Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? (4649 Views)

After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!! / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth* / The Height Difference Between This Man And His Wife Though (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by pozehnani(f): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
Somebody help me before I lose my mind.

I've been with this guy for some time now.
When he first approached me, I wasn't too down with the idea of having a relationship with him, which I made clear to him. Though I had my reservations about him, which was his height but didn't let him know. Also, that time, there was this pharmacist (i shared about him some years ago) I was hoping would come open with his proposal to date me but he got ego and was using me to catch Cruise. As in.. each time I visited the pharmacy where he works, he'll be forming and acting like he didn't see me until I'm set to leave, he'll then want to block my way and turn everything to joke. saying.. " you don't want to marry fine boy abi? So I just parked him aside since he was not serious.

This other guy kept pestering me and was always calling. Suddenly, I began to like and miss him. Then he popped the question again and I was like... Ok, let's see how it goes.
We started seeing each other.

Along the line, people started saying all sorts like, she doesn't love this guy. It's because no man is forthcoming that is why she settled for him bla bla.. which is not true.

Now they said it until it got to my baby. Since then, he's been withdrawn. He said I don't really love him. that those people might be right. He was just saying all that and after trying to convince him that I do without any success, I got angry and left. We didn't talk for three days.

I missed him so much and so I called and he told me I'm only pretending that I don't love him because he's short, he's not my spec and all that balderdash. I tried talking him out of it but he wouldn't hear me out.

Seriously, I love him. The way the love developed overnight is still a mystery to me but I do. I'm tired of explaining and begging.

How can I convince him that I sincerely love him. I've really emanciated since he started all these drama. He even saw me recently and was like it's the pharmacy guy I'm missing, not him. undecided.

I posted a happy pics on my status on Friday with my students and he said, moving on without me, yeah?. Ok, I called him, he refused to pick. Later he texted me that, at my age, I should know better than to be posting happy pics when someone somewhere is not feeling fine.
I replied, who's not feeling fine? Then he went, I said it! You don't love me. You don't care! Maybe if I were taller, things would have been different undecided

Here's someone who refused to pick my calls turning around to accuse me.

Please, how can I let him know I really care about him. I'm tired! I want to settle down with him this year but this sudden act of his doesn't look promising.
Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Teibaba(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by SimeonOTC(m): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
He may be rightgrin They may be rightgrin action speaks louder than wordsgrin may be your actions are different from your words. wink

If you're being sincere about what you feel for him, then you need to be patient with him while you show him in anyway you can. He probably has been rejected in the past, if that's it, he needs to get over it or he ends up developing trust issue.

Meanwhile, o.p, I believe you are matured enough to know whatever you are feeling for him will one day die off or reduce, just wondering what will keep you when the God-sent-tall-with-nice-body man of your dream finally shows up from nowheregringrin dude will be so insecuregrin

18 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
pozehnani:

I've been with this guy now for some time.
When he first approached, I wasn't too down with the idea of having a relationship with him, which I made clear to him. Though I had my reservations which was his height but didn't let him know. Also, that time, there was this pharmacist (i shared about him some years ago) I was hoping would come open with his proposal to date me but he got ego and was using me to catch Cruise. As in.. each time I visited the pharmacy where he works, he'll be forming and acting like he didn't see me until I'm set to leave, he'll then want to block my way and turn everything to joke. saying.. " you don't want to marry fine boy abi? So I just parked him aside since he was not serious.

This other guy kept pestering me and was always calling. Suddenly, I began to like and miss him. Then he popped the question again and I was like... Ok, let's see how it goes.

Along the line, people started saying all sorts like, she doesn't love this guy. It's because no man is forthcoming that is why she settled for him bla bla.. which is not true.

Now they said it until it got to my baby. Since then, he's been withdrawn. He said I don't really love him. that those people might be right. He was just saying all that and after trying to convince him that I do without any success, I got angry and left. We didn't talk for three days.

I missed him so much and so I called and he told me I'm only pretending that I don't love him because he's short, he's not my spec and all that balderdash. I tried talking him out of it but he wouldn't hear me out.

Seriously, I love him. The way the love developed overnight is still a mystery to me but I do. I'm tired of explaining and begging.

How can I convince him that I sincerely love him. I've really emanciated since he started all these drama. He even saw me recently and was like it's the pharmacy guy I'm missing, not him. undecided.

I posted a happy pics on my status on Friday with my students and he said, moving on without me, yeah?. Ok, I called him, he refused to pick. Later he texted me that, at my age, I should know better than to be posting happy pics when someone somewhere is not feeling fine.
I replied, who's not feeling fine? Then he went, I said it! You don't love me. You don't care! Maybe if I were taller, things would have been different undecided

Please, how can I let him know I really care about him. I'm tired! I want to settle down with him this year but this sudden act of his doesn't look promising.
For me love is about actions not words

2 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Candidlady: 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
sad
Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Pierocash(m): 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
You might have told one or two persons that you don't like his height ,so the news spread like Wild fire until he got to hear it, coupled with the fact that your actions towards him made him believe it is true. No one sees true love and not know it no matter the contrary views .

Try a little more to convince him,if he doesn't believe,let him be and move on.

12 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Bluntguy: 7:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
He is feeling insecure because of his height. Is he a member of the Simpsons family?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Hafizah(f): 7:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
You should have a sit down and let him know how you really feel, after that if he keeps the attitude then you stop trying, let him also fight for your love, dont let him mistake your love for him as being desperate, like he pointed out, saying you are with him because you have no choice... Tell him you truly love him, make him know his height is out of the question. If he continues with the cold attitude, give it time and see if he fights for your love too.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Nazgul: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
My dear life is too short to waste it on someone who's feelings for you can easily be altered by third parties.

If he isn't matured enough to know the efforts you've made towards proving to him that you love him, just let him be. He's probably suffering from low self-esteem, and guys like that can be very dangerous to date, cos you'd spend your whole life appealing to their ego which would constantly be threatened every now and then.

What you need is a confident guy who knows exactly what he wants, someone who would look into your eyes and tell you he loves you regardless of what people are saying concerning you two.

15 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Anaerobi(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Anaerobi(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
That's my problem with short people. Abeg give an chance, he isn't mentally and emotionally matured yet. If he was, he should have known that whatsoever you do, people must talk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
pozehnani:

When he first approached me, I wasn't too down with the idea of having a relationship with him, which I made clear to him. Though I had my reservations about him, which was his height but didn't let him know. Also, that time, there was this pharmacist (i shared about him some years ago) I was hoping would come open with his proposal to date me but he got ego and was using me to catch Cruise. As in.. each time I visited the pharmacy where he works, he'll be forming and acting like he didn't see me until I'm set to leave, he'll then want to block my way and turn everything to joke. saying.. " you don't want to marry fine boy abi? So I just parked him aside since he was not serious.

Call him, let both of you sit down and straight things out one one. If he doesn't come around after the talk then let him be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Mjshexy(f): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2022
If you truly love him don't give up darling, show him you really love him but don't force it on him.
He is only trying to push you a little to ascertain your sincerity, but not to worry everything will fall in place soon OK.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by correctyourself(m): 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
pozehnani:

You have to keep your efforts trying to convince him, try to visit him and talk things out with him, let him know that you're coming and see his reaction before you decide.
Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by 4teenblaq: 7:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Alright I see the reason why you created the other thread few days ago.

The thing is the guy is trying to make sure he is not a "second choice" like the way the gossip is going round..

I have been there.

Listen there is this girl I really loved so much in school then, I made my intention known to her and I asked her if she had anyone already. She said No and part of me told me she was lying.

She told me she will get back to me when she is through with thinking over it.

I waited for her feedback, she didn't report back to me. I let it slide for some months, I reminded her of it, she said she had someone with her, that is ready to marry her.

I was so broken when I heard that from her and I was thinking all about it then. Later, I outgrown the pain and broken heart. I let everything be.

Few months later, she came to me and was like "I am ready to be your babe ooo" and she was like "should I ask you out?"

Me come dey confused, e be like say I dey dream. And I asked her what happened to her husband to be, she told me he left her for another girl..

I was like "hmmmmmm"

Something struck me at that time. It was "second option" you are her "second choice"

Some men hate being "second option"
You know what second choice is all about?

It means " if someone like your first choice comes your way, you would leave the "second choice"

Second choice is a price for losers.

So I don't blame the dude.
The thing is if you truly love him, just keep knocking at him with every reason, maybe God will soften his heart and he might have you back. But don't make any mistake of disrespecting him; that will give him a hard reason why you truly don't love him like you claim

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Stargurl20(f): 7:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
The broda is having low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by endsarrrs(f): 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
You have already despised him for being short

1 Like

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Shalommy(f): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
The guy hate himself and you trying to love him is a waste of time. So move on. Chaii.

2 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Karleb(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
This is why you should avoid short people, some of them are problem.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Acidosis(m): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
pozehnani:

Calm down. It's not a do or die affair.

Everybody is a second or tenth option to someone out there. No matter what you do, he is not and will never be your first choice. Only those who married their first love (teenage boyfriends/girlfriends) actually married their first choice. A mature mind should be able to digest this fact.

Saying you love him a million times won't change the fact that you love/loved other people (in the past) grin

Failure to speak ill about your ex is the main issue here. You've probably described your ex as Mr. perfect. You should have lied like everyone else about your ex. Talk about your ex's negative side if you have to talk about him and make your current man see reasons why he's a better choice for you. This is how to massage a man's ego.

You can't be discussing your ex's 10 feet height with a 4 feet man. No go dey discuss how your ex earns a million naira monthly with a potential husband that barely provides 50k monthly. That information is worthless to him. It's either you bury that information or go back to your ex.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by obinna58(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
I can swear with my life she doesn't love him

4 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by pozehnani(f): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
Acidosis:

Calm down. It's not a do or die affair.

Everybody is a second or tenth option to someone out there. No matter what you do, he is not and will never be your first choice. Only those who married their first love (teenage boyfriends/girlfriends) actually married their first choice. A mature mind should be able to digest this fact.

Saying you love him a million times won't change the fact that you love/loved other people (in the past) grin

Failure to speak ill about your ex is the main issue here. You've probably described your ex as Mr. perfect. You should have lied like everyone else about your ex. Talk about your ex's negative side if you have to talk about him and make your current man see reasons why he's a better choice for you. This is how to massage a man's ego.

You can't be discussing your ex's 10 feet height with a 4 feet man. No go dey discuss how your ex earns a million naira monthly with a potential husband that barely provides 50k monthly. That information is worthless to him. It's either you bury that information or go back to your ex.

I just feel for him that's why I'm trying to assure him that I love him regardless of what people are saying.

correctyourself:

You have to keep your efforts trying to convince him, try to visit him and talk things out with him, let him know that you're coming and see his reaction before you decide.
Ok.
Mjshexy:
If you truly love him don't give up darling, show him you really love him but don't force it on him.
He is only trying to push you a little to ascertain your sincerity, but not to worry everything will fall in place soon OK.
Ok.
Thanks.
Hafizah:
You should have a sit down and let him know how you really feel, after that if he keeps the attitude then you stop trying, let him also fight for your love, dont let him mistake your love for him as being desperate, like he pointed out, saying you are with him because you have no choice... Tell him you truly love him, make him know his height is out of the question. If he continues with the cold attitude, give it time and see if he fights for your love too.

Ok.
Thanks.
Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Richy4(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
How short is the guy really... Is Adams Oshomole taller than him?
<<Just find out if u are truly in love with him or
<< You only feel pity for him
<<Or if he's just a rebound to u because of your bruised ego over the pharmacist...

When you have done the soul search, if u really really care for him, you can maybe ask him the question you were asking us now... Which is what can I do to prove to you that I love you?...

This is a risky question.. it's like a blank cheque .... Whatever he said, let it be between the range of what you can do... If u can't do it, turn the table on him and wish him well... Whatever you do, please don't befriend someone out of pity... If u do, u will regret it..

Matters of the heart is not really easy... And adults life style are way too complicated... That's why I like kids and prefer their behaviour better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by backnbeta(f): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
He is insecure...will likely continue to be- even in marriage. His height has made him lose some self confidence...if you truly love him, show him more love, only way to convince him. Also, you probably told one or two people how you felt about his height initially - you also agreed he's not your spec and you don't know "how the love grew overnight".

Finally, don't date him because you think half a loaf is better than nothing...you may regret it later!

BTW, how short is his "shortness?"
What's your height?

1 Like

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Vyzz: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
cool

But is anyone serious coming apart from him?

Would you have gone for him if the fine boy pharmacist gave you time and attention?..

I for like agree with them ooo

1 Like

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by freddie009(m): 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
But they were right, you fell back to him because your pharmacist bf wasn't looking at your side.

2 Likes

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Soleye24(m): 11:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
freddie009:
But they were right, you fell back to him because your pharmacist bf wasn't looking at your side.
Exactly, what if the pharmacist decided to drop his ego and come back to you that he sincerely loves you, will you still love the short guy? Tell yourself the undiluted truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Kutunban: 11:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
He is insecured, I'll suggest you keep texting him with assurance that you love him; I guess with time he'll believe. "Women done do the guy shégé " .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm, you and these threads

1 Like

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Ishilove: 2:40am On Jun 20, 2022
When Mr Available becomes Mr Right.

Aunty, short people too get persecution complex. They feel the whole world is out to bully them because they are 'summarised'. Besides he is not mature enough to handle you which is why he is listening to what people are saying.

How come people even have a say in your relationship sef? Who are these 'people' and how come they are so familiar with you that they are running 'football commentary' on who you're dating? undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by GboyegaD(m): 3:19am On Jun 20, 2022
You need to be sure he isn't insecure because of his height before you commit because if he's mentioning it consistently, he would keep bringing it up. Let him know you need him to love himself first as that will reflect on you and how well you will love him.

On the part of him listening to what people are saying, you need have an extensive discussion on it. You need define the relationship because it is childish to make decisions based on external forces who have no stake in your relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Im Tired! How Can I Make Him See I Truly Love Him, Despite His Height??? by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Pinky and the brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Claims She Was Raped, Impregnated By A Pig (Pictured) / Infidelity - I’m Still In Pain / thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.