realize that many Christians believe in Juju and traditional practices more than their Jesus. They feel it's more effective. The "god of iron" (Ogun) received so many accolades from Christians when false news broke out that juju was used to lure Owo killers back to the church to surrender.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
kingxsamz:
If you go on Twitter, you'll realize that many Christians believe in Juju and traditional practices more than their Jesus. They feel it's more effective. The "god of iron" (Ogun) received so many accolades from Christians when false news broke out that juju was used to lure Owo killers back to the church to surrender.
Did that really happen? undecided
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by kingxsamz(m): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did that really happen? undecided

The part about the "false news" or the part where Christians praised juju?
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by michaelwestern(m): 6:17am On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. First, who told you this about the King James version of your Bible? undecided

2. So it is no longer about reading your Bible then but instead about having this, what you call revelational knowledge? OK. How does one get this revelational knowledge you now say is necessary for growth? undecided

3. Speaking in tongues gives you revelational knowledge of what is written in your Bible? Where does this idea come from?? undecided

You do realize that so much of the claims you make conflict with that presented in scripture, particularly that spoken of by God and Jesus Christ. So why does it continue to see your revelational understanding is continually antiChrist?, undecided

4. Benefit of speaking in tongues? What I know is the hijacking of me by the Spirit inside,and all that singing and speaking isn't for my glory. undecided

The Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, you cannot therefore understand the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit, you will go into error. Speaking in tongues is the Holy Spirit praying through you, so there's a connection.

Learn more about speaking in tongues.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Dtruthspeaker: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2022
michaelwestern:

I don't like all these hide and seek. You're even afraid to call yourself righteous after all the boast you make on the concept of getting saved by individual acts of righteousness.

Perfect love casteth out fear. I can say it confidently.

I am righteous.

Why?

Because I'm the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

You obviously have not heard it is Written John 5:31
"if I testify of myself, then my testimony is not True".

Proverbs 27:2
Let another man praise thee, not thy own mouth; A stranger, and not thy own lips.

Therefore, it is sufficient to you that you do not accuse me of any unrighteousness.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by orisa37: 9:25am On Jun 12, 2022
TURNING TO BABALAWO MAY BE AN ANOINTING.
JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS WAS PERSECUTED TOO.
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO ARE PERSECUTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE FOR THEIRS IS THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
Re: No Christian Is Untouchable by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
michaelwestern:
■ The Bible was written by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, you cannot therefore understand the Bible without the help of the Holy Spirit, you will go into error. Speaking in tongues is the Holy Spirit praying through you, so there's a connection.

Learn more about speaking in tongues.
1. This tale you lot have taken to telling yourselves, where in scripture does it come from? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life Is Spiritual / Seth Is The Fourth Son Of Abraham / When Did Yahweh Becomes The God Of The Entire World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.