Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE (10369 Views)

Mass Movement For Goodluck Dumps Jonathan For Buhari / I Support The Creation Of Ijebu State - Senator David Mark / Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by macjive01: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
Since the senate indicated interest in the creation of states to rectify the imbalance in the voting powers of a certain geopolitical zone over the others, a sudden beehive of activities has been going on, political consultation, alliances fashioned out to promote particular interest. Communities has voiced their desire to stand alone as a state, regions has clamored to have the new states created out from their enclaves to promote and enhance rapid development of their area. Others in the clamoring, want their new state to address what they see as long neglect and overshadow of their interest and voices by the other areas. No where is this clamor more pronounce than in the delta, The Aniomas. The Urhobos and the Itsekiris.

The Aniomas, are Igbos and Igboloid clans whom despite having the state capital of delta in the area has raised their voices to the abysmal development effort and at times total shun they as a people get from their other state's men.

A Mr festus ochi attested to that and lamented :" at times even Warri people behave like we are not part of the state, they allocate everything to themselves. This is the only state where another region in the state is more prominent than the state capital."

No doubt the creation of delta state has always been a worry to a lot of the minorities in the state who felt they all deserve their own state to carter to their own aspirations. However, in as much as the senate wishes to create more state i doubt the senate would be willing to create a state for every agitating group, neither would they want to create the states based on tribal affiliation or identity, as what the country needs at this time is more togetherness , more unity. would the Anioma people agree to this ? we would have to wait to find out.

Also, on a more bizarre note i would say, some groups are petitioning for the creation of a Festac state out of the present Lagos state. The group indicated the population of their area as a worthy criteria for their demand and the solvency of their area, its accessibility to the ocean and the diverse cultures and people in their area.

The leader of one of the groups, a Mr James Umunna indicated the abuse of power and resources being imparted by the Alawusa leadership of the state.
He complained of total neglect of their infrastructures and people,  he said: " we have suffer a lot in this Lagos, is not as if our area hasn't the resources or manpower, yet Alawusa taxes us but won't repair our roads, our sewage has burst since . . . i cant even remember, the excreta now overflows onto the roads, yet Alawusa wouldn't do anything to help us."

The leader of the other group, a Mr benjamin Nwokaturuocha, asked our reporters to come with him to see the state of neglect the government has conferred to the area.
He also indicated as another reason why the creation of a Festac state is necessary as the total neglect of the people of Festac town in the scheme of appointments in the present state.

He said:" could you imagine of over 10 government offices in this area, not more than five festac people are employed in them. Alawusa keeps on bringing people from outside this area to occupy positions here, is that fair ?

"even the small small contracts are still outsourced, could you believe that ? he asked. "

Anyway, i guess we would have to wait for the senate to draw up the guide lines for a state creation before we can figure out the answer to Mr Nwokaturuocha's question and a lot more.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/1636.html
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by macjive01: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2011
nothing we no go hear
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 8:47pm On Jul 20, 2011
supported  Mr benjamin Nwokaturuocha well said
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
macjive01:

nothing we no go hear

there is nothing wrong in what he said, fastac has been neglected by the state government for too long

about time it is done
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2011
the link is wrong

pls post a proper link
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
Hahahaahahhahahha, 

I think states should be created base on ethnic lines,  So no one feels like a minority in their own nation. Ogoni is necessary.

Let Itsekiri have their state etc,  no matter how small, let every tribe have their own state base on their ancestral land,

I may be wrong but I think that is the best way to allow each ethnic group enjoy their freedom!!

Maybe a new state will help Lagos population management issue on the financial side.

Warning: Don't mess with Yoruba politics, in Yoruba land if you are not Yoruba!!!
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2011
I agree with the creation of Festac State out of Lagos.
An Igbo state out of Lagos sounds good  undecided
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

An Igbo State out of Lagos sounds good  undecided

why igbo state, why not festac state

why do u people look for trouble like this
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

why igbo state, why not festac state

why do u people look for trouble like this

It's Festac State. That will be the name.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
Troublemakers,here they come again with their useless demands.festac ko,art and culture ni.why can't you carve out Ajegunle state,seems that slum fits ibos better for a state.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's Festac State. That will be the name.

but festac state is not and would not be an igbo state

don't mistake lagos state creation for igbo state. that is if u know want war o
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

An Igbo state out of Lagos sounds good  undecided

And that will be the beginning of the mass slaughter again!

Don't mess with Yoruba politics in Yoruba land if you ain't Yoruba!!
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

but festac state is not and would not be an igbo state

don't mistake lagos state creation for igbo state. that is if u know want war o

It's not an Igbo state per se but when you enter the new state, then you'll realize you're actually in Igboland.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

Won't you like a 7th SW state
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's not an Igbo state per se but when you enter the new state, then you'll realize you're actually in Igboland.

oh ok

goodluck wink
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Chyz2: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

I dare you all to start tribal nonsense in Lagos today,lol. grin
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Troublemakers,here they come again with their useless demands.festac ko,art and culture ni.why can't you carve out Ajegunle state,seems that slum fits ibos better for a state.

If need be, Ajegunle, if it's contiguous to Festac State, will be added to the new state and redeveloped. Development is what we know how to do best.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by EzeUche(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

I dare you all as well.  grin

Lagos is up for grabs as well. 

We will gladly join the Hausa for our piece of Lagos. The partition of Lagos. We would make it look like Beirut or Jerusalem.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

Won't you like a 7th SW state

Not with your kind of motive!!!!!

Yoruba land is Yoruba land whether it is a 7th state or 19th state,

Insinuating an "Igbo" state in Yoruba land is MASS MURDER!!!!!

And Nigerians aren't ready for that kind of scale at all!

The first propaganda that will spread will that "igbos" are planning to take over Yoruba land, Thus it begins,

No Igbo or Hausa or anyone will rule anywhere in Yoruba land,

Don't fux with Yoruba politics in Yoruba land if you ain't Yoruba!!

You will be surprised how swift the so called accommodating people will become beasts!!!
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

We will gladly join the Hausa for our piece of Lagos. The partition of Lagos.

gbamm to the highest bidder

how much do u have
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2011
I think the South need 2 more states to balance that of the North.
SW = Festac State
SE = Anioma State
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

I think the South need 2 more states to balance that of the North.
SW = Festac State
SE = Anioma State

SW= okun state

SE= anioma + rivers state called part of SE
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by EzeUche(m): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

Kwara state?  

It is already happening.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

We will gladly join the Hausa for our piece of Lagos. The partition of Lagos. We would make it look like Beirut or Jerusalem.

Chyz*:

I dare you all to start tribal nonsense in Lagos today,lol. grin

Don't provoke what will be devastating not just for Yorubas and Igbos but for every other tribe living in Yoruba land. You don't know who is reading these comments,
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

SW= okun state Festac State (the most viable possible new state in Nigeria.

SE= anioma + rivers state called part of SE
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by EzeUche(m): 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

Don't provoke what will be devastating not just for Yorubas and Igbos but for every other tribe living in Yoruba land. You don't know who is reading these comments,

Tell your brethren to stop worrying about Eastern affairs.

Unlike the Yoruba, we Igbos have a sizable colony in Yorubaland.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Obiagu1(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

Not with your kind of motive!!!!!

Yoruba land is Yoruba land whether it is a 7th state or 19th state,

Insinuating an "Igbo" state in Yoruba land is MASS MURDER!!!!!

And Nigerians aren't ready for that kind of scale at all!

The first propaganda that will spread will that "igbos" are planning to take over Yoruba land,  Thus it begins,

Don't fux with Yoruba politics in Yoruba land if you ain't Yoruba!!

You will be surprised how swift the so called accommodating people will become beasts!!!

I have no motive. The reason I support Festac State is that it will help prevent the blood shed you are calling for.

Lagos is already divided along ethnic line if you don't know. There's majority Igbo side and majority Yoruba side.
To avoid blood shed, partition the state. It still belongs to the SW, doesn't it?
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

Kwara state?  

It is already happening.

Lol Kwara is a Yoruba majority not a Yoruba state idiot!!!!

If Yorubas in Kwara don't vote for you, you ain't winning and if they vote foe you, you are a winner!!!!

Kwara is made up of Tapa, Nupe, Yoruba etc, all indigenous to the state so really what's your point?
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by aljharem3: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

Lol Kwara is a Yoruba majority not a Yoruba state !!!!

If Yorubas in Kwara don't vote for you, you ain't winning and if they vote foe you, you are a winner!!!!

Kwara is made up of Tapa, Nupe, Yoruba etc, all indigenous to the state so really what's your point?

but olukumi is to yoruba

festac is to igbo
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2011
Obiagu1:

If need be, Ajegunle, if it's contiguous to Festac State, will be added to the new state and redeveloped. Development is what we know how to do best.

I know it's just a joke so there's no point getting serious over the issue.Do you want a repeat of the jos crisis where just a single local government created for the hausas is causing lost of lives and properties everytime.Ibos should learn from history.
Re: Movement For The Creation Of FESTAC STATE by Chyz2: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
0lumide:

There is no provocation,by me; but, if you think you all will wreck havic on Igbos and other groups in lagos then you might as well prepare for a war that will end up a loss on your side. As long as nigeria is a country, that attempt by you all will meet a high loss to your people on ur land and a bunch of militants entering from atlas cove. Like i said go head and try it. Those of us who have lived or gone to lagos know the consequences so keep talking. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? / Other Historical Events On June 12 / "Buhari Is Fit To Work" - Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.