Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,914 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] (1637 Views)

Top 20 Most Visited Sites In Nigeria 2015. Nairaland Comes 8th / Microsoft Releases Windows 8 For Public Testing / Apart From Joomla: What Other Cms Do You Work With: ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 22, 2011
After much coding. I believe i have gotten most of the core features right.
But it is not yet complete. You can get a feel of the framework here:

Frontend:  http://www.dhtmlkits.com/
Backend:   http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/

I just did the first online testing - overnite - fixing bots and bugs and stuffs.

The original website for the framework still remains dhtmlframework.com [not yet loaded]

Please drop your comments here. I will update on progress changes as well.

I want to finish work on some of the most important aspects before i make the code available
for download - i dont want to crash someone's server.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by DualCore1: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2011
Nice one bro. Nice domain too smiley. How that wasn't taken over the years, beats me.

Once you have solidified the framework, we can start making templates smiley

*dhtml:

i dont want to crash someone's server.
LoL. It can stand 10 million users on mobinga's ntwyt.com so this shouldnt be a problem.  grin
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2011
Hmm thanks. I was very surprised the domain was still available self.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2011
Fixed some of the menu settings. The navigation menu has a lot of dimensions: for instance:
- You can make a menu show at the frontend and also at the backend e.g. Logout Link
- You can select what menus will be displayed on the dashboard of the backend
- A menu can have a theme that renders it. Usually cmses usually have two themes: one for homepage and another for inner page.
but in this framework, each menu can be customized to use any available theme.
- Within a theme folder, we usually have the rendering script e.g. page.tpl.php or index.php : a menu can select the rendering template
it wants to use within the theme folder.
- Menus can have permission levels assigned to them automatically.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by lojik(m): 12:51am On Jul 24, 2011
Well done bro!
No be small thing. Will conduct extensive testing later.
U have not added installation menu for themes and extensions though.

Keep it up! We're proud of u.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2011
Thanks for reminding me. . . i already have that in my list. I am like 95% done with the core of the framework.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
There has been a lot of changes between this and the last one.

The admin backend is looking more active. Modules have help which generate themselves,
and have links to their various sections.

More options have been added to lotsa areas.

http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/

As for modules, for now, if you drop any modules into the modules folder, it will pick it, and you can enable the module.

But i will later add a remote installer zere.

The main things remaining are:
More core modules such as
- Content Module: So we can have all those wysiwym (what you see is what you mean) and wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)
widgets integrated with the now very powerful form api.

Three main things remain:
- User module should be completed - remaining frontend registration.
- Implementation of the permissions.
- Extensions installer

I should be able to achieve that this week. After that, i register the github thinngy and put up the page on dhtmlframework.com
So people can download the code.

This last one i installed online is just 1MB in size and the database is about 4KB. Both zipped though. So it still falls under an
ultra-light framework.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by dhtmlextreme(m): 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2011
My previous post before i was banned - http://www.dhtmlkits.com/modules/meta/post.html
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Thatdave(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
am currently developing a similar framework.mine is on the mvc technology. i get 2 many cms jobs permonth and each time i hard-edit my ugly and user enemy cms framework to start working with d new site. until i decided to take the bull by ma pistol. my new mvc frame work will enable my users to create anx site in 10 days! but unfortunately i have not got to ur stage.

still cooking libraries.
kudos to u bro.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by dhtmlextreme(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
That is muy fantastico amigo. MVC eh? Now i wonder if this my framework is MVC. Just kidding, of course it uses mvc.
I had all those bugs too whenever i do them CMS stuffs, i get stuck sometimes and start tweaking and tweaking until
i vex and had to do this one.
I have fixed so many many bugs since the last upload yesterday. Right now, i am working on the users module.

Already, you can make registrations at the backend, right now, i am doing the frontend registration, and also checking
to make sure all those roles and permissions are working as they should.

And also crosschecking some other areas. I have been working on the WYSIWYG interface. And that will come in as a module
immediately after the users module.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
Thanks y'all. Back from the ban.

In this third update, i have fixed some stuffs such as some bugs in the block modules and other minor stuffs in the form api.
Most important thing about this update is that the user api is now very functional.

Previously, you can handle registrations from the backend, assign privileges, roles and stuffs. Even delete accounts
or block accounts.

In this update, all that is still possible. But now, there is frontend registration. Complete with password recovery system,
editing of account by clients. . . . .

Some of the privileges are enforced already, for example, you can configure a block to display for only certain roles.

Since users could not login before, i had to pause implementing the privileges and face users api first.

I will complete the enforcing of privileges, and get back to the Richtext Editor Module i was previously working on.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by lojik(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
Are you planning to implement APIs? XML, HTTP and/or JS API may be a good addition to the CMS.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 26, 2011
yeah lojik's right but am guessing that'll be at the last stage.nice work bro.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2011
Yeah @pc guru is right. Some of those APIs can only come in last after everything other thing is working.

Meanwhile, script contributions are welcomed. So @lojik, what features do you feel a good API for
XML, HTTP and/or JS API should have?

For now, there is no content module, that will come after i complete the fckeditor module.

Thanks y'all for the contributions so far.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2011
JS API and HTTP, script contribution do u mean JavaScript if so,let us know how we can help. wink
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 26, 2011
since u're a drupal person i thought this might help out easier than using WDSL
http://drupal.org/project/rest_api_query
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2011
That is very good pc guru. I will soon make the source code available for download, once i am finished with the core of the stuff.
All those your APIs can come in after that. This is an open source thingggy, i dont have to code everything out. . . .

In this recent update, you can now disable user registration form.
Now, this is not as easy as it seems. I am considering that,
- Some people might have the form open, so if you disable, them just fill the form and submit
- Some might have the link of the registration for directly, so if you disable, them just visit the link
- Some may be in the midst of validation
Anyway, Once it is disabled, then it is disabled - simplemente

Next update:
http://www.dhtmlkits.com/user/login

I used to run into this problem atimes, i want a module or extension to grab the system message and
display it whereever and however it likes.

In the other platforms i have used, messages are usually shown in one area of the template. It is like
that here too, but it is not compulsory.

The full registration form/login/reset password that is displayed above for instance grabs the system
messages and displays it inside the content - rather than the regular message area of the template

You can try to submit a blank registration form or a blank login form to see.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
[5th update. ]

The menu permissions are now enforced.

The menu rules is similar to that of enabling registration form.

If a menu has no permission at all, it will be accessible to all roles / everyone.
Any menu with any permission will make sure that the current user has at least
one of the permissions checked to allow that user to either view the menu
on a menu list - or to access the content.

The administrative area is still opened though - for testing
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 27, 2011
6th update.
Fixed some bugs, and also fixed the multiple checkboxes issue.
I have also done work on the cck plugin complete with file manager
http://www.dhtmlkits.com/test
The config is http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/set.php/fckeditor
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2011
7th Update
Fixed some found bugs. I am sure there are still some minor and other hidden bugs here and there.

I was not too happy with the fckeditor, it is damn too big, so i went for tinymce editor.
I just disabled the fckeditor plugin, and enabled the tinymce plugin i just completed.

You can see a demo of the tinymce plugin here: http://www.dhtmlkits.com/form2.php
You can see the configuration here: http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/set.php/tinymce

At this stage, i am done with the core modules and extensions of the framework.

Next stage:
- Content Module: I want to test out a number of websites with this framework starting from tomorow.
In other to do that successfully, i need to at least add a content module at the very least.

Other necessary extensions can start coming in after this point. I am now ready to put up
www.dhtmlframework.com and make the code available for download and testing.

And these: hmmmm, i will look into it.
lojik:

Are you planning to implement APIs? XML, HTTP and/or JS API may be a good addition to the CMS.
pc guru:

since u're a drupal person i thought this might help out easier than using WDSL
http://drupal.org/project/rest_api_query

And thanks to all the developers that encouraged me to do this framework: @lojik, omnipotens, qadrillion amongst a few, and many others that
are not even on this board.

At least it has taken shape. However, the main stuffs i want on it will come slowly with time.

And now i even remember, the filemanager plugin i am using pwdfilemanager has issues with mozilla firefox, and works well in IE, google chrome,
safari and other browsers. Suggestions are most welcomed.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
Still working on the contents module, it is kinda tougher than expected.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by DualCore1: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
Weldone bro. You should retire after this grin
Too much work for one lifetime.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
Retire eh? i never get am for walking stick. I am halfway done with the content module.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by DualCore1: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2011
You wan get walking stick before you retire? We could get you one as retirement incentive smiley
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
Ehm, but my mama and papa neva start to dey use walking stick na? if i give ma papa, e go whoze my dirty slap
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by DualCore1: 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2011
not a real walking stick. An e-walking stick and its so sexy it attracts the babes. Don't you just want to retire now? cool

P.S: Hope that is not the official default theme for the framework? Talking of the front end only, not admin area.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2011
Naa, just something crappy to test out the perms and stuffs. I dont have an official frontend theme yet.
Meanwhile, i am on the lookout for default themes - i need two, preferably one simple and the other
complex.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 30, 2011
************************** 8th update - cms interlude **************************8

Visit the admin area's content interface: http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/content

Now, admin can define custom content types.

Let us assume that i want to create something like this nairaland's reply box:

I will first add a content type called Reply. Then in the fields definition, i will use the form api
directly to create the input form.

The next step is to define the fields. The field definition of the content type called page
looks like this: http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/content/11/fields
Errr, i am not completely done with that interface. Just want something resembling some kinda
coding interface.

After that, you can visit the area to actually post contents - http://www.dhtmlkits.com/admin/content/post

Then, finally, users or whoever can now post contents using the link:
http://www.dhtmlkits.com/content/add/page
depending on the content type you want to post.

In the future, uploading files will be supported.

After a content has been pasted, it will get assigned an ID e.g. /content/1

The next step after this is how to alias that contet/1 etc into real links such as home.php or whatever
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by dhtmlextreme(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2011
Added some cms stuffs to it. I was banned while trying to explain a bit here how it works.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2011
I have been working on the cms module.

For now, there is some kinda code interface that allows developers to develop customized forms.
Yes forms, you can define any kinda field in the form api (which will be documented area).

You can for instance design a form for say a shopping cart item:
- Item name, category, price, large photo, small photo etc

Once you have defined the content, and saved it. New permissions will be created immediately which
you can assign for roles.

Permissions such as:
access to contents - you can define those that can access any type of content you designed. From anonymous or whoever
create/edit/delete contents: you can specify these based on 2 levels. Whether you can modify/delete something you created
yourself or if you can have access to any other content.

The content area automatically can include files by default - if you add a file field, it will handle the upload automatically.
And when the content is listed later on, the file will be listed.

Also, contents can have their own subthemes. . . . . .

I have already done all of these, i am just testing out the various permissions and some of the security issues of this kinda thing.
Re: Dhtmlframework Testing :: 8th Update [cms interlude] by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 01, 2011
The framework itself is more or less completed - as per the core and extension systems.

I have been working on the cms aspect of the stuff. The cms area is almost complete - like 95%.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Login To Wordpress Dashboard And Cpanel Using Simpleserver Or XT181 / Cheap Nigeria And Uk Adsense Accounts For Sale / Can I Get Paid To My Savings Account From Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.