Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,370 members, 7,954,499 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb (51560 Views)

Switzerland Revises Election Results After Discovering Some Counting Errors / 'Creepy' UK Men Are Advertising Shelter For Only Attractive Ukrainian Refugees / Melania Trump Mocked Over Her 'Creepy' Christmas White House Decorations (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by meobizy(f): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
He confirmed that he did not find any hidden or undisclosed cameras and that the fire sprinklers had regular sprinklerheads.
Fake news created for clout. Case closed.
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Enoch07: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2022
alizma:

Fela said if they are not corrupt, how did they come up with the name corruption in the first place?
True, but now at least they have measures in place to keep people in line to some extent

1 Like

Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by meobizy(f): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2022
Any hotel with camera only wan see me masturbate nightly and exercise naked. If it’s for security reasons and I’m told beforehand then I have no problem. My body is beautiful so I don’t care if people watch.
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by ELEYIofNigeria: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why won't camera be in the house
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by chymeze: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
Interesting
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by AlphaTaikun: 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Sincerely whenever I check into a new hotel room these days, I first switch off the lights and scan the room with my phone camera. So many sick people out there today.

Modified
For the questions regarding how to detect a hidden camera, most cameras emit infrared radiation which is not visible to the naked eye but your phone's lens can pick it up as a blue whitish light if you hold it close enough. Switching off the room light helps you spot it better when the room is dark.
Hope this helps. There are also downloadable apps that are tailor made for detecting cameras. Search on Playstore or Apple store

You can also check this article for more tips
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-detect-hidden-camera-using-android-4590372

Meanwhile, If you have an upcoming building project or want to modernize an existing one, contact me for top class Architectural designs and construction, and in good faith, we'll first design a sample plan for your project for FREE.
Contact is in my signature below
True that.
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by AlphaTaikun: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
ogbiwa:
A woman has issued a warning after she allegedly found 10 creepy spy cameras concealed around a rental property she booked on Airbnb.

The traveller shared her "scary ordeal" after realising there was cameras "hidden all over the house" during her stay in Philadelphia, USA.

The Twitter user named @foxytaughtyou said people "should be cautious" and said, "some were disguised as sprinkler systems."

She was left severely creeped out when her friend reportedly came across more "in the showers and bedrooms."

She said the platform moved them to another property after they alerted Philadelphia police.

Airbnb have since offered her a refund but claim police have told them they found no hidden cameras at the property.

The woman tweeted on June 13: “We reported this to [Airbnb] and to the police station Friday noon and still have not had a update on this case.

“We have no idea what footage this owner has and what he is doing with it!

“This is so UNSAFE, and scary! Thank God we noticed the cameras and got out of there!”

In a video on TikTok, the pair said they fell asleep on the sofa and discovered the cameras on the ceiling when they woke up.

She added: “We were creeped out and we decided to look everywhere in the Airbnb, all over the ceiling, and see if there’s any more cameras.

The woman tweeted on June 13: “We reported this to [Airbnb] and to the police station Friday noon and still have not had a update on this case.

“We discovered that the sprinklers had a camera lens. We got on the chair and we did a flash test on these sprinklers and they are cameras.”

A spokesperson for Airbnb told The Independent: “Our policies strictly prohibit hidden cameras and we take forceful action in the exceptionally rare circumstances where this has been reported, including assisting law enforcement to help them hold criminals accountable.

“In this case, our Safety team has suspended this Host and removed this listing from our platform while we thoroughly investigate this report. We are also providing support to our guest, including a full refund.”

Airbnb has since confirmed to the Daily Star that police investigators are planning to close the case.

However, the company said they will still support the customer and issue them a refund.

"We have thoroughly looked into this allegation as we do for all safety reports," the spokesperson said.

"Today, we spoke directly with the lead detective from the Philadelphia Police Department who responded to the complaint and investigated the property.

"He confirmed that he did not find any hidden or undisclosed cameras and that the fire sprinklers had regular sprinklerheads.

"The detective also confirmed that they plan to close this case."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/womans-horror-after-discovering-10-27235216

How many spycams can Stacey Dooley find in a love motel bedroom - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggYIsnUgUdU
BBC · 31 Jul 2020
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by Iceberg3: 12:05am On Jun 16, 2022
I support it o...so that coneheaded structures would not harvest someone's head and escape grin
Re: Woman Mortified After Discovering 10 Creepy Hidden Cameras At Her Airbnb by bepositive11: 3:18am On Jun 16, 2022
This is complete nonsense. If the host doesn't want anything to be stolen, they shouldn't keep anything valuable there

Some people don't wear any clothes when they're in their private space. After taking a shower, don't people go back to their room to get dressed? If you put a camera in you AirBnB of course, you will end up recording your guest naked!

subsidywise18:
Airbnb essentially is someone offering his or her private residence for tourists and travellers to stay for short term

Naturally owner won't want any of his or her property to be stolen or damaged hence that may be why the cameras are there.

It may not be for ulterior motives.

Modified

The reason for my comment has a lot to do with complaints about damage to airbnb properties by some renters. A bath camera may be bad, but elsewhere...better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Korea Soldiers Smash Bricks & Bend Iron Rods In Combat Display (Pix, Vid) / US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / Secret Service Shares Rare Images How They Transport The President's Motorcade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.