Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:21 PM

Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate (29334 Views)

Atiku Reveals Reasons For Picking Okowa As VP Candidate (Full Speech) / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning / Anambra 2021: PDP Vice-Chairman Presents Valentine Ozigbo To Governor Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by baretalk: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
Parrot69:

I swear, Atiku just struck himself on the foot grin grin. Instead of him to choose a more vibrant Wike, a rugged politican capable of pulling great crowd in the South, he went for a no body... who knows Okowa beyond Delta state? The little vote he may be banking on in the South East and South South is no longer feasible.
We’re waiting for Tinubu to make his own mistake also which we all know he’s likely to go for Muslim-Musilm candidates in the person Ganduje grin with the way things are currently in this country, no right thinking youth will vote for old cargos grin neither will they get a single vote in SE & SS. North Central is off target for them grin
Peter Obi should be wise and go for Kwakwaso. Beyond him, I don’t see any candidate capable of pulling voters in the north. Peter Obi has already conquered SE and SS. Middle belt falls in line with pockets of South West.
Not true...South South votes are split.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Noble90(m): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
I can see everything turning around for Obi's good if only he plays his card well
On the other hand,ATIKU is a failure in upcoming election while Tinubu will share money and this time money won't solve it.Obi all the way.....

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Handsum64: 1:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
They are eyeing Delta's money
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by baretalk: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2022
VoteObi2023:

grin

I am sure you are disappointed. You wanted Wike because he is unsellable in the SE, North and SW.

Atiku stands a better chance than the sick thief.
Tinubu is a money maker, a resourceful man... kettle calling pot black.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by PENNYSWAP: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
DonNeon:
Lol.... The kind of decision atiku and Tinubu are making as regards picking their running mate will cost them the post for presidency next year.....

Let's just watch how things will unfold, if for any reason Tinubu sticks to masari or Ganduje or any Muslim as his running mate it will be game over for him too...

Peter obi needs to be strategic and strike a broker with kwankwaso........

He needs to be Kwakwanso’s deputy

Core northerners won’t vote him as president
Let him be Vice now after 8 years then he can now constest to be president
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by RealOmegwiOsas: 1:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
One down! One more to Go!!!!
#StrictlyOBIdient!!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by sylve11: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

Wike will kill Atiku and take over his position

grin grin cool
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by 2elliot: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
helinues:
Interesting

Wike and Makinde would be more confused with this development.

Udom or Diri would have been better

Anyways congrats to Okowa.

Which Diri? That "Thanksgiving governor" who does nothing meaningful but conducts Thanksgiving services every Sunday? That dude is a failure pro max.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Antoeni(m): 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa Wey be Mumu , Atiku go dey Slap slap Dis one , he go even tell am to kneel down ,hands up and Close your Eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Pio44: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2022
Home Training won’t let me post
what I have in mind for Fr. Mbaka.
I have typed thrice n deleted them....,peter is the best choice 2023

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Parrot69:

I swear, Atiku just struck himself on the foot grin grin. Instead of him to choose a more vibrant Wike, a rugged politican capable of pulling great crowd in the South, he went for a no body... who knows Okowa beyond Delta state? The little vote he may be banking on in the South East and South South is no longer feasible.
We’re waiting for Tinubu to make his own mistake also which we all know he’s likely to go for Muslim-Musilm candidates in the person Ganduje grin with the way things are currently in this country, no right thinking youth will vote for old cargos grin neither will they get a single vote in SE & SS. North Central is off target for them grin
Peter Obi should be wise and go for Kwakwaso. Beyond him, I don’t see any candidate capable of pulling voters in the north. Peter Obi has already conquered SE and SS. Middle belt falls in line with pockets of South West.

Do you think at all? Which North Central? Do you know Yorubas dominate Kwara by 90% Do you know Yorubas are in Kogi? The other Kogi tribes are more related with the West too.

Is it Benue that Peter Obi want to win or Abuja that's already for Atiku?

Peter Obi may have chance in Nassarawa. That's all he can get.

I'm from the middle belt, so stop this rubbish.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Munzy14(m): 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
chatinent:
Meanwhile, Aisha Buhari rn:
Lol grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Parrot69: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
baretalk:

Not true...South South votes are split.
Really?
The masses are woken. People are going to vote on individual/preferred candidate not party affiliates.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Focusmind: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
helinues:

SE have indirectly schemed themselves out from the 2 major political party in Nigeria.

Should Obi loss, the region would have to be in political orphanage home for quite some time

SE always behaves childish and emotional when it comes to national politics. You are right by your submission. They have willingly schemed themselves out of reckoning. The idiotic Obi does not even know the damage he has done to SE in the incoming political dispensation. He allowed his emotions to get the better of him by resigning from PDP, and to make it worse, joined a party without any capacity to win election.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Adgraced: 1:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Ifeanyi Okowa is a good guy and I wish him well

Ifeanyi Okowa is Anioma Igbo man and a hard working governor

He performed excellently well for his people as governor and will do well as the number 2 citizen of federal republic of Nigeria if PDP wins
Oga dont us confuse here. Ifeanyi Okowa is not an igbo man. He is deltan. Deltans even when they are bearing igbo names, even with igbo as their mother tongue do not consider themselves as igbo. They will rather be associated with yorubas. But when they want to manipulate the SE in politics, they will go for the igbo bearing delta indigenes.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by essentialone(m): 1:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:
Power to the people

Now we move

PDP!!!

PDP!!

North 2023

This is a very good choice by Atiku.

Now that Okezie Ikpeazu and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has woefully lost in their scheme of being the VP, let us see if they will have sense and support their Igbo brother Peter Obi.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by baretalk: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
Parrot69:

Really?
The masses are woken. People are going to vote on individual/preferred candidate not party affiliates.
Even based on individual preferred and interest based.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2022
useni1:
Atiku is a mental patient for choosing this idiot as running mate. Okowa you mess with my family. Body go tell you soon

Cultist don drop threat lol.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by essentialone(m): 1:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Adgraced:
Oga dont us confuse here. Ifeanyi Okowa is not an igbo man. He is deltan. Deltans even when they are bearing igbo names, even with igbo as their mother tongue do not consider themselves as igbo. They will rather be associated with yorubas. But when they want to manipulate the SE in politics, they will go for the igbo bearing delta indigenes.

Breaking News!
Wike, Okezie Ikpeazu, and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi decamps to Labour Party. PDP kicks!
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Parrot69: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
CallYeNot:

Do you think at all? Which North Central? Do you know Yorubas dominate Kwara by 90% Do you know Yorubas are in Kogi? The other Kogi tribes are more related with the West too.

Is it Benue that Peter Obi want to win or Abuja that's already for Atiku?

Peter Obi may have chance in Nassarawa. That's all he can get.

I'm from the middle belt, so stop this rubbish.
When you know not about political science you shut up f00l!!
You think say 2023 is 2019?
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by IDIOTmoderators: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
bizbrainko:
Honestly a more rugged Wike would have been a killer punch, but what do I know?

Okowa is too slow to my liking. I am still trying to measure his level of appeal to other groups in the South.
Wike will kill Atiku and become president.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Neoteny7: 1:55pm On Jun 16, 2022
bizbrainko:
Honestly a more rugged Wike would have been a killer punch, but what do I know?

Okowa is too slow to my liking. I am still trying to measure his level of appeal to other groups in the South.

Wike would not submit to Atiku's authority, he'll probably challenge and undermine his patron, and badmouth anyone who disagrees with him. He's also very likely to assassinate Atiku to gain the office of President, given his uncouth, dangerous, ambitious, desperate, and fiery disposition.

He's a bull in a china shop with absolutely no regard for anyone nor restraint.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Besk:

You are dumb and have no logical reasoning faculty.

There is no APC supporter that will wish for Wike as VP to Atiku. Wike is fearless, rugged, rude and would have given APC a tough time in the campaigns.

Okowa is not a bad guy but the fact that he went against the accord of the southern governors by going to back a northern candidate in the primaries will haunt him. You can take that to the bank.
What stupid accord!!! The same accord that was a smokescreen by the SW to blackmail the other southern regions to support them after betraying GEJ in 2015

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by OfoIgbo: 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
helinues:

SE have indirectly schemed themselves out from the 2 major political party in Nigeria.

Should Obi loss, the region would have to be in political orphanage home for quite some time

Okowa is an Igbo man, so at least Igbos are represented in two parties. Labour and PDP

Yorubas are represented in one party.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by preciousfeb(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Ifeanyi Okowa is a good guy and I wish him well

Ifeanyi Okowa is Anioma Igbo man and a hard working governor

He performed excellently well for his people as governor and will do well as the number 2 citizen of federal republic of Nigeria if PDP wins

May your life become wat Delta state became under Okowa. Pls say amen

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
Adgraced:
Lol inukwa an Igbo man from delta state to be rather associated with the yorubas
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Jomonix: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
muykem:
PDP is fraudulent as a party. What's the essence of screen committee and nomination committee? They put those committees together to drain fund from Wike and Co.

...and serves them right. PDP has expired. Atiku can never win Tinubu.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
Besk:

You are dumb and have no logical reasoning faculty.

There is no APC supporter that will wish for Wike as VP to Atiku. Wike is fearless, rugged, rude and would have given APC a tough time in the campaigns.

Okowa is not a bad guy but the fact that he went against the accord of the southern governors by going to back a northern candidate in the primaries will haunt him. You can take that to the bank.

Very apt!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by Focusmind: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
PENNYSWAP:

He needs to be Kwakwanso’s deputy

Core northerners won’t vote him as president
Let him be Vice now after 8 years then he can now constest to be president

Obi should have remained loyal to Atiku. I am still at a loss on how he thinks he would win. He seems to be over estimating himself and his Popularity. Outside the SE, Obi does not command any mass following. His supporters are busy insulting every body, thinking that by being vocal online, he would get the vote. The man made the worse political mistake of his life.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Announces Okowa As PDP Vice Presidential Candidate by seunmsg(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa is not a good choice for PDP. He’s not a governor with popularity and acceptability outside Delta state. In terms of performance, he has not done much. Most Delta people see him as a tribalist who concentrated more projects in his home town and neglected the other parts of the state.

He can’t deliver SS votes to PDP the same way a Wike would have done. The fact that he betrayed the southern governors forum agreement will also work against him. Overall, this is good for APC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.