Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

“Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi (30136 Views)

Obi Media Team: Peter Obi Met With Atiku, Saraki, Lamido To Rescue Nigeria / Sule Lamido: Peter Obi, Doyin Okupe Are Alive To Attest To What I Told Them / PDP Convention: How PDP Governors Floored Atiku, Saraki, Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by chymer(m): 10:00am On May 14
The presidential candidate of Labour Party, LP, in the 2023 elections, Peter Obi, has explained why yesterday, he paid what close associates described as “private visits” to prominent leaders of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Those visited included former vice president and presidential candidate of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar; former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and former Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido.

But Obi’s visit to these leaders has raised questions about future plans of Nigeria’s main opposition parties, ahead of the 2027 general elections.

Atiku
Recall that Atiku first announced Obi’s visit on his social media handle. He informed his followers that the former LP standard bearer paid him a visit. Atiku noted that he was always delighted to receive him.

Peter Obi, the former Anambra State governor was Atiku’s running mate on the PDP presidential ticket during the 2019 general elections.

However, they lost to former President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

But details of yesterday’s meetings are yet to be made public.

Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that discussions about the need for the opposition to form a common front, ahead of 2027, featured prominently.

Atiku had, at various fora, harped on the need for the opposition to unite. According to him, it remains the only way to rid the nation of the current hardship imposed by the President Ahmed Tinubu-led All Progressives Congress, APC, administration.

Contacted, Atiku’s Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, said: “The meeting was held behind closed doors. But we haven’t been briefed.”

Peter Obi
However, Obi’s media aide, Dr. Yunusa Tanko, explained the visits in a statement. This came barely an hour after Obi’s separate meetings.

He explained that “the state of the nation and the plight of the poor” inspired the visits.

Tanko said: Mr. Peter Obi has continued to live up to his expressed commitment to the peace and progress of the nation.”

Aso, he added: His abiding devotion is to the emergence of a Nigeria that works for all its peoples and where the people are quickly pulled out of poverty.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/why-visited-atiku-saraki-lamido-obi/

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Golan007: 10:04am On May 14
Looking for votes.

Simples.

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by LadyExcellency: 10:06am On May 14
Golan007:
Looking for votes.

Simples.

Maybe a better Nigeria.
Argentina elected a new president same time we did President Tinubu and every gainsayer can see progress in every facet of Argentine society but we got it all wrong with Tinubu.

242 Likes 19 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by AqualinaXYZ: 10:13am On May 14
Golan007:
Looking for votes.

Simples.

Thats never been a crime

Do you know what’s a crime?

Avoiding debates and public functions only to rig the entire country votes and still remain a failure after 335days

294 Likes 29 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Golan007: 10:13am On May 14
AqualinaXYZ:

Thats never been a crime

Do you know what’s a crime?

Avoiding debates and public functions only to rig the entire country votes and still remain a failure after 335days

Why would anyone debate a liar?

Lamba International.

117 Likes 11 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:25am On May 14
The significance of Obi's rendezvous with these influential personalities has prompted inquiries into the future trajectory of Nigeria's main opposition parties as they gear up for the 2027 general elections.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Xscape1993(m): 10:33am On May 14
Any good move that will kick out the evil party call APC from the corridor of power is highly welcome and recommendable.

97 Likes 14 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Paraman: 10:37am On May 14
LadyExcellency:

Maybe a better Nigeria.
Argentina elected a new president same time we did President Tinubu and every gainsayer can see progress in every facet of Argentine society but we got it all wrong with Tinubu.
Are you drunk?

Which Argentina are you talking about?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2024/03/05/argentina-milei-economy-peso-devaluation-austerity-hunger/

The same Argentina a lot of unions are on strike?

https://www.euronews.com/business/2024/05/10/argentina-grinds-to-a-halt-as-unions-launch-strike-against-milei-reforms

I don't want to believe you're high by this time on tuesday morning.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2024/02/05/argentina-inflation-to-hit-250-in-2024-oecd/amp/

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Paraman: 10:42am On May 14
LadyExcellency:

Maybe a better Nigeria.
The same Argentina inflation rate will hit 250% this year?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2024/02/05/argentina-inflation-to-hit-250-in-2024-oecd/amp/

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 10:45am On May 14
Bitter OBI your visit to them has no any value to the nation

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by helinues: 10:45am On May 14
Peter Obi, a politician with no political ideology.

That shows how desperate he his

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Kingpele(m): 10:51am On May 14
PO u don't have to explain anything...do u want to kill all this BATerians with OBI bitters ...have mercy on their poor lives

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Dpharisee: 10:51am On May 14
This man have some pity on Agbadox, you have been putting them into confusion with your moves like Mess wey somebody mess inside bus grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by abobote: 10:52am On May 14
Under the rain, in the sun, we will go with you sir

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by AbuTwins: 10:53am On May 14
Ajala travel round the world!

Globetrotter!

grin

You are strengthening the northern connection for the next elections!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:53am On May 14
Journalism in Nigeria is very bad,after reading the whole piece,there is no where Peter Obi spoke on while he visited them,why now use the headline and start talking about other things that have already be said

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Barrylord4040: 10:53am On May 14
Bitter obi is so desperate

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by ruggedboych: 10:53am On May 14
grin
Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by southsouthking(m): 10:53am On May 14
Baterians are confused and already shivering in their holes.
They forgot so soon how APC unsurp the PDP.
One wonder why they are scared and concerned about the visit.
Does it mean i can visit whoever i want to visit again in peace?

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by bastien: 10:53am On May 14
Anyway we must get there, let’s play dirty cause u don’t wear expect yourself to be beat when u wanna fight pigs

1 Like

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Ola9ja23: 10:54am On May 14
Only irrelevant and jobless people visit his enemies up and down

Bitter Obituary is a boy 😀😁😁

Nigeria that works under fraudster like Obituary

Can anything good comes out of Bitter Obituary?

All his boreholes has collapsed within 2 months. Very incompetent gbajue 😁😁😀

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Basic123: 10:54am On May 14
YOU MEAN WHY YOU RETURNED TO THE SAME STRUCTURE YOU DESCRIBED AS STRUCTURE OF CRIMINALITY??

😆 😆 😆

A.THIEFKU,YOUR MENTOR IS NO LONGER A THIEF AFTERALL

BELIEVE BIAFRANS PACKAGING OF PETER OBI AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Honestey: 10:54am On May 14
We all know the reason for your funny visits. Obi won't mind coming back to PDP as Vice presidential candidate to his master Atiku once again and the Obidients will once again tell us Atiku is the best thing after Jesus and his government with Obi will land them inside paradise

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Sirdikachi: 10:54am On May 14
I need a job
Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by VinnyBaba: 10:55am On May 14
PETER OBI the Great Man! 🙌

Nigerians love you Sir! cool

Carry on with your Steady Moves! smiley

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Truthsandtrusts: 10:55am On May 14
chymer:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/05/why-visited-atiku-saraki-lamido-obi/

Idiots, always using the name of the poor people to deceive the nation... which poor are you fighting for 2027 thief

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by MorolayoVictor(m): 10:55am On May 14
Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Basic123: 10:55am On May 14
bastien:
Anyway we must get there, let’s play dirty cause u don’t wear expect yourself to be beat when u wanna fight pigs

So he is ready to fight dirty now 😆

You people level of hypocrisy eh!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by Kingpele(m): 10:55am On May 14
helinues:
Peter Obi, a politician with no political ideology.

That shows how desperate he his
Hahaha Baterian have u drank your obi bitters today? U need it so u can see front

13 Likes

Re: “Why I Visited Atiku, Saraki, Lamido" - Peter Obi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:56am On May 14
Golan007:
As Obi developed Anambra abi?
Is Obi the Governor? Soludo built that and commissioned it,are you okay upstairs?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP To Recruit Atiku,kwankwaso To Contest Against Buhari In 2019 / Pro-Biafra Supporters In London & Switzerland For Anniversary Of Biafra / Amina Mohammed Cleans Gutter With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.