Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (51190 Views)

Top 5 Most Selfless Nigeria Musicians By King0g / These Wizkid Songs Were Hit But Were So Underrated / What Are Your Top 5 Most Favorite Romantic Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
DSC7:
Only Erriga is Underrated in that list ..

PRAIZ dey sing wetin i no dey understand. .
Becos u like yansh and ogogoro music

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Chukwuemeka007(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
KiNg0G:
yes brymo was underated, but reason I left him out was he really didn't pushed hard enough.
I mean what stopped him from giving the people another ara be?
since he realised that's what they want..so I think he wasn't really that consistent to be on my list.
As for vector he shared same spotlight with mi for years, no body came close between them.
he just didn't utilised it..

vector isn't underated to me, it's just his vibes people just doesn't feel it.. including me.

unlike naeto c, ice prince.. those are vibes that were felt

Oops....you're still stuck in the Brymo of Ara and Oleku era. Sorry bro, we long left you behind. Listen to Klitoris, Oso, Yellow, 9 (Esan and Harmattan & Winter) and the recently released Theta. Brymo has evolved, likewise his pen game is still on point. Baba bagged 6 Headies nominations for the forthcoming Headies awards.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by TheGift: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
KiNg0G:
King0G writes

Your post makes sense. Wande Coal and Kizz Daniel are definitely under rated.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Rebuke: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Where is John Dre? I don't know if I spelt his second name correctly. That guy sings better than any of these ones yhu mentioned here.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Charlieluvboy(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
bewla:
GT the guitar man And this black guy with thick voice that rap and sing to

Black gold or what's is name
Blackmagic

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by culf: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
@op you Sabi music...
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by xukwaa: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
Na only Kiss Daniel I see for there! The others are bygone issue!
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by medropoly(m): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
To me Erigga is highly underrated, Damn that nigga is fucking good, you need to listen to his rap song...
To me Erigga is the Eminem of nigeria grin

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Amayabor1: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Peter532:

Spot on!

I agree with you especially ERIGGA, sometimes I wonder how much dude has made in his whole music career.
Soundcity don't even play his video

Sound city is the most useless music channel in this country. They hardly play music of Nigerian artistes. I don't know if they are beefing Nigerian artistes.

8 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Mumusaphire: 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
GraciousGod190:

How consistent do you want this artist to be? I think you are just countering without proper understanding.
the op is right with his list, I for one knows kizz daniel has always been underated.
He should be ranked with wizkid, davido since 2018 if not more than.
Who gives the most quality party jam tracks all through this year's?
Asking when was the last time PRAIZ released a song is so absurd, you should be asking how long as PRAIZ been in the game.
PRAIZ was there before wizkid came to limelight..try and read to understand the op view, rather than countering for cheap likes unnecessarily.
Nobody cares about the number of collabos an artist made in his entire career, we all know this wiao full this our music industry.
sir, to my own umderstanding, kizz is too full of himself, very arrogant even more than wizzy. And also, he cant be in the same league with wizzy at all.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Charlieluvboy(m): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nobody mention Asa
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Erriga too dey promote fraud for him songs.Na because fraudsters never scam any of him family.E for know how E dey pain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Angelfrost(m): 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Is it just me, or Op doesn't seem to know the meaning of 'Underrated'?!! tongue
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Brushstrokes20: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Cool analysis, but without an iota of doubt, WANDE COAL IS THE MOST UNDERRATED Nig Artiste!

The black diamond is in a class of his own, #FACT

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Addme: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Seriki....
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by jojothaiv(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rastaramsey:
I feel fireboy is also underrated....

His two albums we're lit

It was x20 better than that rubbish wiskid called his album....
grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by moshuur(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Anny505:
Brymo, Vector and Ladipoe should be on your list too man, especially Brymo, man is fuvking underrated cry
He said 5....

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Sniper101(m): 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kizz Daniel (with the brouhaha he had with his former record label) is like he fell into a pit of shit but came out smelling of Roses grin

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by mayor1814: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
Singers such as BRYMO and NINIOLA should be in that list. I think Adekunle Gold and Kizz Daniel are getting the attention and rating they deserve.

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by tspun(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
Name one rapper way get pouch lines pass Eriga
Eriga is the most underrated I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Aidejay(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rastaramsey:
I feel fireboy is also underrated....His two albums we're lit It was x20 better than that rubbish wiskid called his album....
Fireboy is not underrated! And Wizkid's album isn't rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by seunt4ut(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Reekado Banks

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Udemzy05: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
Where is Brymo?
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by naturefellow(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2022
Praiz deserves to be underrated. That guy lacks beating as a as an artiste. Anywhere-belle-face person.
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by LINTUNE(m): 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
oyeb15:
Timaya is the only underated artiste in Nigeria. The rest are where they supposed to be
tx my bro for saying the truth...timaya and maybe wande coal has been consistent for 15 years...the likes of erriga,how many hit does he have...fireboy has more hit songs than erriga,omalay has more hit songs than erriga...forget say erriga get words for mouth but baba never really produce hit songs....kiss's Daniel de try,but he no too get collabo to back am up....I think kiss is slightly underrated...adekunle gold never reach abeg, him de try but he just started being consistent, no by last 2 years wey him start to de drop hits

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Mandate2023: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kizz daniel is doing well nw, adekunle gold is not doing bad too as his getting needed attention, wande coal went down ever since the mohit split but is not doing so bad tho, Praiz is not getting d needed attention and d guy is good

Its disrespectful adding eriga to that list, what nonsense rap is that 1 rapping, dey r over rating him already like dis sef

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Slimwhyt(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
[quote author=samuelthaking post=113740381]Going commercial weakened Gold's influence
And wande coal is overrated, abeg, just occasional hits

U sure say u dey alright? Did u jst say wande is overrated? angry

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by faceland: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Wabde Coal was last relevant in 2009. That year, ordinary freestyle was raining (not to mention the well produced trucks).

That guy was bigger that Wizkid Olamide and so on (back then).

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Aidejay(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Adekunle Gold is not underrated at all.
Dude has scored 3 hits in the past 1 year. His latest album is also amazing.

I wonder what else you people want.

How will you say Kizz Daniel is underrated.
Have you seen the critical acclaim and commercial success Barnabas EP got?

Erigga okay
Wande coal okay

Praiz wasn't even "RATED" talk more of being underrated.

Shaaa it's your opinion.

My own five would be
1. Brymo
2. JOHNNY DRILLE
3. Terri
4. Runtown
5. Skales

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Karleb(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
LINTUNE:
tx my bro for saying the truth...timaya and maybe wande coal has been consistent for 15 years...the likes of erriga,how many hit does he have...fireboy has more hit songs than erriga,omalay has more hit songs than erriga...forget say erriga get words for mouth but baba never really produce hit songs....kiss's Daniel de try,but he no too get collabo to back am up....I think kiss is slightly underrated...adekunle gold never reach abeg, him de try but he just started being consistent, no by last 2 years wey him start to de drop hits

This your analysis no follow at all.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Kaymaxine(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
No be eriga picture be that OP!!!
Re: Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) by Vanderandrew(m): 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Wande Coal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs / Who Is The Most Underrated Artiste In The Nigerian Music Industry? / "One Corner" Dance Hits Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.