Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka (702 Views)

Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong / Kenneth Okonkwo: What APC Did Is Unconstitutional, Supports Peter Obi / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by oseahumenb(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
THE ANTI-OPEN GRAZING LAW IN BENUE AND OTHER STATES IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL
~ *ATIKU*

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in next month’s election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has called for a review of the open grazing prohibition and ranches establishment law in some states of the federation.

Atiku, who was answering questions, Wednesday, on a talkshow “The Candidates” said the law was unconstitutional and infringes on the rights of Fulani herdsmen to freedom of movement and residence across the country.

“We have to look at the constitutionality of those laws. I’m not sure whether they come with the provisions of our constitution which guarantees freedom of movement, the right to reside wherever you want in the country and so on, and so forth. So we have to look at that.

“The constitution does not restrict the movement of people in Nigeria, so any law that restrict people from moving freely and doing their legitimate business can’t be upheld,” he said.

The former vice-president said rather than ban the free movement of cattle, feeding lots should be established across the country, an intervention which he admitted would take a long time to achieve.

“I believe that the best solution to the farmers/herders clashes is to try and enlighten our herdsmen on the use of feeding lots. These feeding lots can conveniently be established all over the country.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/01/31/ati ku-backs-herdsmen-says-anti-grazing-law-unconstitutional/

*JUST A REMINDER ON WHAT VOTERS ARE GOING TO CHOOSE FROM*
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by citygarden(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
Atiku will be buhari pro max if elected president. All Fulani have the same ideology. Don't let them fool us. Thank God all this are coming before election

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Jostoman: 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
If that is the case, who said igboho should not come to Lagos to do rally? Or is president Musa yaradua not a Fulani Man that every tribe were praising him even after his death.

Mr OP let me ask you what has BAT done for Yoruba people.
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2022
citygarden:
[S]Atiku will be buhari pro max if elected president. All Fulani have the same ideology. Don't let them fool us. Thank God all this are coming before election[/S]
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
Fake news. The Waziri Adamawa is a man with democratic principles.

1 Like

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Ttalk: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2022
Atiku is a bigot

26 Likes

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Parachoko: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
Elder0001:
Fake news. The Waziri Adamawa is a man with democratic principles.
The joke is on you

25 Likes

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Jostoman: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ttalk:
Atiku is a bigot
can you tell me what BAT have done for Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
These are my concerns between the two candidates.....cus even Tinubu hasn't taken a stand on the herdsmen issue..... honestly the only thing we need in Nigeria is restructuring.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by sinkhole: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
Atiku can not be trusted in many areas of Nigeria problems!
He supports open grazing and he said he will hand over all Federal Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges to State Governments!

1 Like

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by babasolution: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
Southern Nigerians will regret forever if they vote in an Atiku,the symbolism of a Fulani handing over to another Fulani should not be taken lightly

3 Likes

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
Parachoko:
The joke is on you

Post screenshots of this same news from major news platforms like punch, thenation and vanguard etc.

The Waziri Adamawa is a man with democratic principles, and he'll implement federalism to the core when he takes the helm of affairs at Aso rock come next year. He is also a detribalised individual and will work for the general good of all ethnic tribes and groups in Nigeria.
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Ttalk: 1:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jostoman:
can you tell me what BAT have done for Yoruba people.

Does Tinubu represent Yoruba. Maybe you need to reframe your question if you want an answer from me

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by BSdetective: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
WesternOligarch:
These are my concerns between the two candidates.....cus even Tinubu hasn't taken a stand on the herdsmen issue..... honestly the only thing we need in Nigeria is restructuring.

It's why I just laugh at people pushing tinubu and obi. even if a southern president were to emerge he would be too timid to act on the herdsmen issue considering that majority of his votes are coming from the north. It's why don't even bother about voting in presidential elections, the system is faulty, and changing the driver(president) won't fix the issue.

1 Like

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Ttalk: 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
Elder0001:

Post screenshots of this same news from major news platforms like punch, thenation and vanguard etc.

The Waziri Adamawa is a man with democratic principles, and he'll implement federalism to the core when he takes the helm of affairs at Aso rock come next year. He is also a detribalised individual and will work for the general good of all ethnic tribes and groups in Nigeria.

No wonder he built his bottle water factory and University in Adamawa.

22 Likes

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by datola: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2022
We have not suffered enough if any sensible Nigerian caste for Atiku.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Quest7777: 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
Any aspirant that holds this view is a bigot & vision-less leader & does not deserve to be the president of Nigeria.
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by budaatum: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
BSdetective:

It's why I just laugh at people pushing tinubu and obi. even if a southern president were to emerge he would be too timid to act on the herdsmen issue considering that majority of his votes are coming from the north. It's why don't even bother about voting in presidential elections, the system is faulty, and changing the driver(president) won't fix the issue.

I cry at your hopelessness and delight that it is not infectious.

Most here know the power of their one vote to change the system by first changing the driver who would drive the system to a different more able mechanic.
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by budaatum: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
datola:
We have not suffered enough if any sensible Nigerian caste for Atiku.

Or Tinubu.
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Artisticity1: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2022
Imagine
Re: Anti Open Grazing Law By State Govt Is Unconstitutional... Atiku Abubarka by Vulturereloaded: 10:43am On Jun 19, 2022

(1) (Reply)

God Will Never Forgive Me If I Support Atiku - OBJ / How Tinubu Drinks Osun And Ogun Dry Undetected / 2023: Christians Will Not Vote For Parties With Same Faith - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.