Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch (1498 Views)

As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? / 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
My Sienna SUV kept burning out the AC compressor clutch.
I noticed that when the engine is on low RPM, the AC will work without any problem.
On higher RPM, especially on the highway, the AC will work but at the end, the Clutch will burn out.
I also noticed burning of the AC line Fuse.

I have changed the Clutch and the coil 3 times and now decided to run the car without the AC till I figure out what is causing the problem.
I told my mechanic to look for a shorter belt that can bypass the AC compressor for now.
He was able to get this fan belt and fixed it. I'm now driving the car without the belt connecting the compressor.
I hope this won't cause any problem to the car.

Secondly, what may be the cause of this continual burning out of my compressor coil and clutch?
What will be the solution.

NOTE: The condenser is new. So, I don't suspect blockage in the condenser.
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by 9icetoo(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
Is there any weld on any of the ac lines?
If so, replace the lines or hoses. That is probably the cause of your problems.
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by 9icetoo(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
Bypassing the compressor won't cause a problem to your car.
This is as long as the alternator and other components are turning in the right direction.
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
9icetoo:
Is there any weld on any of the ac lines?
If so, replace the lines or hoses. That is probably the cause of your problems

Whaaaaooo.... Can this cause a problem. The long pipe that cools the back side had a leakage. They bought another long pipe but had to cut off the two ends and weld back the two old ends to the new pipe as the screw ends of the new pipe can not match the screw fitting in the car.

Are you saying this can cause the clutch to burn out?
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
9icetoo:
Bypassing the compressor won't cause a problem to your car.
This is as long as the alternator and other components are turning in the right direction.

Thanks
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by 9icetoo(m): 9:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Psoul:

Whaaaaooo.... Can this cause a problem. The long pipe that cools the back side had a leakage. They bought another long pipe but had to cut off the two ends and weld back the two old ends to the new pipe as the screw ends of the new pipe can not match the screw fitting in the car.

Are you saying this can cause the clutch to burn out?
Therein lies your problem.
Remove that weld and get someone better skilled to do the welding or get a toks complete pipe.
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
9icetoo:

Therein lies your problem.
Remove that weld and get someone better skilled to do the welding or get a toks complete pipe.

Alright. Thanks so much. I am going to change the pipe.

1 Like

Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by MedicH: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2022
Psoul:

Alright. Thanks so much. I am going to change the pipe.

did it help?
Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2022
MedicH:

did it help?

I changed the pipe.
Changed Thermostat.
Flushed the system and replaced the Condenser Filter.
It worked.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by 9icetoo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2022
Psoul:

I changed the pipe.
Changed Thermostat.
Flushed the system and replaced the Condenser Filter.
It worked.

Thanks.

Glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

Re: Continual Burning Of AC Compressor Clutch by Psoul(m): 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2022
9icetoo:

Glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your idea

(1) (Reply)

Api,acea,saps,ilsac,sae,oem.........what Do They All Mean? / Camry 2.2 For Sale 700k / The Best Utilized Cars To Purchase For Fuel Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.