Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan (30829 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Ahmed Lawan Stranded As INEC Certifies Bashir Machina Winner Of Yobe North / Ahmad Lawan In Limbo As Bashir Machina Refuses To Step Down From Senate Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by shuttox: 5:11am On Jun 16, 2022
The Yobe North Senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bashir Machina, has stated that President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, who currently occupies the seat, did not have a plan to return to the Senate.

Machina, who insisted on not giving the ticket to Lawan, stated the senator would not have contested the party’s presidential primary if he had the ambition of returning to the Senate.

Lawan had contested for APC’s presidential ticket and lost to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed at the primary.

There are reports that Lawan is now seeking a transfer of the senatorial ticket secured by Machina to him to return to the Senate.

Speaking on Politics Today, a current affairs programme on Channels Television on Wednesday, Machina said, “The pressure is more or less speculative. There wasn’t any clear-cut person or message directly that says I should step down but from the headquarters of my party (APC), recently I was informed that if I was still in the race, I should write formally to inform the party that I am.”

He confirmed that the letter that trended online was his response to the request from an unnamed caller from the national headquarters of the APC.

“I formally wrote a letter to the party, reiterating and affirming my position, that I am still the candidate; that I did not withdraw, and I am not withdrawing, and I’m in the race in the event that anybody is contemplating or doubting that there is any move,” he said.

When asked if the leadership of the APC asked him to step down for Lawan, Machina said, “No, I won’t step down because Ahmad Lawan did not contest for the Senate. Of course, it is a known fact that Ahmad Lawan contested for president and lost. And when I contested for Senate, Lawan did not participate (in the primary) or did not contest (for Senate). So, I don’t think that may be in any way an issue.”

When asked what he would do if the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), asked him to, Machina said the APC would not repeat the undemocratic tendencies in other parties for which the ruling party was created to end.

The candidate also stated that he is senior to Lawan by legislative ranking as he was in the House of Representatives in the defunct Third Republic while Lawan joined the National Assembly in the Fourth Republic.

https://punchng.com/i-wont-step-down-for-lawan-yobe-senatorial-candidate-insists/?amp

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Bastard1stborn: 5:23am On Jun 16, 2022
Ko kanmi

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Success77x: 5:33am On Jun 16, 2022
He'll learn new thing.
Thanks to the new Electoral act.
He has been served the Saraki dosage.
What goes around comes around.

334 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by yinkus6750(m): 5:40am On Jun 16, 2022
Good decision.
Hope you maintain your stand till the end.
Everyone has equal right to the position.
Lawan miscalculated.

227 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ayoolataiwo(m): 5:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Ahmed don enter one chance,no b him inheritance,,make him go rest abeg,haba since 1999

313 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Newton2024: 5:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Why should you step down for him? No case here. This is something we supposed not to hear anything about in the first place if not for greed and lack of honour of our polithiefcians.

189 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Mandate2023: 5:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Very good

339 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:06am On Jun 16, 2022
That's your Dividend of Democracy.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:08am On Jun 16, 2022
Yes oo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:09am On Jun 16, 2022
What goes around comes around.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:10am On Jun 16, 2022
Supported

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:13am On Jun 16, 2022
Everyone has equal right to spoil NIGERIA.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:15am On Jun 16, 2022
Na his Inheritance. I mean his "EBOLA".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by orisa37: 6:21am On Jun 16, 2022
INDEED.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by abu12: 6:23am On Jun 16, 2022
orji kalu deceive you to contest for president and you foolishlly agree

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by georgen2u(m): 6:32am On Jun 16, 2022
I see Tinubu hand behind this, you remember he assured him to lick his wound,
Now we know what that means

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Zelenskyy(m): 6:41am On Jun 16, 2022
This is what happens when a Rubber Stamped Fat Nigga follows the Advice of a Northern Slave....

Now he would be careful not to swallow whatever the Northern Slave tells him.

Look at his fat face,

looking so confused, downcast, beaten, battered, shattered and Tattooed.

He is now suffering from loss of memory and forgetfulness.

You never see anything....

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Maxymilliano(m): 6:42am On Jun 16, 2022
This will be a double whammy for the lame duck rubber stamp buffoon

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by muchex: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2022
Nice

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by IgOga(m): 6:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Lawan is really bad at the job.

1. Made an electoral law where he schemed statutory delegates including himself out from voting at party primaries.

2. Realising his mistake he started running up and down for Buhari to sign amended electoral act but trust Baba go slow e still dey study him signature grin

3. Lawan decided not to buy senatorial form nor contest....he forgot again that he may want to return to senate if he looses his presidential bid.

4. He lost his presidential bid...cos greed and Kalu happened to him....he was meant to step down for Tinubu but decided to give it a go....deceived by Adamu

5. Now his own electoral act will retire him politically

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by jojothaiv(m): 6:55am On Jun 16, 2022
Serves him right.

You can't eat your cake and have it except you're the cake maker and you have your own bakery.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by updatechange(m): 6:56am On Jun 16, 2022
grin
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by wolesmile(m): 6:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Just let him know it's your turn now. Tell him "Emi lo Kan"

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by PENNYSWAP: 6:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Blame buhari for your woes .... he wasn’t man enough to deliver and you sef weren’t man Enough to deliver your self

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by McGg: 6:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Greedy ass political elite

OBIDIENT ALL THE WAY
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by humberjade: 6:57am On Jun 16, 2022
Wahala for the rubber stamp buffalo grin

Cabal put am for long thing...all the mumu loyalty, where e come land am? If you wan eat with the devil, you gas use very long spoon.

But the thing sweet my belle sha, he wants to eat his cake and have it grin

Dem no born Buhari well make e carry loan approval go the Senate right now...I am sure Lawan must be fuming right now. grin

42 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu. / Victor Malu Is Dead (Ex Chief Of Army Staff) / Heavy Oil Explosion In Okpare-Olomu Delta State, Community River On Fire. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.