Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb (51426 Views)

Switzerland Revises Election Results After Discovering Some Counting Errors / 'Creepy' UK Men Are Advertising Shelter For Only Attractive Ukrainian Refugees / Melania Trump Mocked Over Her 'Creepy' Christmas White House Decorations (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Jidefido(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Sincerely whenever I check into a new hotel room these days, I first switch off the lights and scan the room with my phone camera. So many sick people out there today.

How does this work pls?
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by abhee007(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2022
E
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by SmartyPants(m): 10:05am On Jun 15, 2022
So people can't see that the police didnt find even one hidden camera?
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Eriokanmi: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Sincerely whenever I check into a new hotel room these days, I first switch off the lights and scan the room with my phone camera. So many sick people out there today.
How do you detect a hidden camera in that case? Abeg, ja mi si. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by seanwilliam(m): 10:07am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
thanks for this update
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by seanwilliam(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2022
subsidywise18:
Airbnb essentially is someone offering his or her private residence for tourists and travellers to stay for short term

Naturally owner won't want any of his or her property to be stolen or damaged hence that may be why the cameras are there.

It may not be for ulterior motives.
I think you have a point
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by olisaEze(m): 10:08am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:

How do you check for cameras in the room with ur phone?

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by drlateef: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2022
The owner must have removed the cameras before the arrival of police.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Ikokobara: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2022
JohnPortar:
I don't know if I am being paranoid or what, but whenever I check in any hotel, I turn off the light and scan the whole place with my phone's camera - you can't be too careful.

Anyways, according to this post, the police did not find any hidden cameras

Boss how will you know there's a camera there??

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by lizzybaeby: 10:09am On Jun 15, 2022
haaaaa
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by olayemi246(m): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2022
ogbiwa:
A woman has issued a warning after she allegedly found 10 creepy spy cameras concealed around a rental property she booked on Airbnb.

The traveller shared her "scary ordeal" after realising there was cameras "hidden all over the house" during her stay in Philadelphia, USA.

The Twitter user named @foxytaughtyou said people "should be cautious" and said, "some were disguised as sprinkler systems."

She was left severely creeped out when her friend reportedly came across more "in the showers and bedrooms."

She said the platform moved them to another property after they alerted Philadelphia police.

Airbnb have since offered her a refund but claim police have told them they found no hidden cameras at the property.

The woman tweeted on June 13: “We reported this to [Airbnb] and to the police station Friday noon and still have not had a update on this case.

“We have no idea what footage this owner has and what he is doing with it!

“This is so UNSAFE, and scary! Thank God we noticed the cameras and got out of there!”

In a video on TikTok, the pair said they fell asleep on the sofa and discovered the cameras on the ceiling when they woke up.

She added: “We were creeped out and we decided to look everywhere in the Airbnb, all over the ceiling, and see if there’s any more cameras.

The woman tweeted on June 13: “We reported this to [Airbnb] and to the police station Friday noon and still have not had a update on this case.

“We discovered that the sprinklers had a camera lens. We got on the chair and we did a flash test on these sprinklers and they are cameras.”

A spokesperson for Airbnb told The Independent: “Our policies strictly prohibit hidden cameras and we take forceful action in the exceptionally rare circumstances where this has been reported, including assisting law enforcement to help them hold criminals accountable.

“In this case, our Safety team has suspended this Host and removed this listing from our platform while we thoroughly investigate this report. We are also providing support to our guest, including a full refund.”

Airbnb has since confirmed to the Daily Star that police investigators are planning to close the case.

However, the company said they will still support the customer and issue them a refund.

"We have thoroughly looked into this allegation as we do for all safety reports," the spokesperson said.

"Today, we spoke directly with the lead detective from the Philadelphia Police Department who responded to the complaint and investigated the property.

"He confirmed that he did not find any hidden or undisclosed cameras and that the fire sprinklers had regular sprinklerheads.

"The detective also confirmed that they plan to close this case."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/womans-horror-after-discovering-10-27235216
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Kobicove(m): 10:13am On Jun 15, 2022
subsidywise18:
Airbnb essentially is someone offering his or her private residence for tourists and travellers to stay for short term

Naturally owner won't want any of his or her property to be stolen or damaged hence that may be why the cameras are there.

Why would the owner put cameras in the bathroom? undecided
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by SMGGroup: 10:13am On Jun 15, 2022
subsidywise18:

Camera inside bathroom is not for ulterior motives?
You must be a Tinubu supporter. There is a pattern of reasoning among you guys

3 Likes

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by PapaCj: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2022
onomeabuja:

Na so oooo grin
Na so i just see one nw, na laugh first catch me grin
Me na boy oyoyo observer grin
lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Kobicove(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2022
Ikokobara:

Boss how will you know there's a camera there??

You will likely see a red dot where the camera is located in the room

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Bahamas95(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2022
Nawa o, no privacy in your house anymore because of perverts.
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by MartinsD12(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2022
ogbiwa:
A woman has issued a warning after she allegedly found 10 creepy spy cameras concealed around a rental property she booked on Airbnb.

The traveller shared her "scary ordeal" after realising there was cameras "hidden all over the house" during her stay in Philadelphia, USA.

The Twitter user named @foxytaughtyou said people "should be cautious" and said, "some were disguised as sprinkler systems."

She was left severely creeped out when her friend reportedly came across more "in the showers and bedrooms."

She said the platform moved them to another property after they alerted Philadelphia police.

Airbnb have since offered her a refund but claim police have told them they found no hidden cameras at the property.

“We have no idea what footage this owner has and what he is doing with it!

“This is so UNSAFE, and scary! Thank God we noticed the cameras and got out of there!”

In a video on TikTok, the pair said they fell asleep on the sofa and discovered the cameras on the ceiling when they woke up.

She added: “We were creeped out and we decided to look everywhere in the Airbnb, all over the ceiling, and see if there’s any more cameras.

“We discovered that the sprinklers had a camera lens. We got on the chair and we did a flash test on these sprinklers and they are cameras.”

A spokesperson for Airbnb told The Independent: “Our policies strictly prohibit hidden cameras and we take forceful action in the exceptionally rare circumstances where this has been reported, including assisting law enforcement to help them hold criminals accountable.

“In this case, our Safety team has suspended this Host and removed this listing from our platform while we thoroughly investigate this report. We are also providing support to our guest, including a full refund.”

Airbnb has since confirmed to the Daily Star that police investigators are planning to close the case.

However, the company said they will still support the customer and issue them a refund.

"We have thoroughly looked into this allegation as we do for all safety reports," the spokesperson said.

"Today, we spoke directly with the lead detective from the Philadelphia Police Department who responded to the complaint and investigated the property.

"He confirmed that he did not find any hidden or undisclosed cameras and that the fire sprinklers had regular sprinklerheads.

"The detective also confirmed that they plan to close this case."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/womans-horror-after-discovering-10-27235216
In case you people don't know, every hotel has hidden camera In all rooms infact when you are doing your thing it's better to switch off the lights to do your adult things unless you want to see your sextapes leaked I was worked in a newly built hotel where a customer reported that his wrist watch worth 200,000 naira is Missing when the housekeeper that clean the guest room was called upon she denied taking the watch , the guest threatened to deal with the lady house keeper the matter got to the oga of the hotel who immediately got to his private room in the hotel played the CCTV camera footage via his phone to the customer it was noticed that the customer was captured putting the watch inside her bag , the guest was embrassed because she searched her bag to see same watch, so all hotels have hidden camera planted in all rooms even when there is crime it can be tracked or traced through CCTV control room it's a private room in hotels not everyone knows it or have access to it .

2 Likes

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 15, 2022
SMGGroup:

Camera inside bathroom is not for ulterior motives?
You must be a Tinubu supporter. There is a pattern of reasoning among you guys

Good morning and don't insult me by calling me a supporter of that man.

Thanks
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by HBB1(m): 10:16am On Jun 15, 2022
subsidywise18:

That is a very crappy analogy there!

So Hotel rooms should have cameras too?

Or landlords should put cameras inside the housing unuts they rent out?

Abi which kain talk be dis?

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by schoolboymatt(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
how do you scan the room for cameras with your phone's camera?
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Bahamas95(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2022
majamajic:
This one dey ok na

In lagos hotels , they peep u directly from man made holes
I am very sure you're speaking from experience.....How many times have you peeped?

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by ViceGovernor: 10:18am On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
If truly there are hidden cameras in hotels then I'm fvcked cry something has actually been telling someone has my nudes our there
Please how do you do it sir? The camera stuff

2 Likes

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by RightToReject(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2022
It's quite hard to see a luxurious/upscale Airbnb that doesn't have hidden cameras these days.
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by ExArmyMan(m): 10:19am On Jun 15, 2022
Justinlean02:
Once thought Airbnb was a crypto name grin

Movie of the week
I no dey like this guy, he talks too much and his movies are mostly uninteresting
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Originalsly: 10:19am On Jun 15, 2022
The lady is a liar .... did not want to pay. No doubt... some landlords do that all the time ... and face prison time and fines all the time. A residence with soo many hidden cameras.... they discover them ... notify they Police... but by the time the Police arrived ... the hist removed all the cameras. Where were they when the cameras were being removed? They scanned for cameras but didn't take video evidence? I just hope the host takes them to court .

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Enumerator(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2022
Still wrong on all levels and indirectly invading people's privacy
subsidywise18:

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by majamajic(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2022
Bahamas95:
I am very sure you're speaking from experience.....How many times have you peeped?

I don't work in hotel
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Richy4(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2022
The facility could be where they hosted their own big brother.. and they forgot the cameras in the shower and other places...
If not, I don't see how a normal person will install camera in a bathroom.. embarassed
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by SEGLIZ: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2022
subsidywise18:

Good morning and don't insult me by calling me a supporter of that man.

Thanks
I can't fit laugh o.

na so hate the lion (that own the bullion van) of budillon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MASSIVE AIR ATTACK By Hezbollah On Northern Israel (video) / Nostradamus Book Sales Skyrocket After Prediction Of Queen Elizabeth II Death / Mali Welcomes Mamoudou Gassama As A Hero (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.