Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,152 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? (2193 Views)

The World Class University Of Transportation Daura, Katsina State. UP APC / 2019: Non-indigenes Leave Kano Ahead Of Polls / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Yoruba/Egun voters still make up 70% of electorates in Lagos that is equivalent of 7 in every 10 voters

Igbos makes up 20 % but there voting power is concentrated in certain areas that is 2 in every 10

Hausa and Northerners in general makes 10% that's 1 in every 10

And others from southern Nigeria makes up 10% 1 in every ten

This is my personal observation

2 Likes

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by famouscargo4u: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

You can't use the case of black men in USA or Canada in this discussion.
Those black men and women are indigenes.

We are talking about non Indigenes

Indigenization is not good for the country.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

When it comes to election, that rules is applied in all states in Nigeria
I don't believe indigenous voters have special privilege under the Nigeria constitution.

It just that people rarely vote outside their own State of origin or Region of origin in Nigeria.

So for example, out of 15 non natives 1 might decide to participate in elections after staying a long time in his or her new location.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 8:55am On Jun 15, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Direct your irrelevant questions to INEC

I actually directed my question to NL'S not INEC, you can sit back and read, learn and upgrade yourself
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by DMerciful(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2022
There is no measure to regulate registration of non indigenes as far aa INEC is concerned.
Every Nigerian have equal rights anywhere in Nigeria. All Igbos living in Lagos can vote if they want.
helinues:

Then I think that we can put that to rest. So to those who believe because their people are in millions in some states, sorry that won't translate to votes
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2022
Iamgrey5:
Yoruba/Egun voters still make up 70% of electorates in Lagos that is equivalent of 7 in every 10 voters

Igbos makes up 20 % but there voting power is concentrated in certain areas that is 2 in every 10

Hausa and Northerners in general makes 10% that's 1 in every 10

And others from southern Nigeria makes up 10% 1 in every ten

This is my personal observation
Oga Yoruba voters are not even up to 60%.Tnkiu
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

I actually directed my question to NL'S not INEC, you can sit back and read, learn and upgrade yourself
NLs do not have such information
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Iamgrey5:
I don't believe indigenous voters have special privilege under the Nigeria constitution.

It just that people rarely vote outside their own State of origin or Region of origin in Nigeria.

So for example, out of 15 non natives 1 might decide to participate in elections after staying a long time in his or her new location.

The sense of belonging is what's mostly discouraging the non indigenes to participate in local elections. Sentiments always play it's role
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

NLs do not have such information

And on whose authority are you saying that?

Governor general of NL or NL owner?

undecided
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2022
DMerciful:
There is no measure to regulate registration of non indigenes as far aa INEC is concerned.
Every Nigerian have equal rights anywhere in Nigeria

There are but not something common in public place
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by DMerciful(m): 9:00am On Jun 15, 2022
While I was in Lagos, I got my voters card easily. Are you saying if I come to Lagos, I cant vote?
helinues:

There are but not something common in public place
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by MadamExcellency: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:
In all states in Nigeria, there is a measure to monitor the influence of non Indigenes in the local/state affairs hence only few non indigenes are allowed to be a registered voters across Nigeria.

Are the non indigenes in Lagos state with voters card up to 500k?

What is happening to you these days? The bold statement is fictitious and dumb.
Registration was online previously before the closing date. Who was monitoring or stopping online registrants?

Does indigenes of Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun and Osun States who don't own a house in Lagos State non-indigenes?
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2022
DMerciful:
While I was in Lagos, I got my voters card easily. Are you saying if I come to Lagos, I cant vote?

Voting would depend if your name is part of those eligible to vote cos the measure murbhave been taken place.

It's all same in Jigawa, Delta , Ebonyi
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Smoke55: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

Must some of you people always argue blindly.

See the way you are exposing yourself on this subject.

Hahahahah
you're too dumb..

Calabar never served as Nigerian federal capital..

Calabar was the southern region protectorate headquarter before amalgamation..

After amalgamation Lagos became the first federal capital governing the two amalgamated regions..

If calabar was fct then ibadan and enugu were fct also..

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 9:06am On Jun 15, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Registration was online previously before the closing date. Who was monitoring or stopping online registrants?

Does indigenes of Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun and Osun States who don't own a house in Lagos State non-indigenes?

And you missed out the measures?

Make una stop arguing about things you have little information about
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by DMerciful(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Nothing like that. There is no measure and thats why Lagos is usually almost 50:50 in presidential elections.

Igbos tends to stay away from state elections to avoid unnecessary backlash from Yorubas because their business is in Lagos
helinues:

Voting would depend if your name is part of those eligible to vote cos the measure murbhave been taken place.

It's all same in Jigawa, Delta , Ebonyi
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga Yoruba voters are not even up to 60%.Tnkiu
Even in igbo dominated areas you will realize it's Yorubas and Eguns(they often vote along similar pattern) that are still voting because the igbos prefer to stay at home and have carnival atmosphere on election day.

I have experienced election in two separate areas of Lagos

In Mushin area(Papa ajo side) where igbos sell spare parts

And Sangotedo after Ajah in Ibeju lekki road
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Frigga13: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

Why are you always incoherent Nitori Olorun?

This your case na irredeemable

Helinues

I understand your pain

But can’t help

Next!
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2022
DMerciful:
Nothing like that. There is no measure and thats why Lagos is usually almost 50:50 in presidential elections.

Igbos tends to stay away from state elections to avoid unnecessary backlash from Yorubas because their business is in Lagos
This is not very true

A good number of Yorubas also vote PDP in every election, especially in federal elections.

If not, PDP will have fielded an igbo governorship candidate and win long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by DMerciful(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2022
Did i say the 50:50 in presidential election is entirely Igbo votes? Ofcourse Yorubas as well as other ethnicities still vote for PDP
Iamgrey5:
This is not very true

A good number of Yorubas also vote PDP in every election, especially in federal elections.

If not, PDP will have fielded an igbo governorship candidate and win long time ago.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by 00FFT00(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

True @ emboldened Yoruba's in Lagos are not even up to 200k.

Just wondering how they have been able to produce Yoruba's as Oba's , Chief's , Governors, Senators, House of reps e.t.c

See the way this guy shifted from the main discussion and be talking bunkum.

Eish

What is fulani population in the north?.
Who are the Emirs, governors, Imams?.

The only shiftie I see here is you.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Christistruth00: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Yes I understand your question.

This is democracy; if a black man can be a Mayor in US, Canada. Then, non-indigenes that have naturalised can aspire any position in Lagos.

helinues:

You can't use the case of black men in USA or Canada in this discussion.
Those black men and women are indigenes.

We are talking about non Indigenes

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by Christistruth00: 9:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Smoke55:
you're too dumb..

After amalgamation Lagos became the first federal capital governing the two amalgamated regions..

Lokoja was Capital of all Nigeria does it have Special Status ?

Calabar was the first Capital of Nigeria and even the Northern Territories were under it at the Time

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by AwkaFinest: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Igbos are about 30-35% in Lagos. Other Non-igbos and Non-Yoruba are about 10%

So besides Igbos and Yorubas every other tribe is 10% in Lagos?

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by helinues: 10:26am On Jun 15, 2022
Smoke55:
you're too dumb..

Even if na paper, just use it to cover your face

1 Like

Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

Must some of you people always argue blindly.

See the way you are exposing yourself on this subject.

Hahahahah

You're just a glorified clown.

Get lost already.

Just wait till the election.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by GODPUNISHALABI: 10:47am On Jun 15, 2022
Frigga13:

OBa and all titles remain indigenous.. doesn’t mean that indigenes are majority.

As for politics.. it have always been rigged in Lagos state ..

Free and fair..

Yoruba won’t govern Lagos ..

Yoruba might only have 1 senator

Yoruba won’t win any state House

In a free and fair Lagos state election

Even with power and federal might

Yoruba still need louts and thugs to rig and scare people

Wake up helinues

Is just a matter of time .. that fear might turn reality
grin grin that idea scares them to the teeth the day nonindigenes go plenty pass indigenes
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Iamgrey5:
Even in igbo dominated areas you will realize it's Yorubas and Eguns(they often vote along similar pattern) that are still voting because the igbos prefer to stay at home and have carnival atmosphere on election day.

I have experienced election in two separate areas of Lagos

In Mushin area(Papa ajo side) where igbos sell spare parts

And Sangotedo after Ajah in Ibeju lekki road

Yet PDP have continuously won in Igbo dominated areas in the 2015 and 2019 presidential o
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:53am On Jun 15, 2022
MadamExcellency:

Dude has been in the vanguard of moves to attack Igbos in Lagos.

He has created lots of threads to promote his sick ideology.

He would however be in for a shocker.

The APC will not just lose out in Igbo dominated areas but also in Hausa dominated areas as well
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by famouscargo4u: 11:06am On Jun 15, 2022
AwkaFinest:

So besides Igbos and Yorubas every other tribe is 10% in Lagos?

Yes, Non-Yoruba are not more than 45% in Lagos.
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by AwkaFinest: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Yes, Non-Yoruba are not more than 45% in Lagos.

I can never believe this. So all the Hausas, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Igala, Bini, Urhobo, Efik, Idoma etc put together are 10%?
Re: Are The Non Indigenes Voters In Lagos State Up To 500k? by famouscargo4u: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2022
AwkaFinest:

I can never believe this. So all the Hausas, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Ijaw, Ibibio, Igala, Bini, Urhobo, Efik, Idoma etc put together are 10%?

okay, they are 40% and Yoruba is just 10% Are you happy now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku No Be G-5 Mate As Makinde And Ugwuanyi Campaign For Atiku / Gembu In Sarduana Lga,taraba State (pictures) / Stay Away From Abure – Labour Party Issues Warning To Peter Obi, Alex Otti, Othe

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.