Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187673 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by talk2D: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
For me i claim the "God favour to all of you that applied"
@jenny
Thx
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by thekrafter(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
The chances of anyone winning is about 1-1.5%. So please, people, don't get your hopes up too much. All your crying, calling on God, and faith is not going to change anything. If you're lucky, good for you. If you're not, you can always try again.
So, when people say, "We all want it and we shall all get it in Jesus' name", I just laugh. grin How will everyone here get it? How?

Approximately 36 hours to go...

3 Likes

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2012
thekrafter: The chances of anyone winning is about 1-1.5%. So please, people, don't get your hopes up too much. All your crying, calling on God, and faith is not going to change anything. If you're lucky, good for you. If you're not, you can always try again.
So, when people say, "We all want it and we shall all get it in Jesus' name", I just laugh. grin How will everyone here get it? How?

yeah, exactly!
Pple just dey say God,God.....is it gonna chnge? If you were lucky dats for you, and if u weren't dats not da end of ur lyf cos is nt evryone living in Us make it,whereas,evry1 is hoping for succez at d end,,,so b calm,neva take hm for mind too much because of shock when u ddnt win!!!

Good luck sha'
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by meekmk(m): 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
worWORAWORD.... BUT A LIL PRAYER GOES A REALLY LONG WAY...
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2012
talk2D: For me i claim the "God favour to all of you that applied"
@jenny
Thx

You are welcome. Be positive, don't let anybody here dent your spirit. I believe if it yours you will get it. Staying positive in life no matter what goes a long way.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by thekrafter(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
meekmk: worWORAWORD.... BUT A LIL PRAYER GOES A REALLY LONG WAY...

OK. So have you prayed a little? Does that mean you will/won't get it?

jennykadry:

You are welcome. Be positive, don't let anybody here dent your spirit. I believe if it yours you will get it. Staying positive in life no matter what goes a long way.

So how does one know if it belongs to one, BEFORE the result comes out?
It's better to feel bad now, or feel nothing now, and be pleasantly surprised when the results come out, than to be hopeful and dreaming dreams and seeing visions now, only for your hopes and dreams to be dashed to pieces after the selection ends.
All I'm saying is people should have realistic expectations. It is very unlikely that any given person will be selected.

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2012
meekmk: worWORAWORD.... BUT A LIL PRAYER GOES A REALLY LONG WAY...

Remain positive in life. Nothing dents my spirit when I want something. I remember applying for something at work and I informed everyone to do same, a colleague of mine said something, he was like " don't you think telling everyone to apply for this thing is limiting and reducing your chances of getting it?" my reply was " what is mine, is mine and if God sees me worthy of having it, I will get even amongst a million". Was I the only one that got it? Yes, did i come to nairaland to thank God about it? Yes. My parents have always taught to be positive in life no matter whatever situation I find myself and I have never regretted heeding to that advise

Like I said earlier, I don't like the US and can never live there but I wish you all Gods favour
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nery4u(m): 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
Pls am new in this trend. Am one of dv 2012 lucky winner and my interview comes up by june. I filled couple. Pls what are d necesary document i will have to present and the likely question to be expected in order to be succesful. Thanks alot for the help
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2012
thekrafter:

OK. So have you prayed a little? Does that mean you will/won't get it?

So how does one know if it belongs to one, BEFORE the result comes out?
It's better to feel bad now, or feel nothing now, and be pleasantly surprised when the results come out, than to be hopeful and dreaming dreams and seeing visions now, only for your hopes and dreams to be dashed to pieces after the selection ends.
All I'm saying is people should have realistic expectations. It is very unlikely that any given person will be selected.

True talk,
feel nothing and keep away anxious....
Gud luck!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by meekmk(m): 10:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
Yes I ahve prayed, and that really changes nothing, if i win, i win, and if i don't all join.. at least i''m still in the university here... SO?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
thekrafter: The chances of anyone winning is about 1-1.5%. So please, people, don't get your hopes up too much. All your crying, calling on God, and faith is not going to change anything. If you're lucky, good for you. If you're not, you can always try again.

Guy the bible said ask and u shall be given, knock and the door shall be open ,prayer change things and people change things above all with prayer everything are possible.if it is ur turn to win or be selected if u did'nt pray well some prayer worrior migth grap ur chance i believe so much in prayer my friend. WORK AND PRAY I WISH ALL OF US GOODLUK.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by talk2D: 4:42am On Apr 30, 2012
For me,I will testify in Jesus name.so far what is not possible became possible with Jesus name.
You know now,i recommend this Motivational site www.briankim.net i guess it will change your life in a big way.Best true talks.Try to visit and read just 1 post i bet you'll won't leave till you finish everything if possible.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by meekmk(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2012
well, visited the site, and didn't even read 1 post before i got bored.. So .. ROTFL
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ramalot(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2012
nery4u: Pls am new in this trend. Am one of dv 2012 lucky winner and my interview comes up by june. I filled couple. Pls what are d necesary document i will have to present and the likely question to be expected in order to be succesful. Thanks alot for the help

Honestly dude? you're still asking such questions when your interview is around the corner? especially filing as a couple.

Go through the entire thread from page 1 i'm sure u'll find ur answers, if not check this thread here:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?322102-Dv-2011-winners-from-nigeria-report-here
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by DonDiara(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Don Diara: Hello house, due to lack of experience i registered the DV lottery 2013 as a graduate when i was still in my 400L 2nd semester. Please i need to know how this will affect me and what i need to do to avert denial of visa if i am selected as a winner. Your sincere response will be appreciated.

I am still waiting for your honest answer.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by angeldivine(f): 7:44am On Apr 30, 2012
@temmytanny thanks a lot for posting your interview experience it really helped during our own. My husband and I have done our first and second interview and all went well its over a week now and they have not contacted us we were told they might pay us a visit at home or call as at night but they haven't I want to know if they truly pay couples visit or call and how long can it take them before they contact us. Please house help us with your views.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ramalot(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2012
Speech:
Now i know these are anxious times for a lot of you. My post however, goes out to those who will be selected tomorrow.
If you are not selected, life goes on. Apply again.
If you are selected, they have done their part, now it is left to you to do yours.
If you are opportune to get an interview, and are refused a visa; IT IS YOUR FAULT.

To this end, i implore you to have a back up for every requirement possible.
For instance, even if you have an original birth certificate, go ahead and obtain an 'Attestation of birth' from the 'National population council' as well.
DO NOT wait for the last minute to obtain ANY document. You will regret it, so save yourself the pain.

BE PREPARED to answer any academic question related to your documents. If you're presenting an SSCE result, you are almost sure to be asked something from your highest performing grade.
DO NOT take this for granted. On the day of my interview, a lady was denied her visa for this. I listened to the entire conversation.
She had a high grade on her mathematics, so the interviewer(a lady also) wrote down a math problem and asked her to solve it. She couldn't. The interviewer told her there is no way she could score an A in maths and be unable to solve this. She was denied instantly for that.

The burden of proof of your document is on YOU. Funny as you might think it sounds, but YOU MUST STUDY ACADEMICALLY FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. I guarantee i could have aced a NASA entry test at that time with the amount of preparation i had. Not that it was the end of the world, but 'if it's worth doing, then do it well' and leave no holes unplugged.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2012
Who so ever that says prayer doesnt counts is talking BU.LLSH.IT. I was about stoping the Dv application in 2010 after many attempts but my wife(being spiritual)told me to try it for last time. I followed her instruction and applied. When the results in May was cancelled, she told me it was cancelled becos our names werent taken. I just waved her statement aside cos i never checked the result. In july,she reminded me to check that one of the people i did for will win,i checked and discovered only me won out of about 10 people i helped to apply. I had zero kobo in my account and was so worried how to get almost 600k to execute the whole project. she and my mum said we should be prayerful that help will come where i least expect it. I struggled to do medical,passports for her and my baby,police reports etc. 8 days to my interview,i had zero kobo in my account. i told me wife and mum that i will post pone it a day before the interview,they rejected my plan saying the interview date is ours and no going back.I just laughed at both of them cos i just couldnt imagine where i would get 405k for visa(then it was $2457 at N165-$1). just 5 days before the interview,a friend called me and ask how far, i told him no money and he gave N250k. Another person sent 150k to me from my home town two days before the day. I honored the interview date and here i am smiling in the goodness of the Lord.
All these were as a result of prayers,fasting and believe.
As am talking to you now,no money for ticket but have told GOd i want to book my tickets before of may ending,am very sure he wont fail me.
Every month, i keep telling God to do something new for me and he hasnt failed me since i got closed to him.

IF YOU BELIEVE,YOU WILL ACHIEVE!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ramalot(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2012
temmytanny: Who so ever that says prayer doesnt counts is talking BU.LLSH.IT. I was about stoping the Dv application in 2010 after many attempts but my wife(being spiritual)told me to try it for last time. I followed her instruction and applied. When the results in May was cancelled, she told me it was cancelled becos our names werent taken. I just waved her statement aside cos i never checked the result. In july,she reminded me to check that one of the people i did for will win,i checked and discovered only me won out of about 10 people i helped to apply. I had zero kobo in my account and was so worried how to get almost 600k to execute the whole project. she and my mum said we should be prayerful that help will come where i least expect it. I struggled to do medical,passports for her and my baby,police reports etc. 8 days to my interview,i had zero kobo in my account. i told me wife and mum that i will post pone it a day before the interview,they rejected my plan saying the interview date is ours and no going back.I just laughed at both of them cos i just couldnt imagine where i would get 405k for visa(then it was $2457 at N165-$1). just 5 days before the interview,a friend called me and ask how far, i told him no money and he gave N250k. Another person sent 150k to me from my home town two days before the day. I honored the interview date and here i am smiling in the goodness of the Lord.
As am talking to you now,no money for ticket but have told GOd i want to book my tickets before of may ending,am very sure he wont fail me.
Every month, i keep telling God to do something new for me and he hasnt failed me since i got closed to him.

This thread is not about what role god plays in this process. Further debate about that among you guys will amount to nothing, as neither party will give in. All that will be achieved is a derailed thread. This thread is meant for informational benefit. Whatever inspires one to cope with the process is entirely one's prerogative. Please let's limit the interaction to the original intention of the thread. Thank you.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:44am On Apr 30, 2012
Thank you for ur comment,am not here to derail anything but inform people on how to win.I wont be happy to read posts that demoralize people
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Mavor: 8:59am On Apr 30, 2012
ramalot:

This thread is not about what role god plays in this process. Further debate about that among you guys will amount to nothing, as neither party will give in. All that will be achieved is a derailed thread. This thread is meant for informational benefit. Whatever inspires one to cope with the process is entirely one's prerogative. Please let's limit the interaction to the original intention of the thread. Thank you.
You have a point but nothing should stop someone from motivating another person. Yes America is the coolest place to be. Information is key, but so also is motivation, cos it breeds confidence. With motivation, faith and information, you can achieve a lot in life. Be steadfast in the Lord and you shall be triumphant. I wish my DV-2013 brothers and sisters good luck tomorrow May 1st. Unfortunately, I have lost my confirmation number. I believe my time will come soon.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Ibadiarann(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Bussyme:

5pm nigeria time, checkng site wil be available.

Many Thanks.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ramalot(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2012
Don Diara: Hello house, due to lack of experience i registered the DV lottery 2013 as a graduate when i was still in my 400L 2nd semester. Please i need to know how this will affect me and what i need to do to avert denial of visa if i am selected as a winner. Your sincere response will be appreciated.

Considering you were in 2nd semester 400L then, i'm guessing you must have rounded up shortly after. In my opinion, it should not be a deal breaker if you rounded up shortly after. But that's just my opinion.

The lesson to others here is to be very honest in all your documentation (naija n 'sharpness'). Being a graduate does not increase your chances of selection at application stage. I bet you thought otherwise, prompting you to fill it as you did. The cold truth is, if you are denied for that reason, it is entirely your fault. If you are selected, DO NOT even think for a second to alter any dates to compensate. You might as well save yourself the trouble because you will be denied if you do so. Once again, it shouldn't be a deal breaker so i wouldn't worry about it. But first things first, check your result. GOOD LUCK.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by dridowu: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2012
temmytanny: Who so ever that says prayer doesnt counts is talking BU.LLSH.IT. I was about stoping the Dv application in 2010 after many attempts but my wife(being spiritual)told me to try it for last time. I followed her instruction and applied. When the results in May was cancelled, she told me it was cancelled becos our names werent taken. I just waved her statement aside cos i never checked the result. In july,she reminded me to check that one of the people i did for will win,i checked and discovered only me won out of about 10 people i helped to apply. I had zero kobo in my account and was so worried how to get almost 600k to execute the whole project. she and my mum said we should be prayerful that help will come where i least expect it. I struggled to do medical,passports for her and my baby,police reports etc. 8 days to my interview,i had zero kobo in my account. i told me wife and mum that i will post pone it a day before the interview,they rejected my plan saying the interview date is ours and no going back.I just laughed at both of them cos i just couldnt imagine where i would get 405k for visa(then it was $2457 at N165-$1). just 5 days before the interview,a friend called me and ask how far, i told him no money and he gave N250k. Another person sent 150k to me from my home town two days before the day. I honored the interview date and here i am smiling in the goodness of the Lord.

Anytime i read ur post am always happy and these gives me the courage that something gr8 will happen either am selected or not but am hoping for d best for ds DV 2013. One love bro
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by lekanboy(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
everyone in this thread have tried. i really appreciate your info and concern about fellow brothers and sisters to be successful. may God help everyone of us. wishing u guy Best Luckyyyyyy
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by busayodot: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2012

I believe and identify with your believe. I had a similar experience:
I had earlier stopped playing the lottery, a friend in the US then came around and stayed with me all through encouraging me to put in for it that ppl keep winning it. So I did in 2010 and played it for all around me to increase the odd. This time I prayed for favour especially for my Sis who just became a widow and we all had to keep encouraging her. When the result came out I didn't check because I had forgotten. It was in October last year that I decided to check and found out that of all I registered for about 5, she was the only winner. Now on her passport and that of her son, there was a challenge of the surname change with no paper to back it up with the exception of my little niece. We had to go to Abuja in November for the change, this took forever and even got me scared to check for the interview date knowing there were no passports for the two. I decided checking on feb 13 and found out interview was 23rd, now there was no cash and I could not raise the amount for the three in Ten days plus there were no passports. It was a miracle as a family friend just heard and helped with most of the finances. We spent over 300k on passports alone (transportation to Abj 2times not inclusive). The friend then asked me of the visa fee, I told him I'm looking to complete it, he smiled and asked me to come the next day for the balance and at this time I had no cash anymore and my sister was on her way back from Abuja rejoicing after so long she got the passports. On getting to the friend, he gave me a cheque of an amount that would cover the visa fee as well as the medicals, she went for Medicals on 20th and interview on 23rd. Now I owe no one and know I'll get the flight fee by next month May.

WHY WON'T I BELIEVE IN GOD? IS THIS NOT A MIRACLE?

Temmytanny, I blieve in God so much and know nothing in this life happens by chance. So if you believe declare the Words and have faith. You can change anything.

Warm Regards

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ogapelumi(m): 1:04pm On Apr 30, 2012
God knows the way more than us, i wish all we dv2013 applicants an excellent result wit great testimony at the end of the process.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2012
There is God people. HE does things in his own way.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pator(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thx all for your valuable contribution in this thread of hope. Certainly not all of us might win but there is absolutely no crime in having hope and faith and make your confession. If in case you don't win tomorrow know for sure it is not because God did not answer ur prayer maybe He knows this is not the best time for u to go or He might have a better plan for you, so there shouldn't be any regret. Meanwhile, I have a question for Temmy and other experience guys in the house, like approximately how many months does it take to be invited for interview when you win. Because I'm surprised some 2012 winners are still doing interview. Am preparing my docs already because my name is there already and I will be the first to testify here tomorrow. Thx all

1 Like

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by thekrafter(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
pator: Thx all for your valuable contribution in this thread of hope. Certainly not all of us might win but there is absolutely no crime in having hope and faith and make your confession. If in case you don't win tomorrow know for sure it is not because God did not answer ur prayer maybe He knows this is not the best time for u to go or He might have a better plan for you, so there shouldn't be any regret. Meanwhile, I have a question for Temmy and other experience guys in the house, like approximately how many months does it take to be invited for interview when you win. Because I'm surprised some 2012 winners are still doing interview. Am preparing my docs already because my name is there already and I will be the first to testify here tomorrow. Thx all

grin I like your confidence and wish you the best. However...
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by ebykings(f): 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2012
wilson007: What a powerful trend!!!! Nice success stories..Whewwwww, may 1st here we come. With the power of the holy ghost and blood of jesus over us... US I see u In Jesus Name grin. Naira land get ready for our own sucess story soon!!!!

Amen!!!!
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Bussyme(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2012
24 hrs to check DV2013 online. God ans ur children o

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (92)

Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.