Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion (53806 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Onyenna(m): 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
Massive shout out to king125007

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

We need not fight today, let's appreciate this two living legends.

Remember I'm no blogger, but a music lover

#Analyzt

Edited

true but we talking about wizkid and davido.... olamide own was grace plus feature he did with wizkid omotoshan.

If he didn't feature wizkid I doubt if he would have been noticed at all

That's the reason I left olamide out

And we still can't dispute The influence those two have till today olamide can't be compared to it

Let's leave that argument for another day

Eniduro was a hit on the street of lagos, it didn't put baddo on the spotlight.. talking about the thick corners of the east or The ghettos in the south.

Let's talk true for once

I'm a southerner and till today not everyone heard about eniduro during when it was realeasd.

But same can't be said for omotoshan ft wizkid.

You can't compare the airplay they got.. That song made olamide blow home and away... parties and all... The Four corners of nigeria.
I can lecture you more

But it will be on my next post.

I never heard about the song “Eniduro” till now..... But we all played Omotoshan ft wizkid in my town in the East.... Great song......
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Griffon(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
Davido broke out from where?
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by allicare: 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
kenbee:
Even as we are greatful to them, let's not forget to get our PVCs for Mr Peter Obi. This is a New Nigeria project!

Pls get away with your tribalistic Obi. Obi will soon go to OBLIVON
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by brio1408: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
Amen and you too.
Philuv007:
God bless u more.. sense no go finish for ur head...
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by lapazi(m): 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:

If only your brain cells functions well just like the way you rant you see I acknowledged the presence of social media.

How popular was tiktok or tweeter doing 2008 , 2009

Once again many of you don't just read to understand too much depression and fustration is affecting some of you.

Take a sit kid, I’m not about to go into a rant with you.
You clearly out of your depth son!
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by NoToPile: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Wow I just saw Seyi shodimus name on one post and I can't believe I remembered the love me jeje lyrics word for word its been years oo. grin grin if not more than 20years.
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by phemmyfour: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
When I see people talking about how tiktok, instagram, social media influence the whole nigeria music and made it more opened to the masses (upcoming artist) to thrive on. I quite agreed with them but one thing they always forget is to give accolades to the two men who made it possible before those app came noticed.

We all knew how the nigeria music industry operated in the early 2000s, ( 2 decades ago) it was controlled by different cabals who called themselves record labels, from kennis music, square records, storm records, mo hit and some other few. if you don't belong to any of the aforementioned you can't get a collaboration not to talk of making it big in nigeria. they were many upcoming artist then who were so good but was never heard of because soundcity refuses to play their songs. Them never play kennis stars music finish, na you when dey ojulegba...na them want play?
Radio stations were delibartely turning down upcoming musicians record tapes except you got connection to pull some strings.

Then came wizkid and Davido, they changed the entire music scene from the hands of this cabals and the monopoly they practiced. like so many wizkid was signed to eme record when he was still a teenager. he spent few years and left, during that time alot of upcoming artist saw that they could actually thrived, since wizkid did it, davido did it within a short period of time they could also.

That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the industry opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.
You are wrong. There were others record labels making wave then like trybes record, storms record, coded tunes, question mark, chocolate city etc
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by oxygenlove(m): 9:55pm On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
true but we talking about wizkid and davido.... olamide own was grace plus feature he did with wizkid omotoshan.

wetin you dey talk Oga ... Baddo blow with Eni duro .... No dey talk nonsense... People loved the song cos they are still grieving to Dagrin's death...... Omotoshan na just jara

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by baajetu(m): 10:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
Very annoying and disrespectful, wizkid never influenced olamide limelight they were both rising stars, go back to his very early days, Olamide was on �
KiNg0G:

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Yemimovich(m): 7:31am On Jun 19, 2022
Neither Davido nor Wizkid broke the jinx.
If Olamide never featured Wizkid in his first project, he would still blow.
What Davido and Wizkid including Burna Boy are earning today, Olamide earned them all along. I won't be surprised if he's richer than more than some of these big names.
His projects count for him, hit tracks count for him, his endorsement payment are always unannounced, his impact in lifting others and influence is another factor, his record label at a tender age is unmatchable. None of these subjects of your choice had such at that age. His breakthrough is unquantifiable with anyone in the industry. Oh, he's well connected. His awards receptions started so early. He's focused, cool and never a loud person.
So, your choice of subjects are based on how limited your horizon is.
You're not a good music analyst, but a fan.

That's all.
KiNg0G:

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

#Analyzt

Edited

And we still can't dispute The influence those two have till today olamide can't be compared to it

Eniduro was a hit on the street of lagos, it didn't put baddo on the spotlight.. talking about the thick corners of the east or The ghettos in the south.

Let's talk true for once

I'm a southerner and till today not everyone heard about eniduro during when it was realeasd.

You can't compare the airplay they got.. That song made olamide blow home and away... parties and all... The Four corners of nigeria.
I can lecture you more

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Ajibade123(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
KiNg0G:

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

#Analyzt

Edited

Let's talk true for once

I can lecture you more

wizkid helped Olamide ke
as at the time of omotoshan wizkid and Olamide were on the same level
in fact that tracked helped wizkid more
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Ramirezkhay(m): 1:28am On Dec 05, 2022
Infact na Baddo first start yearly concert (OLIC) Baba dy cashout wella b4 dem wise up join am for the yearly shitt
Nocommonsense:
When I read it I knew he was sentimental he doesn’t want to give Olamide the accolades due his style of music then Olamide has been the biggest fish in the industry hustle just only one year and create his record label that was what wizkid and davido see that made them do the same
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by mass24: 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2022
Olamide - Wound Someone (Lyrics) | African Song Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZFqik_BaMA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#SouthAfricanMusicAwards: Man In Cloth Made Of Currency Notes / Is Masturbation Responsible For Lack Of Progress In My Music Career (pics) / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Bukunmi – Eazy Eazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.