Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge (44178 Views)

Osun Decides: PDP Is Ready – Okowa Reacts As Adeleke Wins Governorship Poll / APC Convention: Saraki Reacts To Emergence Of Oshiomhole, Others / Ras Kimono: Governor Okowa Reacts To Death Of Reggae Icon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Oju4190: 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku 2
Wike 0
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by KILLTHECOWS(f): 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
Pls Vote for OBi for biafra actualization he is the son of biafra he will work on it when he wins the coming election we will massively support him.
tinubu for NURTW president....someone that said he will continue where buhari left us..Godforbid...
Tinubu will only win in 3 south west state.
We are waiting for him and his APC chalants to tell it to the face of all northern Christian's that there is no competent Christian from the north to serve as VP...

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by deeva2: 4:08pm On Jun 16, 2022
SensualMan1:
A dull man like Okowa cannot pull a string in the SS/SE.
Atiku is only banking on him cos of the state resources at his disposal.

This is a gain to the SE because they have nothing to gain in Atiku presidency but everything to gain in Asiwaju Obi's Presidency.

Do u now gerrit?
If u don't gerrit, u Fogerreabourrit!

On Asiwaju Peter Oladimeji Obi Mandate I stand Gidigba!

You are even using Asiwaju to sell ur ibo candidates..
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Two02:
lipsrsealed honestly this election is just so competitive Atiku
Tinubu
Obi
Very tough election it's up to Nigerians to decide for themselves vote wisely. Learn to appreciate people's choice and avoid toxic politics.

Back to the Topic at hand. Is Okowa really the right choice. I think it's based on ethnic and geo politics. But the fact is any candidate winning this election is winning with a very small margin.

Na Tinubu election unfortunately. He has the resources and manpower for an effective campaign
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by KILLTHECOWS(f): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2022
The same okowa that hosted the last southern governors meeting and agreed that power must shift to the south?

6 Likes

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by SenatePresdo(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
deeva2:

Dreamer.. Even ur Legal adviser, Adeyanju knows Obi cant win without forming alliance with likes of Kwankwaso, Sowore and others.

Let's wait until he forms an alliance.

Without alliance yet, he's doing well.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by silibaba: 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2022
ShadowWalker00:
Congratulations to He, Bola Ahmed Tinubu cheesy cheesy.

Atiku don score own goal finally, he won't win with Okowa cheesy cheesy.

I knew he won't pick Wike. cheesy

He was openly against Vat issue with Fg.
He was also loud against open-grazing.
He was also loud against Northern-monopoly.

There is already religious propaganda against Wike in the north, burning down of church, and blasphemy case against him.

Congratulations again to Asiwaju cheesy cheesy.

Congratulations to a sick and dying ancestor?

How old are you? If you are a youth then you are a disgrace to the youths of Nigeria.

We need no ancestor to rule us again.

If ancestor could rate buhari excellent, then I don't know what we should expect from the ancestor himself.

You better be OBIdient coz is better than sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by ecomalchemist(m): 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
Big fish !

I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Majesty33(m): 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
you beginning to annoy me. Royal Majesty of where?
grin
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by raymondFirstborn(m): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
Most people on NL don't understand politics.

One thing is sure, hunger would make you sell your birthright for a plate of meal today , Then face the consequences tmrw.
JACOB V ESAU

I see people saying saying okowa is a wrong choice. You all wrong, "because a snake moves quietly does not mean it's not dangerous".
Hope y'all know okowa contested local government elections in 1999 and was in the same caucus as ibori. As a state governor with a bit of Igbo blood , he has finance to activate grass root supporters in south east. Asaba is close to Onitsha, he can pull strings. Grass Roots voters relies on traditional rulers , village chiefs and youth leaders who would act as influencers For obi and ifeanyi.

The SS is on lockdown for pdp already,wike would never betray pdp in Rivers , he would do his job and would be compensated.
The sitting governor's would activate grassroot support groups, who would mobilize voters.

I keep telling people that the voters that would determine the outcome of any election in Nigeria are not on social media. The market women , local traders, people trying to survive would all listen to their pockets.

The game plan pdp has, is to sell ifeanyi okowa to south east as their son and It would work. I know you would say peter obi would lock South east votes , but its a lie. The voters at the grassroot who are not active internet users would vote with their pockets in mind. Ifeanyi okowa needs only a reasonable fraction of the south east votes. Apc north and southwest package won't sell in the east.

peter obi slogan "WE NO DEY GIVE SHISHI". would work against him, campaign needs funding. At the grassroot level , locals would swing in the direction of their stomach compass(any where bele face). The traditional rulers and youth leaders would mobilize the locals in the direction of the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by komekn(m): 4:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
lawnreigh:
PDP obviously doesn't rate the South East, after delivering Bloc Vote for PDP since 1999, yet they didn't deem it fit to pick a South Easterner as VP Candidate. Okowa is Igbo but then, PDP still no rate South East. Chaiii

Okowa is not Igbo.

His tribe the Ika have Igbo origins but are not 100% they are a mixture of Benin and Igbo origins. You could say they are first or second cousins to the Igbo.

But outright IGBO a big capital NO.

Okowa was chosen to meet the egotistical needs of Atiku who needs to a "YES " man , " house boy " who will say yes to every order and demand without question.

Okowa has zero political clout beyond his immediate locality of Agbor. And he will get no votes in the South East.

It was obvious that Atiku would never have selected the Gidigba " no fear" uncontrollable Wike.

This all music to the ears of the next incoming President Peter Obi. Because the whole South South is 99.9% behind Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by TotalRunter: 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
SenatePresdo:
OBI DOESN'T NEED ALL NORTHERN STATES TO BE DECLARED PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.
CAPTURE TARABA, PLATEAU, BENUE, KOGI, KWARA, NASSARAWA, NIGER, ABUJA AND THE SOUTHEAST, SOUTH SOUTH; SOUTHERN KADUNA etc and we are good to go..

Awon structure will learn new things.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by nathyx(m): 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Massive failure Loading...
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by nzeobi(m): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2022
lawnreigh:
PDP obviously doesn't rate the South East, after delivering Bloc Vote for PDP since 1999, yet they didn't deem it fit to pick a South Easterner as VP Candidate. Okowa is Igbo but then, PDP still no rate South East. Chaiii

No PDP member in the SE today has Peter obi's popularity

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Princewell2012(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
P1PrinceKT:
Pls Vote for OBi for biafra actualization he is the son of biafra he will work on it when he wins the coming election we will massively support him.

Am sure you're a Fulani man. Why bringing Biafra in here? Your plan Will not work.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by SensualMan1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2022
deeva2:

You are even using Asiwaju to sell ur ibo candidates..
Peter Obi also has the Asiwaju title.
Olowo of yoruba land.
Okwute ndi Igbo!
Sarduanan kaduna!

Be OBIdient my child.

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by deeva2: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
SensualMan1:
Peter Obi also has the Asiwaju title.
Olowo of yoruba land.
Okwute ndi Igbo!
Sarduanan kaduna!

Be OBIdient my child.

Your eyes go soon clear...Its Just a matter of time.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Bbbw: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by akanbiaa(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Two02:
lipsrsealed honestly this election is just so competitive Atiku
Tinubu
Obi
Very tough election it's up to Nigerians to decide for themselves vote wisely. Learn to appreciate people's choice and avoid toxic politics.

Back to the Topic at hand. Is Okowa really the right choice. I think it's based on ethnic and geo politics. But the fact is any candidate winning this election is winning with a very small margin.

With Wike about to join APC now Tinubu might win South South with a small margin , loose south east, win south west massively , win North West Massively , Win North Central Massively and North East can go either way but more inclined towards Tinubu's favor because of Prof Zulum of Borno State Factor , Aisha Binani of Adamawa and Nuhu Ribadu, And the Vice President being zoned to the North east and likely Kashim Shettima.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by DEMAGE(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sometimes I wonder how some people easily forgot things. Southerners said if not president, they will not settled for vice president. And now some of you are saying PDP didn't considered southeast for vice president.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by storm001(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
I thought it was wike
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Goalnaldo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2022
I'm a deltan but my loyalty is to Obi who I think has the competency to turn things around positively for the country.

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by SensualMan1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
deeva2:

Your eyes go soon clear...Its Just a matter of time.
I only weep for u people in that country.
The choice is yours.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Bebem(m): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2022
You mean ammased financial resources?

Skyview01:

Na Tinubu election unfortunately. He has the resources and manpower for an effective campaign
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2022
Bebem:
You mean ammased financial resources?

Amassed, stolen, saved, borrowed - All join!

Unfortunately, that is where we find ourselves brotherman!
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by koning: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
lawnreigh:

I am convinced that core Igbos of the SE are NOT interested in the VP position. What we want is the presidency.

So Ifeanyi Okowa is the closest to an Igbo VP that Atiku can get.

In any case better than Wike, who is also Igbo(extended)

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Tulsaguy: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2022
PDP na bastard. So, despite all the years AfghanEastern had put in to make sure this party withstand the storm, this is how to repay them. A South Eastern running mate would have given Atiku more votes.....I see Tinubu winning landslide. because Turaki no go see shishi vote in AfghanEastern.

Wicked Wike would have pulled more weigh, but he is too stubborn for a vice.

Nyanmiri Nkpurujews need learn to play politics. Igbos President is cumming by 2099.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by olas24u(f): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2022
ChChCh:
To OBEY is better than Sacrifice.

Dear Nigerians, OBEY the Clarion Call to become OBIdient
Don't become a Fulani slave forever and ever ,it's going to bad for you,they consolidate all they have done for 8years .this more than you see it,obi can only divide votes ,not win the election.
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Elbinawi: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2022
BREAKING: Atiku Picks Governor Okowa As Running Mate For 2023 Presidential Election | Sahara Reporters

Me:

The Governor of Delta State @IAOkowa has modest achievements. He is among the few Governors that I follow on the Twitter application.

In my opinion I think Atiku should have picked his running mate from the South East. The present @PeterObi hurricane will do a lot of damage to PDP in the South East. The South East have always voted for the PDP in presidential election since 1999.

Some PDP supporters think @atiku should have picked the Governor of Rivers state @GovWike as his running mate. Yes, Wike is rugged and he has the huge Rivers state treasury backing him but Wike has excess baggages. Wike is arrogant, tyrannical and there was an allegation that he demolished a Mosque in Rivers state.

Atiku can use Wike's ruggedness by appointing him the head of their campaign organization. A vocal Wike is needed to expose the intergenerational failures of the genocidal Buhari regime.

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Efemoney1989: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa that can not create job or pay pensions
Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by Tzar(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Igbos don’t see Delta Igbos as authentic Igbos. We all know this!

lawnreigh:

1 Like

Re: Okowa Reacts To Emergence As Atiku's Running Mate, Makes Pledge by FamTomx2(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
P1PrinceKT:

Animal seeking for an attention!!

You can't fight for us, the battle is ours!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Political High Profile Assassination In Nigeria / Daddy Showkey: Men Who Invaded The NDA Are Not Bandits But Mercenaries / Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.