Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds (113290 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari As A Tennis Player In The 70s / Throwback Photo Of Bukola Saraki & His Dad In The 60s / Pictures Of Ibadan In The 60s (from Skyscraper City) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2011
DAMN nigeria used to be developed, wth happened?? angry angry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2011
naijababe:

For a 45 year old woman, you dey fall hand abeg  tongue

Na joke nau. I just wanted to withdraw some info from una grin
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ok what of Bata  grin I remember my first Cortina over size shoe  grin

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2011
Katsina WTC (Women Teachers' College) 1978

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by tpia5: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
DAMN nigeria used to be developed, wth happened??

nobody knows.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
Katsina WTC (Women Teachers' College)e Dancing

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by apoti(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
Good old days enjoying beer after working  wink

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Katsina WTC (Women Teachers' College)e Dancing
They llook like Ekiti dancers to me. The horse tail, beads, white attire etc.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by samstradam: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2011
Great Thread!!!!!!!!

Most young ones here will wonder how the people who witnessed and saw such beauty could allow their fathers compound to be the laughing stock of all nations.

God will forgive, but the question is will anyone else?
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
Katsina WTC (Women Teachers' College) Dancing

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
You sure remember Bazooka chewing Gum

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

You sure remember Bazooka chewing Gum

Loved them, but those were in the 90s.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2011
Katsina

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by armyofone(m): 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
more pix pls
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by kq(m): 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds
« #168 on: Today at 06:49:28 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Ileke-IdI on Today at 06:44:05 PM

Have you started again? Behave yourself.

No I have not started. I was asking a question. You behave yourself.  

@Ileke-Idi and EzeUche 3 gbosas for both of you lovely pics if you have any recent ones dating to the 1980s pls lets see them. This is the kind of threads we should have because i think it will definitely make we, the modern naijans think and ask ourselves where are we coming from and where we are going. As regards EzeUches question dont lets get worked up on that he asked a good question and their are a lot of writings as regards the build of politics that led to the first which assert the happenings in the "Wild Wild West" of then as one of the causes of creating a heated polity now this may beopened to arguement but there are facts and stories of what happened in the West then. Like the Yorubas would say "Aroba ni baba itan" politics even then was dirty and violent. The only answer i can give to those asking what went wrong is this- we the people went wrong not just the leaders and it is still happening and very visible even on Nairaland, almost every thread degenerates to a tribal bashing thread.

All things said i am happy and impressed with both of you guys you have brought up beautiful pics to make even the unborn Nigerian child reminisce lets leave ethnicity aside and appreciate ourselves as Nigerians. Because when you look at it every Nigerian ethnicity has a hand in all the problems we seem to have as a country dividing Nigeria will only make the problem localized not go away.

Big ups to you guys Naija o ni baje oo
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
Katsina WTC

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Said who? that was a re-mix, Bazooka, goody goody and simple blue band  grin my dad had a provision store in the 70's and sure I remembered selling them. let me look for the Blue band picture
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Fhemmmy: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2011
So what went wrong?
if Nigeria was like this in those donkeys year, when we dont even worth much and we never knew much, what happened?
Where did we go wrong?
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

For where? Last time i saw bazooka was in 1986 or thereabout

Yoru_Igbo:

Ok what of Bata  grin I remember my first Cortina over size shoe  grin

Cortina shoes!!!! Damn, I looked forward to a new session just because of those shoes  grin
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by apoti(m): 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2011
PROFESSOR PELLER AND LADY PELLER (1969)
Folorusho Abiola a.k.a. Professor Peller (1941-1997) was a popular professional magician.

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by tpia5: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2011
apoti:

PROFESSOR PELLER AND LADY PELLER (1969)
Folorusho Abiola a.k.a. Professor Peller (1941-1997) was a popular professional magician.

I met Prof Peller in 1980, he came to our house in Ikare Ondo State
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
See Key Soap

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by tpia5: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
blue band:
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2011
tpia@:

blue band:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-hTqpk-wlWUg/TacCUfBh2DI/AAAAAAAAAG4/lRtJAMN0vvE/s1600/blue_band.jpg[/img]
Tpia, you too much, I raise yansh for you grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by armyofone(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
brb
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by EzeUche(m): 7:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
LET US BLAME OIL!

Oil has been a curse for Nigeria. It has made the people lazy!
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by apoti(m): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2011
EzeUche:

LET US BLAME OIL!

Oil has been a curse for Nigeria. It has made the people lazy!

Gbam!
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by tpia5: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Tpia, you too much, I raise yansh for you grin cheesy

i was looking for a better picture but couldnt find one.

these things are supposed to be archived by some organization.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by kulutempa: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2011
kq:

Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds
« #168 on: Today at 06:49:28 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Ileke-IdI on Today at 06:44:05 PM

Have you started again? Behave yourself.

No I have not started. I was asking a question. You behave yourself.  

@Ileke-Idi and EzeUche 3 gbosas for both of you lovely pics if you have any recent ones dating to the 1980s pls lets see them. This is the kind of threads we should have because i think it will definitely make we, the modern naijans think and ask ourselves where are we coming from and where we are going. As regards EzeUches question dont lets get worked up on that he asked a good question and their are a lot of writings as regards the build of politics that led to the first which assert the happenings in the "Wild Wild West" of then as one of the causes of creating a heated polity now this may beopened to arguement but there are facts and stories of what happened in the West then. Like the Yorubas would say "Aroba ni baba itan" politics even then was dirty and violent. The only answer i can give to those asking what went wrong is this- we the people went wrong not just the leaders and it is still happening and very visible even on Nairaland, almost every thread degenerates to a tribal bashing thread.

All things said i am happy and impressed with both of you guys you have brought up beautiful pics to make even the unborn Nigerian child reminisce lets leave ethnicity aside and appreciate ourselves as Nigerians. Because when you look at it every Nigerian ethnicity has a hand in all the problems we seem to have as a country dividing Nigeria will only make the problem localized not go away.

Big ups to you guys Naija o ni baje oo

@kq, thank you very much. Your words give me hope that all is not lost for Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by YoruIgbo(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2011
let me leave Nigeria wahala, I feel so sad. Let me run to corner shop, I will post few more later on my return
Re: Nigeria In The 60s/70s. Sights And Sounds by ajileko: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2011
Anybody remember back then the "owo Udoji" I remember Dad coming home and braging of additional pay check he recieved. I think it is like a bonus pay for all govetnment workwers. Mom was really happy though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Sokoto Road, Kaduna: El-Rufai Constructs Road That Looks Like European Road / Photo Of Bianca Ojukwu After Slapping Ebelechukwu Obiano As Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.