Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. (2701 Views)

I'm About To Start My Programming Learning Journey / My Programming Journey, My First Html Project / How Can I Monetize My Programming Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2022
On Thursday, 16th of June, 2022. I finally got a job as a junior programmer for a company in Philippines with a starting salary of 270k monthly, 30k monthly data allowance, 4 hours working hours daily after Years, month, weeks, days and man hours of rigorous learning, trials, determinations, tribulations and experience. Stay tuned as i carry you on this journey. It is very inspiring, emotional and definitely worth your time. And for those that wants to start programming, this should motivate you to get started and those that are still procrastinating or not taken any steps yet, please do.

Cc. Lalasticlala seun mynd44 Dominique Mukina2 (please i am begging) Abeg help move to front page for wider view as this is going to inspire alot of young guys out there.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Bigredmachine: 7:24am On Jun 18, 2022
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2022
My life journey started as a nightmare and caused tears and pains to my mom. How..? I was a very very dull person. In short, i am daft. Chai. I chop beatings o grin for my dullness and I went back to primary 3 from jss1 to start primary school again to show how dull I was. Then, if you tell me *a, b, c* and ask me. Wetin i talk now now..? I don forget .. Life wasn't fair to me even till i got to jss1.

As God will have it, I scaled thru primary school to Junior secondary school. In jss 2, I failed again and the head teacher threatened to repeat me. I cried and begged my mom not to and that l will definitely do better in jss3. Well, l was given a benefit of doubt and l proved every naysayers wrong. Mainwhile, there is this teacher that hated me so much and always insulting me, calling me names, block head etc.. I will tell you what happened to the man as i type on. You wouldn't wanna miss this story. I am already writing an autograph grin

3 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by cheras1: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2022
My pen and paper is ready
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2022
I soon entered ss1(science department) omo angry. Why mehn? Wetin you dey find there? Dull person like you was what people say. But i won't bulge. I knows what l wants and nothing or no one is gonna stop me. I struggled throughout ss1 as an average student. Average result and then he was promoted to ss2. smiley

As l started ss2, l became academically sound. So many things contributed to it and God is number 1 as he answered my mom's prayers, tears and crown my heart desire to be a better person academically as l was mocked by all and sundry and even my mates left me behind due to constant repeat. Even my babe then, Aisha left me too. embarassed
I can't forget Mr Leonard of first class academy for his efforts too. Soon, my name was known all round Ajeromi Ifelodun school complex(Tolu complex) that comprises of 16 different secondary schools. I schooled at Bola Ige Millennium Senior High School, Tolu.

3 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by parkervero(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2022
ayomikuolatunji:
My life journey started as a nightmare and caused tears and pains to my mom. How..? I was a very very dull person. In short, i am daft. Chai. I chop beatings o grin for my dullness and I went back to primary 3 from jss1 to start primary school again to show how dull I was. Then, if you tell me *a, b, c* and ask me. Wetin i talk now now..? I don forget .. Life wasn't fair to me even till i got to jss1.

As God will have it, I scaled thru primary school to Junior secondary school. In jss 2, I failed again and the head teacher threatened to repeat me. I cried and begged my mom not to and that l will definitely do better in jss3. Well, l was given a benefit of doubt and l proved every naysayers wrong. Mainwhile, there is this teacher that hated me so much and always insulting me, calling me names, block head etc.. I will tell you what happened to the man as i type on. You wouldn't wanna miss this story. I am already writing an autograph grin

Maybe the right word will be you were dyslexic

Congratulations on your success journey.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2022
I became an enigma and mysterious person everyone in tolu school complex were asking who is *ORACLE?* YES!!! I was nicknamed *ORACLE.* Students from other schools want to know who this mathematics oracle is. I dey scatter and chop maths like groundnut. If I am going to visit another school, mathematics questions and challenge is waiting for me from gurus of that school. I mean, they will come and pick me at the gate of their school to their laboratory for the challenge. My senior brother(mide3367) was still in secondary school then and he was the president of Jets Union Committee that comprises of science students from the whole schools in the region.

To the extent that other evening lessons apart from first class and students from private schools wants to know who this *ORACLE* was and to challenge him. I was beaten twice i guess but i won't relent and go back to beat the person in maths solving. First class lesson do get influx of students that period because people wanna see and meet this oracle and challenge him in mathematics. That was where my academic prowess started from. Then the teacher i talked about from the beginning of my story attended first class lesson with me unknowingly to both of us. On a faithful evening, the teacher posted a question on the board for everyone to solve. I then told the person beside me.....

To be continued. Make i go bath first.

parkervero:

Maybe the right word will be you were dyslexic

Congratulations on your success journey.
thanks.. Stay tuned and help me tag mods(seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, mukina2) to take to front page.

2 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Maclink288: 7:59am On Jun 18, 2022
Following.

Currently searching for a product design role and I tell you it hasn't been easy.
Please throw more light on how you got the role, the application process et al. It would helps most of us in this tech space.

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by fastanddubious(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2022
Following...
I sent u a PM boss maybe it's u that'll put a noobie through
Just some questions I wanna ask
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 18, 2022
fastanddubious:
Following...
I sent u a PM boss maybe it's u that'll put a noobie through
Just some questions I wanna ask

DM me on WhatsApp 09025252652
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Playermayweda(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2022
You gots write a book or a biography men
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Following, seems juicy
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by fastanddubious(m): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
ayomikuolatunji:

DM me on WhatsApp 09025252652
Thanks
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
Diary?
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Playermayweda:
You gots write a book or a biography men
definitely working on it
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
*"mumu, the answer na 5"* the man said i know. I just want to solve it. I repeated *"ode, dey waste you time na"* The man just looked who was talking as he was busy looking at his book before. Lol and behold. It was me the dull guy he always insult then when l was in jss class and both of us dey in jamb class. I was like *"Uncle? �. Sorry i didnt know it was you"* People then turned and looked at us. I just smiled said he was my secondary school teacher. Na so kasala burst o. Table as turned and he got paid back in his own coin. The man left and nevr attended the lesson again.
I took GCE in ss2 and failed. Wrote final waec and didn't make English language.

Well that didn't deter me as I took jamb immediately after graduation and gained admission to rivers state University to study marine engineering. Guess what..? I never had any dreams nor ambition at all on what to do with my life or become in the future till Nigerian shippers council came to our school then to sanitise students on career to pick in maritime industry and that was where my love for marine engineering started. I was so keen on it and followed so many sailors and seafarers both online and offline. Started reading big books on sea life and dreamt of going on voyage to the treacherous ocean and ravaging storms of the seas and oceans across the world. I was prepared for it.. And luckily for me, l scored 285 in my first ever jamb and got admitted to rivers state University to study marine engineering. But another set back came in.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
Then something happened sad. After we paid acceptance fee, school fees and other fees which mom borrowed heavily to pay for. I was told to withdraw from school as l don't have English language in waec. That was where my new woes started from sad. Ashamed to come back home to start again, no way. I stayed with a pastor friend in port Harcourt for 1 year and rewrote waec but result was held again. I was stucked and no way forward. Mainwhile before this new twist of fate, I used to be very proud of my newly found demi-academic-god status and l talk down, insult and ridicule dull people eg: kayode(last born) who suffered similar fate as mine. I don't regard anyone at all.

We(me and my family) not knowing that it was all God's plan to make me humble and even reposition my life to another direction were not happy for my misfortune as my result was withheld. I returned back to lagos to write neco. Guess what?. My centre was the secondary school i graduated from. Omo. I said l won't go back there to write it o. Lai Lai. How would l face my teachers that thought i was in school already blah! Blah!. My brother was like who cares? It's your future bro. I reluctantly went back there to write the neco and made it. Took another jamb again and choose federal university of petroleum resources, delta state. Scored 258 and gained admission to study marine engineering. Phew! Finally..

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2022
I was towards the end of first semester and a week to exam when covid outbreak happened and all students were sent home. Chai . Another delay but it ends up being a blessing in disguise which is the main reasons for this thread. I am posting this because there are alot of lessons to gain from it. Pick whatever you wanna gain but i am passing an important life lesson here. Stay tuned as we continue our intrigues.. Dont forget to grab more popcorn and kunu if zobo no dey �

I want to use this medium to thank the lagos state government that took it upon themselves to teach students skills in 2020 during covid as computer programming was among the skills they taught them then. Unfortunately, i was not picked. I was not happy at all but i was really has interest in coding and wanna learn this programming by force. Luckily for me, my bestfriend, Erie was picked and when he comes back, he teaches me the basics. He was far ahead of me in coding and l have zeal to know more. My senior brother got me my first laptop to start with. And erie was teaching him while i brought courses online from udemy and watch YouTube videos too..
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Sleepless night and day. I kept learning and learning and learning. I never attended any physical classes or lessons but taught myself by watching videos online and also got materials from Erie. I will work for mom in the morning, follow my senior brother to farm and still come back to code. One of my friends mr Chris mentor and advice as that made me start backend coding too. My got me my first job from his co farmer who needed a website but as i wasn't good yet, Erie took the job. My brother got me another job months later from his customer in Canada whom he exported some food stuffs to. And i did it well. That period, l built my brother's company website too (hollywayglobal.com) these job were basic coding.

Soon, covid restrictions lifted and school resumed. The need for a new and better laptop arises as the codes were becoming so so much. I needed something better. My brother hustled and got me another laptop. Omo, the laptop no reach one month o. My room was burgled and laptop stolen. Another setback set in. I cried that early morning when i called my senior brother. When I told him ehn, he come dey pity me instead to vex. He was like. *"wo, be using that old one dey go jare. No money on ground as that was the period last year he wan resume his Aircraft Maintenance Engineering program. So no funds on ground like this"*. The laptop he said i should manage suffered me o. I sha used it till march this year. Imagine laptop go dey hot and It gets so hot that it panels melt one period like that. Another thing is that it off at intervals and other various issues like that jare..

2 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
I sha dey manage am daily and coding but was restricted to not learning new languages and most especially the backend i wanted to learn so badly as that is exactly where job opportunities dey pass for programming career due to the old laptop not good for heavy coding. But I never relented and I always disturb my senior brother and mom to get me a better system. They sha tell me to keep enduring because kayode(last born) too got admitted to school so funds no dey. My Sister sef just resumed 200L and her fees sef dey o. Mainwhile, as I finished my year 1, l told my mom and brother l want to move to computer science department. Bro supported it but mom was against it. He was like "Why would he study marine engineering for 5 years when he doesn't need the certificate instead of computer science for 4 years". That's was how my dream of being a marine engineer turned to being a computer software engineer. Cool..

The delays, covid and ASUU strike turn around my life ambition, destiny and career to another one. March 2022, Mom and my senior brother contributed and bought me a new laptop better than the one that was stolen. I was so so happy and elated. How she got the bulk of money. Me no know till now. She has done it before to me. I started learning new languages. Self taught and it took me determination, perseverance, thirst for success, endurance as he passed through alot i cant post all here. I thought himself the following languages: Html & Css, Javascript, Nodejs, Expressjs, Firebase, Aws S3 Bucket, Tailwindcss & Bootstrap, Reactjs & Nextjs, Mongodb &
Mongoose, Git, Redux, Typescript, webpack, Sanity.io
, Mysql, Sequelize, Sql, web3 and 20 others within 5 month. I read and stufy voraciously.

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
After learning and passing thru the fire, next na reward na. I started job hunt. Omo, no one look my side o. I did more than 10 interviews but none clicked. I was discouraged and called my senior brother one day to lament. He said "bro, see those rejections as a stepping stone. Which area did the company said they cant employ you because you ain't good at?" l will tell him. Then he will say "go learn it". That was how l learnt JavaScript and about 35 programming stacks, frameworks and more. And still learning and reading voraciously. Then l started attending job interviews online not for job but to build myself. And finally l was ready ND applied again last week. Then...
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Julius209(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
Op, This is inspiring. I started my programming journey at the beginning of this month as well and it hasn't been easy coupled with the fact that I stay alone. If I may ask, which aspect of programming are you into?
Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
ayomikuolatunji:
I sha dey manage am daily and coding but was restricted to not learning new languages and most especially the backend i wanted to learn so badly as that is exactly where job opportunities dey pass for programming career due to the old laptop not good for heavy coding. But I never relented and I always disturb my senior brother and mom to get me a better system. They sha tell me to keep enduring because kayode(last born) too got admitted to school so funds no dey. My Sister sef just resumed 200L and her fees sef dey o. Mainwhile, as I finished my year 1, l told my mom and brother l want to move to computer science department. Bro supported it but mom was against it. He was like "Why would he study marine engineering for 5 years when he doesn't need the certificate instead of computer science for 4 years". That's was how my dream of being a marine engineer turned to being a computer software engineer. Cool..

The delays, covid and ASUU strike turn around my life ambition, destiny and career to another one. March 2022, Mom and my senior brother contributed and bought me a new laptop better than the one that was stolen. I was so so happy and elated. How she got the bulk of money. Me no know till now. She has done it before to me. I started learning new languages. Self taught and it took me determination, perseverance, thirst for success, endurance as he passed through alot i cant post all here. I thought himself the following languages: Html & Css, Javascript, Nodejs, Expressjs, Firebase, Aws S3 Bucket, Tailwindcss & Bootstrap, Reactjs & Nextjs, Mongodb &
Mongoose, Git, Redux, Typescript, webpack, Sanity.io
, Mysql, Sequelize, Sql, web3 and 20 others within 5 month. I read and stufy voraciously.

Mumu

U don shoot yourself for leg

Calling Express a language self

U learnt 20+ languages in 5 months?

Joker

6 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
ayomikuolatunji:
After learning and passing thru the fire, next na reward na. I started job hunt. Omo, no one look my side o. I did more than 10 interviews but none clicked. I was discouraged and called my senior brother one day to lament. He said "bro, see those rejections as a stepping stone. Which area did the company said they cant employ you because you ain't good at?" l will tell him. Then he will say "go learn it". That was how l learnt about 35 programming languages and more. And still learning and reading voraciously. Then l started attending job interviews online not for job but to build myself. And finally l was ready ND applied again last week. Then...

Nobi only 35?

Yes I'm a hater of your jargons, rotten and fake story

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Wonder what most of you get in writing nonsense and misleading people

2 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Nobi only 35?

Yes I'm a hater of your jargons, rotten and fake story

Nothing 35 programming languages. All the stacks including non programming but related to programming.

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Wonder what most of you get in writing nonsense and misleading people

If you believe so good for you. Bye

3 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
ayomikuolatunji:

Nothing 35 programming languages. All the stacks including non programming but related to programming.

Ok sir.

All what you listed the only programming language there is JavaScript.

Funny enough u didn't mention it

You were busy mentioning the children of JavaScript

1 Like

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
I got a job finally �.. After years, months, weeks, days and man hours of hard work and persevering, enduring so much to reach a certain height in my ambition. Mehn. It really meant a lot to me, my mom, and my family as it wasn't easy for my senior brother and mom to take care of the whole family bills. No family, friends, relatives come to our aids nor gives us anything. But God's grace was overly sufficient for us. Can't even believe that my brother wey dey school go dey send money home to family. He just told me something yesterday. Bro, forget me. Bring up the rest my siblings too to a sustainable level and we all bring mom up too. I was just emotional since yesterday..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
So, that is the story of my life and how things turned around for me. Definitely, more challenges wil arise in the future but l will definitely overcome and triumph over it as long as l did in the past, l will always by God's grace and mercy. I wana say thank you to mom for training us and supporting all our dreams. She sells purewater, egg and bottle water but single handedly trained 4 children to university to be:
Aircraft Engineer, software engineer, nurse and a telecommunication engineer. 3 engineers and a nurse. No be beans o. I am grateful mom.. Make you na help me pray for long life and prosperity for her that she sha live to eat the fruits of her labour. Amen �

6 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
That's the end of my story.. Good night everyone. And thanks for following up. My advise is this. Never give up on life o abeg.. Some times and most times and all the times in life, disappointment now, somewhere and one period of time always lead to appointments in the future. It always open another door. So just keep up with whatever you are doing with determination. Always remember, preparation always meet opportunities. If you are not good in something, work upon yourself to be better and you will definitely. Life doesn't award mediocrity. Shalom ��

4 Likes

Re: My Programming Life Story.. Don't Miss.. by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
Cross the companys name or your name cheesy cheesy cheesy. Congratulations. This is just the starting point. This is what I tell other junior devs vietnam, india, mexico, brazil. These are places that should be in your radar. Getting a junior remote role in the USA or Canada is hard as hell. When you gain experience, you can now try these places.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can One Do With Just Html? / Where To Learn Practical Coding Skills In Lagos / Implementation of Part of speech tagger for Igbo and Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.