Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,532 members, 7,958,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate (27611 Views)

Ndume Rejects Akpabio’s Fresh Appointment, Says ‘God Is On My Side’ / INEC rejects Okowa’s LG results for Over-Voting / Akpabio Appoints Jackson Udom As His New Chief Press Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pacesetter123:

He said so by his actions.
Why did he rather go to the Sheargrace arena to monitor the primaries conducted by Sen. Udoedehe's faction under the chairmanship of Austin Ekanem instead of Ekpo Obot, venue for the primaries conducted by Akpabio's faction led by Chief Stephen Ntukekpo which is recognized by the NWC and the court of law.
That primaries produced Obong Akan Udofia as the authentic gurber candidate.
So, for Igini to come out to say that APC doesn't have guber candidate because he did not monitor the election is absolute trash.

Answer these questions:

1. Whose responsibility is it to conduct Primary, State Chairman or NWC?

2. The correspondence between INEC and the forthcoming Primary is between INEC & who? State Chairman or National Chairman?

3. Is INEC monitoring the Primary a statutory responsibility? Yes/No

4. What happens when INEC doesn't monitor the Primary of any Political Party?

5. When the APC Electoral Committee Chairman, Ajibulu and the INEC REC allegedly spoke same night, what was the details of their conversation?

6. If we assume, but not conceding that Ekanem gave the address, what was the address given by the APC NWC?

7. Was the address communicated to INEC?

8. Did INEC monitor the Primaries?

I will give a response when you answer these questions;

garfield1 vicdom kahal29 penguin2 indispensable85 ejimatic Ojuntana kyase
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

Answer these questions:

2. The correspondence between INEC and the forthcoming Primary is between INEC & who? State Chairman or National Chairman?

5. When the APC Electoral Committee Chairman, Ajibulu and the INEC REC allegedly spoke same night, what was the details of their conversation?

6. If we assume, but not conceding that Ekanem gave the address, what was the address given by the APC NWC?

If e respond make I know cheesy

1 Like

Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by vicdom(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Me too.. I will like him to respond ooo cheesy
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

Answer these questions:

The guy is largely right.who announced the final results? Nwc or swc? Was inec informed or not? Which is more proper for primaries, state party office or private property
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

I've responded on his behalf.fergie is doublespeaking
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
vicdom:

Me too.. I will like him to respond ooo cheesy
We dey together grin
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

The guy is largely right.who announced the final results? Nwc or swc? Was inec informed or not? Which is more proper for primaries, state party office or private property
Fergie001 wetin you talk for this talk
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

Answer these questions:

And you think he’d respond to this?

The Akwa Ibom case is straight forward and simple. Just that APC online warriors are being emotional about it.

There has to be an end to, and punishment for, impunity.

Like you already noted, INEC made it clear in their letter that in APC communication with the Commission, the party chose Sheergrace Arena Hotel as venue of its primaries.

Until the day of the primaries, the Commission did not receive any contrary correspondence and therefore mobilized to the venue with Police Commissioner and DSS state director only for Mr Ajibulu to say the primaries has been canceled by 10:30pm but later went on to conduct yahoo yahoo primaries at a different venue without INEC presence.

Which of these actions is lawful or can APC rely on to challenge INEC decision?

I thought APC would learn from their stupidity in Anambra where the Supreme Court had to void the shameful jamboree they called primaries but it’s obvious they didn’t.

So, free anybody wey wan argue nonsense abeg.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

We dey together grin

I dont know why your against akpabio and aks apc.apc needs to capture one of aks,rivers or bayelsa and pdp there are looking vulnerable.all hands and legs including yours must be on deck
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

And you think he’d respond to this?

The Akwa Ibom case is straight forward and simple. Just that APC online warriors are being emotional about it.

There has to be an end to, and punishment for, impunity.

Like you already noted, INEC made it clear in their letter that in APC communication with the Commission, the party chose Sheergrace Arena Hotel as venue of its primaries.

Until the day of the primaries, the Commission did not receive any contrary correspondence and therefore mobilized to the venue with Police Commissioner and DSS state director only for Mr Ajibulu to say the primaries has been canceled by 10:30pm but later went on to conduct yahoo yahoo primaries at a different venue without INEC presence.

Which of these actions is lawful or can APC rely on to challenge INEC decision?

I thought APC would learn from their stupidity in Anambra where the Supreme Court had to void the shameful jamboree they called primaries but it’s obvious they didn’t.

So, free anybody wey wan argue nonsense abeg.

How is pdp in your ebonyi and south east? Concentrate there.is aks state pdp under gov udom fairing any better
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

I dont know why your against akpabio and aks apc.apc needs to capture one of aks,rivers or bayelsa and pdp there are looking vulnerable.all hands and legs including yours must be on deck

APC can't win AKS even with a candidate, Beyelsa? Yes its possible but I'm not sure of Rivers either and again I'm not against Akpabio or APC AKS, but the APC in the state messed up big time, changing venues without incoming INEC, what do you want Inec to do in this case
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

How is pdp in your ebonyi and south east? Concentrate there.is aks state pdp under gov udom fairing any better

I will give you a response when you ask me about Labour Party.

PDP is dead!
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

APC can't win AKS even with a candidate, Beyelsa? Yes its possible but I'm not sure of Rivers either and again I'm not against Akpabio or APC AKS, but the APC in the state messed up big time, changing venues without incoming INEC, what do you want Inec to do in this case

Don’t mind him.

He’s always being emotional and sentimental instead of logical and reasonable.

Now he’s expecting you to join him in foolery
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

I will give you a response when you ask me about Labour Party.

PDP is dead!

Who is labour candidate? Nkwegu,odo or ucha?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

They didnt mess up.igini is on a vendetta against akpabio.section 82 says a party shall inform inec about primaries but inec may or may not monitor or supervise.notification of inec is compulsory, attendance is not...moreover,the final decision lays with abuja inec or the courts not igini...

(1) Every registered political party shall give the Commission at least 21 days’ notice of any convention, congress, conference or meeting convened for the purpose of
“merger” and electing members of its executive committees, other governing bodies
or nominating candidates for any of the elective offices specified under this Act.

(2) The Commission may, with or without prior notice to the political party attend and observe any convention, congress, conference or meeting which is convened by a political party for the purpose of-
(a) electing members of its executive committees or other governing bodies;
(b) nominating candidates for an election at any level; and
(c) approving a merger with any other registered political party
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t mind him.

(1) Every registered political party shall give the Commission at least 21 days’ notice of any convention, congress, conference or meeting convened for the purpose of
“merger” and electing members of its executive committees, other governing bodies
or nominating candidates for any of the elective offices specified under this Act.

(2) The Commission may, with or without prior notice to the political party attend and observe any convention, congress, conference or meeting which is convened by a political party for the purpose of-

Igini is wrong
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t mind him.

Garfield1 no wan know ooo, left for him self, let APC take over every state in the country....
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

Igini is wrong

So which these sections you quoted did Igini go against?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Garfield1 no wan know ooo, left for him self, let APC take over every state in the country....

Not taraba,Benue,Adamawa,Edo,osun,ekiti
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

They didnt mess up.igini is on a vendetta against akpabio.section 82 says a party shall inform inec about primaries but inec may or may not monitor or supervise.notification of inec is compulsory, attendance is not...moreover,the final decision lays with abuja inec or the courts not igini...

But inec honoured the invitation and met nobody, then to them, no primary took place
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

So which these sections you quoted did Igini go against?

Igini is right about the primaries that produced akpabio...inec were never notified so it is illegal.but he is wrong about the guber primaries, inec was duly notified and their presence wasn't needed.it is not in his place to determine or say which party has a candidate or not.is he the court? That sounds suspicious
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:
kyase.... You should know him by now grin

Firstly, S84(1) of the Electoral Act 2022:
A political party seeking to nominate candidates for election under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission. They have been quoting Section 82 without quoting Section 84.

Shall is mandatory. (Black's Law Dictionary)

Let me give you a rundown; the venue of the Primary was not contested either by the factions or the NWC. The NWC simply set andate and told them to kill themselves.

When materials arrived at the airport, there was some scuffle, so the DSS & Police took custody of the materials whilst INEC was at Sheergrace Arena.

Around 10:30pm, the APC Electoral Committee Chairman called the INEC REC, who was still with the police at the venue and told him the elections will hold at a later day as all parties have agreed with the Police it will be shifted and that he is traumatised by what happened with the attack and all that. The REC and INEC went home to see results the next morning.

INEC announced this in April that any Primary they don't monitor would not have their Candidates on the ballot. The issue is not who announced the results but was the Primary monitored by the Umpire? At no time did they counter the Sheergrace Arena ooooo or even informed INEC of a Change of Venue.

So, you be the judge?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

But inec honoured the invitation and met nobody, then to them, no primary took place

No sir.their presence wasn't even required.it is now an internal party matter
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

No sir.their presence wasn't even required.it is now an internal party matter
Read Section 84(1) of the Electoral Act 2022.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:

kyase.... You should know him by now grin

Firstly, S84(1) of the Electoral Act 2022:
A political party seeking to nominate candidates for election under this Act shall hold primaries for aspirants to all elective positions which shall be monitored by the Commission. They have been quoting Section 82 without quoting Section 84.

Shall is mandatory. (Black's Law Dictionary)

Let me give you a rundown; the venue of the Primary was not contested either by the factions or the NWC. The NWC simply set andate and told them to kill themselves.

When materials arrived at the airport, there was some scuffle, so the DSS & Police took custody of the materials whilst INEC was at Sheergrace Arena.

Around 10:30pm, the APC Electoral Committee Chairman called the INEC REC, who was still with the police at the venue and told him the elections will hold at a later day as all parties have agreed with the Police it will be shifted and that he is traumatised by what happened with the attack and all that. The REC and INEC went home to see results the next morning.

INEC announced this in April that any Primary they don't monitor would not have their Candidates on the ballot. The issue is not who announced the results but was the Primary monitored by the Umpire? At no time did they counter the Sheergrace Arena ooooo or even informed INEC of a Change of Venue.

So, you be the judge?

Sorry,I missed that 84 (1)...let inec itself issue a statement not igini
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

Igini is right about the primaries that produced akpabio...inec were never notified so it is illegal.but he is wrong about the guber primaries, inec was duly notified and their presence wasn't needed.it is not in his place to determine or say which party has a candidate or not.is he the court? That sounds suspicious

In APC letter to INEC, did they indicate Sheergrace as the venue of the primaries?

If yes, did the APC at anytime notify the commission of a change of venue?

Did Mr Ajibulu tell Igini that the primaries was canceled or not?

Is a primary not monitored by INEC valid or not?

If INEC has no power to say a political party has no candidate, why did the Supreme Court agree with its decision of APC not having any candidate in all offices in the 2019 general elections in Zamfara?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by fergie001: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
garfield1:

Sorry,I missed that 84 (1)...let inec itself issue a statement not igini
I don't think they will go contrary, unless there is a Court Order to that effect.
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Penguin2: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Don’t mind him.

Meanwhile, what’s Fr Alia’s chances looking like in Benue?
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

In APC letter to INEC, did they indicate Sheergrace as the venue of the primaries?

If yes, did the APC at anytime notify the commission of a change of venue?

Did Mr Ajibulu tell Igini that the primaries was canceled or not?

Is a primary not monitored by INEC valid or not?

If INEC has no power to say a political party has no candidate, why did the Supreme Court agree with its decision of APC not having any candidate in all offices in the 2019 general elections in Zamfara?

Fetgie has clarified it.I missed section 84.it is not in the place of a state rec to issue statements for inec but the nat chair,secs and commissioners like okoye...

Supreme court sacked apc not because of inec but because marafa and co went to court to proof that swc conducted primaries instead of nwc
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by Kyase(m): 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Penguin2:

Don’t mind him.

Meanwhile, what’s Fr Alia’s chances looking like in Benue?
Fr don win, since we just dey wait for official handover day
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
fergie001:
I don't think they will go contrary, unless there is a Court Order to that effect.

Let's wait and see after all same happened in anambra and uba was on the ballot...like you said,the report is internal
Re: INEC Rejects Akpabio, Recognises Ekpo Udom As APC Senatorial Candidate by garfield1: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kyase:

Fr don win, since we just dey wait for official handover day

I heard pdp and aondoakaa are in court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Labour Party Delivered Twins- Shehu Sani / Bola Tinubu Celebrates Victor Osimhen On Serie A Title Win / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.