Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,602 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup (39650 Views)

FIFA Announces Shortlist For 2022 Puskas Awards, Best Coach, Others [full List / FIFA Announces New World Rankings, Belgium Remains Top / FIFA Announces New Rule, Racists Will Now Get Automatic 10-game Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:49am On Jun 17, 2022
The SE should do their best to qualify for the tournament

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by t2luv1: 3:30am On Jun 17, 2022
Blake755:
I hope one day to watch the wrld cup live cool

Finally the World Cup is Coming to the greatest piece of Real Estate in the whole world. God loves Florida so much to make surrounded by water with beautiful beaches. Partner I am all in on Miami

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by humberjade: 3:55am On Jun 17, 2022
Jestin:
With people like Buhari and Tinubu as president, Nigeria can never attain the level of hosting a World Cup. We still have a very long to go as a country.

But with a stingy candidate Nigeria will be able to host the World Cup abi? Very hilarious grin

Someone like Atiku could be able to pull it of sha, considering he's a lover of sports and participates in it himself. Tinubu's Lagos encourages sports and entertaining events. But on the other hand, Obi doesn't seem to have time for those things "wasteful spending", except he appoints round pegs in round holes, whose advices he would listen to.

Concerning potential development of sports, entertainment industry and host of major tourney in Nigeria, this is how they rank..

1. Atiku
2.Tinubu
3. Obi/ Kwankwaso

Note: Each may be useless or useful in other areas, but in my opinion, this is how they rank in Sports considering their antecedents

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by BinamRex: 4:06am On Jun 17, 2022
joviegghead:
Usa again, yea?

Funny how China hasn't been considered to host the world cup grin
I wonder when Nigeria will be considered...

China hosted the Olympics which it shouldn't have given its human rights violation. I don't think they should host the FIFA world cup.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by fmonigent(m): 4:26am On Jun 17, 2022
Suspect33:
America will cease to exist before 2026, her cup has ran over

Your mumu don do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Cajal(m): 4:46am On Jun 17, 2022
joviegghead:
Usa again, yea?

Nigeria
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by 9jakool: 4:47am On Jun 17, 2022
joviegghead:
Usa again, yea?

How will Nigeria be considered to host Fifa with only 3 stadiums that meet Fifa's requirement and they are largely rundown at that. Not to mention no light, bad roads, kidnappers and terrorists roaming about grin? Imagine millions flying in with only two proper international airports. Not to mention how bad the situation will be with the roads as congested as they are. Can the government even fund the budget or provide electricity for the opening and closing ceremonies? grin

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by pargelenis(m): 4:58am On Jun 17, 2022
treesun:
FIFA is now purely commercial enterprise!
Why should they run any differently? Sports na money …
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by pargelenis(m): 5:00am On Jun 17, 2022
9jakool:
…Can the government even fund the budget or provide electricity for the opening and closing ceremonies? grin
You don finish us cry
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by ZaddyJ: 5:00am On Jun 17, 2022
melonsgroup:
U.S visa by fire by force.
Na trump world cup oo
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by pargelenis(m): 5:01am On Jun 17, 2022
Suspect33:
let’s pray your visa comes thru before then.
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by ZaddyJ: 5:02am On Jun 17, 2022
PericomaNwankwo:
E go hot o. U S visa

Na Trump world cup oo and how u wan take get the visa bayi ?
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by naijapikin2(m): 5:06am On Jun 17, 2022
Who's asking why nigeria cannot host the world cup? Let's start with the easier one first, qualifying to play.
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by MrCover: 5:08am On Jun 17, 2022
Wow
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by nijanigga: 5:13am On Jun 17, 2022
treesun:
Lalasticlala!
Mynd44!
Hope naija go qualify and come to Dallas
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by iramure(m): 5:28am On Jun 17, 2022
Glycosunde:
They have already planned for something that is still 4 years from now. That is one thing you can never take away from the whites; their level of planning ahead. But here in Africa it is fire brigade approach we prefer where things are done few months to the stipulated date thereby making everything being mediocre

Meanwhile: My household, friends and I are all OBIdients

VOTE MASSIVELY FOR PETER OBI
another ppint is the whites do not care about whether anyone is coming back the 2nd time, but my African people will be afraid of thier sky daddy 2nd appearance. They usually say " if the lord tarries"

1 Like

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by StayMotivated: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2022
Will be in Canada before then and i will definitely watch the games in Toronto & Vancover
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Emola12(m): 6:05am On Jun 17, 2022
lockheed55:
B
B for what now Boss
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Emola12(m): 6:07am On Jun 17, 2022
DropsMic:
When will Nigeria host this world cup abeg cry cry
3001 trust me
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Emola12(m): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2022
luckihy:
The question is : will the "super" eagles qualify?
let us ask Google or weather biko
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by sonature1: 6:20am On Jun 17, 2022
joviegghead:
Usa again, yea?

China has hosted the Olympics.

I think it's easier to host the world cup than the Olympics because of the nature and number of games.

By the way, when was the 2026 World Cup contested that made the US/Canada emerge the winner?
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Cousin9999: 6:26am On Jun 17, 2022
Nice one.
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Biafranodogwu55: 6:34am On Jun 17, 2022
Where is california(a.k.a the golden city)?
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Jokerman(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2022
Suspect33:

Yorubamuslim timesup234.... you are here again... grin
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by iFESTAC680(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2022
joviegghead:
Usa again, yea?

If your power Grid stop collapsing atleast for a while

If Nigeria tackles insecurity

If the Nigerian league is not as politicized as it is now

If the stadiums are of standards @least to that of south Africa

Maybe they might want to consider another African country which may not be Nigeria
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by PENNYSWAP: 6:49am On Jun 17, 2022
UrPapa:

U are not going anywhere.
Obi would have taken Nigeria to the promise land and u won’t need to go to America for anything, not even for soccer

Obi can’t win anything unless he merged with kwakwanso as VP ....

But if you think I’m miss yarning , let’s see what happens
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by ofiko123(m): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle in the united states..
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 17, 2022
When will Ibadan host the World Cup?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Pathokpo: 7:43am On Jun 17, 2022
IDIOTmoderators:

Na person wey don kolo get this kain sense.
My broda problem no dey finish make you try to dey free your mind. I am serious you dint detect the sarcasm in my write up. Dont take life too serious. Try to dey catch cruise once in a while. I know say Nigeria problem too much for even gaia to carry.
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2022
I'm definitely going to watch this match live in USA
Re: FIFA Announces Host Cities For 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 17, 2022
treesun:
Your #FIFAWorldCup 2026 Host Cities:

��Atlanta
��Boston
��Dallas
��Guadalajara
��Houston
��Kansas City
��Los Angeles
��Mexico City
��Miami
��Monterrey
��New York / New Jersey
��Philadelphia
��San Francisco Bay Area
��Seattle
��Toronto
��Vancouver

https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/status/1537552949722890241
Why is usa dorminating the list?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EPL Referee Anthony Taylor Is DEMOTED To The Championship / Sexy Footballer Chichi Igbo & Her Ripped Bod Stun In New Photos / Burial Photos Of Joseph Izu Who Was Shot Dead By Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.