Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? (34659 Views)

Letter To '1 Million Boys' By Mushin Area Boys / An Open Letter To All Yahoo Boys By Paulgeek / Yahoo Boys With Exotic Car And House Arrested By EFCC In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by barinedan(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2022
Parade them before the media, take them to the office, empty their bank accounts, prosecute the unfortunate ones for media hype and set others free

4 Likes

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Limassol(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
2m you are free. A dude I know made 2m transfer plus they collected his C-class.
interesting... Was the Benz later given back to him?
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by LILTJAY: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2022
Looking for good hk to join

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by IamAsiri: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2022
[quote author=Udeude1 post=113756554] Am sorry to say this , EFCC are the real yahoo group ,

They only extort money from these Yahoo boys, sometimes they end up converting yahoo boys cars to theirs , Failed country..

Peter Obi , the only hope
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by OMEGA009(m): 11:24am On Jun 13, 2022
People capping rubbish here. Everyone always knows someone that has “given money to EFCC to obtain their freedom” but no one can beat their chest and say it happened to them.

Take Police and bribery for example. Everyone has been extorted by them and we can always Say “Yes, it happened to me” but when na EFCC, it’s always, “it happened to my friend” Abi “I know a guy that it happened to”.

@OP, when EFCC arrests a person, they either have evidence or act based on a hunch. They go through their stuff forensically (check for deleted stuff using sophisticated software) and if anything is found, the person is charged to court. Most times, we don’t hear about the court cases. Why? I can’t say but I know this because I WAS ONCE ARRESTED BY THEM. They didn’t find anything on my phone but they found stuff on my flatmates phone and he was sent to jail with an option of fine, N1m I believe.

Back to my earlier submission, if nothing is found on you, you’re still required to get a person to bail you out and it is done without money (I didn’t pay a dime). Even my friend that had something on his phone (format) and had incriminating evidence was allowed to go on administrative bail (like me) but he was told to sign every week until his court date. We both did a maximum of 2 nights in their cell, (which is very clean to be honest) and we were fed 3 times daily. Indomie and egg, tea and bread, jollof rice and fish and we even had free medical treatment (me, I treat all my sickness free of charge. After all, na our money).

So I can imagine someone saying that they paid money to be released but as for me, I no pay shishi and my friend wey commit still go court. His saving grace was that he plead guilty so dem no send am go kirikiri. Judge just pity am, nack am N1m as fine.

SO THAT IS MY STORY. I NO DEY TALK DEM SAY ABI E HAPPEN TO MY FRIEND. IM A WALKING EFCC TESTED MEMBER.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by gidjah(m): 11:28am On Jun 13, 2022
Hmmmm. this one to is more than an eye opener ,The south hbas been shbirt chbanged by this Govt.The system purposely improvished the southern groups and also bewitched them. How did you souyhberners get into this mess ?? OJUKOKORO IS D ANSWER !
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by dangoteinlaw: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2022
Limassol:
interesting... Was the Benz later given back to him?
give back fire
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2022
PlaYaJones:

brother u talkin rubbish sir... those boys are criminals who deserve prison. Wit da fok has fulani gots to do wit yahoo boys. People like u will all ways be the problem of Nigeria..talkin rubbbbish(no ooofencse) angry

If you had been to any EFCC's office, you would have understood his point. It's like the official language there is Hausa. 99% of the workers are from the North. The way Nigeria is going, it's like South vs. North, so there is prejudice. Not forgetting that they are just stealing from Southerners. Please note that I'm not supporting the yahoo boys either.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by gracealonev: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2022
Just like the police.
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Freelane33(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2022
Nigerians needs to wake from their sleeps but the fear of unknown makes people keep their mouth shut
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Snitch24(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2022
Nothing bro they pay their bail and restrategize
The circle continues
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by membranus: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2022
OMEGA009:
People capping rubbish here. Everyone always knows someone that has “given money to EFCC to obtain their freedom” but no one can beat their chest and say it happened to them.

Take Police and bribery for example. Everyone has been extorted by them and we can always Say “Yes, it happened to me” but when na EFCC, it’s always, “it happened to my friend” Abi “I know a guy that it happened to”.

@OP, when EFCC arrests a person, they either have evidence or act based on a hunch. They go through their stuff forensically (check for deleted stuff using sophisticated software) and if anything is found, the person is charged to court. Most times, we don’t hear about the court cases. Why? I can’t say but I know this because I WAS ONCE ARRESTED BY THEM. They didn’t find anything on my phone but they found stuff on my flatmates phone and he was sent to jail with an option of fine, N1m I believe.

Back to my earlier submission, if nothing is found on you, you’re still required to get a person to bail you out and it is done without money (I didn’t pay a dime). Even my friend that had something on his phone (format) and had incriminating evidence was allowed to go on administrative bail (like me) but he was told to sign every week until his court date. We both did a maximum of 2 nights in their cell, (which is very clean to be honest) and we were fed 3 times daily. Indomie and egg, tea and bread, jollof rice and fish and we even had free medical treatment (me, I treat all my sickness free of charge. After all, na our money).

So I can imagine someone saying that they paid money to be released but as for me, I no pay shishi and my friend wey commit still go court. His saving grace was that he plead guilty so dem no send am go kirikiri. Judge just pity am, nack am N1m as fine.

SO THAT IS MY STORY. I NO DEY TALK DEM SAY ABI E HAPPEN TO MY FRIEND. IM A WALKING EFCC TESTED MEMBER.

Thanks for factually clarifying the topic. Too much hear say comments on NL with no established truth.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by PlaYaJones: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2022
SouthWestBlood:

If you had been to any EFCC's office, you would have understood his point. It's like the official language there is Hausa. 99% of the workers are from the North. The way Nigeria is going, it's like South vs. North, so there is prejudice. Not forgetting that they are just stealing from Southerners. Please note that I'm not supporting the yahoo boys either.

Tribalism is the sickening thing about Nigeria & that's why I hate that fokin country....wrong is wrong but instead of getting the criminals arrested, u worry about wot tribe they come from....dyammm I hate that gaddddem country & I wish I wasint Nigerian.!!!(no ooofencse) angry

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Zelenskyy(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2022
Majority have been left off the hook...

They are now back to "Playing Street" as they feel that they have no alternative....
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by meobizy(f): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hmm. This was a question I never cared to ask. Last I remember, police patrol banks, waiting for Yahoo boys. They apprehend the ones who make huge withdrawals then collect a percentage in exchange for their freedom. One guy I knew had five hundred thousand naira obtained from his eight hundred thousand naira booty. I am shocked though not fully surprised that EFCC has joined the league. Justice no dey this country. Anybody with money is automatically an oga.

4 Likes

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by OMEGA009(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
youngest12:
EFCC are also scammers
They arrested 8 guys in my area but released them that night after collecting 100 million from them without taking them in.

After the court sentence, all this guy's won't be remanded in prison like efcc made us believe they will only be going every week with 150,000 to sign and once their sentence remain 1 week to finish they will now be remanded for that 1 week which means if a yahoo guy is sentenced to a year in prison he will only spend the last week of his sentences in prison but be paying 150,000 every week for the period he is not there but the passport will be seized so that he won't be able to travel....
It has happened to 5 of my friends though we are no longer close as we use to be.

Bros, Fear GOD na. Do you think everyone here is as fullish as you are? 8 guys just conveniently had 100 million laying around and they could access it within minutes to bribe EFCC? Lol, lol. We resemble people wey dey drink cerelac for ya eye?

Do you even have the faintest idea on how the law works? A judge will sentence a person to prison and EFCC will now tell the person to go home and be coming to sign every week. Then a week to the end of his sentence, they will take him to prison?!!!!!!!

LMFAO. Think before you cap rubbish on the World Wide Web. Your ignorance on the law and workings of the law, No get part 2.

Anyways, you’re one of those “It happened to my friend” people.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
OMEGA009:

They didn't give you semo and efo riro in their cell? You should've told them to hold onto you for longer since the cell is clean. You mean you know better than total strangers here who are all saying the same thing? Even your entire statement reads like an advert. You're trying too hard to make EFCC loo good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by JayReeMai(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
youngest12:
EFCC are also scammers
They arrested 8 guys in my area but released them that night after collecting 100 million from them without taking them in.

What EFCC are now doing now is that once they arrest you, they will collect your phone and they will tell you to remove your iCloud,collect your cars which won't be given to them.

After checking their account, they will forfeit all the cash they see in it. (guys are no longer putting money in there account but BTC). They will then snap them with the items collected from them then post it on their instagram page with a placard displaying their sins but it doesn't end there this is just where the business begins.

Efcc will now tell them to go but they must be coming every week to sign and every week they must be paying 150,000 before they will sign. They use to collect naira before but they are no longer doing that but now in dollars.
After the court sentence, all this guy's won't be remanded in prison like efcc made us believe they will only be going every week with 150,000 to sign and once their sentence remain 1 week to finish they will now be remanded for that 1 week which means if a yahoo guy is sentenced to a year in prison he will only spend the last week of his sentences in prison but be paying 150,000 every week for the period he is not there but the passport will be seized so that he won't be able to travel....
It has happened to 5 of my friends though we are no longer close as we use to be.
you posted trash confidently and dumbasses like you gave u a like for it.
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Makowonda: 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
Let me quote you:
"I personally believe that the EFCC is being used as an instrument by the Fulani cabal to shake down southern youths who have made money the wrong way"

Can't we ever just call a crime a crime without mentioning a tribe,religion or geopolitical zone?
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by dreu2fine(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2022
Seniorwriter:

Facilitator towards pressing charges or the street way?

Nigerian institutions are already polluted and currupt because we have bad persons in most leadership positions.

we need vote in young visionary leaders come next year.

@Seniorwriter
I am also a facilitator to that
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by RepoMan007: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
ceejayluv:
Wait, so you're indirectly blaming the Fulani 'cabal' for proliferation of Yahoo boys too? I'm a southerner but I believe we should take responsibility for our actions And quit blaming some phantom cabal for any transgressions.
He is right to blame tribal cabal. They are a core part of those the current structure favors and the more they hold on to that structure the more hardship to masses and the more fraudster we may see.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by youngest12: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
OMEGA009:

Bros, Fear GOD na. Do you think everyone here is as fullish as you are? 8 guys just conveniently had 100 million laying around and they could access it within minutes to bribe EFCC? Lol, lol. We resemble people wey dey drink cerelac for ya eye?

Do you even have the faintest idea on how the law works? A judge will sentence a person to prison and EFCC will now tell the person to go home and be coming to sign every week. Then a week to the end of his sentence, they will take him to prison?!!!!!!!

LMFAO. Think before you cap rubbish on the World Wide Web. Your ignorance on the law and workings of the law, No get part 2.

Anyways, you’re one of those “It happened to my friend” people.

Lols anytime u are in Ibadan quote me and I wIll come meet u anywhere and so dat u will see everything by urself
I won't argue with u

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by youngest12: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
JayReeMai:
you posted trash confidently and dumbasses like you gave u a like for it.
I wont argue with u
If u like don't believe and mind u
What will the pikes do for me in life
I'm exposing a corrupt practice by the efcc by the efcc and u dare call it trash
I have my proof and I will say it again and again and dis is not a false accusation
I'm for real

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by Bastard1stborn: 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
youngest12:

Na grant Dem dey do
They just have to work overnight and guys in my area have upgraded to the extent that the first payment they collect from there client is 300 dollars and once the client make the first payment he/she will pay them all he has cos he will be hypnotized with the charm they are using and until he empty his account he won't stop paying so bro 150k na chicken change
As long as they have Yankee Facebook page those guys can't go broke

Soap dey weak bro. The spirits will get tired someday and you would have to become useless in making money without soap or any kind of ritual... Smiles. It's a terrible experience expect you join the cruise with constant church worship and fasting grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by coputa(m): 12:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
They come back to type Damn Nigger, Light up my weed in peace on here.

undecided
I have not been seeing this guy post lately,i hope he's okay.
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by johnnychuks(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mickykarim:

YOU NEED TO PRAY FOR YOURSELF.

For the irrelevant mundanity in your head. When you leave issues for NONSENSE.

You need help, clearly.
don't mind the ashole
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by OMEGA009(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2022
youngest12:

Lols anytime u are in Ibadan quote me and I wIll come meet u anywhere and so dat u will see everything by urself
I won't argue with u

Maybe the judiciary in Ibadan is different from the rest of Nigeria. When you’re sentenced to prison, the prison officers TAKE YOU TO PRISON. Even Police no get hand for the matter again. You’re solely the property of the Nigerian Correctional Service until you pay your fine or complete your jail term. That is the law.
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by OMEGA009(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
Shoodboi:

They didn't give you semo and efo riro in their cell? You should've told them to hold onto you for longer since the cell is clean. You mean you know better than total strangers here who are all saying the same thing? Even your entire statement reads like an advert. You're trying too hard to make EFCC loo good.

I talk with FACTS!!!!! I’ve been their guest and I know what I’m talking about. Talking about advertisement. Lol. Let me know when you and your “total strangers” have hard undisputed facts. Until then, don’t judge based on hearsay.

Who no go, no go know.
Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by obinna58(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
youngest12:

Na grant Dem dey do
They just have to work overnight and guys in my area have upgraded to the extent that the first payment they collect from there client is 300 dollars and once the client make the first payment he/she will pay them all he has cos he will be hypnotized with the charm they are using and until he empty his account he won't stop paying so bro 150k na chicken change
As long as they have Yankee Facebook page those guys can't go broke
Hype man

Oversabi dem

Cho Cho Cho but dem know no anything.

You're a mumu man

5 Likes

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by youngest12: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
OMEGA009:

Maybe the judiciary in Ibadan is different from the rest of Nigeria. When you’re sentenced to prison, the prison officers TAKE YOU TO PRISON. Even Police no get hand for the matter again. You’re solely the property of the Nigerian Correctional Service until you pay your fine or complete your jail term. That is the law.
Oga no be law I study
I'm just telling u wetin my eye see not hearsay
An I've told u anytime u are in ib quote me in this post that u are in ib to verify what I posted on nairaland, revive this post,create another thread to post ur findings.
I won't argue or drag what's in the law with you.

1 Like

Re: Arrested Yahoo Boys By EFCC: What Happens Afterwards? by youngest12: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
obinna58:

Hype man

Oversabi dem

Cho Cho Cho but dem know no anything.

You're a mumu man

No time to trade words with you man
I can leture you if u can come to Ibadan
Let's meet in a public place then I will lecture you
That's when u will know if I know something or nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested For Possession Of Child Pornography At Atlanta Airport / Man Tries To Kill An American In Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Man Denies Membership Of Vikings In Malaysia During Interrogation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.