Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City (71413 Views)

Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom Is one of the Most Cleanest City In Nigeria ..photos / Rwanda's Capital Kigali Is The Cleanest City In Africa / Beautiful City of Windhoek,Namibia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Uniquekriss(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
Desist from indiscriminate dumping of waste materials on our roads and streets
Na the way the road be na im dey make people dey dump trash for road. There's nothing you can do to stop a fly from perching on excreter.
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Ofiadiegwu: 7:47am On Jun 29, 2022
Wow!
Sooo clean a city.

Looks like an European city

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Konjiboii: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2022
This is like a ghost town,where is everyone? No wonder it's that clean.

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 29, 2022
Kuruptnigga:
Are you trying to say Abuja is not clean

Yes Abuja Is not clean, It's filthy, extremely dirty and super capital of shiithole. So what??

1 Like

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2022
Eyegroup:
for 8yrs anambra was road network state and neat even onitsha worse area was very neat and clean ...i can vow with my life very clean and neat then with good design

Stop saying rubbish go make good use of your life. Your brain and vision have been beclouded with extreme poverty for you to be saying anywhere Is super clean In Nigeria. Everything over here Is MEDIOCRITY"

1 Like

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2022
Golan007:

See this liar.

You have time coming up with Images. Nigerians love Suffering & Hardship too much. Many of them perceive Suffering & Hardship as Luxury. They are not normal people. This peter obi will be worse than buhari If elected. Currently there Is no man/woman who can make this nation work because the nation Is filled with too many EVIL PEOPLE, United Kingdom are there, Tribalism Is there, Religion Is there Just to start with. Only a big FoOoL will think Nigeria will ever work. Disintegration Is the only option that will work. Anything apart from this Is Just a waste of time..

3 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 29, 2022
Biafranodogwu55:
Nigeria cant be lyk because

Nigerians are naturally dirty

Dirty Is an understatement. 90% of Nigerians are worst than PIGS. Very disgusting set of people. Perhaps they will change when we start to Shame them..

3 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 29, 2022
elipheleh:

Taaaa. Which cities?
Portharcourt I lived from 2015 to 2021.
Abi Uyo wet I live from 2021 to present?

Very dirty states.

Lagos Is a Super Glorified Slum Local City. Imagine numerous open defecations In various places lol In a supposed city..

5 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by seunlayi(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2022
Street trading is the major reason or roads are dirty
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 29, 2022
Bobbiee:

FROM THE SECOND IMAGE I CAN SEE A LOT OF DUST PILED ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND ON THE MEDIAN STRIP. THE STREET SWEEPERS DO THE WORST JOB! I MEAN, THATS THE CAPITAL FOR CHRISTSAKE! CAN'T THEY AFFORD THE MECHANIZED STREETSWEEPERS

You know what I have come to conclude? Most Nigerians are not "NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS" There Is something wrong somewhere, More like a SPIRITUAL thing. It's not ordinary..

3 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by SIMONEKPA7: 8:35am On Jun 29, 2022
Reflect7:

WINDHOEK HAS ONLY 400,000 PEOPLE.

IT IS A TINY, TINY PLACE THAT CAN NEVER BE MENTIONED IN A ROLL CALL OF MAJOR AFRICAN CITIES.

IT IS NOT EVEN THE SIZE OF WARRI.

THERE IS HARDLY ANYONE THERE, SO PROVIDING PUBLIC SERVICES IS KID'S PLAY THERE, ESPECIALLY BEING A NATIONAL CAPITAL.

NO BIG DEAL WHATSOEVER. SO GET LOST. MUMU.

WHEN THEY HIT 5 MILLION PEEPS LIKE ABUJA, OR 25 MILLION LIKE LAGOS, THEN WE CAN TALK.

FOR NOW, GET LOST. WINDHOEK IS NOTHING.
Oga you be witch? enemy of progress, just admit Namibia is beautiful than every where in Nigeria. Stop celebrating madness

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by blackbriar: 8:38am On Jun 29, 2022
Bravetunde:
These is the least obi will do.
Everywhere will be clean and sparkling.
Our naira will be stronger,youth will live longer as there will tight security.
If theivenubu cannot take care of his teeth,and appear neat is it the entire Nigeria.
Shittin under the bridge in osunn state must stop.i trust obi to do that.
Vote wisely,vote the American standard president who is educated,neat,well spoken, intelligent,prudent with resources and a lover of the youth.
No wonder all the educated youth want to die for obi.
Once obi becomes president,kiss unemployment bye bye.

Naira will be stronger when we produce nothing and import everything , even the food we eat.; including palm oil and fish.
It is not just Obi's Help we need.
We need divine intervention and face facts, we need to be a self sufficient nation like China or most developed nation.
if not, all na campaign promises
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Bigchristo22(m): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2022
grin grin
God1000:
Desist from indiscriminate dumping of waste materials on our roads and streets
See how organized the city look? If na Lagos you go see danfo and Keke Mariah everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by LeSudAfricaine: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2022
Konjiboii:
This is like a ghost town,where is everyone? No wonder it's that clean.
it's not over-populated grin

3 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Caesar25: 9:19am On Jun 29, 2022
I didn't see anyone with hijab here
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Rupertek: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
We need rapid infrastructural development in Nigeria, and it's only good leaders that can make it happen.

Vote wisely next year
And which of the leaders do you think is good among them? None. When Obi was governor in Anambra, we saw no Rapid infrastructural development in Anambra. Tinubu is better
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by oribi(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
yeah, but some cities like Abuja, Calabar, uyo and port Harcourt are still clean

Please take away port harcourt from that list
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Karnice600: 10:45am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
Windhoek the capital city of Namibia is the second cleanest city in Africa after Kigali, the Rwanda's capital which is number one.

Gradually, African countries are is moving forward in terms of good infrastructure.

Cleanest, just like Lagos. Well I believe Tinubu and his agberos can give us something decent like this in Nigeria come 2023.
Talking from experience, these guys are very neat and have a strong taste for a hygienic environment. Imagine the pictures below with yellow, degenerating buses loitered all over the place for tourist attraction.
This is the kind of Nigeria we want, where one doesn't have to think or reason for himself. Our godfathers can help us reason and make decisions for us. Its not easy. Using the brain could be very tasking in this era, so we'll leave all thinking to be done by them.
And even if the OBIdient people laugh us to scorn and call us barbarians, we know deep within us that we're just Nigerians with a confused mind. Awa lokan.
Hehehehe

4 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by enonche85(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Which position is Lagos?

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Karnice600: 10:55am On Jun 29, 2022
enonche85:

Lol
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by VanuatuWycombe: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
We need rapid infrastructural development in Nigeria, and it's only good leaders that can make it happen.

Vote wisely next year

And better followers. More than 150million Nigerians are enemies of progress, directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by YoshihideSuga: 11:24am On Jun 29, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
1.Lol. The fact that you even type in capital letters says a lot about you..
2.Windhoek is neater, has more amenities than any Nigerian city. Namibia has the best roads in Africa etc..don't know who said anything about Europe
3. My moniker clearly shows I'm not Nigerian .
4. Pointing out obvious facts has nothing to do with inferiority complex , You're just in denial

Google "Rossiki Nairaland", he's a troll and suffers from a mental illness.

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Kuruptnigga: 11:31am On Jun 29, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Yes Abuja Is not clean, It's filthy, extremely dirty and super capital of shiithole. So what??
Ok
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by LeSudAfricaine: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2022
YoshihideSuga:

Google "Rossiki Nairaland", he's a troll and suffers from a mental illness.
I noticed grin
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by YoshihideSuga: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2022
miketayo:

You are not making sense, I have been to 2 other states enroute to my inlaws village aside windhoek, and they are as clean as windhoek, asides taller buildings you can't tell the difference, I haven't even been to their tourist city which is Swakopmund in the coast, which I heard is finer than windhoek.
Botswana is another beautiful country
. Lagos is a shell of what it is meant to be, but of course people like you full 9ja and will always settle for less

Don't mind ignorant and tribalistic Nigerians. They will never admit that Nigeria is thoroughly underdeveloped.

2 Likes

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Ayk8: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2022
Karlovych:
embarassed This is what Lagos is supposed to look like but the cocaine lover filled it with his urchins and criminals that defecate under the bridges and inside the gutters, and spits.

Now I see that some nairalanders commenting are daft! especially this fool here �.

To start with, there are many things to consider before you even dare to compare Lagos city to Windhoek or any city you have in your dry head.

You need to consider the population, landmass, level of education and what have you.

The population of Windhoek is just over 400,000 residing on a landmass of over 5000 Square kilometers and the literacy rate of the people of Namibia is over 90%.

Last time I checked, the population of Lagos is over 20 million residing on a landmass of less than 1200 square kilometers and the literacy rate of the people of Nigeria is just over 60%.

For me, the problem is the people residing in Lagos (The most populous city in Nigeria with over 20 million people). They treat it like it's not their home and that's because many of them are uneducated who came to hustle! in Lagos thereby showcasing an "I don't care" attitude towards the environment even as they are presented with the signboard "keep Lagos clean".

What's funny is that despite the disadvantages this city faces, Lagos state still moves!!! by ensuring a clean environment is achieved. That's why you see the signboard "keep Lagos clean" and you see the roadside cleaners every single day!

Why? To achieve a cleaner Lagos!!

So dry-head, if you have nothing good to say about the city of Lagos, shut the Bleep up!!!
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Ayk8: 11:55am On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:

Vote wisely next year

Sharrap!! Even when the govt provides you with all infrastructures you need, the PEOPLE will spoil them. The problem is the PEOPLE. You need to educate the people, change their perception etc. Before you write always consider the population, educational rate & landmass.
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by siofra(f): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
God1000:
yeah, but some cities like Abuja, Calabar, uyo and port Harcourt are still clean

Did you type CALABAR? grin

City wey don rotten finish thanks to Ayade.
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by brownbib(m): 12:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nice to be heard in Africa. Just my thoughts smiley
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Kuruptnigga: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
LeSudAfricaine:
Lol. You have more of these things but in poorer quality. You shouldn't brag of such
South Africa is a certified shithol. The most unequal shithole in the world grin not even fit for animals to live in sef grin cheesy
Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Kuruptnigga: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
Nakamorah:
I think Abuja can compete
Sure

1 Like

Re: Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City by Kuruptnigga: 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
chocboi78:
Windhoek is not the capital. Kigali is
How is kigali the Capital of Namibia. Hope say you never smoke before you type that nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Spends 40years In US, 20yrs In Prison & Is Deported Back To Nigeria (video) / Tanker Explosion In Odukpani, Cross River Kills Many, Injures Others (Graphic) / Lagosians Turn 'Spidermen' To Pass Flooded Road (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.