Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder (8147 Views)

As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? / Brabus' World's Most Powerful Twelve-cylinder SUV Is 4½ Times The Price Of G63 / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Godspower35(m): 2:52am On Mar 02, 2019
The clutch master cylinder is part of any car with manual transmission. It offers the switch hydraulics. If you start to feel or hear something unusual when you switch gears or push down the clutch pedal, pay attention because it may indicate a problem with the master cylinder. If you have a bad coupling
cylinder, you will probably see some of these symptoms. Keep in mind that these symptoms may also be due to other transmission problems, but they are good to look for if you suspect a master cylinder number.

Soft pedal

The “soft” pedal is when you can feel your foot that the pedal has lost its normal resistance when you press it down. This may be due
to leakage of the master cylinder. Leakage may be due to seal problem.

Hard Shift

If it is difficult to move the gearbox, indicates that the Master Cylinder is defective. When you cannot properly switch, it may be difficult to change gear.

Pedal to the floor

If the clutch pedal does not rise from the floor, the hydraulics of the clutch will not work at all. Probably the Master Cylinder has been removed and needs to be replaced immediately. You can't drive a car in this condition.

Low liquid

If you find that the transmission fluid is low and you have to fill it more often than usual, you are likely to have a leak. This leak can come from the master cylinder. It may also be a crack or hole in any transfer system. All gear parts must be checked for leaks to isolate the problem.

Fluid rise in the tank

If you have a bad master cylinder, you can do the following test with an assistant. Ask your assistant to press the switch to see if the reservoir transmission fluid rises when the switch is down and rises again when the switch is released. If this happens, your master cylinder must be replaced.

Loud engagement

If you arrive with the brake applied and the gear engaged, you may hear a loud noise when you hold down the clutch pedal. This may be because the master cylinder is leaking and does not hold the release fork when the pedal is depressed.

Oil on the cylinder

If you still are not sure what the problem is, look under the bonnet and inspect the master cylinder yourself. If the bottom of the cylinder feels moist and oily, the leak is likely to come from the master cylinder.

A defective clutch master cylinder loses its power to maintain the hydraulic pressure required for the operation of the clutch. If you take care of the repair of the cylinder, you protect your entire transmission from damage. Make sure it is repaired immediately.

Points to note:
I believe with this vital point above, it will be easy for you to identify immediate signs of a Bad Clutch Master Cylinder . If these can be easily avoided the vehicle will be in a good condition.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/03/7-symptoms-of-bad-clutch-master-cylinder.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-zevb_QluI0Q/XHnWouFsDdI/AAAAAAAACI8/kEhSV6qLMScU6Y9RqqzTxLHfXBNstQXVgCLcBGAs/s1600/clutch%2Bmaster%2Bcylinder.jpg[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by slawomir: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2019
Okay
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by morikee: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2019
The guy above stole my ftc
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by AllenSpencer: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2019
And when you are eating Okro soup with Starch, does it mean you can't watch the English Premier league even when it's glaring that LeBron James will never be as tactical as Usain Bolt. Still a fault at some point, democracy is not meant for all countries even thought is glaring that dogs are closer to human than cows.
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by DontLeaveTown: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2019

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by kay29000(m): 11:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Informative.
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 02, 2019
I don't know how to drive grin
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by jola3030: 11:09am On Mar 02, 2019
wow didnt knw about this, thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by IjebuWarrior: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2019
Debramaye:

Well, you're ONLY 10 and aren't supposed to anyway. angry
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by xander34real: 11:14am On Mar 02, 2019
ATTEND THIS PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING MASTER-CLASS AND BE A CERTIFIED DIGITAL MEDIA PROFESSIONAL IN 2019 - NO BOREDOM. NO BLATHERING. NO BULLSHIT. 100% PRACTICAL!

The truth is this social media likes don’t necessarily turn to leads that eventually can turn to sales.

To be the Digital Media Marketer Employers and clients want to hire - you need to understand how to implement the digital media marketing mix - paid and guerilla marketing, social media management, build inbound traffic, content creation for Ads, create designs needed for your Ads campaign and email marketing etc

AREAS TO BE COVERED IN THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N35,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N38,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: MARCH 27, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: ASOKORO AND LIFE CAMP CENTERS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Digital Media

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are in Abuja and you want to partner with us. Kindly reach us ASAP. PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN COMING SOON!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2019
kiss
IjebuWarrior:

Well, you're ONLY 10 and aren't supposed to anyway. angry
kiss
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by femi4: 11:23am On Mar 02, 2019
Debramaye:
let me teach you when you are ready..hope you are up to 18 sha
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by femi4: 11:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Op should come with symptoms of bad brake....who clutch help
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by adanny01(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
OP, you must be living in the distant past....shouldn't this be a thread for the 90's? Clutch? Since when?
Just like trying to advice folks how to maintain or clean a Carburetor of a car... How many current vehicles use that sh!t anymore? None! sad

90% of operating vehicles on the roads are automatic!

How many manual transmission vehicles are still out there (other than danfos)?

Chairman, do you know the number of 2008-2015 Toyota Hilux and Corolla that are using manual transmission. Almost all fleet vehicles are manual transmission be it government or private. These cars end up in private hands. Taxis are manual too. I am typing this reply in a manual car.

I have decided that any utilities car in my house will be a manual or diesel or both.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by kernniejay(m): 11:29am On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
OP, you must be living in the distant past....shouldn't this be a thread for the 90's? Clutch? Since when?
Just like trying to advice folks how to maintain or clean a Carburetor of a car... How many current vehicles use that sh!t anymore? None! sad

IjebuWarrior you are wrong.
Most race cars use manual transmissions. There is no car that doesn't have it's manual transmission version. There are year 2020 model cars with manual transmission. Even Range Rovers and specially ordered Rolce Royce build manual. The truth is that most people don't want to pass through the rigours of learning driving, even a 5 year old can drive an automatic car by just observing his dad drive. Also, manual are not interesting to drive in traffic due to the stress of clutching and changing gears.
But believe me, manual transmission still rocks till tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Alejob: 11:30am On Mar 02, 2019
femi4:
you are too proud, that's why nobody dey patronize you

wink Noted Sir! cheesy I will adjust but to the glory of God, aje n bu igba je grin
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Histrings08(m): 11:32am On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

mumu... I drive a manual car... What's d big deal?

1 Like

Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by koyeni(m): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2019
Tnx for d info

Check my signature if u need a good laptop
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by ancientt: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2019
yep
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by sheteni: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2019
hmm
Re: 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 02, 2019
After driving the "stick" for years, I prefer automatic drives.

Nice. You are lucky you made FP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Reliable Cars - Revealed! / Volkswagen And Ford Form Global Alliance To Make Pickups, Evs And Vans / 1990 W126 560sec Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.