Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa (3813 Views)

Plateau South: Gov Simon Lalong Loses Senate Bid To Pdp's Bali / We Can’t Accommodate RUGA’ In South-east, South-south-gov Umahi / President Buhari: 'I Am A Very Slow Reader Maybe Because I’m An Ex-soldier' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by ComradeNap: 8:05am On Jun 18, 2022
I’m an Igbo Man From South-South ~ Gov. Okowa

▪️Mr Okowa is an ‘Ika’ from the Owa-Alero community in Delta State. Ika is a subgroup of the Igbo tribe and is predominantly found in Delta and Edo states.

▪️Governor of Delta State and Vice-Presidential candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ifeanyi Okowa, has claimed that he is an Igbo man and part of the South-East.

▪️Mr Okowa said this on Friday evening on Arise TV in response to the reaction of many political pundits regarding his ethnicity, having been picked by the PDP as running mate to its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

▪️Speaking on the show, the governor said, “Being from the South-South, I’m also an Igbo man.

▪️“I fit into all the divides. My brothers in the South-East, I’m part of them. I’m also part of the South-South.

▪️“But this does not stop the agitation in the future for the Igbos to have the presidency of this country,” the vice-presidential candidate said.

▪️Mr Okowa is an ‘Ika’ from the Owa-Alero community in Delta State. Ika is a subgroup of the Igbo tribe and is predominantly found in Delta and Edo states.

#likefirstupdate

7 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by xynerise: 8:09am On Jun 18, 2022
Goodluck Jonathan format grin

So you want us to abandon Obi for you with this format? grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Realdon1(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2022
ComradeNap:

▪️Governor of Delta State and Vice-Presidential candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ifeanyi Okowa, has claimed that he is an Igbo man and part of the South-East.

▪️Mr Okowa said this on Friday evening on Arise TV in response to the reaction of many political pundits regarding his ethnicity, having been picked by the PDP as running mate to its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

▪️Speaking on the show, the governor said, “Being from the South-South, I’m also an Igbo man.

▪️“I fit into all the divides. My brothers in the South-East, I’m part of them. I’m also part of the South-South.

▪️“But this does not stop the agitation in the future for the Igbos to have the presidency of this country,” the vice-presidential candidate said.

#likefirstupdate
Sorry Sir. But Nigeria Youth have chosen Peter Obi. Sorry for bn disappointed.
Obi is the real guy for the job.

32 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by ComradeNap: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
The thing is he never denied being Igbo before. And he has stated the truth the way it is

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Legendforte: 8:15am On Jun 18, 2022
Individual opinion shaah. Majority of your brothers vehemently opine that ika is not igbo not minding dialects. I have lived in agbor, the HQ of ika nation, so i speak from experience. what about some moves and utterances of the dein of agbor in the past. most ika men will assert their benin relationship and origin than identify with igbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2022
Nigeria politicians are now going against the rules of the british colony.
Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Creamypie(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2022
Okowa, we urobohs and Ika people, your people, are from Benin. Don't be foolish cos u want Igbo votes. Besides, we deltans are obedient. PDP in delta, including your egho aria government na thief Una be since 1999

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Tinubufit: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2022
Igbo politicians with their divide and rule you are igbo not Nigerian you will never hear hausa say I'm hausa .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:35am On Jun 18, 2022
May God bless all men of truth.

The Ikas have seen its bad to betray yourself because you want to outsmart your brother.

God will judge everyone according to his words and works.

Should Igbo nation believe Ika people now because they need Igbo now Only God knows.

2 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Sergio101(m): 8:35am On Jun 18, 2022
Sufferingboy cheesy.

Nice
Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by tamdun: 8:36am On Jun 18, 2022
Igbo people have been looking for a reason to abandon obi(their son) and lick Atiku's ball, okowa just gave them one lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2022
Creamypie:
Okowa, we urobohs and Ika people, your people, are from Benin. Don't be foolish cos u want Igbo votes. Besides, we deltans are obedient. PDP in delta, including your egho aria government na thief Una be.

Hello sister Ice-Cream, can you minister to us all here how Ika (IFEANYI) Relates to Benin?

I know benin language, their names, culture etc and all those of Ika do not in any way look similar to the Binis, pls tell us magical arithmetic you did to arrive at Ika (Ifeanyi Okowa) is Benin.

Thank you and be blessed.

11 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by NATIONALPASTOR: 8:43am On Jun 18, 2022
tamdun:
Igbo people have been looking for a reason to abandon obi(their son) and lick Atiku's ball, okowa just gave them one lipsrsealed

Repent for your judgement is near.

Don't curse or abuse.

These things you say and type are destructive to your wellbeing.

5 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by 4teenblaq: 9:08am On Jun 18, 2022
NATIONALPASTOR:

Hello sister Ice-Cream, can you minister to us all here how Ika (IFEANYI) Relates to Benin?

I know benin language, their names, culture etc and all those of Ika do not in any way look similar to the Binis, pls tell us magical arithmetic you did to arrive at Ika (Ifeanyi Okowa) is Benin.

Thank you and be blessed.

I often hear such from my people(I am from ika).. How some of them affiliate themselves to Benin while their culture, names, and dialect do not relate to Benin marvels me.

Culturally we are more like igbos than Benin.

13 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Legendforte: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2022
4teenblaq:

I often hear such from my people(I am from ika).. How some of them affiliate themselves to Benin while their culture, names, and dialect do not relate to Benin marvels me.

Culturally we are more like igbos than Benin.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by ScamHunter: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2022
Ika is suddenly Igbo because it's election time. Like Ika, like Ikwerre. After election, they start claiming Bini. We Igbo know una tricks. We recognize all other Igbos in the SS and Middlebelt except Ika and Ikwerre. You cannot deny us when you want to align with Nigeria against Igbo, and remember you're Igbo during election.

Ika and Ikwerre are Bini, not Igbo

We are Obified
PO for president, 2023

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Wisfem: 10:15am On Jun 18, 2022
ScamHunter:
Ika is suddenly Igbo because it's election time. Like Ika, like Ikwerre. After election, they start claiming Bini. We Igbo know una tricks. We recognize all other Igbos in the SS and Middlebelt except Ika and Ikwerre. You cannot deny us when you want to align with Nigeria against Igbo, and remember you're Igbo during election.

Ika and Ikwerre are Bini, not Igbo

We are Obified
PO for president, 2023

After this election PDP will forever remain Obident, Now ika and igbanke are now full Igbos because he is looking for votes

6 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Righthussle: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2022
Shut up. Judas. What does Okowa mean In Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Oplomo: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2022
Ifeanyi, you don't have a problem with Ndigbo. .

Big mouth Wike of Rivers refused to learn that you can't amount to anything politically outside your village, if you don't stand and identify with at least one of three major tribes and he paid a heavy price. He thought money buyeth and answereth all things. grin

164 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by caleboxylic: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2022
Wisfem:

After this election PDP will forever remain Obident, Now ika and igbanke are now full Igbos because he is looking for votes

They are never Igbo. They are Benin slaves and will remian so. The only Igbo in Delta for now are the enuani and ndokwa east and some part of ndokwa west. Anything Ika north and south is a Benin slave and will remian so as ikwerre are.

These people(ikwerre and Ika) will never join the Igbo mainstream again even if Nigeria disintegrates.
We will reclaim our land and send them back to Benin where they came from.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Wisfem: 10:42am On Jun 18, 2022
caleboxylic:

They are never Igbo. They are Benin slaves and will remian so. The only Igbo in Delta for now are the enuani and ndokwa east and some part of ndokwa west. Anything Ika north and south is a Benin slave and will remian so as ikwerre are.

These people(ikwerre and Ika) will never join the Igbo mainstream again even if Nigeria disintegrates.

Well said!!?
Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 18, 2022
I have nothing against you Okowa, but unfortunately for you, Peter Obi is on the ballot and every sensible Nigeria is backing him already.

Anyways, you can enjoy your new position and add it to your CV but that's just it.

5 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by helinues: 10:49am On Jun 18, 2022
Dem don see Igbo's like that.

Na appointment time the SS Igbo's dey remember the are Igbo

grin

2 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by techWriter3: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2022
Goodluck Jonathan layouts So you thing us to shun politicians for you with this layouts
Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Legendforte: 11:53am On Jun 18, 2022
caleboxylic:

Pls no be u and us agree 4 dis one. They have the liberty of association and identity.

2 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
See how some people are saying it’s the GEJ format! If you fell for the GEJ Azikiwe format, that is your personal issue because how an ijaw man(ijaw is one of the largest ethnic tribes in Nigeria after after the big 3 spread across several states) metamorphosed into an ibo man is strange.

This is not a brief for Okowa, I benefit nothing from his government, that being said, while I cannot tell much about river state, I know for certain as an ukwuani man from NDOKWA west that we identify as delta ibos, an acronym for all the ibo speaking parts of delta which spans across NDOKWA west, east, some parts of ukwani LGA, Oshimili north and south, Aniocha north and south and the whole of IKA. Have you heard a terminology like “delta bini or delta edo? Did you take cognizance of the names of these people and their dialect? Even the names of their towns and communities? Their dress sense? Their culture? Their masquerades/festivals? Even their local gods? But of course we expect the across the Niger ibos to come forward today and tell us how an IKA man is a lesser ibo man, even when the urhobos, ijaw, itsekiris, isokos all class them as the ibos among them.

This is one of the reasons the average ibo man from places other than the south east should be wary of the southeastern ibos. Their oneness is when power and money is not involved. The moment money or power is introduced, you will see their inherent greed. The very reason am ibo man will never be president is because an ibo man will always sell the ibo tribe to an outside bidder.

I pity my people at the actualization of Biafra which we hope to usher a better life, because the marginalization from the east will dwarf whatever the region experiences from other parts today. You think the average eastern ibo will allow power rotate equitable? Even in delta, they allow it rotate equitable around the 3 geopolitical zones. The eastern ibo is so greedy that he would rather sell his brother than allow power stay with his neighbors. Who sold the ibos in the first republic? Who did the core ibo heavy weights campaign for in the ruling APC primaries? When the ibos had the slot of the senate presidency under obasanjo, remind me again how many times they were used to do hatchet jobs and impeach themselves? In one government, we had Emwerem, okadigbo, wabara, Anyim etc.

I graduated from Unizik in 2009 and I saw first hand how power drunk they are, every district, you have an igwe because nobody wants to be subservient to his neighbor. Igwe Nodu, Igwe okpuno, igwe nodu okpuno, igwe every single department, igwe every single faculty, igwe every single hostel, igwe every single fellowship, igwe every church, igwe anything about everything. Even the streets have igwe. These are the people that will allow power rotate to Delta or Rivers in a Biafra?

How convenient that in my country of residence, we just discovered that every count of people we have had issues with regards to betrayal and bussiness deals gone bad is an eastern ibo from imo state, save a single edo exception. 11 total cases with a whopping 10 from one eastern state.

They will never see anything wrong in themselves. I expect them to bash me and ignore the barefaced truth, it will not stop it from being the truth. And yes, presidency is far from the east until the put their greed and betrayal tendencies behind. Obi will not be president, even though he is the best man for the job. I don’t live in social media delusions.

3 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Mrexcell(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
Everybody knows this nah here in delta state the ika people are also called delta igbos.

1 Like

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Mrexcell(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
Legendforte:
Individual opinion shaah. Majority of your brothers vehemently opine that ika is not igbo not minding dialects. I have lived in agbor, the HQ of ika nation, so i speak from experience. what about some moves and utterances of the dein of agbor in the past. most ika men will assert their benin relationship and origin than identify with igbo.

So why do most of them still choose igbo names instead of bini names?

2 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Mrexcell(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
redseason:
See how some people are saying it’s the GEJ format! If you fell for the GEJ Azikiwe format, that is your personal issue because how an ijaw man(ijaw is one of the largest ethnic tribes in Nigeria after after the big 3 spread across several states) metamorphosed into an ibo man is strange.

This is not a brief for Okowa, I benefit nothing from his government, that being said, while I cannot tell much about river state, I know for certain as an ukwuani man from NDOKWA west that we identify as delta ibos, an acronym for all the ibo speaking parts of delta which spans across NDOKWA west, east, some parts of ukwani LGA, Oshimili north and south, Aniocha north and south and the whole of IKA. Have you heard a terminology like “delta bini or delta edo? Did you take cognizance of the names of these people and their dialect? Even the names of their towns and communities? Their dress sense? Their culture? Their masquerades/festivals? Even their local gods? But of course we expect the across the Niger ibos to come forward today and tell us how an IKA man is a lesser ibo man, even when the urhobos, ijaw, itsekiris, isokos all class them as the ibos among them.

This is one of the reasons the average ibo man from places other than the south east should be wary of the southeastern ibos. Their oneness is when power and money is not involved. The moment money or power is introduced, you will see their inherent greed. The very reason am ibo man will never be president is because an ibo man will always sell the ibo tribe to an outside bidder.

I pity my people at the actualization of Biafra which we hope to usher a better life, because the marginalization from the east will dwarf whatever the region experiences from other parts today. You think the average eastern ibo will allow power rotate equitable? Even in delta, they allow it rotate equitable around the 3 geopolitical zones. The eastern ibo is so greedy that he would rather sell his brother than allow power stay with his neighbors. Who sold the ibos in the first republic? Who did the core ibo heavy weights campaign for in the ruling APC primaries? When the ibos had the slot of the senate presidency under obasanjo, remind me again how many times they were used to do hatchet jobs and impeach themselves? In one government, we had Emwerem, okadigbo, wabara, Anyim etc.

I graduated from Unizik in 2009 and I saw first hand how power drunk they are, every district, you have an igwe because nobody wants to be subservient to his neighbor. Igwe Nodu, Igwe okpuno, igwe nodu okpuno, igwe every single department, igwe every single faculty, igwe every single hostel, igwe every single fellowship, igwe every church, igwe anything about everything. Even the streets have igwe. These are the people that will allow power rotate to Delta or Rivers in a Biafra?

How convenient that in my country of residence, we just discovered that every count of people we have had issues with regards to betrayal and bussiness deals gone bad is an eastern ibo from imo state, save a single edo exception. 11 total cases with a whopping 10 from one eastern state.

They will never see anything wrong in themselves. I expect them to bash me and ignore the barefaced truth, it will not stop it from being the truth. And yes, presidency is far from the east until the put their greed and betrayal tendencies behind. Obi will not be president, even though he is the best man for the job. I don’t live in social media delusions.

So how come a delta igbo man was able to become ohanaeze president some few years ago if what u wrote here is true? You cant judge the whole south east with ur personal encounters with some few criminal elements from there it doesn't make any sense.

3 Likes

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2022
The incoming VP of Nigeria come 2023.
Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by gidgiddy: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
Righthussle:
Shut up. Judas. What does Okowa mean In Igbo.

I remember when Ifeanyi Okowa was talking at the launch of "Asusu Ika". He told the audience in Igbo that his surname is actually Oke-Owa, because he is from Owa and means "great Owa", which is what it translates to in Igbo

1 Like

Re: I’m An Igbo Man From South-south ~ Gov. Okowa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
ComradeNap:

#likefirstupdate
his my brother am from Delta state am delta igbo,pure igbo Nobi ijaw igbo, but he will still lose to peter obi, nothing to write home about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: APC Just Credit My Account With 50,000 For Just Recharge Card (Screenshot) / The New Nigeria Dream / Court remands Abiola’s son in EFCC custody over alleged N35.5m scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.