Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (27838 Views)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
wirinet:

And the Arabs did not justify their racial thing with the Koran?
evidence from Quran.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Charly68: 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
It is ok..let Muslims schools be separate from the Christian schools so that when students will be hidding under hijab to carry guns ,there will be trouble for the.peaceful ones
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Handsum64: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
This their hijab
Is not necessary na
They should look same way all other students look ....
Pervert
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ejimatic: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
RepoMan007:
uniform is a uniform piece of dressing code. End of discussion.
Religion is part of our school system and this has been affirmed with this judgement. This is Africa where we windowdress everything with religious overtone.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ogwumgbe: 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

We have moved from hijab to tribal bigotry??... welldone...

Yes because saying that someone was killed in Lagos for blasphemy to me is sacrilege, it shouldn't happen and the killer so to be lynched
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by naija4life247: 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:
What are the nuisance trying to turn lagos to..
This people have a dangerous plan for the south west,now imagine when the criminal party finally wins on Muslim/Muslim ticket, fulani rule in Yoruba land will be solidify with the help of another afonja in tinubu

If you are not mentally deranged, then you will concentrate on your backward state and leave Lagos for Yorubas. Talo mo Iyalaya e ?

I am a Muslim. I am a Yoruba boy. But, this Hijab in public schools is nonsense without ingredient.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Hamziyah(m): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Beremx:
Muslim Students in public schools in Lagos have been wearing hijab for years. The court ruling is useless. Meanwhile it should also be restricted to public schools because private schools will move against any plan to enforce it.
No serious muslim would enrol his/her ward in a christian school that forbids hijab. In leading christians schools in osun state, school fees for muslim students are drastically reduced compared to that of their christian mates and besides they are allowed to put on their hijabs. Don't see hijab wearing folks as threats to your well-being, they're your friends but with islam as their way of life which they cant compromise. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by naija4life247: 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
udele1:
Yoruba Muslims ti take over . cheesy

The fear of OWO attack is the beginning of Wisdom. grin cheesy

They will rather be forcefully converted, than vote an Igbo messiah. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

Emir of lagos coming soon.... grin grin

Tinubu to the caliphate: Is this judgement enough to make me president or should I ban Churches in lagos? grin grin

Igbo Justice onyeabor tried to save them, unfortunately they will rather become slaves than have an Igbo messiah. grin cheesy cheesy

You will soon drink Sniper Humanicide.

Justice Grace Onyeabo of the High Court of Lagos State begged to get a job here, we pitied her and gave her a job because there is no job in Igboland beside drugs trafficking, human trafficking, baby factory, armed robbery, and prostitution.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by akbonus: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
Pakute:

Look at these olodo. Supreme Court judgement is binding on all public schools in Nigeria.

YOU MUST BE HIGH ON SOMETHING,ALL SCHOLLS IN NIGERIA,SO A MUSLIM GIRL WILL NOW WEAR HIJAB TO A SCHOOL IN DELTA,BAYELSA CROSS RIVER OR RIVERS STATE?THEY ARE LUCKY WIKE IS LEAVING IF NOT THAT SUPREME SHIT WILL NOT WORK IN RIVERS.YOU TRY ENFORCE IT YOU BEAR THE WRATH OF WIKE,HE FEARS VNO ONE NOT EVEN BUHARI THE BOKO HARAM MILLITANT
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Hamziyah(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
Cyynthia:

Next is full establishment of Sharia law not only in Lagos, but the entire south west.. No wonder MURIC/Yoruba Muslims and Tinubu are pushing for a Muslim Muslim ticket.....

Yoruba christians wake up and stop being docile.. Think about the future of your children.. Those idio*t shouting religion doesn't matter will never tolerate this if it's the other way round...

I repeat..... Yoruba Christians Wake Up!!
Don't be deceived by the deeds of some muslims because they can be misleading. 'There is no compulsion in religion' - this a verbatim quote of the holy quran (suratul baqorah), issues like this dont cause problems in advance countries of the world because they don't have only muslims in mind when making such decisions, jews and christians too use head coverings.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by dammyagboola(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Alihamdulilahi, the will of God shall prevail upon the falsehood of the hypocrite.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ChoCho54(f): 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Should not have even gone to any court in the first place.
It's pathetic the level of intolerance from the Nigerian Christians.
Even in Christian dominated societies such as UK and US, people are allowed to wear Hijab to school and work but in Nigeria where you have majority Muslims, some wants to prevent others from practicing their religious freedom.
Sad and pathetic.
Blame Boko Haram. I don't feel comfortable when I see Islamic gatherings.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Abdullahi4u7(m): 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
blazingblender:
This their hijab
Is not necessary na
They should look same way all other students look ....
It's highly necessary. Let me tell you why. As Muslims, we do not joke with the Hijab because it's a commandment from our Lord. And we wouldn't want our female children to be uncovered because they are going to school. Indeed, their Lord is watchful over them both in their homes and in their schools. And, of course, we would not want to train children who would become promoters of nudity, indecency and unchastity. Meanwhile, if all the students must dress the same way, the others could start wearing hijab like them, too.

I hope you get it now.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by TotalRunter: 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Even in Christian dominated societies such as UK and US, people are allowed to wear Hijab to school and work but in Nigeria where you have majority Muslims, some wants to prevent others from practicing their religious freedom.
Sad and pathetic.

Those are the contrees that have bowed to islamic intimidation and blackmail and it worked. If you have any sense and any regard for the beliefs of others you'd advocate for banning of uniforms altogether and not special treatment for your religion
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Abdullahi4u7:
It's highly necessary. Let me tell you why. As Muslims, we do not joke with the Hijab because it's a commandment from our Lord. And we wouldn't want our female children to be uncovered because they are going to school. Indeed, their Lord is watchful over them both in their homes and in their schools. And, of course, we would not want to train children who would become promoters of nudity, indecency and unchastity. Meanwhile, if all the students must dress the same way, the others could start wearing hijab like them, too.

I hope you get it now.

Then why not send them to Islamic schools or lock them up in your homes. Why take them to secular schools where they will be contaminated by Kafir teachers and students?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ello29(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
[quote author=HonNL post=113884772]https://www.nairaland.com/1954380/court-upholds-ban-use-hijab#27231587: (High Court)

https://www.nairaland.com/3240677/appeal-court-allows-hijab-lagos#47756345: (Appeal Court)

SOURCE [/quot

Don't be deceived the happening in the country is ethnic cleansing along religious line. They will force the minors Moslem community to argue for religious matter and drag it with christian faith in other to create hatred, division and then war among themselves. Think about what they have done and still doing to christians in the North.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by kayusely70(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nbote:
Why won't they wen most of the judges on the bench are sharia and Islamic law judges
It was strategically planned since a long time ago.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by themanderon: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Just look at the names of those that passed the majority judgement and tell me how you can expect a fair judgement. This is like telling an accused to be a judge in his own Case.
Religion will always be a factor in all aspect of this country's existence so I pity Christians that are supporting Muslim-Muslim ticket.
While Christians are sleeping these islamists are plotting a major takeover of the country.
I wonder what concessions Tinubu made to these oligarchs up north that made them support him.
Christians should better be wise before its too late.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Stanleyq: 9:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ArewaNorth: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Set up your schools and use wateva u like...

U first talked about uniform and now dodged to parallel formation of school...
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Saneebayo: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:
This people have a dangerous plan for the south west,now imagine when the criminal party finally wins on Muslim/Muslim ticket, fulani rule in Yoruba land will be solidify with the help of another afonja in tinubu
Y disturb oda people mode of dressing..
No freedom 4 we d Muslims again ani..
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Saneebayo: 9:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School
They are wearing it already bro..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by sweetgala(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:

Ode, Nigeria is a secular state which means the religious persuasions and expressions must be protected by laws, this includes mode of dressing thus uniform must in it's conformity take these into account.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pongwa(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2022
pmc01:

I guess you will then ask they don't use their Muslim/Christian names in register. There's nothing wrong with having an identity and standing out with it.

It changes nothing. Or you want the UN to create a universal Lingua, just so they don't have people speaking in their native languages at the various gatherings. Does that make the nations less "United"?
I believe segregation should come only after they turn 18 because by then, they can decide for themselves. It breaks my heart to see kids practise segregation too early. It affects their outlook in life and defeats this togetherness spirit as they tend to see their kinds as brothers and sisters and not anyone.
In my undergraduate days I couldn't really interact much with some hijab wearing ladies because I was Christian unlike their male Muslim counterparts. Where is unity in that?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Fearyourcreator: 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
orisirisi
Alright
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by 9jaRealist: 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
HonNL:
https://www.nairaland.com/1954380/court-upholds-ban-use-hijab#27231587: (High Court)

https://www.nairaland.com/3240677/appeal-court-allows-hijab-lagos#47756345: (Appeal Court)

SOURCE

EXCELLENT DECISION!!

No idea why so many are against such unobtrusive religious symbols. Meanwhile, the people whose native religion Nigerians/Africans are “defending” or “protecting” allow hijabs and other such religious symbols in their schools! SMH

>
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by WatchYourSix: 2:00am On Jun 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:

U first talked about uniform and now dodged to parallel formation of school...

U are a muslim...a christain cannot come to the school u set up and tell you they will dress how they want...u will kill them for it...
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by WhizdomXX(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Sad and pathetic.
Majority Muslims by killing 40 Christains every passing week, God forbid you.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by OsunOriginal: 11:02am On Jun 18, 2022
TotalRunter:

Those are the contrees that have bowed to islamic intimidation and blackmail and it worked. If you have any sense and any regard for the beliefs of others you'd advocate for banning of uniforms altogether and not special treatment for your religion

Do you think if the majority of the muslims in Nigeria are as intolerant as the christians, there will be any breathing space for christians? You will all be packed into one corner of the country - SE or SS.

The same people who force others to join morning devotion in whatever organization they own are challenging other peoples' freedom of worship. The same mentality I guess - it must be our way or nothing.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by TotalRunter: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Do you think if the majority of the muslims in Nigeria are as intolerant as the christians, there will be any breathing space for christians? You will all be packed into one corner of the country - SE or SS.

So the christians are intolerant even after you killed and roasted Deborah before her father and no one retaliated? You burn churches at will no retaliation? You killed 80 people in catholic church owo and CAN did not ask for blood? So christians are the intolerant ones? How do you reason?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 18, 2022
It's a public school

Not a missionary or private school

So the final judgement is expected

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Last US Military Plane Out Of Afghanistan Ends America's longest war / Adeyinka Grandson Speaks On Deportation Plan By British Government / Lai Mohammed: “How I Met My Wife Kudi”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.