Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike (44158 Views)

Tinubu Campaigning In Lagos With Roads Built By Military Regime - Atiku PCC / Pdp’s Plan To Crash Fuel Price To N90 Is Laughable – Keyamo / Atiku Has Plans To Crash Fuel Price, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Deltafirstson(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Although the pump price of fuel was N197 when President Bola Tinubu took over on May 29, 2023, the product now sells for N617 per litre – less than two months after.

In his inaugural address, Tinubu announced that subsidy was gone, fulfilling a promise that all leading presidential candidates made during the campaign.

However, pump price of fuel hit N537 per litre days after Tinubu ended subsidy.

On Tuesday, the price climbed further to N617, a development that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Limited (NNPCL) attributed to “market forces”.

Nigerians have been lamenting the hardship occasioned by fuel price hike. Amid the lamentation, a video where Tinubu campaigned to slash the price of fuel went into circulation.

Checks by Daily Trust affirmed the authenticity of the video uploaded on the YouTube page of Channels Television.

At his campaign rally in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, on January 25, 2023, Tinubu spoke on a number of issues, but those of fuel scarcity and naira redesign made the headlines.

However, Tinubu who spoke in Yoruba language, also assured the crowd that though people were saying petrol price would hit N200, it would be reviewed downward under him.

“The great Nigerian youths, the great Nigerian students, the confident Nigerian youths. This is a revolution. This election is a revolution. They are plotting, but they will fail. They said fuel price will increase and reach N200 per litre. Go and relax, we will bring it down,” he had said in the 7th minute of the video.

King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall, a Fuji musician who performed at the rally, interrupted the president’s speech with chants as the crowd cheered.

On the campaign podium with the president were Vice-President Kashim Shettima; Pa Bisi Akande, interim National Chairman of the APC; Femi Gbajabiamila, Chief of Staff to the President; Senator Gbenga Daniel; among other bigwigs of the ruling party.

Tinubu went further to say Nigerians would defy the acute fuel scarcity at the time and trek to cast their votes.

“The great Nigerian youths, the great Nigerian students, the confident Nigerian youths. This is a revolution. This election is a revolution. They are plotting, but they will fail. They said fuel price will increase and reach N200/N500 per litre. Go and relax, we will crash the prices,” he had said.

“They don’t want this election to be held. They want to sabotage it (elections). Will you allow them?”, Tinubu asked the teeming supporters at the rally, to which they responded “No.”

He continued, “Even if they said there is no fuel, we will trek to vote. They have a lot of mischief; they could say there is no fuel. They have been scheming to create a fuel crisis, but forget about it.

“Relax, I, Asiwaju, have told you that the issue of fuel supply will be permanently addressed. Whoever wants to eat the honey embedded in a mountain won’t worry about the axe. Is that not so? And if you want to eat palm kernel, you would bring stone and use it to break it, then the kernel will come out. It’s not easy to…

“Let them increase the price of fuel, only them know where they have hoarded fuel, they hoarded money, they hoarded naira; we will go and vote and we will win. Even if they changed the ink on Naira notes. Whatever their plans, it will come to nought. We are going to win. Those in the PDP will lose (won ma lule).

“I am homeboy, I have come here, you will not be put to shame, we will take over the government from them, the traitors who wanted to contest with us. They had no experience.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-video-of-tinubu-campaigning-to-crash-fuel-

he had said in the 7th minute of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JH8CC_JdUA

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Xscape1993(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
APC and lies are just inseparable. When an old man that is on drugs tells lie in the morning and defends himself in the evening, then something is wrong somewhere. I rest my case on the evil party's issues for now.

368 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by taylor89(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
I am going to say this again

The solution of Nigeria is to divide

Divide Nigeria into three

SE should have their Biafra

SS should have their Niger Delta republic

Hausa & Yoruba should stay together as Nigeria

Problem solved

Bcuz if your hope is on a man that puts white powder in one of his nose then you’re on a mirage mission

Tinubu is a monumental failure

Currently Tinubu is the most useless president ever existed in world history

486 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
Useless Agbado drug lord thief

222 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by jmoore(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tinubu scammed the agbadorites.

Anyone with a functional brain knows that when subsidy is removed from a commodity, the price will increase.

Someone told you that he will remove subsidy and said he will crash the price of petrol. You believed him because tribalism beclouded your reasoning. Emilokan magician. Oya, it is his turn to perform the magic.

343 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by OyemiA: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
All I know us that God Almighty will remember this country one day

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by bennybuhari: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
So who dey blow Lamba between Peter Obi and Bulaba

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by ican2020: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Someone should interpret this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JH8CC_JdUA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by jmoore(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
bennybuhari:
So who dey blow Lamba between Peter Obi and Bulaba
Na you dey blow am. Wetin concern Obi with the topic?

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by greatiyk4u(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
He is a criminal that supports anything wrong and bad

Around me here, no one is bold to accept voting Tinubu,
Master strategist without data and plans

I weep 4 naija and expect massive protest soon

Indeed there was a country

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by AntiTerrorist: 1:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
“The great Nigerian youths, the great Nigerian students, the confident Nigerian youths. This is a revolution. This election is a revolution. They are plotting, but they will fail. They said fuel price will increase and reach N200 per litre. Go and relax, we will bring it down,” he had said in the 7th minute of the video.
Though I know Tinubu is a born fraudster but I'm surprised his age doesn't stopped him from continuing his 419 nature. Someone who is older than wOle Soyinka.

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by infohenry(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
He is a liar, who can say anything to grab power. They said he came prepared but 2months after removing the subsidy no concrete plan to cushion the effect on the economy, no ministers, no economic team, and confusion everywhere.
So much for hitting the ground running.

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by abobote: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
OyemiA:
Pray to be alive that one day

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by RepoMan007: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Was he talking about after election or on election day?
Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Karlman: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Who even voted for him?....apart from INEC and some local tribal yorubas and the almajiris up north they gave #500 each!

Educated Nigerians Never Voted Tinubu!
Which is why his government if allowed to stand will always lack Legitimacy and they know but being criminals they lack any form of shame.

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by AntiTerrorist: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
OyemiA:
The same way your great grand-parents have been praying since 1960. Continue to deceive yourself.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Urheadmaster(m): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Doesn't matter, what matters is that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a cocaine sniffing vagabond tongue
RepoMan007:
Was he talking about after election or on election day?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by AsomughaChuks05: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nigerians still trust Tinubu to keep his promise, if not, protests would have broken out by now like it was during the CBN cash crunch debacle. Even the NLC and TUC are at peace with Tinubu as all await the Dangote refinery to start production.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Dididrumz(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
This post will barely make it to front page.

If it does, I reserve my comment.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Savedday2: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Just the way our girls can never stop ashawo, our politicians can never stop lying

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Tingotoe: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
I don't really blame the man for doing what he did, but I do however blame the gullible people who were stupid enough to believe anything a politician tells them. That goes for Atiku, Obi and all the others

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Gondonu: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2023
Band and gang of desperate looters disguising as saviours.....

7 Likes

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by SenatePresdo(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tinubu will continue to use Agbado miscreants ewedu filled brain to do totori.

They are now defending the fuel subsidy despite the fact that they are suffering. Ask them why, they would tell you it's to suffer now and enjoy later.

Enjoy what exactly later? They can't say, an imaginary enjoyment.

Look,its not tribalism.
It takes an abysmal level of mental degradation to support Tinubu.

This set of people should be psychologically evaluated.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by b3llo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tinubu promised to go after those hoarding naira and fuel.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by livitexguy(m): 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
From my own opinion, it is only few people voted for APC & INEC Chairman manipulated the results and pronounced him the winner,so there is no way he whould have gotten to that seat with the vote of the common man.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Obakoolex(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:
cry
Any thread about tinubu you must dey there...you sure say you no dey see am for sleep too undecided

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by ivandragon: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
A man with no vision, no plan to better the lot of the masses.

11 Likes

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by slawomir: 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Damnnn niggar

He scam The gullibles

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by FalseProphet1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tinubu is the worst thing that happened to Nigeria.

This I have seen.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Okortor: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
All na scam nah

1 Like

Re: Video Of Tinubu Campaigning To Crash Fuel Price Goes Viral Amid Hike by Hotwest: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
I'm still amazed how a whole swagger Nigerians put their affairs on this Grandpa who just want to answer President

Commenting from planet Mars!

I wish you Nigerians goodluck o

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje's Supporters Clash In Kano, Many Wounded (Photos) / Did FG Lose ₦700 Billion COVID-19 Relief Funds To Fire Outbreak? (Fact-Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.