Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija (4591 Views)

Bode George Contributed To Our Defeat –PDP Boss / See The Silly Mistake A Foreign Newspaper Made About President Buhari. Photo / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by werepeLeri: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
Everyday - "silly" arguments, different topics, different opinions, but really, what has all these arguments, topics, and people on Nairaland contributed to nation building? Or is it just loud talks that makes no impact? What argument or topic on NL has led to a policy reversal by the government?
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by buzugee(m): 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2011
dunno bout policy reversal but it has kept a lot of people sane. me for example. i woulda gone crazy without NL. my psychiatrist recommended this site for me. he says i need to touch base with my heritage via NL.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by PointB: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nairaland, where jihadist buhari won election by landslide,  does not represent the real Nigerians. You shld know this by now.  Most are here to have fun at others expenses. On guard man!  grin grin grin grin
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by jmaine: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2011
PointB:

Nairaland, where jihadist buhari won election by landslide,  does not represent the real Nigerians. You shld know this by now.  Most are here to have fun at others expenses. On guard man!  grin grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by blacksta(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2011
werepeLeri:

Everyday - "silly" arguments, different topics, different opinions, but really, what has all these arguments, topics, and people on Nairaland contributed to nation building? Or is it just loud talks that makes no impact? What argument or topic on NL has led to a policy reversal by the government?

what are you doing here if it is irrelevant ?
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by enyojo(f): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2011
Don't mind the *****!

PointB:

How could Buhari have won on Nairaland when Seun the Autocratic dictator was busy bullying our supporters around?
The rewards: PointB and the likes are crying that there is no security and high cost of Kerosene. Now spineless and clueless GEJ wants to achieve tenure elongation that Obj his godfather couldnt. Six years!!!!!!! Ole
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by werepeLeri: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
blacksta:

what are you doing here if it is irrelevant ?

Now, someone tell me how this comment or answer is relevant to the question. No wonder people fail exams.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Blackteeth(m): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
The problem is that Nairaland is still unpopular in Nigeria after more than 5 five years of existense. If this site is well promoted and popular like facebook in Nigeria, probably Jonathan would have registered here as well as he did in facebook. When he reads the 'wicked' comments here he may be forced to sit up.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nl is just like an average Nigeria newspaper stand,every morning you see people gather make noise,argue,yab themselves,go back home and come back the second day.take NL for the fun of it,enjoy yourself and when the dreaded mukina bans you,then you can go for a break.It's not worth it !
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Mobinga: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Nl is just like an average Nigeria newspaper stand,every morning you see people gather make noise,argue,yab themselves,go back home and come back the second day.take NL for the fun of it,enjoy yourself and when the dreaded mukina bans you,then you can go for a break.It's not worth it !

Lmao! Don't get addicted to Nairaland. When she bans you, you'd run home and cry. grin grin
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
My only addiction is biting my fingernails. . .any other thing doesn't shake me.Afterall no be today she dey show her power.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by jmaine: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
So Mukina is synonymous with wielding that unfriendly banning stick   cheesy cheesy . . .  Time to arrange someone  angry angry . . . anyway nairaland is an hybridized forum where every thing goes, from the most despicable insults and abuses to the utterly hilarious replies . . .Such a mix bag  undecided undecided  . . . with the chance of hooking up physically with pretty ladies very slim  cry cry
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by wesley80(m): 12:02am On Jul 22, 2011
Maybe the question shouldav been 'what has the Politics section contributed to Nigeria', which BTW is nothing apart from being an avenue for frustrated Nigerians to vent. Maybe it should be called the 'Rant and Rave' section!
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by NegroNtns(m): 12:08am On Jul 22, 2011
Werepe,

Govts use thinktanks to feel their way around policies.

NL is not a think tank but the interaction here contributes, for good or bad, to the general awareness and thoughts of Nigerians that congregate here. If I may add, non Nigerians as well.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by odumchi: 12:55am On Jul 22, 2011
Let Seun sell me the rights to this site and it will become better!
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by amblors(m): 12:57am On Jul 22, 2011
Its just like RADIO call in programmes,
I don't know if anyone listens.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 22, 2011
NL represents 0.00000001 of Nigerians,

Buhari won here but not in Nigeria,

People want to remain one here but not in Nigeria,

NL is a shame, Nigerian village square has more sensible posters!!!
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by divinereal: 1:16am On Jul 22, 2011
I believe the dialogue and discourse that we engage in challenges each others world views, ideas and makes us all understand each other a bit better.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by obowunmi(m): 1:17am On Jul 22, 2011
Well I write articles for a Nigerian website that many people read ---- erm, also started a non-profit. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Rhino5dm: 1:28am On Jul 22, 2011
At least the CBN qouted "ONLY" this section in their article of diversification of their role in governing banks. . .this for a start!

What more due do you expect from a PDP apologist with a lilly liver? Watching how their clueless mooron callad Ademumu Jonathan taking the heats for his retarrded policies and stuupidity, than to discourage peeps from commenting? Whats has mumu jonathan's FACEBOOK contributed to Nigerians? Other than cretins taking the field of the day by praising mediocrity and shallowness?

NOW CHECK this OUT. . . .
If NL is worthless then why are EDIOTss on PDP pay roll here day in, day out protecting the sadist and there cohorts?. . .

Yeah! Ayatollah-Jihadist Buhari lost and 'God sent' GEJ won, but does that stops you from using your generating sets to power your house and shouting "Ayeee NEPAAA!" when ever the light flashes? SMH.

Nairaland has come to STAY! If you are having problems with that then slit your throat and end your miserable life or better still STOP posting!. Heck the much celebrated African revolutions and wind of change we are witnessing took off from a social media network. . . THEY are ALL connected to whatever YOU are spinning.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Ivynwa(f): 1:32am On Jul 22, 2011
wesley80:

Maybe the question shouldav been 'what has the Politics section contributed to Nigeria', which BTW is nothing apart from being an avenue for frustrated Nigerians to vent. Maybe it should be called the 'Rant and Rave' section!

grin grin
Nnaa M-e-e-e-n, wetin you wan make the poor masses do if not vent out.
Methinks that this website have lots of useful info and that some stuffs in here are educative. Some quality posters are great and nice to rub minds with too. I have read where young nairalanders really testify that their eyes have been opened by some info and life lessons they have learnt here. It is good if it is helping guide the young ones.

divinereal:

I believe the dialogue and discourse that we engage in challenges each others world views, ideas and makes us all understand each other a bit better.
Yeah, yeah it's helping integration to some extent.
If the site isn't contributing to the politics much now as some posters here think it has a great potential to do so soon. It's a great site with great potential, I am happy for the brains behind it. There is nothing as beautiful as venturing into something and watching it become a success.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by dayokanu(m): 1:51am On Jul 22, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

At least the CBN qouted "ONLY" this section in their article of diversification of their role in governing banks. . .this for a start!

What more due do you expect from a PDP apologist with a lilly liver? Watching how their clueless mooron callad Ademumu Jonathan taking the heats for his retarrded policies and stuupidity, than to discourage peeps from commenting? Whats has mumu jonathan's FACEBOOK contributed to Nigerians? Other than cretins taking the field of the day by praising mediocrity and shallowness?

NOW CHECK this OUT. . . .
If NL is worthless then why are EDIOTss on PDP pay roll here day in, day out protecting the sadist and there cohorts?. . .

Yeah! Ayatollah-Jihadist Buhari lost and 'God sent' GEJ won, but does that stops you from using your generating sets to power your house and shouting "Ayeee NEPAAA!" when ever the light flashes? SMH.

Nairaland has come to STAY! If you are having problems with that then slit your throat and end your miserable life or better still STOP posting!. Heck the much celebrated African revolutions and wind of change we are witnessing took off from a social media network. . . THEY are ALL connected to whatever YOU are spinning.

Well said.

I dont know who is more reetarded, Odechukwu Reetardeen Jonathan or his supporters
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by jmaine: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2011
divinereal:

Yeah, you are right . . .  but some people do attach too much importance to this site  . . .  the ravings,screaming, insults ends here . . . faceless warriors most people are . .  nairaland is just a place to unwind and pick people's brain with a false sense of intelligence   cheesy cheesy . . .  The daft calling others clueless . . The absolutely insane minds calling others reetards . . .isn't that wonderful  wink . . . what a world  grin 
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nymphnode(m): 4:17am On Jul 22, 2011
tongue tongue You get to use emoticon freely and senselessly. And psycho analyse anybody too
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by darne(m): 4:36am On Jul 22, 2011
Nymph node:

tongue tongue You get to use emoticon freely and senselessly. And psycho analyse anybody too

Silly grin grin grin grin grin Well Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook To Me oooo !!! I always Laugh Whenever I`m On here wink wink wink So Nairaland Has Contributed So Much To Me,, I dont know About the Naija Part !!!

odumchi:

I Bet Seun Is Doing Better Than You`ll Ever Do !! Arindin angry angry
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by bunmioguns(m): 5:27am On Jul 22, 2011
odumchi:

darne:

I Bet Seun Is Doing Better Than You`ll Ever Do !! Arindin angry angry
@ darne, well said
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by OAM4J: 5:42am On Jul 22, 2011
jmaine:

So Mukina is synonymous with wielding that unfriendly banning stick   cheesy cheesy . . .  Time to arrange someone  angry angry . . . anyway nairaland is an hybridized forum where every thing goes, from the most despicable insults and abuses to the utterly hilarious replies . . .Such a mix bag  undecided undecided  . . . with the chance of hooking up physically with pretty ladies very slim  cry cry

Abeg free Mukina she is a nice lady doing her job well. Go to Romance/ Meet-up/Dating section, there are lots of hook-ups and break-ups stories there everyday. grin grin grin Goodluck!
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 22, 2011
Nairaland is a site which enlightens and gives you a voice in a society where people's opinion is secondary. It is also a site which open the eyes and minds to other people's opinions, cultures, creed, etc. Though a lot of strife and conflict may ensue in the process, it give one a say and a voice. And not forgetting, it is a funny site which never ceases to crack me up on a daily basis. And believe me when I say this, nairaland has a great number of enlightened minds which have the potential to see this nation uplifted from the dregs. If there is going to be a revolution in Nigeria, this is where it will be born.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by coolcash4l(m): 6:30am On Jul 22, 2011
This place is cool,
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 22, 2011
OAM4J:

Abeg free Mukina she is a nice lady doing her job well. Go to Romance/ Meet-up/Dating section, there are lots of hook-ups and break-ups stories there everyday.  grin grin grin Goodluck!
Who doesn't know that ?
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Wislet(f): 6:36am On Jul 22, 2011
I bet a lot of personalities we may not know about visit this site to consider the opinions of Nigerians on certain issues. Since it's an anonymous site, they wouldn't want to be known too! Nairaland banters has also been a sort of therapy to those that need it- relieving stress, tension, and the arguments give people the opportunity to express themselves, vent their emotions on issues like they might not have the courage to do outside of here. So, it's a good one. The funniest part being that even in the seeming disunity, it's beautiful, as well as hilarious seeing Nigerians come together as one to defend any of their own/the country when challenged by outsiders, though we berate any bad behaviours privately. Plus the most absurd of topics & comments that leave you almost speechless. This is a place to be recommended to high blood pressure patients everywhere, i tell you. It helps in keeping Nigerians sane even in the wake of absurdities in the country.
Re: Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija by Chintua: 6:50am On Jul 22, 2011

Absolutely one.
Absolutely nothing.
Just to make noise.
Abi you nor hia say 'Reuben Abati' na GEJ adviser? cheesy

If you can't beat them. . . join them chop 'kola' jor.
Who say devul nor get pawa?

Please, Nairaland is one person's business. . . not NIGERIA'S business.
Wake up and smell the 'burukutu'!

Because "Naira" dey for h-inside "Nairaland" na eim be say "Nairaland" equal "Nigeria"?

Abeg nor catch mugu for middle of 2011 o! E jor sir.

Most of the peeps wey dey make noise for Nairaland get porsina porson for Naija gobberment.

Satan cannot fit to cast out satan. Do not be deceived.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deltans Attack Shell For Selling OMLs And Not Consulting Them / Buhari Shuns Osinbajo's Christian Engagement for Muslim Wedding of Dangote / I Smell Something Fishy Ahead Of Today's Supreme Court Judgement In Sokoto.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.