Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,733 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:42 PM

Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison (40179 Views)

Idris Ahmed: Court Grants Bail To Suspended Accountant-General, Co-Defendants / Sowore, Co-Defendants Have Met Bail Conditions, Will Be Freed Today- Falana / Ifeanyi Ejiofor Hosts Nnamdi Kanu's Co-defendants Released From Kuje Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Vladm(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
If u read am well you go see say na only 2 years dem go serve , starting from the day of the arrest
saxietohgbaskie:
Just 6 years for drugs?
How about the main man. 7 years abiii
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2022
saxietohgbaskie:
Just 6 years for drugs?

They actually got 2 years.

They entered a plea-bargain. They confessed and provided evidence to nail the bigger fish: Kyari.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by shortIGBOman: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Unruly7:
And what of abba kyri

Abba Kyari is innocent. Northerner no dey do crime.

Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Mrexcell(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice one next is kyari and his boys.

Monitize ur browser and start earning dollars daily for browsing the internet join $5B sales a new revolulational site that's was launched early this year.

Daily login bonus = $1.1
Per invite = $100

Contact me with this WhatsApp number below for all the details.
090 5884 6849
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by prophetfire: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeyumez:
I don't understand because the normal procedure in military which i believe is also applicable to Police and other para-military agencies is that the accused person will first face orderly room trial or panel and if found guilty will be dismissed and handed over for prosecution.

In the case of Abakyari nothing like such took place except written suspension from Police high command instead of PSC.
Does it mean they can come come back to the police after less than 3 years in prison?
. Go and read well and understand before you comment.
Abba Kyari and his fellow police officers have not been tried. It's the civilian drug traffickers among them that were tried and given short jail terms due to plea bargain deal.
Kyari and his men won't join in the short jail terms. They would face trial and be punished severly if they are found guilty.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by prophetfire: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2022
Cantonese:
Ahhhhhhh.

Like joke, like joke, see as Abba Kyari go take go jail for Nigeria for two to four years.
Una no dey read? Abi una no dey fit comprehend?
Na wa.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Bbbw: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Govocrete: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2022
To the learned among us, after serving the jail term, will him be extradited to the United States to clear his name?
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by OLANIYIPETER: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
Unruly7:
And what of abba kyri

You didn't read the post.
His own case along with other officers will come up next month 17 - 20th.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by OLANIYIPETER: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeyumez:
I don't understand because the normal procedure in military which i believe is also applicable to Police and other para-military agencies is that the accused person will first face orderly room trial or panel and if found guilty will be dismissed and handed over for prosecution.

In the case of Abakyari nothing like such took place except written suspension from Police high command instead of PSC.
Does it mean they can come come back to the police after less than 3 years in prison?
You didn't read the post. He has not been sentenced.
His own case along with other officers will come up next month 17 - 20th.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Lightorder: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
He will still be released and promoted when the time comes
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Alusiizizi(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
saxietohgbaskie:
Just 6 years for drugs?

Actually its 2 years total. Two years for each for the 3 counts to run concurrently equals 2 years and not 6. The thread title is a bit misleading.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
With all the english that the court Judge said, the duo of drug smugglers will only Two years in prison because the jailed term of six (6) years will be serve concurrently.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ok
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by PlaYaJones: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
BigYash:
He is a northerner. He is above the law. Magu was on suspension, he was still receiving salary. In suspension he got promoted ,and finally retired. So,what are we not saying. This super cop will retire just like magu.They will even promote him before he retires..

So you sayin Northern hausa men like yor yansh pass IBO men?,,,I disagree sir. wot about white men? angry
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Popesuccess(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeyumez:

you didn't read the post. The people convicted were the civilian partners of Abba kyari and co. They agreed to become witness against Abba Kyari and co. that Is why they got just 2 years. And if Abba kyari and co are convicted, they will definately be dismissed.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by gracealonev: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Evolutionlove:
Lol Audio Sentencing..grin

Malami would arrange presidential pardon for them next year.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Coldie(m): 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Y are they yet to seize his assets till now, I thought normally they seize assets of drug dealers and fraudsters after they are caught
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by RadleyLC(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeyumez:

A little sniffing, you might find out he's still on NPFs payroll or probably lined up for pension. And not being dismissed was actually a foresighted move.

Who knows, a lawyer might just come up and say since he was not handed over for prosecution BLA BLA BLA, he shouldn't have been in court in the first place.

At times I'm just of the opinion that we just don't know anything.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by grandlexuz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
In reality the only get to serve two years cos the sentence charge run concurrently..
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Cajal(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Unruly7:
And what of abba kyri
Life imprisonment
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Oppy2k2: 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
I guess Abba kyari own na jungle justice.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by pfadom: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
Even if they sentence Abba Kyari to one week imprisonment, he would remain an ex-convict, lose his job and go to answer for his involvement with Hushpuppi.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by pacespot(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Abba iyari, the tailor, den never take this guy to USA
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Abokilongthing: 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Just for him not to visit America lol America will wait for him 6 years case nor da close for America
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by SonOfTheRisingS: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
They are on the six years under covert operations to stop IPOB. Who told you fulani authority will lock up their men.

If truly they are sent to prison, install GPS on them for us to know their updates

Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by SonOfTheRisingS: 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
grin
And how about the main man? execution right? grin

He is in under covert operations the East to stop ESN and IPOB from restoring Biafra Republic.

Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by merits(m): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
okeyumez:

No he can't but they can codedly put everything into retirement for him.So after jailed terms everything goes as a retired officer.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Poleski: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Abba Kyari may not go to jail. Mark my word! The North protects its criminals.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Cocking: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2022
grin
God have mercy
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by Psoul(m): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2022
Reallysimple:
Just six years

Running concurrently means they will only serve prison term of 2 years.
By this time 2024, they are already long free from prisons.
Re: Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison by oneman11(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2022
okeyumez:

You are absolutely right, there is an unknown script playing out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayo Onanuga: Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Mr. Peter Obi Is Worthless / How Can One Legally Own Fire Arm In Nigeria? / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.