Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

This Thing Called "Crush" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Thing Called "Crush" (570 Views)

This Thing Called Juju. / My Office Crush / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Thing Called "Crush" by GuyFawkes7: 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Growing up, my dad always thought us how to be humble and calm but not timid. You can stand your ground by not being violent. After all, a man with mosquito perching on his testes realises there are amicable ways to settle differences without violence.

One fateful day, there was this shop with a pretty Amaka as the sales girl. The only way you could see Amaka was if you patronised the shop or in the church. I was a little chorister then and my shift was normally 6am mass but Amaka graces the 8am mass. So I became God's favorite, I worked extra time in his vineyard because of Amaka... Mumu me.

Most often, before mass would finish, Amaka has left the church with her parents, she would wave me goodbye while I smile like roasted goat. So, world people, one fateful day...

Amaka's shop was way up in the street, I would ignore my neighbour who sells provision, walk past three other stores and go to my Amaka. Most times Amaka is never alone. Either with her sister or her mother.

World people, this fateful day, my siblings wanted to soak "garri". Before anybody could say Jack, I had volunteered to buy groundnut and dashed off to go see Amaka. Unfortunately I met her sister. She knows why I'm always coming around and this time she screamed "Amaka no dey house".

"I want to buy groundnut"
"All the way from your house" she stared at me.
"Yes" I stood my ground.
She rummaged through nylons and brought two groundnuts at 20Naira each. I gave her 50Naira. Babe said no change. I walked back home.

On getting home, garri don finish. Hooligans don wash plate sef and that was the last garri and sugar left in the house. My brother took one groundnut from me and I shared the other with my sister. That was my afternoon food..

World people, with sapa (hunger) in my blood, mixed with anger, I went for my change in the evening. Immediately I got there Amaka's sister shouted "Amaka no dey.. Change no dey.. Groundnut no dey". I left with teary eyes and grumbling stomach. I went back in the evening. My mind was made up, there's no way I will take two L's.

World people, I didn't get my change that day. The next day on my way back from school I saw her sitting outside. I stared at her, she stared back until I was past her sight. Fifteen minutes later, I walked past again and there was another stand out with the eyes. I was singing in my mind "gbajie aka ji ya k'oke nkem nwea rum aka" (God break the hand that's holding it let my share get to me)... Mumu me.

The next day, I went for my staring competition. Immediately she saw me she shouted atop her voice.
"Come and take your 10Naira oooo before you kill me with your eyes"
World people, I walked up the hill to where she sat. Lo and behold Amaka was seated there.
"You wan pursue fine girl, shishi you no get" her sister blurted out.
"I tire o" Amaka responded.
My 10 Naira fell off, another staring competition started. World people, I bent down and picked it up shamelessly amidst silent giggles. Amaka has disappointed me. I "uncrushed" my crush that very moment. Look at small Amaka that I want to bring closer to God's vineyard..
Small boy of 11 years, what will I do with a crush sef?? ����Mtcheeewww.. Mumu me ��

CITE
World People Mansion,
Room Mumu Me.

cc: Eke Osita Cite

@damselposh
@frankwriter
Re: This Thing Called "Crush" by Vincyman: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
Amaka disappoints oo
Re: This Thing Called "Crush" by GuyFawkes7: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2022
(in 2face's voice):
Iyeke confusion

Vincyman:
Amaka disappoints oo

Re: This Thing Called "Crush" by GuyFawkes7: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2022

Those who have been to higher institution will understand night class and TDB very well. Especially during exams where students spend a lot of time reading in class over the night.

So one of these nights I had prepared to go study in class till day break but around 02:00am or so I was so exhausted and left to my hostel.

Along the way I was approached by two guys. They both showed me knives and asked me to submit my phone and any other valuable with me so they won't hurt me.

I just looked at the both of them from head to toe, removed my pen �️ and showed them. When they saw my pen, guess what? They both dropped their weapon back and took to their heels.

That night I confirmed, that indeed,

The pen is mightier than the sword ⚔️

I remember the first time I went for night vigil (English people say make we no dey call am night vigil).

The first time I followed a friend to her church I didn't know it was going to be a vigil. They started as early as 07:00pm. It was around 09:00pm she was now telling me that it's vigil o. I didn't want to stay all night but I was afraid of leaving God's presence.

Around 12:00am I couldn't bear it anymore so I pinched her goodbye and left. I got home and discovered my people have closed the door. I didn't want to wake anyone so they don't start reprimanding me and ruining the night.

What did I do?

I went close to the door and started muttering some words to it quietly.

Before I knew it, the door opened, I entered inside, locked it quietly and went to sleep.

That night, I confirmed, that indeed,

Communication is key �️

Sometimes, the breakthrough you're seeking in your life may be tied to just one small act of kindness from you to a fellow human.

I was returning from North-Bank today by bus and something spectacular happened along the way. (For my friends in other states, North-Bank is an area in Makurdi, Benue state.)

The passenger I sat with, an elderly woman, didn't know that T- fare has increased from the usual 100 naira to 150. She was having only 100 naira and the conductor wanted to be difficult so I quietly slipped 50 naira into her hand.

She thanked me, thanked me again and said,

"My child, you're going to see Breakthrough in your life today."

I said Amen with faith. Few minutes later I alighted from the bus and waved her goodbye.

Just few steps away from the bus stop, guess what?

The woman's prayer worked:

I saw Breakthrough; a childhood friend of mine �

cc:Davina Algorithm

(1) (Reply)

“God Save The Sovereigns!” By Chidi Anthony Opara / Kingdoms Of Conflict Is A Must-read / Inspirational Quote Of The Hour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.