Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano (62001 Views)

See How This Man Grabbed Peter Obi's Hand In Abia Today / DCP Kyari Hand Over Note To DCP Disu New IRT Commander / Ag-hos Yemi-esan Receives Hand Over Note From Oyo-ita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Poleski: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2022
For a better Nigeria, Vote for Peter Obi!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2022
Pakute:

Lol.. They are clowns. They think they can paste Obi's name on any projects done by other former Governors of the state, Obi has no infrastructural legacy in Anambra.

They said go and verify, just go first, if you need transportation fare, talk.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

We are not saying the same thing at all. You are re-writing history, insinuating that Obi was not popular. While in reality Obi was widely popular, so much so that he single-handly made Obiano governor - Obiano's first was really Obi's third term.

Meanwhile what u think of the below

Two questions please. 1. What party was Obi in his second term?
2. What party was Obi's successor?

And please for the sake of God, don't use God to talk about politics. It stinks. If you are not the person God revealed that fable you wrote to, there's no justification of you sharing it.And if it is indeed revealed to you, the right thing to do is to go directly to the person the message is for, not to politicize or use it for campaign. No need to make a mockery of the faith for nothing.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by PoliteActivist: 11:14am On Jun 15, 2022
Image123:

Two questions please. 1. What party was Obi in his second term?
2. What party was Obi's successor?

And please for the sake of God, don't use God to talk about politics. It stinks. If you are not the person God revealed that fable you wrote to, there's no justification of you sharing it.And if it is indeed revealed to you, the right thing to do is to go directly to the person the message is for, not to politicize or use it for campaign. No need to make a mockery of the faith for nothing.

The questions are irrelevant to the aim of your write-up: to show Obi was not popular. Once you concede Obi was so wildly popular he was able to replace himself with his hand-picked successor, once you concede that, the argument is over because we'd be in agreement.

As for the revelation, the prophet's name ought be there, once that attribution is clearly stated, it can be used
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 11:26am On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

The questions are irrelevant to the aim of your write-up: to show Obi was not popular. Once you concede Obi was so wildly popular he was able to replace himself with his hand-picked successor, once you concede that the argument is over because we'd be in agreement

We don't need to be in agreement. Your deliberate unwillingness to answer the questions show the fact. We need stability, not a topsy turvy politician who is easily swept away. Peter Obi's strong point is that he doesn't spend money. That was the major selling point for Buhari that year too and he even tried to justify it by not appointing ministers for 6months and by being minister of petroleum. Economy doesn't work that way. Like i have said, we've not seen anything spectacular in Obi to make us think anything will change for good. Instead, we have seen a precedence of him being impeached, losing as an incumbent and his party not able to win after his second term. Other things like winning an election or handover are things that the basic governors have done from North to South.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

The questions are irrelevant to the aim of your write-up: to show Obi was not popular. Once you concede Obi was so wildly popular he was able to replace himself with his hand-picked successor, once you concede that, the argument is over because we'd be in agreement.

As for the revelation, the prophet's name ought be there, once that attribution is clearly stated, it can be used

There's no justification for politicizing religion or spiritual issues. It only produces a mockery of the faith and doesn't win. We've seen how the prophecies on Bakare, GEJ, FFK, Fayose and others have turned out.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by PoliteActivist: 11:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Image123:

There's no justification for politicizing religion or spiritual issues. It only produces a mockery of the faith and doesn't win. We've seen how the prophecies on Bakare, GEJ, FFK, Fayose and others have turned out.

From time immemorial prophets have always proclaimed their prophecies, they don't hide it to only the person. So we disagree.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

From time immemorial prophets have always proclaimed their prophecies, they don't hide it to only the person. So we disagree.

It's okay.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by PoliteActivist: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Image123:

We don't need to be in agreement. Your deliberate unwillingness to answer the questions show the fact. We need stability, not a topsy turvy politician who is easily swept away. Peter Obi's strong point is that he doesn't spend money. That was the major selling point for Buhari that year too and he even tried to justify it by not appointing ministers for 6months and by being minister of petroleum. Economy doesn't work that way. Like i have said, we've not seen anything spectacular in Obi to make us think anything will change for good. Instead, we have seen a precedence of him being impeached, losing as an incumbent and his party not able to win after his second term. Other things like winning an election or handover are things that the basic governors have done from North to South.

You are obviously anti-Obi, only that you are couching it in pseudo logic. Question is, was Obi popular at end of his term? The answer is a resounding YES. There is a reason no one is clamoring for Ngige or Obiano or other Anambra ex-govs to become president.
The major drain on Nigerian economy is cost of governance and Obi is the right man to fix it
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

You are obviously anti-Obi, only that you are couching it in pseudo logic. Question is, was Obi popular at end of his term? The answer is a resounding YES. There is a reason no one is clamoring for Ngige or Obiano or other Anambra ex-govs to become president.
The major drain on Nigerian economy is cost of governance and Obi is the right man to fix it

i am actually anti-everyone contesting because none of them is what Nigeria needs. As it is a discussion forum, i discuss real issues, not sentiments. Given the media hype on Obi, the reality show no justification and it portends dangers if he is president. Your dodging my question has nothing to do with logic but the truth. The truth is Obi was impeached as a governor. The truth is that he lost as an incumbent governor and had to go to court asking that his term was not complete before being reconsidered. The truth is that he was a PDP governor in his second term and up till a few weeks ago, but his party could not win an election but lost to Obiano's APGA.
Popularity is relative so i didn't ask that, i asked for clear evidence as the above.
The major drain on Nigeria's economy is a lack of vision. Obi can only fix himself, not Nigeria. He'll only tell us how he's not collecting salary (Buhari and GEJ already sold that to us while the rest of their cabinet are busy looting), or how he sacked all Aso Rock staff for his wife to handle the cooking and his son the gardening or how he and his family uses bicycle instead of plane. Those are acts of comedy and childishness not fit for a Nigerian president. He'll have so much opposition as not to be able to implement such comic acts on governance and will likely be impeached again because money is not flowing. That's part of the instability i refer to. He'll implode the economy and security by any unexperienced effort at mass sacking to save money.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by PoliteActivist: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2022
Image123:

i am actually anti-everyone contesting because none of them is what Nigeria needs. As it is a discussion forum, i discuss real issues, not sentiments. Given the media hype on Obi, the reality show no justification and it portends dangers if he is president. Your dodging my question has nothing to do with logic but the truth. The truth is Obi was impeached as a governor. The truth is that he lost as an incumbent governor and had to go to court asking that his term was not complete before being reconsidered. The truth is that he was a PDP governor in his second term and up till a few weeks ago, but his party could not win an election but lost to Obiano's APGA.
Popularity is relative so i didn't ask that, i asked for clear evidence as the above.
The major drain on Nigeria's economy is a lack of vision. Obi can only fix himself, not Nigeria. He'll only tell us how he's not collecting salary (Buhari and GEJ already sold that to us while the rest of their cabinet are busy looting), or how he sacked all Aso Rock staff for his wife to handle the cooking and his son the gardening or how he and his family uses bicycle instead of plane. Those are acts of comedy and childishness not fit for a Nigerian president. He'll have so much opposition as not to be able to implement such comic acts on governance and will likely be impeached again because money is not flowing. That's part of the instability i refer to. He'll implode the economy and security by any unexperienced effort at mass sacking to save money.

I don't know why you can't just concede an obvious FACT: Obi was popular at end of his term AND Obiano became governor entirely due to Obi's backing.

A major part of what a president does is be the symbolic motivating factor. In the case of Nigeria, the president has almost dictatorial powers. We copied American system but didn't copy the little checks and balances that keep the president in check. Do you know ONLY the president has command of legitimate arms in this country. He can decide to have security detail of a governor withdrawn. That's why I doubt Nigeria's powers that be can trust an Igbo with the presidency. Nigerian president's powers are too much. It is not like a governorship at all. A FRUGAL PRESIDENT CAN PRECIPITATE A LOT!!!
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Image123(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I don't know why you can't just concede an obvious FACT: Obi was popular at end of his term AND Obiano became governor entirely due to Obi's backing.

A major part of what a president does is be the symbolic motivating factor. In the case of Nigeria, the president has almost dictatorial powers. We copied American system but didn't copy the little checks and balances that keep the president in check. Do you know ONLY the president has command of legitimate arms in this country. He can decide to have security detail of a governor withdrawn. That's why I doubt Nigeria's powers that be can trust an Igbo with the presidency. Nigerian president's powers are too much. It is not like a governorship at all. A FRUGAL PRESIDENT CAN PRECIPITATE A LOT!!!

This is more of a tribally founded argument, have a good evening.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by PoliteActivist: 6:50pm On Jun 15, 2022
Image123:

This is more of a tribally founded argument, have a good evening.

I'm confused, how has tribe anything to do with anything I've said?? I wish they had nominated Osinbajo but as it stands now, we detribalized, patriotic, non-political Nigerians, our only choice is Mr. Peter Obi.
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by Olawalelotito(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why na
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by CheapHomes1: 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
BabaAgba79:

The way Buhari movement started in 2014. I warned people then that Buhar had no structure. People lost reason. They said Buhari would tackle corruption. He would fight insecurity and increase salaries. They said Buhari is mean and know how to save money bla bla bla...

Likewise, Peter Obi Movement has started same way! Obi is deceiving uuuuuuuuuuuuuu. No tree can build a forest! Obi had never built any structure on ground! He is a loner! He had not invested in men and women! Obi is not a leader. He has no followership. Asiwaju is the answer to Nigeria's prayer! He has his men on ground whom he can control. He has a master plan! Dont be blinded with hate! Atiku is another option except that North should not come back...

How is Tinubu the answer to Nigerias prayer? Is it the same Tinubu that told that buhari is the solution to Nigerias problems? Who are his men on ground who he can control? How does that make himthe answer to Nigerias prayer?
Re: Peter Obi's Hand Over Note To Willie Obiano by nesphil(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2023
Stop draggIng Akwa Ibom State into your dump and stup1d comparison,
else you'll be on the run at last.

Have you been to the Ibom Icon Hotel and Golf Resort before
And what makes you think that the Anambra Airport terminal building is better than the Interim terminal building at the Victor Attah international airport in Uyo?

That's the same way Njenje media went to Ebonyi and when he came back he start to talk nonsense about Akwa Ibom and Delta state, just because he saw low-budget colored riot kind of infrastructure there, and when I schooled him about Akwa Ibom since then he hasn't done any stup1d comparison again.

I believe that if you've been there you won't be doing this stup1d and dump comparison.
You guys should always try and say what you know or else focus on your state development and stop all these childish things.
if you come to the Akwa Ibom thread, you will never see any Akwa Ibom person talk about other states in a negative light or try to compare ok.

Cjrane2:
Obiano is 1,000,0000,000 times better than Peter Obi!

Peter Obi is a fraudulent HYPE!

Peter Obi supporters should STOP comparing him to Obiano because we all saw the 8 years tenure of both men and what they achieved! Peter Obi practically made noise for 8 years with ANIDS and achieved NOTHING tangible on the ground! While Obiano worked tirelessly to elevate the state to its current status as one of the fastest developing in the country!

Even comparing the QUALITY of Obiano's projects to the richest oil-producing states like Akwa Ibom, you'd thought Anambra was the oil-producing state and the others were not. Peter Obi should try his luck with becoming Nigerian president without trying to diminish Obiano. It is clear to even the blind that Obiano executed too many concrete HIGH QUALITY projects in Anambra. While Peter Obi cannot point to even a single high-quality project that he did!

Take a look at the Anambra workers secretariat that he built with billions of naira and compare it with the Enugu workers secretariat built in the same period with less funds to see what i mean!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aminu Yar’Adua Remanded In Yola Prison For Crushing Four To Death / Peter Obi Branded Phone Case (Pictured) / Residents Hail Aregbesola After Jumaat Prayers In Osun - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.