Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) (77609 Views)

Osun Governorship Election 2022 Results (Live Updates) / Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Ekiti 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) by abbey621(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
almarthins:

If the people that will vote are not online, then it will be accurate for me to say that you re not a voter.

Yesterday, we all called Mr integrity, "saint" . When the elders were warning us the man" buhari " is crooked whom Nigerian should be careful about. I told them, forget all that sentimental nonsense, just as you re telling me.

The era of voting party logo is fading out. Though the people are majorly under burden of hunger.

Soon most of you will find out that reality often differs drastically from fantasy. Even advanced countries like the USA never gave Trump a chance of becoming president, all the online polls, all the media were hyping the potential of the first female president. They were banking on more educated people in the USA than stupid or mediocre ones, they got the shock of their lives.

The same pattern is rearing its ugly head in Nigeria, most of you are swayed and mesmerized by the online support that you don't bother to go to any grassroot meetings. You don't even conduct opposition research to see what you're up against. One or two sermons by a cleric in the North can result in thousands of votes for Atiku, one signal by the Sultan or other high religious/traditional role models could result in millions of votes. Let's now not talk of the power of Jagaban's machinery, the art of persuassion through emotional bias. There are some poeple that will never vote against party, there are some people that will never vote against tribe or religion.

In short, what I'm saying is simple, do not be deceived by online popularity, when it comes to actual voting, majority of those you see online will not stand in line for 2 or more hours. Majority of us will run when touts come for the ballot box. In the North, who dey monitor them? When 3 states in the North alone equals the vote of about 11 states in the South, you should be very worried! Don't take my word for it, just look at the last two presidential elections and study the data, may God help us all!
Re: Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) by juman(m): 5:16am On Jun 20, 2022
The voters turn out was bad.

Only core North vote massively during election.
In other areas we should take voting serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) / Akeredolu Is Incapacitated, Bedridden In Ibadan - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.