Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared (919 Views)

I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Peter532: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
A friend of mine called me this evening that his mother just died, I felt bad for him not because of his late parent but how he was going to bury her because he is the only child. this a guy that squat with me last month, common to afford 1 square meal he can't. he called me last week for urgent 5h.. so I Just started wondering i myself no difference from him.

and I have so many old people related to me, my wife father and mother are age. her Grand mother is 90 or more.
I still have my age father who just clicked 86 last month.
what of my mother?

this has really got me worried, God forbid something to happen.
where money go dey to finance matters like this.

so dear nairalanders has issues like this ever bothered you?

Seun
lalasticlala
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Mariangeles(f): 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
E go pay you to go start to dey hustle.
If you get hustle, double am. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Urheadmaster(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
I have several old people around me.

As old as Tinubu who still want to rule Nigeria by all means.

I never let that to bother me angry

I am not God.

I do according to my strength.

Whatever the out come, i take it the way it comes undecided.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Acidosis(m): 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Issues like that don't bother me. I'm more concerned about giving them the best while they're still alive. The only thing you can do for the dead is to bury them. So make sure you celebrate your parents before they leave this world. This is the best thing you can do. At 80 years, you can't afford to postpone this act of kindness. Birthdays are a perfect time to celebrate the living. Buy Papa and mama a big cake. Get them their favourite drinks. Even if it's coke or Fanta. Don't mind the so called sugar. At 80 years, there's nothing to worry about.

Whatever you do on a burial ceremony (or funeral as you people call it) is totally and completely worthless to the so called celebrants.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by izzou(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
You are bothered because you intend to organize the funeral like carnival

Maybe if you get their church members to sing hymns, pray and bury them, you will feel much better

1 Like

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by JovialJune(f): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
My Dad's elder brother died two months ago, and we are burying him 23rd and 24th of this month, the burial ceremony expenses and Aso-ebi bruhaha made me realize my dad is really aged, but I thank God every blessed day that my parents don't have those funny ailments attached to old age, 100% clean health, I just thank God.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by TheKrakon: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ogar, better they find way to disown them
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Peter532: 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
izzou:
You are bothered because you intend to organize the funeral like carnival

Maybe if you get their church members to sing hymns, pray and bury them, you will feel much better
too bad some of you cant understand simple situations, but always rush to comment.
someone like me that can hardly fend for my family wanting to do a burial carnival?
sense dey this your post so
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Peter532: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Acidosis:
Issues like that don't bother me. I'm more concerned about giving them the best while they're still alive. The only thing you can do for the dead is to bury them. So make sure you celebrate your parents before they leave this world. This is the best thing you can do. At 80 years, you can't afford to postpone this act of kindness. Birthdays are a perfect time to celebrate the living. Buy Papa and mama a big cake. Get them their favourite drinks. Even if it's coke or Fanta. Don't mind the so called sugar. At 80 years, there's nothing to worry about.

Whatever you do on a burial ceremony (or funeral as you people call it) is totally and completely worthless to the so called celebrants.

same here, I do what I can for for my parents and her parents.
I don't fail that.. but people like us that are living in the street thing's are not funny o.
not everyone can afford 2square me talkless a birthday bash.
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by izzou(m): 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Peter532:
too bad some of you cant understand simple situations, but always rush to comment.
someone like me that can hardly fend for my family wanting to do a burial carnival?
sense dey this your post so

I don't care if you haven't eaten since January..

Why are you bothered because of the aged ones around you? Money issues baa.?

If you like don't cut your coat according to your size. Do asoebi and feed people for 3 days
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by AjiBussu(m): 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Oya start hustling, delay is dangerous grin
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by emmanuelbrown26: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Somebody asked a question, h u guys started telling him to go and double his hustle.
And I ask, what kind of hustle do u guys suggest for him to do
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Reinamaria(f): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
Somebody asked a question, h u guys started telling him to go and double his hustle.
And I ask, what kind of hustle do u guys suggest for him to do

Legit hustle.
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by emmanuelbrown26: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Reinamaria:

Legit hustle.
I know legit hustle, like what and what, bcs u can't be telling him to go and hustle without mentioning a particular hustle.
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by AllBlack: 2:51am On Jun 14, 2022
TheKrakon:
Ogar, better they find way to disown them

many weyrey dey this forum i swear grin
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by bummyla(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
I can relate! Both my parents are in their 80s, very close, I know both of them will likely go at the same time, thats the reason why I refused to be transferred out of my Church to another Parish, I just want to stay, where help will come, just incase it happens, sooner than I expected.

Peter532:
A friend of mine called me this evening that his mother just died, I felt bad for him not because of his late parent but how he was going to bury her because he is the only child. this a guy that squat with me last month, common to afford 1 square meal he can't. he called me last week for urgent 5h.. so I Just started wondering i myself no difference from him.

and I have so many old people related to me, my wife father and mother are age. her Grand mother is 90 or more.
I still have my age father who just clicked 86 last month.
what of my mother?

this has really got me worried, God forbid something to happen.
where money go dey to finance matters like this.

so dear nairalanders has issues like this ever bothered you?

Seun
lalasticlala
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by MufasaLion: 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I know legit hustle, like what and what, bcs u can't be telling him to go and hustle without mentioning a particular hustle.

There are many things he can do. If he's a graduate, he can venture into his field, if it's practical. Although, he can acquire skills also.

Most important thing is that momey should be available to make it easier.
Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Ishilove: 10:53am On Jul 03, 2022
My parents are under 70, and even if they were, I'm more focused on making their old age sweet and comfortable. Don't let things that you have no control over bother you. When it happens, do wetin you fit afford but the most important thing is giving them the best on their old age. Death happens once, but life? You see life, it flows continuously until it stops so focus on life and think not of death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Drfernandez(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2022
Ishilove:
My parents are under 70, and even if they were, I'm more focused on making their old age sweet and comfortable. Don't let things that you have no control over bother you. When it happens, do wetin you fit afford but the most important thing is giving them in the best on their old age. Death happens once, but life? You see life, it flows continuously until it stops so focus on life and think not of death.

If truly they are under 70, let's say 68 and 65 for your father and mother respectively, and given that you are almost 43, it means your mother married around 22 and this, by extension, means that you ought to have at least a 20 years child had it been that you followed your mother's good footsteps, or even if you had mind to keep the ones that entered by error. Anyway, I pray that God will answer your prayer for a husband very soon.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by ZipporahMoses(f): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Acidosis:

God bless you for this. May wisdom never elude you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Ishilove: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2022
Drfernandez:

If truly they are under 70, let's say 68 and 65 for your father and mother respectively, and given that you are almost 43, it means your mother married around 22 and this, by extension, means that you ought to have at least a 20 years child had it been that you followed your mother's good footsteps, or even if you had mind to keep the ones that entered by error. Anyway, I pray that God will answer your prayer for a husband very soon.

May God heal you of the misery you are experiencing in your life that is making you come to the internet to disgrace your lineage. Your parents think they have a son whom they invested their money to train. If only they knew the tragic truth.

Very, very unfortunate

6 Likes

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by pocohantas(f): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter532:
same here, I do what I can for for my parents and her parents.
I don't fail that.. but people like us that are living in the street thing's are not funny o.
not everyone can afford 2square me talkless a birthday bash.

Your worries are genuine. I totally understand them.

1 Like

Re: How Many Old People Do You Have In Your Family? I'm Scared by Drfernandez(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Ishilove:

May God heal you of the misery you are experiencing in your life that is making you come to the internet to disgrace your lineage. Your parents think they have a son whom they invested their money to train. If only they knew the tragic truth.

Very, very unfortunate

I don't think I did anything wrong wishing you good.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Things Going Bad For Me. / Can Court Give Me Custody Of My Son ? / Seeking A Virtuous Woman According To Proverbs 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.