Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... (637 Views)

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong, But Somehow, We Lost (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by vickybby(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
An adage said:" To be forewarned is to forearmed." MY SAD EXPERIENCE. Just on the 8th of june this month, at exactly 10pm,was about retiring to bed,decided to thorough check door/windows for security safety, suddenly, the rains. For past 20mins,the showers were steady,until the rhythming suddenly increased without the usal wind storm,what came next was daffen thunder bolt,so loud,to distrupt my daughter's sleep. Before the rain,we had 4day black out and the next day,light was restored and to my dismay,we discovered all the gadgetry electronics are all gone,despite that the building has a thunder arrester installed. To all Nairalander,reaching you from southeast,kindly note,as the rains sets in,and as no one knows the rains that comes with thunder,kindly make sure all appliances are swtiched off and unpluged from the sockets to avoid my kind of awful experiece,even the same was reported in the neighbourhood. We are much closer to the season, always be at ALERT!.

1 Like

Re: Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by Kirkman: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
Sorry for the awful experience bro. Lost my laptop the same way in a building without a lightning arrestor and Nepa was busy shining light grin. Thunder struck the metal roof the thing nackana my laptop wetin no good at all.
Imagine Nepa light + thunder electrodes passing through a socket. Na double voltage be that.
Re: Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by vickybby(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kirkman:
Sorry for the awful experience bro. Lost my laptop the same way in a building without a lightning arrestor and Nepa was busy shining light grin. Thunder struck the metal roof the thing nackana my laptop wetin no good at all.
Imagine Nepa light + thunder electrodes passing through a socket. Na double voltage be that.
What i really don't understand was despite the black out,thunder lightening went through the sockets,damaging the sound system,charging units and equally an android phone....so so painful. However if you have alerted us,somehow,you would save me this huge lost.
Re: Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by d3cod3r(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
If you don't have a lightening arrestor installed always ensure your devices are unplugged during storms. Especially when going out.

3 Likes

Re: Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by Kirkman: 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
vickybby:
What i really don't understand was despite the black out,thunder lightening went through the sockets,damaging the sound system,charging units and equally an android phone....so so painful. However if you have alerted us,somehow,you would save me this huge lost.
Your building doesn't have a lightening arrestor period. That's how the lightning was able to go through the sockets. A building with lightning arestor will deflect the thunder away from causing harm to plugged-in appliances. d3cod3r has said it all.
Re: Bewarned: How We Lost Phones/gadgetry... by vickybby(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kirkman:

Your building doesn't have a lightening arrestor period. That's how the lightning was able to go through the sockets. A building with lightning arestor will deflect the thunder away from causing harm to plugged-in appliances. d3cod3r has said it all.
How do one explain the case of a coconut trees with full butch that was equally affected by same thunder bolt? As of time of posting, the nuts are fallen off interval.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A New Tecno Spark 7pro In Onitsha / Iphone SE 1st Gen For Sale / I Need A Usa Number For Something Legit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.