Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (2566 Views)

Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? / My Sister Wants To Quit Her Young Marriage. / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Dumbo must she get married?boy think before you quote me..

You rather want her to keep suffering In the marriage instead of finding a better way to solve the problem? grin

Did she tell you she’s suffering in her marriage? She is only looking for a solution to stop her husband’s gambling habit.

Street urchin’s like you who don’t have no clue about anything is always quick to fly in and jump into conclusion.
Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

Did she tell you she’s suffering in her marriage? She is only looking for a solution to stop her husband’s gambling habit.

Street urchin’s like you who don’t have no clue about anything is always quick to fly in and jump into conclusion.

Little boy what do you do when yve tried all possible means huh?
"Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently.. And has been into this habit before marriage. All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed. Pls, advise"

Or did you not read that? undecided

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Little boy what do you do when yve tried all possible means huh?
"Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently.. And has been into this habit before marriage. All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed. Pls, advise"

Or did you not read that? undecided

And your best advice was divorce?

You’re just a horseshoe
Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

You’re just a horseshoe
And what was your advice? grin
Leave me..... cry cry grin
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

And what was your advice? grin
Leave me..... cry cry grin

Lol. You no talk again.

She should deal with it. No be she marry gambler?

See me see wahala
Re: .. by fineboynl(m): 5:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
I don't waste my time trying to change people. Once I discovered the real person and it doesn't match with mine k always distance myself.

Besides i don't allow anyone to change me or push me to do something i'm not use to. If you are trying to change me. I wilI stay clear from you. I'm only attracted and move with people with something in common.

I don't force friend, you either run from me by yourself when you dislike my behavior.

1 Like

Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

You’re just a horseshoe

Why are you concerned about divorce?

In some other thread you said men gain nothing from marriage. Why then does divorcing a man who gains nothing trigger you this much?

5 Likes

Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

Lol. You no talk again.

She should deal with it. No be she marry gambler?

See me see wahala
You are stubborn and bad.. undecided grin
Re: .. by Mindlog: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

In some other thread you said men gain nothing from marriage. Why then does divorcing a man who gains nothing trigger you this much?

Even when we do have therapy sessions with addicts at the rehab, we constantly remind them that their spouses have every justifications to end their marriage with them (the addicts) and they shouldn't take the care they show for granted.

It is easier to live with a schizophrenic in comparison to a gambler, for a schizophrenic you clearly know you are going to find a way to cope with their hallucinations and delusions but for an gambler, he/she not only self-destruct but very likely to drag down and sink their families with them.

2 Likes

Re: .. by descarado: 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
In this hard economy.

Hmm
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mindlog:

Even when we do have therapy sessions with addicts at the rehab, we constantly remind them that their spouses have every justifications to end their marriage with them (the addicts) and they shouldn't take the care they show for granted.

It is easier to live with a schizophrenic in comparison to a gambler, for a schizophrenic you clearly know you are going to find a way to cope with their hallucinations and delusions but for an gambler, he/she not only self-destruct but very likely to drag down and sink their families with them.

They know these things, but he is a man and there is a different rule for them. I saw this other thread where a guy was complaining that clubbing has ruined him and someone advised him to get a partner.

When a man has a bad attitude, they say he should get a wife.

When a woman has a bad attitude, she belongs to the streets.

Women are not rehab homes.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: .. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

I’m not concerned about the marriage, I’m just concerned about the woman who would become a divorcee after the marriage.

It’s easier for a divorced man to remarry than a divorced woman. So don’t complicate her life
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

I’m not concerned about the marriage, I’m just concerned about the woman who would become a divorce after the marriage.

When did you suddenly care about women who you rightly stated have no use for men?

Make it make sense. smiley

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

When did you suddenly care about women who you rightly stated have no use for men?

Make it make sense. smiley

I do not hate women nor do I not care about them. I’m only concerned about some who believe they are earths gift to men.

This OP has done no wrong
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

I do not hate women nor do I not care about them. I’m only concerned about some who believe they are earths gift to men.

This OP has done no wrong

I can’t remember saying you hate women. You said women have no use of men. Why should you be bothered that women would be divorced, single and the man would be free?

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

I can’t remember saying you hate women. You said women have no use of men. Why should you be bothered that women would be divorced, single and the man would be free?

I don’t care if she gets divorced or not. My concern is no one would want to marry a woman who is divorced.

Why do you make me keep repeating myself?

Have you been smoking exhaust?

Shuuuu
Re: .. by pocohantas(f): 6:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

I don’t care if she gets divorced or not. My concern is no one would want to marry a woman who is divorced.

Why do you make me keep repeating myself?

Have you been smoking exhaust?

Shuuuu

That should not be a concern given that men do not benefit from marriage. Men shouldn’t be marrying. So it is fine if no one marries her.

How should it concern you? It is a win for men who according to you gain nothing from marriage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: .. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

That should not be a concern given that men do not benefit from marriage. Men shouldn’t be marrying. So it is fine if no one marries her.

How should it concern you? It is a win for men who according to you gain nothing from marriage.

Oya clap for yourself
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Mindlog:

Schizophrenia and gambling addiction are both disabilities as far as I’m concerned, and no one is better than the other.
Re: .. by Mindlog: 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

I’m not concerned about the marriage, I’m just concerned about the woman who would become a divorcee after the marriage.

It’s easier for a divorced man to remarry than a divorced woman. So don’t complicate her life

Being a female divorcee is not a mental disorder. Ending a marriage where the significant other is hell bent on sinking everyone, is the best decision to make.

For many divorced women with children, remarrying is not what bothers them but stabilizing themselves and their children.

For many men, in their second marriages they tend to tolerate what they couldn't tolerate in their first marriage.

4 Likes

Re: .. by Mindlog: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

Schizophrenia and gambling are both disabilities as far as I’m concerned, and no one is better than the other.

With schizophrenia, you clearly know what you are dealing with but behavioural addiction like gambling is more difficult to deal with as gamblers are good at making the professionals working with them run in circles. Personally, I couldn't deal and swore not to do my specialty in addiction therapy.

A gambler is more prone to being involved in crime in order to feed his gambling lifestyle but the schizophrenic is more attuned to hearing voices and seeing things that does not exist, schizophrenics who achieve high medication adherence alongside psychotherapy are easier to help in redirecting their energy and thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
I would have been more happy if he can explained to me how he always spent all his money in a giffy, but he wouldn't.

Now that he is completely broke, hes as obident, loving, sweet talking and caring.

Anyway I've discussed with him yesterday. His next salary, if he can't explain how he's going to spend it, bring money for upkeep for the month, nor share with me, I'm leaving him to stay with a friend.

I'm not affriad of being a divorcee.
Heaven knows I'm trying to make it work because I don't want us to fail.

1 Like

Re: .. by BigYash: 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
Baba wan leave trenches. If he wins 30m now,you self go bugs nau .. Support him,pray for him.. Massage his back ,while he is booking games grin Tell him to run away from twitter punters.. Most especially Talented.. That guy sabi empty person aza with his red tomatoes..
Re: .. by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ladymaceral:
Good day everyone. I've been a passive reader, but decided to create an account to post this because I know there are lots of experienced, matured mind here.

Please, how can one help a sport addicted husband to quit?

What measure can one use, especially when he lied and snik to go back wasting his money only to return back to appologies after all is gone?

How can a wife help her husband to make that decision of quitting? Is leaving him and moving out a good option? Especially, when the financial obligation is too much for only her to handle?

What major can stop him?

Note: the husband is well employed but gambles with everything consistently..
And has been into this habit before marriage.
All efforts, involving parents, spiritual leader failed.
Pls, advise.

The problem with sport betting is that there's no such thing as rehab. However, if there is, it's nothing but a joke. Sport betting isn't like drugs that has withdrawal symptoms, or were you can slowly wean the addict of his dependence on the drug. Sport betting is another beast entirely that requires the addict himself to make a stand and put an end to it.

My advice to you ma'am is to give him an ultimatum, perhaps the ending of the year. If he decides that a woman can't tell him what to do and continues in his ways, move to another location with your kids(if you have any), If this does nothing to change him, divorce is the next. The last thing you'd want to happen is your kids picking up such a terrifying habit

1 Like

Re: .. by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
burritto:

Schizophrenia and gambling addiction are both disabilities as far as I’m concerned, and no one is better than the other.

gringringrin you just pulled facts out of the wind man.
Re: .. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
pocohantas:

Smart woman you are.. grin
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2022
Why do good people with good heart suffer more in marriage?

Someone is going through hard times here.

I'm about to make a decision, but I'm so weak and heart broken
Re: .. by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ladymaceral:
Why do good people with good heart suffer more in marriage?
Someone is going through hard times here.
I'm about to make a decision, but I'm so weak and heart broken
Good people with good hearts? You are kidding, right? undecided

If in all your goodness, you choose foolishly in marriage, expect to reap accordingly. There is always divorce, since marriage is not meant to be a prison for anyone. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Good people with good hearts? You are kidding, right? undecided

If in all your goodness, you choose foolishly in marriage, expect to reap accordingly. There is always divorce, since marriage is not meant to be a prison for anyone. lipsrsealed
You are right anyway
Re: .. by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ladymaceral:
You are right anyway
Your situation is such that no one else can really tell you what is best for you and yours. You are the one in it and you know how much you can carry and where you will draw the line. Forget what others will think or say and what the right thing for you and your kids. undecided

1 Like

Re: .. by Silentgroper(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Divorce his silly self and dump him in the waste bin..
I repeat divorce him or keep sweating yaself over nonsense..he will keep apologising while ya keep crying..
Will u shut up, blood f@g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Big Tubers Of Water Yam Our Neighbors Gave Us Today (picture Within) / Have You Got Any Reason Why You Think Incest Is Wrong? / Nigerian Billionaire In Uk To Settle Divorce In British Court Using Nigerian Tri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.