Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? (3125 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / I Want To Quit My Banking Job / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by lonelydude: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
Please guys.

A friend who's been searching for jobs for about 2 to 3 years finally got these.

Which would you guys prefer between these two if it were you?

For me, not so sure of the one that pays more but I think banking does.

Please, answer by briefly stating the advantages and disadvantages of both.

Thanks all.
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by tunnytox(m): 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
It depends on what you have passion for and many other factors, personally I'll chose lecturing over banking anyday because I have passion for it. Also working in a Federal University will give you job security and you'll even be able to run a small biz on the side to top up your income. banking in Nigeria of today is just about looking for deposit nothing really to engage your brain with and before you know it they start sacking staffs.

The choice is yours but IMO lecturing job is better taking into consideration the instability in the Nigerian banking sector over the last few years.
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by BIGERBOY1: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
i agree , a friend of mine moved from fcmb to stanbic then to a federal university.
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by xreal: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2011
@ tunnytox
You said it all.
@ OP
I wonder why there should be a second thought on this.
Your friend should go ask anyone who has spent about 7 months
as a staff of any of our banks with a 'good pay' - if he/she
will like to work in ANY Federal parastatal today; hear their response;
I bet you they all  will be happy to work for the Federal govt.

Banking, as a job in Nigeria isn't stable.
Remember, Islamic Banking is on it's way. When it arrives, will you and I rather
apply for  loan at  a bank where we'd be charged of certain interest?

The 'outside Lag' thing  shouln't be an issue; except if 'outside Lag'= a 'boko haramic State'

Pls think, and think fast.
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by UpDates1(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2011
:p :p
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by Friedrich: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2011
hOW EASY IS IT TO MOVE FROM A LECTURING JOB TO THE OIL INDUSTRY?

DO YOU GUYS KNOW OF ANY ONE WHO'S DONE TAKEN THIS CAREER CHANGE SUCCESSFULLY?

ALTHOUGH, I AM LOOKING INTO TAKING UP A RESEARCH WHICH WILL BE IN COLLABORATION WITH THE INDUSTRY.EVENTHOUGH I HAVE PASSION FOR LECTURING, I FEEL RESTRICTING MYSELF WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE ACADEMIA IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.

HOW CAN I GO ABOUT THIS, PLEASE.

@POSTER, PLEASE GET ACROSS TO ME, LET'S TALK.

knowledge_wanted@yahoo.com
Re: Lecturing Job In A Federal University Outside Lagos Or Banking Job In Lagos? by UpDates1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
grab the lecturing job, less presure of sack and you can start up something for yourself because you would have alot of time than the banking section,

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Commonwealth Master’s And Phd Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth / Cadro Pro V6.5 Bvn Hacking Software / Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.