Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (51165 Views)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / These Wizkid Songs Were Hit But Were So Underrated / What Are Your Top 5 Most Favorite Romantic Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Satan01(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
shocked
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by DSC7: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
Only Erriga is Underrated in that list ..

PRAIZ dey sing wetin i no dey understand. .

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by juman(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2022
That WANDE COAL is real coal.
He is black like sudanese.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by dstar01(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
So if this ur list is for underrated artistes then what about Johnny Drille, Ric Hassani, Arya Start?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
In terms of punchlines, give it to ERIGGA abeg... The guy na learned street, one man southsouth Taliban squad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Triangles1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How consistent do you want this artist to be? I think you are just countering without proper understanding.
the op is right with his list, I for one knows kizz daniel has always been underated.
He should be ranked with wizkid, davido since 2018 if not more than.
Who gives the most quality party jam tracks all through this year's?
Asking when was the last time PRAIZ released a song is so absurd, you should be asking how long as PRAIZ been in the game.
PRAIZ was there before wizkid came to limelight..try and read to understand the op view, rather than countering for cheap likes unnecessarily.
Nobody cares about the number of collabos an artist made in his entire career, we all know this wiao full this our music industry.

You have a point.
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Iretii0511(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
See Vawulence effeiwia. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Hannover(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ladipoe is so underated
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by oyeb15: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
They are where they supposed to be
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
Some of the artists here are either not consistent or not underrated.
It's just unfortunate that Erigga raps in pidgin English and not Yoruba which is the official language of the industry.

Kizz Daniel isn't underrated, he's at the level he should be. More collabos with other top artists would help cement his position. If he let it slide, then he slides too.

You're so correct about ERIGGA.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
You mean A-list artist like Wande coal and Kiss Daniel is underrated
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by GodPrince: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
In the list I don't know anyone except paper boy with the street flows. The ones I think are underrated are King Kong Shank, Jesse Jagz, Vector, Godbone, Nice, Skales, Corizo. All dope AF 9ja rappers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by bewla(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Anny505:
Brymo, Vector and Ladipoe should be on your list too man, especially Brymo, man is fuvking underrated cry
GT the guitar man
And this black guy with thick voice that rap and sing to

Black gold or what's is name

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Hushbingo: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by JooEeL(m): 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by oyeb15: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Timaya is the only underated artiste in Nigeria. The rest are where they supposed to be

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Reality3080: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How consistent do you want this artist to be? I think you are just countering without proper understanding.
the op is right with his list, I for one knows kizz daniel has always been underated.
He should be ranked with wizkid, davido since 2018 if not more than.
Who gives the most quality party jam tracks all through this year's?
Asking when was the last time PRAIZ released a song is so absurd, you should be asking how long as PRAIZ been in the game.
PRAIZ was there before wizkid came to limelight..try and read to understand the op view, rather than countering for cheap likes unnecessarily.
Nobody cares about the number of collabos an artist made in his entire career, we all know this wiao full this our music industry.
it’s not how far but how well

No b by number of years spent in industry but d hits,consistency,endorsement,recognition n co

Erriga is only know in d south south n that’s d reality,during my service year u only hear erriga from south south guys n till today I don’t even know any of his songs I only see some of his quotes people use as status on WhatsApp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by remsonik(f): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Oga o
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Etinosa1234:
Erigga is the most underrated musician in Nigeria... The guy lines too good Abeg... And he's highly regarded in the south South..

In fact, here in the south south, Erigga is 5 times bigger than olamide

Na Yoruba tax just help olamide...

I don't really like/listen to rap but I really regard erigga because he dey sing wetin local man dey relate with..

When I dey Lagos, I nor hear erigga sound one day, but the moment I reach Benin.. Omooo.. Eribaba..

That period wey him release motivation nko??

The way west get olamide and east get phyno, na so south get erigga

I think this explains it better. ERIGGA Na legend abeg

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
The rest are underated except wande coal.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Voldoz: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
Etinosa1234:
Erigga is the most underrated musician in Nigeria... The guy lines too good Abeg... And he's highly regarded in the south South..

In fact, here in the south south, Erigga is 5 times bigger than olamide

Na Yoruba tax just help olamide...

I don't really like/listen to rap but I really regard erigga because he dey sing wetin local man dey relate with..

When I dey Lagos, I nor hear erigga sound one day, but the moment I reach Benin.. Omooo.. Eribaba..

That period wey him release motivation nko??

The way west get olamide and east get phyno, na so south get erigga

Bro you feel am

Erigga na bomb just that the industry na mumu industry.

Erigga lyrics go give you voltage ⚡

11 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
I always weep for praiz, chike and johnny drille.... Jd especially doesn't deserve to be in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Bfly: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
This guys ain't underrated. That praiz guy is new to me though. All others are superstars in their own ways abeg
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Voldoz: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Reality3080:
it’s not how far but how well

No b by number of years spent in industry but d hits,consistency,endorsement,recognition n co

Erriga is only know in d south south n that’s d reality,during my service year u only hear erriga from south south guys n till today I don’t even know any of his songs I only see some of his quotes people use as status on WhatsApp

But las las you know Eribaba it's not about the song bro na the message.

I rather hear Erigga song than to listen to yansh, whine, trash words with no meaning.

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by PericomaNwankwo: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You're so stupid for thinking I countered for cheap likes and to think that you haven't made any good points against my opinions makes it even worse.

You rate artists by their consistency in dropping good songs. If Tuface had stopped singing after African Queen or didn't release great songs consistently, he'd not be rated as highly as he is today. You could as well rate 2shots higher than Olamide because he dropped a hit single in the early 2000s!!! How foolish would that be?!

If Michael Jackson had relaxed after his thriller album, he wouldn't be rated as highly as he is. How many albums did the Beatles have? Would you rate Style Plus as highly as you rate Psquare because of Olufunmi single? But Psquare kept on churning out hits after hits!

Like I said, in Nigeria, for you to be rated in the level with Wizkid and Davido, you need many collabos even if you're not releasing singles as often as the others. That's the way it is. Some people will put Mayorkun ahead of Adekunle Gold because he's got a body of work that's so great, both his and collabos with other artists and he just surfaced about 6/7 years ago.

You have a point but try not to insult people.

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Voldoz:

Bro you feel am

Erigga na bomb just that the industry na mumu industry.

Erigga lyrics go give you voltage ⚡
Erigga na for touts and cultists ❌❌

5 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Reality3080: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Voldoz:

I rather hear Erigga song than to listen to yansh, whine, trash words with no meaning.
ok
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Akanaz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
Where did you put Brymo? To me, he is the most underrated musician in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Voldoz:

Erigga no dey under better management if him dey signed to all this big record labels him face for show since

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Pearlyakin(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
You didn't put Seyi vibes, the guy sings meaningful music mhen.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Simi is very underrated. She should top that list. Fine voice, great music, and yet not where she should be.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hannover:
Ladipoe is so underated
Who tell you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.