Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,697 members, 7,865,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? (216 Views)

Did Atiku Break Civil Service Commission Rules? (Video) / FACT CHECK: Did Atiku Hire US Lobbyists To Get Him Recognised As President? / Did Atiku Lie About Employing 50,000 People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Few people know about the electoral law in Nigeria. even the masses that will cast vote and down to delegates, electoral law they know not. but i am very sure there are brilliant, vibrant young men here in nairaland with sound background in politics. Sentiments aside, why did Atiku choose Okowa of all people as running mate? Okowa that his state people are complaining of his government. Delta state have the worst interstate road network, talk about power, zero. employment zero. For good seven years what has he achieved as a governor in the state, that a presidential candidate is picking him as a running mate? or is he doing this to divide the southern votes. Trust me Obi might just finally come up as the winner.
Re: Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by iCheckm8: 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
I think Okowa is simply the best he's got
Re: Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by slimfit1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2022
Because he is a complete fool.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by saintokwuluora(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2022
Even if he chose me, I will still vote Peter Obi.
Re: Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by Dreal1247: 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
The best person that would have fought doggedly for him is Wike, but he cannot control Wike. He chose Okowa so that they can use him as Osibanjo is being used by the APC. On Obi we stand.
Re: Why Did Atiku Choose Okowa As Running Mate? by ogmask: 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa as vice did not just happen as they want you to believe. Okowa was picked from the day wike jumped into the ring. Recall the southern PDP govs meeting where they agreed to support one of their own to become the flag bearer. At that time they had no one in mind. At some point, wike came up without consulting his colleagues and went on campaigning vigorously. He did not even see it fit to visit his southern colleagues for their support/buy-in haven betrayed them by not abiding by their collective agreement. Atiku noticed the flaw from the wike's camp and he cornered the govs wike had shown little or no respect. Atiku had Bayelsa, Edo and delta in his kitty till wike fought to wrestle Edo from obaseki's hold. While all of these battles were going on Atiku was busy securing the bags of the above-mentioned states with promises such as VP and other juicy positions. Of the three southern states okowa is the only gov who's tenure ends with that of the incumbent president. Another plus is that Okowa is loved by the Ijaws, who are a strong majority down south, as evident in his relationship with tom polo and EK Clark, Okowa has the financial war chest to support the campaign and most importantly okowa is a simple quiet man who will support rather than fight his boss.
So, my brother, if you think this announcement of today was hatched yesterday you need to glance back to the events leading to the PDP presidential primaries.
In conclusion, it is also important to note that VPs do not necessarily needs to come to the election table with gloves in hands ready to wrestle. The battle is usually between the presidential candidates. The position of a VP is more of supportive.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Unexpected Popularity Has Rattled Die Hard Tribalists To The Core! / Mbaka Has Apologised To Peter Obi. (pictures) / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.