Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate (27230 Views)

Shettima Rejects Akpabio, Says South East Can Produce Competent Senate President / INEC rejects Okowa’s LG results for Over-Voting / Akpabio Appoints Jackson Udom As His New Chief Press Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

kyase.... You should know him by now grin

Firstly, S84(1) of the Electoral Act 2022:
A political party seeking to nominate candidates for election under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission. They have been quoting Section 82 without quoting Section 84.

Shall is mandatory. (Black's Law Dictionary)

Let me give you a rundown; the venue of the Primary was not contested either by the factions or the NWC. The NWC simply set andate and told them to kill themselves.

When materials arrived at the airport, there was some scuffle, so the DSS & Police took custody of the materials whilst INEC was at Sheergrace Arena.

Around 10:30pm, the APC Electoral Committee Chairman called the INEC REC, who was still with the police at the venue and told him the elections will hold at a later day as all parties have agreed with the Police it will be shifted and that he is traumatised by what happened with the attack and all that. The REC and INEC went home to see results the next morning.

INEC announced this in April that any Primary they don't monitor would not have their Candidates on the ballot. The issue is not who announced the results but was the Primary monitored by the Umpire? At no time did they counter the Sheergrace Arena ooooo or even informed INEC of a Change of Venue.

So, you be the judge?

You see, its over for APC AKS, they should focus on other things abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 7:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:
Let's wait and see after all same happened in anambra and uba was on the ballot...like you said,the report is internal

Yes, the report is internal..... It will just open an avenue for litigations and that's all.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

You see, its over for APC AKS, they should focus on other things abeg

It is not over until it is over.all they need is to get a court order against inec while making ita enang to withdraw his court case.very easy
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

I heard pdp and aondoakaa are in court
For what? grin
Aondoakaa has been disqualified from contesting by the court, I don't know why APC allowed him to contest

PDP has no say in what happens in APC
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

It is not over until it is over.all they need is to get a court order against inec while making ita enang to withdraw his court case.very easy
Is that possible?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

Yes, the report is internal..... It will just open an avenue for litigations and that's all.

We’ll recognise only delegates from congresses we monitored, says INEC
In a memo to all political parties, INEC said it would recognise only delegates produced by congresses “duly monitored by the commission”.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-well-recognise-only-delegates-from-congresses-we-monitored-says-inec/amp

The only litigator is enang the cow and anything can happen....like you said,a court order against inec will suffice plus like you said again inec hardly go to court or appeal the last time I saw them was the tenure extension case against imoke and co
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:
The only litigator is enang the cow and anything can happen....like you said,a court order against inec will suffice plus like you said again inec hardly go to court or appeal the last time I saw them was the tenure extension case against imoke and co
INEC is likely not going to appeal any Court Order to that effect.

Ita Enang is the only person who will based on the report.

He will need good money to keep him quiet.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

For what? grin
Aondoakaa has been disqualified from contesting by the court, I don't know why APC allowed him to contest

PDP has no say in what happens in APC

Yes,I've been wondering about mike.was he not the one apex court banned from holding public office recently? Cc fergie001, this can affect apc if explored...

Of course I know pdp are just desperate
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

INEC is likely not going to appeal any Court Order to that effect.

Ita Enang is the only person who will based on the report.

He will need good money to keep him quiet.

According to saint keppy,500 mil shut down udoedehe and udofia money long...

I still remember that rochas senatorial case where inec threatened fire and brimstone but rochas won.you were one of those mocking me then.I really wanted him to win and knew he will..even uwajumogu won,I still dont understand how he won because he was losing
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Fr don win, since we just dey wait for official handover day
grin grin grin

I read somewhere that everybody in Benue is already saying yes Father grin
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Is that possible?

Very very.udoedehe has withdrew his case.getting a high court order is easy
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

Fetgie has clarified it.I missed section 84.it is not in the place of a state rec to issue statements for inec but the nat chair,secs and commissioners like okoye...

Supreme court sacked apc not because of inec but because marafa and co went to court to proof that swc conducted primaries instead of nwc

Before Marafa, INEC had issued a public statement that APC does not have candidates in Zamfara.

Or is your memory failing u?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

grin grin grin

I read somewhere that everybody in Benue is already saying yes Father grin
Swears cheesy cheesy
Everybody na yes father dey there mouth
Everybody is tired of that pastor Ortom
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Swears cheesy cheesy
Everybody na yes father dey there mouth
Everybody is tired of that pastor Ortom

So it’s obvious the speaker is not winning then.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:
Yes,I've been wondering about mike.was he not the one apex court banned from holding public office recently? , this can affect apc if explored...

Of course I know pdp are just desperate
I really do not know what is wrong with APC. The Supreme Court was clear that he should not be entrusted with any public office whatsoever for life, so why will they allow him to contest?

He has even taken winner to Court that there was no Primary. Can an invalid candidate give rise to the nullification of the process? I don't think so but will research that.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

So it’s obvious the speaker is not winning then.
The speaker is so unpopular to say the fact, and nobody likes him because of his romance with Ortom...
He's now hoping to ride on ortom goodwill to win, same Ortom that's likely to lose his own election
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

The speaker is so unpopular to say the fact, and nobody likes him because of his romance with Ortom...
He's now hoping to ride on ortom goodwill to win, same Ortom that's likely to lose his own election

At this juncture, it’s safe to say let’s pray Fr Alia’s tenure favours Benue people.

Una don too suffer.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

At this juncture, it’s safe to say let’s pray Fr Alia’s tenure favours Benue people.

Una don too suffer.
No be small suffer guy, the worst is this Ortom, at least Suswam did something in his first tenure but this cow Ortom did nothing for 8 years, WTf
Akume remain the best since 1999
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

I really do not know what is wrong with APC. The Supreme Court was clear that he should not be entrusted with any public office whatsoever for life, so why will they allow him to contest?

He has even taken winner to Court that there was no Primary. Can an invalid candidate give rise to the nullification of the process? I don't think so but will research that.

You dont need to research.all his efforts towards public office are wasted and void legally
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

Before Marafa, INEC had issued a public statement that APC does not have candidates in Zamfara.

Or is your memory failing u?

I know but a high court later ordered inec to reinstate apc...in the final supreme court judgment,the inec report or action was not taken into account.what the court used in deciding was non conduct of primaries by nwc panel
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

Very very.udoedehe has withdrew his case.getting a high court order is easy
Okay na, let's see
Garfield abeg if I request for new voters na dey permanent dem go give me or temporal
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by kennymike84: 7:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Both of them are go nowhere
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Pacesetter123(m): 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
fergie001:

Answer these questions:

1. Whose responsibility is it to conduct Primary, State Chairman or NWC?

2. The correspondence between INEC and the forthcoming Primary is between INEC & who? State Chairman or National Chairman?

3. Is INEC monitoring the Primary a statutory responsibility? Yes/No

4. What happens when INEC doesn't monitor the Primary of any Political Party?

5. When the APC Electoral Committee Chairman, Ajibulu and the INEC REC allegedly spoke same night, what was the details of their conversation?

6. If we assume, but not conceding that Ekanem gave the address, what was the address given by the APC NWC?

7. Was the address communicated to INEC?

8. Did INEC monitor the Primaries?

I will give a response when you answer these questions;

garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana kyase

1. State Chairman in line with N WC guidelines.
2. State Chairman/Chairman Electoral Committee.
3. Yes
4.The election become invalid.
5.Sketchy
6.Sketchy
7. Whose address?
8.Yes,they did but not the state REC
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 12:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Pacesetter123:

1. State Chairman in line with N WC guidelines.
2. State Chairman/Chairman Electoral Committee.
3. Yes
4.The election become invalid.
5.Sketchy
6.Sketchy
7. Whose address?
8.Yes,they did but not the state REC

1. INEC doesn't have any business with the State Chairman, all correspondences is with the National Chairman as only the NWC and not SWC is responsible for the conduct of Primaries or delegates election.

2. Number one has answered it already. National Chairman and INEC (represented by State REC).

5. All factions agreed the election will hold on another date, and the Electoral Chairperson, Ajibulu communicated same to Igini.

6. The NWC didn't give a counter address as the SheerGrace Arena was not contested by all the parties.

8. The RECs represent INEC at the State level, so INEC didn't monitor it.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by ejimatic: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2022
fergie001:

Answer these questions:

1. Whose responsibility is it to conduct Primary, State Chairman or NWC?

2. The correspondence between INEC and the forthcoming Primary is between INEC & who? State Chairman or National Chairman?

3. Is INEC monitoring the Primary a statutory responsibility? Yes/No

4. What happens when INEC doesn't monitor the Primary of any Political Party?

5. When the APC Electoral Committee Chairman, Ajibulu and the INEC REC allegedly spoke same night, what was the details of their conversation?

6. If we assume, but not conceding that Ekanem gave the address, what was the address given by the APC NWC?

7. Was the address communicated to INEC?

8. Did INEC monitor the Primaries?

I will give a response when you answer these questions;

garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana kyase

1 State chairman under the supervision of the NWC. 2 State Chairman with with Electoral Committee Chairman. 3 Yes , INEC should monitor ONLY. 4. If INEC is informed but does not have any representative to monitor it ,the election is still valid .INEC is not an umpire but an observer in the election. 5 It should be about the election 6 It shiukd be about the election 7. YES as indicated by the State Chairman and Electoral Committee 8 INEC claimed it had no representation there but the part stakeholders opined the Observer Body was informed.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2022
ejimatic:
1 State chairman under the supervision of the NWC. 2 State Chairman with with Electoral Committee Chairman. 3 Yes , INEC should monitor ONLY. 4. If INEC is informed but does not have any representative to monitor it ,the election is still valid .INEC is not an umpire but an observer in the election. 5 It should be about the election 6 It shiukd be about the election 7. YES as indicated by the State Chairman and Electoral Committee 8 INEC claimed it had no representation there but the part stakeholders opined the Observer Body was informed.

1. State Chairman has no business with Primary. What the State can do is provide the Venue, that is if the NWC has no problem with it.

2. INEC has no business with State Chairman but the National Chairman.

3. Yes

4. INEC's monitoring is a statutory responsibility, their sending a representation is also statutory.

5. When they didn't show up, the REC called the APC Electoral Committee Chairman, Ajibulu, who told him that all parties agreed for the Primary to be postponed.

6. The NWC didn't propose a Venue. Their decision will supercede that of the State if they did.

7. Yes, SheerGrace Arena, which wasn't contested by both parties.

8. They were not informed and no observer said they were informed. The agreement was in (5) above, only for results to be reeled out the next morning.

With what happened to Edo yesterday, AKS will have no Guber candidate and no candidate for Akwa Ibom South Senatorial District, unless there is a Court Order to back same.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2022
garfield1....Another aspirant in the APC has gone to Court over AKS Guber Primary.

Augustine Dominic Etuk.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 11:51am On Jun 15, 2022
fergie001:
garfield1....Another aspirant in the APC has gone to Court over AKS Guber Primary.

Augustine Dominic Etuk.

Time has elapsed
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
garfield1:

Time has elapsed
It hasn't ..he filed on June 9 (13th day after the Primary)

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
fergie001:
It hasn't ..he filed on June 9 (13th day after the Primary)

He's a lesser danger compared to enang.what is his complaint? It is like today is judgment day between iwok ors vs pdp
Elegushi foolishly stepped down for obanikoro
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2022
garfield1:

He's a lesser danger compared to enang.what is his complaint? It is like today is judgment day between iwok ors vs pdp
Equally as lethal as that of Enang.

Iwok Ors v PDP adjourned to July 15 for judgement.

Taraba APC have some big issues. INEC have submitted their reports (No Primary held on 27 May). INEC didn't monitor, the case was same as Udofias in AKS.

The APC National Chair called for a meeting for the aspirants to agree on Bwacha, so they will use the Consensus method, all five of them rejected and asked Bwacha to take the Senate which he refused.

The 5: (David Kente, Mamman Saleh, Yusuf Abubakar, Anthony Manzo & Danladi Kifasi). They have all gone to Court individually.

Again, the NWC forgot to state the mode of Primaries and only wrote INEC about it on 30 May, 3 days after the Primary. Taraba will likely not have any APC Candidate across Board.

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Miracle2020: 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2022
Very good! Shebi he sell his delegates to the drug Lord.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Tinubu Congratulates Reno Omokri On 50th Birthday / Bandits Abduct ’50 Wedding Guests’ Along Sokoto-Zamfara Highway / Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.