Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,344 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft (5461 Views)

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike / Ministerial Nomination: We Won't Endorse Amaechi, Rivers Senators Insist / We Will Not Stop Amaechi- Rivers Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2011
While Rivers State Governor states  it would be very difficult for most state governors to pay the newly approved N18,000 minimum wage for its workers, the Rivers State House of Assembly has approved the purchase a new aircraft for Governor Chibuike Amaechi, citing the need for safety. The governor had written to the house seeking permission to trade in the Rivers State Embraer Legacy Jet bought by former Governor Peter Odili for another aircraft.
The new aircraft, which is manufactured by Bombadere Aero Space, is a 2012 Model with global 2000 version.

Rivers State Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum, Rotimi Amaechi had on June 23, 2011 called for an urgent review of the present Revenue Allocation Formular, to enable the governors meet up with the agitation of organized labour on the payment of the N18,000 minimum wage.

Addressing journalists at his inaugural media briefing as chairman of the NGF, at the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja Amaechi noted that it would be very difficult for most state governors to meet up with the expectations of workers against the backdrop of meager allocation from Federation Account and the contending challenges in most states.

Amaechi in his letter of request to the State House of Assembly said the old jet would be used to offset part of the price of the new aircraft, adding that the balance would then be paid to the manufacturers.

House Leader, Mr. Chidi Lloyd, noted that it was necessary for the state to get a modern jet, stressing that the cost of maintenance for old-fashioned jet would be enormous.

Lloyd who spoke yesterday during debate on the purchase of the new jet, commended the governor for his decision to trade in the old jet to get a new one.

"You are aware that old aircraft are not good to be managed on board, so we will not hesitate to grant approval of the governor's request because it will be better for us to have our governor and other senior officials fly safe to enable them continue doing great works for the people."

Similarly, Deputy Speaker, Leyii Kwanee urged the House to approve the request by the Governor to buy a new jet without delay and said it was more costly to maintain old aircraft.

For his part, Horsefall Godstime, representing  Asari-Toru Constituency II, extolled the move by the governor and reasoned that Amaechi was brave in his decision.

"Instead of going for a brand new aircraft, The governor is trading in the old one to get a better one which will save cost."

Also, his counterpart in Obio/Akpor Constituency II, Micheal Chinda added that, the trading in approach was a welcome development as the new aircraft would ensure the governor's safety.

The Speaker, Amachree Otelemaba, who presided over the sitting, directed the clerk of the House to write to the governor informing him that the  lawmakers had approved his request to buy a new aircraft.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7384:rotimi-amaechi-rivers-assembly-approves-new-aircraft&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Afam4eva(m): 7:23am On Jul 22, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2011
Fair enough. i have no issues with it for now.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by 2n2k(m): 8:53am On Jul 22, 2011
Wow. That was a very thorough debate. All the pros and cons were considered and thrashed out. US congress shhould liaise with rivers house of assembly on how to handle obama's request going forward.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 11:24am On Jul 22, 2011
I'm still wondering how the plane will have positive effect on the life of an average Rivers citizen considering how many boreholes and road that money for a [b]"better plane" will construct.[/b] angry angry angry angry angry angry >:

Imagine this: "You are aware that old aircraft are not good to be managed on board, so we will not hesitate to grant approval of the governor's request because it will be better for us to have our governor and other senior officials fly safe to enable them continue doing great works for the people.", my God.

And this; For his part, Horsefall Godstime, representing Asari-Toru Constituency II, extolled the move by the governor and reasoned that Amaechi was brave in his decision., you call this brave? how much does it take to charter an aircraft? who then maintains and service it? did they consider ground charges? How many employment avenues will it generate?, i think someone needs a dictionary to really undersatnd the meaning of the word brave

angry angry angry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by edoyad(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2011
only in nigeria, a govt that can't pay 18k minimum wage but can keep a private jet for one man and his friends
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by davidiyke(m): 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2011
AMAECHI HAD ALREADY PROMISED TO PAY THE NEW MINIMUM WAGE. THERE IS NOTHING BA IN A STATE HAVING IT'S OWN JET. IT IS NOT A LUXURY BUT A NECESSITY. HOWEVER LET THEM NOT FORGET THAT WE HAVE THE RICH THE MIDDLE CLASS AND THE POOR. WE ALL NEED FOOD, SHELTER AND OTHER BASIC THINGS OF LIFE.

CHECK OUT THE CLIFFTOP ESTATE IN PORT HARCOURT. SELLING AT A RIDICULOUSLY LOW RATE. IT IS A DRIVE FOR A HOME FOR THE RICH. THE MORTGAGE BANK ALSO HAS THE ONE FOR THE POOR IN AKURE AND ONE FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS IN LAGOS.
JUST CONTACT DAVID-08035214480

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by semidaraeb(m): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2011
All of them in dat house plus d governor are all bastards and fools people who do not and will never have d interest of d masses. Infact it is dis kind of people Boko Haram should be targeting. See sycophancy all of dem joining d band wagon to praise d governor

BOKO HARAM pls we need your services and dey say dey can't pay minimum wage, Thunder fire all of them

And because he has said he will pay minimum wage so that is d next thing after minimum wage abi, I. DEY LAUGH IN SWAHILI,
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by okooyinbo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
It is reported that Odili bought that plane. Now when was Odili Governor? Did he buy the plane second hand? If not, how could they term a plane that is not yet 12 years in service old? Naija people are very funny!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Pafuri(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2011
I guess if the Governor can fly in a private jet, then there will be no need to fix old roads or construct new ones. I thought they said Amaechi was intelligent! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
I dey sure say na davidiyke wan supply the plane for them coz I don't understand the excuse he's making for them.  The house they built who are their target. Market? Coz I don't understand a state where someone earning 70,000 here in Lagos can't relocate to Portharcourt and start earning 116,000 all in the name of high cost of living there. And u are making excuses? God is this guy a graduate?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by phantom(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2011
yes, if na fashola do am, na hailing una go dey hail, abeg make i hear word, when they were floating ship hotels una no talk, (BTW where is that sunburn hotel now?)
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by talktrue1(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
There is too much money in this nation, our problem is our leaders. In fact, we should stop paying TAX because our leaders are just there to waste excess money instead of proper utilisation

Why not go for a speed boat - Rivers state
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Mobinga: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
Rotimi. . .
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by mallorca(m): 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
Mobinga:

Rotimi. . .
Chibuike Amechi, lolzzz
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by slimshady1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
tax money abi? Rotimi pay min wage and stp chopn tax money
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by TopDog1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
When leaders lack vision,foresight and fundamental knowledge of the requisites of leadership,they invariably loose focus and sense of direction.

While the people Amaechi governs,wallow in acute poverty and misery,he seeks to buy a new Plane.While developmental projects abound to be executed,he seeks pleasure.  Ofcourse his "hired praise singer's",would see no evil nor hear any over this action by their Inept Governor.After all.it is their time to "chop and clean mouth".

Wonder what most of our Governors have in their head? Stones instead of brain? Or are the clowns that sourround them as stupid as they make them out to be? Wondering what his next comical relief would be? Cos his Fellow Governor from Imo state has already stolen the award for the week by appointing a special assistant on Lagos  for Imolites, grin shocked shocked shocked

Make una continue the looting cos the money no dey finish.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Ikwikwikwi(m): 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
This Rivers People sef. when will they ever learn. Odili was the greatest thieving Governor we ever had, but he did not sleep a night in jail because he has a Judge as a wife, who was even appointed into a higher court, even after stealing with her husband. Now his relation is towing his footsteps. I pity these morons in that House of Assembly. Thunder will strick all of you dead for turning blind eye to the evil Amechi is doing to his people.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by saudatu(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
cry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
i wish he added that he was gonna get a new Aircraft when he was making his manifesto for second term, Rubbish angry angry angry
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by member479760: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
Good afternoon guys!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Bensonite: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
It is indeed a pity that Amaechi will enbark on such jamboree. Since 1999 Rivers State has had rubber stamp House of Assembly(remember Amaech was speaker for 8yrs) when Odili planned on laundering some funds and it was exposed, he quickly rushed to buy this plane and the rubber stamp assembly headed by Amaechi quickly approved it without a single debate. If you visit or live in Port Harcourt, you will cry for the deployarable road and flooding. In Port Harcourt every single household has a borehole for water supply as the state water is no longer existing and yet the governor is using over $40million to buy a new jet. Now how many states governors fly on personal jet? and what economic benefit do we get from this?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2011
And some set of people wanna make an excuse for this dragging fashola into the matter?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by tlops(m): 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
it cost to trade in also!
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by ibedun: 1:40am On Jul 24, 2011
thunder will not strike anybody . The bast'ds are the stupid Nigerian people who sit hands folded and letting this happen
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Magicwand: 4:20am On Jul 24, 2011
LOLZ! An African entrusted with power is like a drunken man behind the steering wheel. I live in Texas and the state of Texas does not own an aircraft. Governor Rick Perry flies Continental Airlines. Nigeria we hail thee![b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Imohbyron(m): 5:06am On Jul 24, 2011
Make i hear word, All of you saying what you know and those you döon't know,if u guyz were in their position you would do worse, So just let him be,

In between i stay in P.H and i would say ,the guy day try compared to odili, And which state does not have water on it's road when it rainz heavily,make i hear word with this una fashola, Make him go stop flood for lagos make i see,
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by papaejima2: 6:27am On Jul 24, 2011
Must we criticize everything? Gov Amaechi never said that Rivers State can not pay the new minimum wage. He only spoke on behalf of some states who can not, in his capacity as the Governors Forum Chairman. I do not see how his intention to trade an old jet for a new one should raise eyebrows. Someone even suggested chartering planes anytime he wants to travel. Have you done a comparative study on the cost implication? Another even suggested that the money should be used to sink boreholes! I know there are children here but can we be more mature in reasoning?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by maskara01: 6:42am On Jul 24, 2011
I gues the guvnor has got fanz here. the last poster ejima or papa ejima or what do u call ursef critizing the person who called for sinking of boreholes like he said, My question to u is did u compare texas to Rivers state? I think if am right texas has also got some oil intrests I don't know but for goodness sake they don't have a plane na! Abi y do we see things and not face the truth of it? We are talking of holding the goverment accountable for Godsake. Like I said until he gives d real reason for buying a new jet then all that is bullshit. And my question is why dint he include it in his manifesto , Gbam
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by papaejima2: 7:11am On Jul 24, 2011
Mr Maskara, don't you think that your living in Texas has made you far removed from the realities back home? The Texas Gov can afford to fly public in a country where there are scheduled flights every hour to almost every city. We should stop making unintelligent comparisons but make comments based on the reality on ground. It is very easy to bash public officials but we must try to be constructive in our criticism. If you lived in Nigeria, you would have known that Gov Amaechi is rated as one of the best performing governors, i.e comparatively speaking and his buying a jet for THE STATE would not stop him from "sinking boreholes". I guess you are intelligent enough to realize that when you posted this, not every one would agree with your reasoning just as I realize that you do not have to agree with mine. Chikena.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by Rhino5dm: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2011
After they all watch them embezzle their money with all sorts of luxeries, the stuupid people will be taking casket to the gets of company and demanding social infrastractures. . .
I think he should order for a jumbo jet. IMO
Re: Rotimi Amaechi: Rivers Assembly Approves New Aircraft by stormm: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2011
@ all, Minimum wage or not, of what economic benefit is the plane to River State? Amaechi should be more circumspect on this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Almajiri School In Ebonyi State? Elechi Has No Intention To Islamize Ebonyi / Niger Delta Planning Secession - Waku / Awka Market Women Protest Tax Imposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.