Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools (27835 Views)

MURIC To Tinubu: Ensure The Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools / Appeal Court Upholds APC Primaries In Zamfara, Asks INEC To Accept Candidates / Rivers governorship: Supreme Court upholds judgement nullifying APC primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Advancedman(m): 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School
What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Typical rant of a Igbo Christian religious fanatic.
e pain am ooo
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Xfemt(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
that is y'all motherfvckin problems grin grin

If you like where sutana and suit to school,ko kan aye

I don't know how it is paining y'all for a child that cover her head with hijab
I don’t have a problem with the judgement but let call a spade a spade

That a public school and it should be accorded as one
School re not religious center
Schools re meant to educate the public and not for religion activity

Hajib should be use in schools that allows it
No religion is more than the other
Let treat our selves as one
This cancer you people planting
May god not let it germinate and cause a hug problem like the one we have in the north
I come in peace
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by VeryWickedGoat: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
Emir of Lagos loading 75%..........

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by HOKIM(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
HonNL:
https://www.nairaland.com/1954380/court-upholds-ban-use-hijab#27231587: (High Court)

https://www.nairaland.com/3240677/appeal-court-allows-hijab-lagos#47756345: (Appeal Court)

SOURCE

Lol... these folks in Nigeria keep setting the wrong precedent...if we talk now dem go say we don start.... smh... by their logic then, herbalist kids will decide to add charms to their uniforms or cele kids could add white linen and no shoes... And we wonder why the country is fast going Under
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by ManirBK: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Such schools should be closed down. As long as the law allows them to wear the hijab, anyone who wants to run any school will have to abide by the law.
You can't pick and choose which law to follow.
It's not allowed in any society.
If you who walk uncovered deny other people right to cover their bodies ..is like you are indirectly forcing your own way of dressing on them aren't you? If they didn't ask you to stop walking uncovered why would you just want them to disobey their own way of life...this is the right decision made by the APEX COURT and we welcome it..respect

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Empiree: 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:
Lagos is officially a Muslim state...
ofcourse... Long time ago. Muslims own Nigeria. What do you want to do about it?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by juman(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
Their hijab do not affect anyone.
It's their right.
Here in the West students use hijab in schools.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by pongwa(m): 12:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
Cyynthia:

You are a learner... Go to all the Local government in Lagos they all have where Muslims pray but christians don't have where they are clapping their hands...

Islamization agenda is in progress
you think I don't know? This new law will now bring out the religious beast in the fanatics among them. These mosques go get name where outsiders go dey come inside. These things should not be. A public school should have nothing of such
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by yomi531(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:
God forbid bad thing
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
With this victory other islamists, jihadists including will now take their own state governments to court to legalize the use of Hijab
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Pakute: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Fearyourcreator: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
pongwa:
na so e dey start, very soon them go move to establish mosque inside school etc. It's a sensitive issue that shouldn't be encouraged or better still moderated in a secular state. Make we no divide common school into Muslim and the infidels. It promotes disunity. Schools should be uniform without any segregation induced by religion. I don talk my own if you like abuse me I no go answer you. These segregation shouldn't be practised down south. We are more Yoruba than religious
Smiles...
They can't taken this ... Its just what I know... They can never ....
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Empiree: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

This Judgement also means that Christians are also free to wear Crucifix Neclaces to School
ofcourse no one stopped them from wearing theirs. They chose to but they got tired of wearing it. Jealousy go kill you kiriyo.

Comedy Of Hypocrisy: How CAN led Christian Students to wear Church gowns to school

"Reacting to the verdict, CAN threatened that, should the government implement the judgment, they will ask their children to wear Church garments to school. They (CAN) made good their threat as some students of Baptist high school, Iwo, Osun State wore Church garments to school"

Read:

https://knowislam.com.ng/comedy-of-hypocrisy-how-can-led-christian-students-to-wear-church-gowns-to-school/
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by carinmom(f): 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
Is possible the judgement will be for every school in Nigeria.

Let me educate you a little, even in the North, it's only in public schools that Hijabs are worn by the Muslim students only, the christians are exempted and I've never come across any of them wearing it. But the case is totally different in private schools where even the Muslim students wear only berets. I'm a Muslim and my children who attend private schools only cover their hairs with berets. Therefore I don't think the case in Lagos state will be any different.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
IPIGSRHYPO:

Should not have even gone to any court in the first place.
It's pathetic the level of intolerance from the Nigerian Christians.
Even in Christian dominated societies such as UK and US, people are allowed to wear Hijab to school and work but in Nigeria where you have majority Muslims, some wants to prevent others from practicing their religious freedom.
Sad and pathetic.

It simply means that Nigerian Christians love equality. You want Christians to be liberal while you do your religious thing?

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by MadamExcellency: 12:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

Can our children were gele to school or is the hijab going to be regulated?

No more forcing NYSC trousers on Deeper Life sisters in camp.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Eriokanmi: 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:
What are the nuisance trying to turn lagos to..
This people have a dangerous plan for the south west,now imagine when the criminal party finally wins on Muslim/Muslim ticket, fulani rule in Yoruba land will be solidify with the help of another afonja in tinubu
try and be tolerant. I'm a Christian and in support of the court ruling. Most of us don't practice what we preach, both Christians and Muslims alike. We put religion for head like no man's business. If we're talking like this, what wouid we say of the missionaries who left their comfort zones to the African jungle to preach salvation to us, only to live and die and preferred to be buried here? If we were in their shoes, would we wish to die for an African, let alone explore their land?

A son of an imam converted to Christianity having seen the character of myself and friend. I accommodated this guy in Ilorin back in the days in my hostel room. His parents were rich . He was always coming from town and I told him it's stressful, he should come stay with me. I never preached Christianity to this friend. One day he said guy, I'm following you to church. That was all. He was persecuted for this by his dad. His dad sent his siblings, 2 females to mecca twice. The father withdrew the car , house he gave him. He's a member of MFM today. He was attacked with a terrible disease but God healed him. He couid drink a keg of boiled water during that sickness and he'd be telling me he's not feeling it in his mouth. It was terrible but he was healed.

Being the first child, now his dad wants him. He's ageing. They have reconciled and life goes on. Let Christ reflect in your deeds.

On the Muslim-muslim ticket, it's dead on arrival. Not even buhari could afford to make such a grave mistake and he's reiterated that he's not in support of it. If Tinubu is so sure of his popularity and acceptability in the south, he wouid call the bluff of anyone proposing the unhealthy political arrangement to him. That Elrufai, the Tinubu's motivational speaker had his way doesn't make kaduna synonymous with the entire Nigeria. I don't want to talk of his orchestrated plans in getting this done.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by OsunOriginal: 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
mystery22:
What are the nuisance trying to turn lagos to..
This people have a dangerous plan for the south west,now imagine when the criminal party finally wins on Muslim/Muslim ticket, fulani rule in Yoruba land will be solidify with the help of another afonja in tinubu

Do you know at all it was Lagos state government that appealed the judgment that approved the use of Hijab?

The court of appeal panel that ruled in favor of Hijab and against Lagos state government (appellant) had 4 christians as members and 2 muslims. The supreme panel that upheld the decision of the appeal court had 4 muslims and 3 christians as members. Therefore, it wasn't a muslim vs christian fight. It was purely based on fundamental rights of the people concerned and the judges discharged their duties without considering their religious affiliation. Kudos to them and by the way, I am a muslim and my kids don't use Hijab and won't regardless of this ruling except they want to use it on their own when they become adults.

Hopefully, this same display of seal for justice without bias by the courts as seen in this case wouldn't be missing when it comes to criminals cases especially those perpetrated by political leaders.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Parachoko: 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
Anaerobi:

LoL.... Every school In Nigeria? Lwkmd... I can't stop laughing.
This judgement gives room for Muslim girls that wanna cover their hair to do so in any school, they are back by this judgement to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Beremx(f): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:

It's not Tru... Only Muslim skls wear hijab
I was meaning to say only muslims. Lemme correct it
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by BnQoyyim(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
HonNL:
https://www.nairaland.com/1954380/court-upholds-ban-use-hijab#27231587: (High Court)

https://www.nairaland.com/3240677/appeal-court-allows-hijab-lagos#47756345: (Appeal Court)

SOURCE

Those advocate against hijab should grow up and stop being barbaric. Hijab is allowed in some civilized nations outside there. Visit the USA, UK and New Zealand to substantiate my assertion.
Even their Police are free for whoever wish to wear hijab.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Xfemt:
I don’t have a problem with the judgement but let call a spade a spade

That a public school and it should be accorded as one
School re not religious center
Schools re meant to educate the public and not for religion activity

Hajib should be use in schools that allows it
No religion is more than the other
Let treat our selves as one
This cancer you people planting
May god not let it germinate and cause a hug problem like the one we have in the north
I come in peace
nigga STFU

How is it paining your ass that a small girl wear hijab in public school?

It is public school and they have their Right

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

And we say 9ja no dey okay ... Its a power character not being biased... Its a very powerful one... It is well
they force your girl to wear hijab?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by GreyLaw(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Parachoko:
Is possible the judgement will be for every school in Nigeria.

No, it doesn't work that way. It is for public schools in Lagos. Every state that has same issues will go to court with their own peculiarities and the court would look at it individually. Although precedence has been set.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
bigpicture001:

This is a Supreme Court judgement, so the judgement is for the whole of Nigeria!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Parachoko: 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
carinmom:

Let me educate you a little, even in the North, it's only in public schools that Hijabs are worn by the Muslim students only, the christians are exempted and I've never come across any of them wearing it. But the case is totally different in private schools where even the Muslim students wear only berets. I'm a Muslim and my children who attend private schools only cover their hairs with berets. Therefore I don't think the case in Lagos state will be any different.
I understand you, but with this law, Muslim girls can wear hijab to any school in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by wirinet(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
Christistruth00:

And Rastafarians are free to wear their head gear to cover their dreadlocks.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by Mide1data: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Yep. Its official, 9ja now an islamic country.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by GreyLaw(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
compton11:
nigga STFU

How is it paining your ass that a small girl wear hijab in public school?

It is public school and they have their Right

He came in peace and wrote like a gentleman, but you write like an unschooled maniac!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by mfm04622: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
GreyLaw:

No, it doesn't work that way. It is for public schools in Lagos. Every state that has sa,e issues will go to court with their own peculiarities and the court would look at it individually. Although precedence has been set.

This is a Supreme Court judgement. This judgement mean no state or any school authority can stop the use of Hijab in any school.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools by compton11(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
pongwa:
na so e dey start, very soon them go move to establish mosque inside school etc. It's a sensitive issue that shouldn't be encouraged or better still moderated in a secular state. Make we no divide common school into Muslim and the infidels. It promotes disunity. Schools should be uniform without any segregation induced by religion. I don talk my own if you like abuse me I no go answer you. These segregation shouldn't be practised down south. We are more Yoruba than religious
gbe ẹnu of re soun

Says by someone that his religion people were known for forcing us to sing Jesus 4 times a week and pray in Jesus name during our primary and secondary School days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Federal Government Releases Funds For EFCC, ICPC To Try Ex-Governors / FRSC Official Brutalized In Jibowu This Morning (photos) / US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.