Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan (30843 Views)

I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Ahmed Lawan Stranded As INEC Certifies Bashir Machina Winner Of Yobe North / Ahmad Lawan In Limbo As Bashir Machina Refuses To Step Down From Senate Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by seunayantokun(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Abeg, no gree o. Just hold it on and hold on to it.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Cloud007: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2022
The president, VP and SP retiring same time.

Lovely cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Aystarz: 7:38am On Jun 16, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
Ahmed don enter one chance,no b him inheritance,,make him go rest abeg,haba since 1999

Since 99 All those years and nothing to show for it?

Bloody career politicians stealing a living at the expense of our Commonwealth.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by iezeiyida(m): 7:39am On Jun 16, 2022
A guy with iron balls! grin

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by heydays: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2022
GROSS

Jeezuzpick:

That is the most unpatriotic thing I have read lately.

Your moniker is a misnomer.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2022
IgOga:
Lawan is really bad at the job.

1. Made an electoral law where he schemed statutory delegates including himself out from voting at party primaries.

2. Realising his mistake he started running up and down for Buhari to sign amended electoral act but trust Baba go slow e still dey study him signature grin

3. Lawan decided not to buy senatorial form nor contest....he forgot again that he may want to return to senate if he looses his presidential bid.

4. He lost his presidential bid...cos greed and Kalu happened to him....he was meant to step down for Tinubu but decided to give it a go....deceived by Adamu

5. Now his own electoral act will retire him politically
Why should he step down for Tinubu when his North East have not produced a President before?
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by NairaMaster1(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2022
ayoolataiwo:
Ahmed don enter one chance,no b him inheritance,,make him go rest abeg,haba since 1999

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by IgOga(m): 7:48am On Jun 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Why should he step down for Tinubu when his North East have not produced a President before?

That was the deal he had with Tinubu before Kalu gave him this same advice. Well the rest his history now....Tinubu even called him out in his acceptance speech.

Unfortunately for him the other man is not willing to step down for him. Under his own electoral act there is nothing he can do now.

6 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by SAFSCAO(f): 7:49am On Jun 16, 2022
okok
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2022
IgOga:

That was the deal he had with Tinubu before Kalu gave him this same advice. Well the rest his history now....Tinubu even called him out in his acceptance speech.

Unfortunately for him the other man is not willing to step down for him. Under his own electoral act there is nothing he can do now.
Where is the proof, where you there when he had the deal?
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ninetiethcrown7(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2022
Jeezuzpick:

Even if he steps down, wouldn't the primaries be rerun?

Would the same people who voted for him have voted for Lawan?

Can the votes given to Machina simply be automatically transferred to Lawan who never ran for election?

What of the aspirant who came second, shouldn't he or she have the right of first refusal?

It's not only an illegality, it's illogical and nonsensical.

apparently machina was the only candidate on the ballot for the yobe apc north primaries, there was no other candidate.

there is lowkey rumour that there was a deal struck before the primaries that machina was standing in place for lawan, reason why he won the election unopposed. morally, you might see why machina should step down, but in the end, the game is the game. sha lets be watching because it never end.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Agugbadin: 7:51am On Jun 16, 2022
Nice one. Please don't step down.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Brushstrokes20: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2022
The overfed toad / rubber stamp buffoon shot himself in the foot! undecided Chop your breakfast in peace!

3 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Dmacqh(m): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2022
So he has been combining the 2 chambers since 1999 ? God have mercy. He is the only wise or learned man from his side ? What has he achieved for his constituency?

I think we need a law that mandates every political position at all level to be 1 tenure based. This will help baton of National Treasury looting and enjoyment to be changing hands fast. Politics is service . Politics isn’t a career.

Yesterday an argument which I couldn’t verify emanated, that all the Northern ( Hausa ) states Governors and prominent Emirs are all Fulani descent ? I know Fulani are immigrants , and Hausa people own the North, that
they hid their divide and conquer motive behind Religion to deceive the land owners ( Hausa ) and took her land. Is this true ?

2 Likes

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by happney65: 7:59am On Jun 16, 2022
Politics na your mate? Lmao

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by rant19ade: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2022
I like this machina guy, abeg no step down
Make the black urchin go find real work to do
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by haffaze777(m): 8:00am On Jun 16, 2022
Lawan should go and collect orji uzor kalu ticketgrin, he's the one that push him to where he is now.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by John4B: 8:01am On Jun 16, 2022
Don't just listen to anybody asking u to step down for lawan. Moreover the seat was meant for lawan. Nonsense! He(lawan) cannot eat his cake and have it.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by dikokoyo(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ponishah: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2022
shuttox:

https://punchng.com/i-wont-step-down-for-lawan-yobe-senatorial-candidate-insists/?amp
This is the type of politicians we need in this country.
National assembly should make a law to stop all these childishness in and after primaries, they should make compulsory for one to be eligible to purchase only one form

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by frog12: 8:11am On Jun 16, 2022
LAWAN is in trouble
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by IgOga(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Where is the proof, where you there when he had the deal?

grin grin grin
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 16, 2022
If you step down you can never rise again. This is your destiny, keep it or give it out.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by VEHINTOLAR: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2022
Lawan can't eat his cake and have it ! We support you on this decision man.
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:16am On Jun 16, 2022
Ali ndume would be laughing somewhere now..
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by snoopz: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2022
This one go take a lot of convincing to get him to get his guy to step down, he go too show lawn pepper
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Baba40(f): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by Freebills12: 8:20am On Jun 16, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
georgen2u:
I see Tinubu hand behind this, you remember he assured him to lick his wound,
Now we know what that means

Don't tarnish the image of someone who is innocent in this case. If you are Machina will you withdraw knowing that your state is APC state and that you have 80% assurance of winning.

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ufotunang: 8:21am On Jun 16, 2022
Is it by force to step down...you did not participate in the primaries and you want to be a senator and want to force someone to step down for you. . are you the owner of the national assembly

1 Like

Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by tnerro1(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2022
He should beg the northern slave Kalu to step down for him to take his sit
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by lugado: 8:22am On Jun 16, 2022
georgen2u:
I see Tinubu hand behind this, you remember he assured him to lick his wound,
Now we know what that means
Tinubu had nothing to do with this
It's just logical he never bought form
He didn't contest
Inec will never recognize lawan
They will just dash pdp the sit
Journalist are just making a story out of it
Re: Bashir Machina: I Won’t Step Down For Lawan by ufuosman(m): 8:23am On Jun 16, 2022
Don't step down for him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks With Dalung On Phone From London Over His Wife's Death / Burial Of IPOB Member Killed When Army Invaded Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos) / Ambode Receives Namibian President On First Day In Office [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.